The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
So question for anyone here with experience using the Cloud Evo...
I have a Vapir NO2 and now my FF2 (havent picked up the NO2 in a month) and am currently seeing a deal for 20% off a Cloud Evo (280 brand new). Will I regret purchasing this unit for more stationary at home use if I already have a FF2? I love a nice bong rip so I feel like the Evo could be a great addition to my collection! Thanks for any feedback, btw am still loving the FF2 and have decided that my Oring issue is simply visual.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this kind of question but I have yet to get a bad response here!

MikeMcSnipe,

Atanyrhate

Can anyone direct me to the photos of the inside of the FF2? I've seen where they have been referenced, but I cant seem to put my eyeballs on them. I'm curious as to the complaint about the electronics potentially coming in contact with the vapor somehow. I just want to see for myself what they are talking about.

Thanks

Atanyrhate,

b0

Cloudy...
I have a Vapir NO2 and now my FF2 (havent picked up the NO2 in a month) and am currently seeing a deal for 20% off a Cloud Evo (280 brand new). Will I regret purchasing this unit for more stationary at home use if I already have a FF2? I love a nice bong rip so I feel like the Evo could be a great addition to my collection! Thanks for any feedback, btw am still loving the FF2 and have decided that my Oring issue is simply visual.

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this kind of question but I have yet to get a bad response here!

The EVO is an amazing device, my favorite vaporizer for sure! You won't regret buying it.

b0,
Can anyone direct me to the photos of the inside of the FF2? I've seen where they have been referenced, but I cant seem to put my eyeballs on them. I'm curious as to the complaint about the electronics potentially coming in contact with the vapor somehow. I just want to see for myself what they are talking about.

Thanks
Hey man im in class and cant find any exact posts atm but look at my past posts, I have some pics of the bowl of the unit as I was concerned about my o-ring.

MikeMcSnipe,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I paid close attention to sessions last night. If you have a pretty fresh bowl, do a few hits and immediately open to stir while still very hot, you are right, it is a very strong odor. If you let it cool a bit, its much less smelly. I don't know about distance traveled and how much it lingers.

I think we are in violent agreement. :lol: Kind of what I was getting at in my roundabout way....it throws a lot of odor in the normal course of a bowl, for me, if I hit a few times, open, stir, etc. If I set it down, even for five or so minutes, there's a lot less odor from opening the lid.

In any event it is certainly a super-stealthy vape in most cases, especially if you can avoid opening the lid. I don't have any other portable that is so odor-free during use, when the lid is on. All my other ports give off a lot more smell in the normal course of operation.

Atanyrhate

Hey man im in class and cant find any exact posts atm but look at my past posts, I have some pics of the bowl of the unit as I was concerned about my o-ring.

Thanks Mike! I was under the impression that there was images of a disassembled unit where you can see the guts and how everything is laid out in there.

Atanyrhate,

Mango

Just called them. They said they received the shipment today and are working on them right now. They should be shipping out to customers either later today or tomorrow.

Its happening!

Mango,

jay87

I keep experimenting with different methods of using the FF2 trying to get the absolute most out of this vape. The only problem is no matter how I use it I end up with great results :hmm:

One thing I'm finding very enjoyable is using a homemade whip for the FF2. Using a silicone tube stretched around the FF2 mouthpiece and drawing from a spare plastic mouthpiece on the other end of the tube gives a very nice experience.

This allows you to see your vapor production in real time and helps you adjust your draw. Also I personally find it easier to take longer larger draws this way. It's very fun to watch the tube start out clear and then watch it milk up until it's totally whitewashed as you continue to take draws.

If you have some safe clear tubing or otherwise I would highly recommend trying to connect it to your FF2 as a whip. I've noticed that once my FF2 is warmed up drawing just a bit faster and harder than you might think from all the LSD talk is actually beneficial for vapor production.

I'm using my FF2 exclusively with concentrates now and even after having it this long I still find myself saying "Wow, this vape is so good" :clap:

FreshOregonBud

60's wild child
I'm stupid. I barely bought this thing online and thought this is what I bought.

It turns out it's a Flowermate V5.0

Is there a thread for that one

I'm sorry-I'm such a stoner I got mixed up when I was looking through the portable vapes

Last edited:

FreshOregonBud

60's wild child
Thank you so much Steama. I am an idiot and got mixed up about which portable vape I bought. See above. I edited my post.

Is there a thread for a V5.0 Pro Flowermate?

FreshOregonBud,
Reactions: steama

b0

Cloudy...
You can contact them, but honestly, I don't think they know what the problem is, let alone how to fix it. It hasn't happened to enough users yet....it doesn't even happen with any regularity to the few of us who've noticed it.

I would just work around it for now until it's better understood. It's pretty easy to avoid it thanks to having a spare battery. Keep one charged for those times when the current battery might go dead earlier than you anticipated. .

I have been testing this for a week and now I have no doubts about it, if I left the battery in my ff2 it drains it no matter if I use it or not.

The other day I went for a trip and charged the unit the day before and put it in my backpack, most of the day I was using my Omnivap (love this little vape) so the ff2 wasn't used until we arrived home. It was really sad when I tried to hit it and after only 2 hits I discovered that in only 24 hours the battery was almost totally drained without me using it.

Right now battery is my biggest issue with this vaporizer. Battery life it's not as good as I would like, usually 1 bowl and a half if I get the ABV as dark as I like, sometimes 2 bowls if I'm lucky.

The battery meter is just a joke, never ever works so I never know when is gonna die. I have had the unit die in my hands without battery and then press the button to see how much battery remains and had the full battery blinking. After that I tried using it again and got the usual red no battery. It just don't work.

And even worse that all that, the battery drains without use in only 24 hours. That's something that never happened to me with any of my other vaporizers and I don't think it should happen.

So what should I do? Contact them? Or is this a known issue that can be fixed through a firmware update? I don't know, I'm starting to think about selling this unit if they not gonna fix the battery issues...

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
So what should I do? Contact them? Or is this a known issue that can be fixed through a firmware update? I don't know, I'm starting to think about selling this unit if they not gonna fix the battery issues...

I would call them. They have heard of this issue so it's technically "known" but I have no idea if they have replicated it. I've personally seen it occur very intermittently with two different units, but on my current FF it is very spotty. I just used a single battery for four or five days....sometimes I can't get two days out of a charge.

Call 'em. No idea how they'll respond but my personal feeling is you should be sent a new unit.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: Vapenado

b0

Cloudy...
I would call them. They have heard of this issue so it's technically "known" but I have no idea if they have replicated it. I've personally seen it occur very intermittently with two different units, but on my current FF it is very spotty. I just used a single battery for four or five days....sometimes I can't get two days out of a charge.

Call 'em. No idea how they'll respond but my personal feeling is you should be sent a new unit.

Thx for your help! Can't call them because I'm in UK, but will send an email this weekend and update when they answer me. Hope they sent me a new unit, won't mind paying the shipping to UK if needed.

stinkytofus

Is that including the hydratube ?

stinkytofus,

greenextinguisher

I keep experimenting with different methods of using the FF2 trying to get the absolute most out of this vape. The only problem is no matter how I use it I end up with great results :hmm:

One thing I'm finding very enjoyable is using a homemade whip for the FF2. Using a silicone tube stretched around the FF2 mouthpiece and drawing from a spare plastic mouthpiece on the other end of the tube gives a very nice experience.

This allows you to see your vapor production in real time and helps you adjust your draw. Also I personally find it easier to take longer larger draws this way. It's very fun to watch the tube start out clear and then watch it milk up until it's totally whitewashed as you continue to take draws.

If you have some safe clear tubing or otherwise I would highly recommend trying to connect it to your FF2 as a whip. I've noticed that once my FF2 is warmed up drawing just a bit faster and harder than you might think from all the LSD talk is actually beneficial for vapor production.

I'm using my FF2 exclusively with concentrates now and even after having it this long I still find myself saying "Wow, this vape is so good" :clap:

The whips sounds like fun. Have you attached to anything with water yet?

I'm liking me some LS-LS-NSS-D (the long sloooooowwwww then less slow then not so slow draw). Especially on the first one.

Edit:

I have been testing this for a week and now I have no doubts about it, if I left the battery in my ff2 it drains it no matter if I use it or not.

The other day I went for a trip and charged the unit the day before and put it in my backpack, most of the day I was using my Omnivap (love this little vape) so the ff2 wasn't used until we arrived home. It was really sad when I tried to hit it and after only 2 hits I discovered that in only 24 hours the battery was almost totally drained without me using it.

Right now battery is my biggest issue with this vaporizer. Battery life it's not as good as I would like, usually 1 bowl and a half if I get the ABV as dark as I like, sometimes 2 bowls if I'm lucky.

The battery meter is just a joke, never ever works so I never know when is gonna die. I have had the unit die in my hands without battery and then press the button to see how much battery remains and had the full battery blinking. After that I tried using it again and got the usual red no battery. It just don't work.

And even worse that all that, the battery drains without use in only 24 hours. That's something that never happened to me with any of my other vaporizers and I don't think it should happen.

That is really a bummer and unusual in my experience. One time I went 7 days with daily use on med-high and gave up on trying to see the end of a battery. I left the battery in the whole time. I did run into an issue on the second day of that experiment when I thought the battery was dead after not using it for 24 hours. Taking the battery out and putting it back in had it kicking for at least another 5 days.

greenextinguisher,
Reactions: b0

Atanyrhate

I was able to find the image I was looking for. It was from page 80 posted by snamuh, and the file was no longer available, but I was able to find where Google had indexed the image and I was able to grab it. I'm not sure why it was taken down so I'm not sure if I should post it here. But I did find what I was looking for :tup:

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
So my LHS called me today, they are receiving their shipment next week of FF2, and he wanted to know what color I want. Didn't have blue. I said black. He promised me I would be the first person he called when they got their shipment, and that is exactly what he did. So I couldn't just tell him I didn't want it due to recent events......

Damn. I had just sent an email to purchase a Supreme3, received a StickyBrick today, Milaana shipped today, and ordered a Mobious Ion Matrix yesterday. WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?????

peterloveslubey

I was able to find the image I was looking for. It was from page 80 posted by snamuh, and the file was no longer available, but I was able to find where Google had indexed the image and I was able to grab it. I'm not sure why it was taken down so I'm not sure if I should post it here. But I did find what I was looking for :tup:

I'd love it if you'd post it, I'm curious as well!

peterloveslubey,

jezmund

I'd love it if you'd post it, I'm curious as well!

https://www.google.com/search?q=firefly+2+with+cover+off&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1440&bih=785&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwikqeLy-uTNAhUE8mMKHY1VCBgQ_AUIBygC#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=firefly+2+with+cover+off+inside+of+vape+electronics&imgrc=1f9xi34Opml9EM:
images

Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty6&2

Just wanted to mention that my order shipped this afternoon. Ordered a white unit at the end of June. Looking forward to trying it out as my Crafty has died.

Forty6&2,
Reactions: mgmarque

rrnarewatt1

Just wanted to mention that my order shipped this afternoon. Ordered a white unit at the end of June. Looking forward to trying it out as my Crafty has died.
Did you receive an email confirmation? I also ordered at the end of June. Haven't heard anything back.

rrnarewatt1,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom