Discontinued The Firefly Vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
Hey mckeen - The back of the battery says Li-ion. Where did you hear it was Li-poly?

From their web page, (http://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-portable-vaporizer.html). lol, I can't read what it says on the battery and I would prefer Li-ion. But the web page and the reps say diff.
  • Firefly
    Portable Vaporizer
    $269.95
    • Dynamic Convection Vaporizer
    • High Power LiPo Battery
    • Charging Adapter
    • Carrying Bag
    • Cleaning Kit
As far as this discount, I may have made an error. I was on this site searching for the first time about the Firefly and I though I found a discount code here. Maybe not, but the codes discount ended up giving me a free battery and charger for the price of 269 no tax or frt. I will see if I can find this but it may be discontinued or I may have used too much medicine. Yep probably the later. I do remeber that they called it the premium package. It was called Friends and Family discount. The special went like this. The premium package for 299 and the code gave me a 10% discount. Resulting in the 269 price.
The premium package include the Firefly with battery and an extra battery and external charger.

Last edited:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Last edited:

tufftitty

@steama Care to make a video showing us how to do this in under a minute? Did you just use the pic provided? How did you avoid not bending the edges of the mesh?

Also, does anyone know where else I can buy this wire mesh at a discount or do I have to go to through Firefly? Same thing goes for extra batteries... or are these proprietary?

@tufftitty Where did you hear that visible vapor is wasted medicine? For me, that's how I really know I took a large hit. Am I mistaken?
I read somewhere that you shouldn't take big hits where you're forced to exhale a big cloud, basically vapor seen is vapor not absorbed ?

mckeen

Tumrgrwer
Mine says Li-ion 7.4v 750mAh 5.55Wh on the back.

The picture on their website of the spare battery also says Li-ion, etc. just exactly like mine.
I would say that the web page is in error. I wanted a lithium-ion and that's what I got.:doh: You made my day. They will get it together one day, but they are a brand new company.
  • Firefly
    Portable Vaporizer
    $269.95
    • Dynamic Convection Vaporizer
    • High Power LiPo Battery
    • Charging Adapter
    • Carrying Bag
    • Cleaning Kit

Last edited:
I read somewhere that you shouldn't take big hits where you're forced to exhale a big cloud, basically vapor seen is vapor not absorbed ?

Don't know about the science of all this but will say that I've found that I get a buzz off a hit or two from the FF that just provide me with a taste of the herbs but little or no visible cloud when I exhale.

peachfuzz

OMG My wife was over by the FedEx office that is holding my little red precious and she called to tell me that they were open :clap::rockon::bowdown:
I'm out the door in a shot and now my FF is charging up. Stopped by a dispensary on the way home and picked up some God's Gift to christen it with.
:smug:
Can you post a picture of how it looks from the outside? I'm new here, but I've been lurking. The paint on the dark grey is beautiful and I was wondering if the red paint looks grainy or flat! I'm sure it looks beautiful either way but I'm just curious.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Can you post a picture of how it looks from the outside? I'm new here, but I've been lurking. The paint on the dark grey is beautiful and I was wondering if the red paint looks grainy or flat! I'm sure it looks beautiful either way but I'm just curious.
IMG_0191_zpsded15374.jpg

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Anyone notice any "play" or "wiggle room" around where the mouthpiece goes into the unit? My is a little loose and the mouth piece sits just slightly crooked with the right side just a hair lower than the left.

Mine has the tiniest bit. The *tiniest*. If I push on it hard. I would've never noticed it. It isn't in crooked, at all...it just has the teensiest bit of play in it.

No video — sorry. This device was made for stoners, just get it (the screen) in good and then forget it. Bent edges? Relax, perfection not required for enjoyment. If this takes you longer than a minute I do not know what to tell you except maybe — don't sweat the small shit and things will be fine as frog fur.

People seem a little obsessed with the screen. It *does* seem intimidating...but after three weeks with the FF, using it every day, I really don't know when or even if I'll ever need to change it. If you wipe out the bowl, with or without iso, the screen gets totally clean. It just doesn't seem like something that needs to be replaced frequently, let alone in the first 30 days of use....at least in my experience.

tufftitty

Don't know about the science of all this but will say that I've found that I get a buzz off a hit or two from the FF that just provide me with a taste of the herbs but little or no visible cloud when I exhale.
Exactly, and I have gotten to a point where, because of how freaking smooth the hit from the ff is, that I usually when I exhale a big cloud it's almost a surprise.

My thing is that the device is so fun and rewarding to use that even when I'm "good" I have to rationalize with myself about NOT progressing with the bowl

mephisto

Dammit!!!!! All these great reviews and a head full of vapor, so I'm in. Thanks for all the research fellas. Do they have 12 step programs for VAS?

@steama how does this bad boy compare to your prior experience with the Davinci. I am waiting to see if this will take the dv out of daily rotation......

tufftitty

The Firefly is amazing. I keep loving it more with every single draw. I have been visualizing pulling vapor off my material with each draw. I look at the Firefly like a resin removal device for connoisseurs.

I have never had vapor this good.

It's exactly that; a device for connoisseurs. Also my technique now is, to turn the firefly off to the side with full seal around mouthpiece, I find it easier to visualize the slow pull, almost like an old man who sucks on a tobacco pipe

Edit: just wanna say FUCK COMBUSTION

Last edited:

OMEiAM

I have a serious question.

I chose the PnP over the Firefly because it was just too damn expensive. I mean I guess the price justifies the build quality but is there something I am missing? It just seems like a technologically-advanced MFLB to me.

Also I hear battery life is not that great and you can't use the unit while charging which is weird since it is on the larger side of portables. The only argument could be that you could buy extra batteries and a battery charger but that is more money on top of the $269 price tag.

I support everyones vaporizer decision and I love that there are so many to choose from. I am just wondering in case I decide to pick up the Firefly in the future.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I had a fantastic session this afternoon with the firefly. On my way home I wanted some tranquil meditation time. I decided t go to a local trail and walk around. A really big tree had fallen sometime last winter over the creek that runs long the trail. I decided to climb out onto the tree and pause for a bit.

11810549505_bb5b0a13ef_z.jpg

It was the perfect place to have a session with the firefly. The experience was quite pleasurable. The results were great and the ABV was a remarkably even shade of brown/tan. I think this was due to the cold air outside... there was some icicles on the tree branches near the water surface. I felt like the cold air helped to keep things from getting warm quickly inside the oven area.

I am also getting the "technique" down more. It mostly comes down to the draw speed you use. Other then that, I find there is not a ton of technique involved. I find the draw speed is actually a little faster then I anticipated. I thought you had to draw ultra slow like you do with the MFLB. I did notice that people using it for the first time need to be told to slow down some, as they expect to hit it fast like a pipe.

Can't wait to get some extra batteries and the external charger. That should make it very convenient to use over multiple sessions throughout the day.

birdsiview

So I'm in the process of draining the battery to death in hopes that it fixes my charging issue. Is a flashing red light when I press the button on the right indicative of a dead battery or is it just saying its on the verge of dying? The heating element doesn't come on but according to the manual a blinking red just means it's low, not dead.

tufftitty

I have a serious question.

I chose the PnP over the Firefly because it was just too damn expensive. I mean I guess the price justifies the build quality but is there something I am missing? It just seems like a technologically-advanced MFLB to me.

Also I hear battery life is not that great and you can't use the unit while charging which is weird since it is on the larger side of portables. The only argument could be that you could buy extra batteries and a battery charger but that is more money on top of the $269 price tag.

I support everyones vaporizer decision and I love that there are so many to choose from. I am just wondering in case I decide to pick up the Firefly in the future.

It's like sticking a Cadillac into your mouth and getting the freshest flavors

OMEiAM

It's like sticking a Cadillac into your mouth and getting the freshest flavors
firefly1.png

I guess the fact that I would pay $269 for a portable vape that isn't very portable is my gripe. Also the fact that the greater size didn't translate into a bigger battery. So I guess it's the functionality - The best vapor?

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I guess the fact that I would pay $269 for a portable vape that isn't very portable is my gripe. Also the fact that the greater size didn't translate into a bigger battery. So I guess it's the functionality - The best vapor?

It's pretty portable. More so than the Solo. You're paying for the quality of the build and design, the convection, the quality of the vapor. It's definitely pricey though...I understand people's reticence. I don't think it's been a casual decision for anyone who's shelled out for it.

But, you know, it's a great vape, quite possibly a new gold standard in portable vapes, and I don't have any regrets over the purchase. Just try to take my FF away from me! :cuss::disgust:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Ok gang I experimented with different load sizes and packs and here is my take on it:
I overfill the bowl a little and use a chapstick cap to tamp it down (sort of like my packing technique with the Cera) Not too tight, but a firm tamp nonetheless. While leaving the cap on top of the load I blow off any particles out from around the bowl. I then put the lid on and go to town. I found that with this technique the load does not shift around and no stirring is needed. The bowl will definitely last longer too, for the cloud chasers as well as the taste connoisseurs. The load drops out like a puck and is evenly brown throughout. This also keeps the glass window and vapor paths surprisingly cleaner then a small load. The smaller load works well too just a lot more particles get gummy and stick to the window. Just personal preference. I like SLIMS suggestion about a hot wipe with a hankie if handy and also I take a qtip out and swab out the glass window while warm to and this works great! The Firefly definitely has my solo and ascent on the shelf for now and has turned my Cera into strictly an EO and wax machine:razz: Man I've been waiting for this one for a long time! :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think the MFLB comparison comes from the instant on nature of the heat and a lack of a "precise" temperature control. I found that analogy is why I though I would have to sip the vapor slowly to get good results. It is much better to slowly draw the air through the material in order to extract. I have not tired a lotus, but I sort of feel like firefly is more closely related to that vaporizer, but with a battery power source as opposed to flame operated.

OMEiAM

Ok gang I experimented with different load sizes and packs and here is my take on it:
I overfill the bowl a little and use a chapstick cap to tamp it down (sort of like my packing technique with the Cera) Not too tight, but a firm tamp nonetheless. While leaving the cap on top of the load I blow off any particles out from around the bowl. I then put the lid on and go to town. I found that with this technique the load does not shift around and no stirring is needed. The bowl will definitely last longer too, for the cloud chasers as well as the taste connoisseurs. The load drops out like a puck and is evenly brown throughout. This also keeps the glass window and vapor paths surprisingly cleaner then a small load. The smaller load works well too just a lot more particles get gummy and stick to the window. Just personal preference. I like SLIMS suggestion about a hot wipe with a hankie if handy and also I take a qtip out and swab out the glass window while warm to and this works great! The Firefly definitely has my solo and ascent on the shelf for now and has turned my Cera into strictly an EO and wax machine:razz: Man I've been waiting for this one for a long time! :nod:

Having to stir was another thing I found to be annoying about the Firefly so I'm glad that there is a method around it!

I think the MFLB comparison comes from the instant on nature of the heat and a lack of a "precise" temperature control. I found that analogy is why I though I would have to sip the vapor slowly to get good results. It is much better to slowly draw the air through the material in order to extract. I have not tired a lotus, but I sort of feel like firefly is more closely related to that vaporizer, but with a battery power source as opposed to flame operated.

The instant on functionality of both of the vapes is why I compared them and I thought the Firefly would require a really long slow draw like the MFLB.

I would want a power adapter for the Firefly. That would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom