The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplenurple24

So, I've heard people complaining about particulates in their vapor path making it hard for the lid to seal. It was mostly on rvaporents, but I'm wondering if any of you are experiencing this?

The reason I ask is, I'm curious if it'd be possible to put a screen on top of the bowl? I like to do this with my Crafty and it seems to do a better job of keeping shit out of my CU. I like it a lot better than using the concentrate pad.

purplenurple24,

jay87

Yes, that's correct. The heat cycle restarts each time you release and re-press. Same as with the FF1. You can definitely generate more heat this way.

Wow, knowing that the auto shutoff really isn't an issue for me at all since you can avoid it that easily.

Great to know, thanks! :brow:

jay87,
Reactions: Ratklaw

Reggie Watts

Hi Gandalf,

You and Reggie Watts both mention this "creaking" sound when you initiate a heat cycle. This mysterious creaking sound is actually not creaking from the body, but it is the audible sound made when thirty watts of power is instantaneously applied to the heating mechanism. Mine "creaks" too, more so when I use it on the Concentrate heat profile. Seriously.

:myday:

It's not when I activate heat, it's when I touch the plastic on both sides to pick it up. It feels a little cheaper than the FF1 looks. The FF1 looks badass with that metallic finish and the curved shell.

I am quoting myself. Cause my ff2 doesn't seem to work. It turns on but does not get very hot. Even with very little material I can't get rid of the greenies. I try 10 very long draws 25 seconds and still it does not seem spent. I think it is not functioning right. Also after leaving it alone for a few minutes light is solid green immediately and the orange ring gloweth not. Air then warm is also not. Baaaa

I'm also struggling to fully brown my herbs. Even after 10 long draws on medium high to high, it's light brown with bits of green. I stirred every 3 draws. Is that not right? It's weird that I can't even tell if it's working correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sh4dy15

Magnet has never been an issue with my FF1, and I don't expect it to be with FF2.

Thanks man! Figured it wouldn't be but just wanted to get some feedback.

This forums been great for info before even getting this thing. Just 2 more days...I hope! Fedex says Wednesday delivery.

Sh4dy15,
I'm also struggling to fully brown my herbs. Even after 10 long draws on medium high to high, it's light brown with bits of green. I stirred every 3 draws. Is that not right? It's weird that I can't even tell if it's working correctly.

I would try this. Make two piles of herb. One for the mighty and one for the FF2. Vape the FF2
the way you did it and wait a bit then vape the Mighty. That should tell you (and me when I have
a chance) if this is working correctly.

I also cannot tell if it is working correctly.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: Reggie Watts

Reggie Watts

I would try this. Make two piles of herb. One for the mighty and one for the FF2. Vape the FF2
the way you did it and wait a bit then vape the Mighty. That should tell you (and me when I have
a chance) if this is working correctly.

I also cannot tell if it is working correctly.

Did you mean to re-vape the FF-vaped material in the Mighty? I kind of did that, but I just took the green bits from the FF and threw them in my Mighty filling tool.

If you just mean vaping both with different material (but same strain), I have done that. The Mighty makes big clouds and makes perfectly even brown ABV.

@Reggie Watts
The second option was what I thought would be a good test. Equal piles of the same stuff. Does the ff get u as adjusted as the mighty. Suspecting no I would start with the ff. Wait in-between perhaps to fully feel effect.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

studmuffin

Hi Stoney Baloney,

Here is a concentrate pad wrap-up, thus far. As for capacity/battery charge, I did 1 flower bowl, and I busted 2 pads of Blackberry Kush, and tried to bust a 3rd pad, but red-lighted immediately.

Also, when I busted the 2nd pad, at the end I was only using a 5 second heat cycle and LSD for 30 seconds. What's the weather forecast ? Stoney, with 100% chance of clouds. WooHoo ! !

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

Are you not getting anymore vapor after ten draws?

I find I get more complete extraction if I fully load the bowl. If you are using smaller loads you may not get as dark.

Try dropping the concentrate pad on top of a smaller load. Keep it on high. Works pretty well for me.

Did you mean to re-vape the FF-vaped material in the Mighty? I kind of did that, but I just took the green bits from the FF and threw them in my Mighty filling tool.

If you just mean vaping both with different material (but same strain), I have done that. The Mighty makes big clouds and makes perfectly even brown ABV.

Are you not getting anymore vapor after ten draws?

I find I get more complete extraction if I fully load the bowl. If you are using smaller loads you may not get as dark.

Try dropping the concentrate pad on top of a smaller load. Keep it on high. Works pretty well for me.

It seems that our problem is that it is still green even after applying what seems like an unreasonable number of draws for much longer than we have been led to believe is necessary

YungLeaner

This post was edited because I wrote negative comments in the thread of a vape I don't own, and I feel bad about it. Hope everyone is enjoying their fireflies. Still would love to hear about potential WPA options. @Ratchett this could be a big one for you market wise because it doesn't seem like a very easy solution is at hand.

Last edited:
YungLeaner,

Morimoto

Greetings, Firefly2 Nation,

Concentrate pad report #1: I have been having wonderful results with my gold Firefly (it's so-o-o purdy !) using primo flower bud. Today I had my first "pad" of concentrate: Blackberry Kush, a naughty little Indica @ 64.7%. I selected the concentrate heat profile, inserted the mesh pad into the bowl, and mushed a blob of wax about the size of a currant onto the pad to maximize the interface (that word again). Forthwith, the chronicle of hits, by number:

#1: I initiated the heat cycle, and since this heat setting puts the maximum draw on the battery, it took 6 blinks before I got a solid green light. I begin my LSD (long slow draw) , continuing until the heat cycle times out. Wispy vapor, great flavor !

#2: The heat cycle is ready instantly, and I begin my LSD. After the cycle times out, I continue to draw unheated air for another 10-15 seconds. Whoosh !, bigger cloud, but not huge.

#3: I employ the heat cycle while doing a LSD for 10 seconds, and continue to draw for another 15 seconds or so. Whoa ! As I exhale again out through my nose, the berry flavor hits me almost as hard as the tetrahydrocannabinol. I am on the road to PFT, fer sure.

#4: 10 second heat/LSD cycle, about 10 seconds of continued draw with heat off:

"Shit the bed, Ted."

#5: Repeat of #4, more puffy clouds, and I am pretty sure that I am not now capable of operating
anything more complicated than a bottle of beer.

So, I am very impressed. I have a nice dab rig, but even with low-temp dabbing , the flavor and
overall experience is much superior with the Firefly. I could still taste blackberry flavor 15 minutes after I finished my session. Mmmm, blackberry ! I was initially curious about the battery draw rate using the concentrate setting. I started with a fully charged battery, and post-concentrate mindmelt,
the battery indicator on my gold unit still showed 4 blue flashes. And the battery indicator on the app said "full", although the monitoring of the battery strength seems to be somewhat unreliable at this point in time. I am sure that I can maximize the "toke" (love that word, also) count since after Hit #2, I spend more time on LSD sans power than with it. The stainless pad, though dinky, does retain heat really well, especially since you never have to remove the lid during a session, thereby letting accumulated heat escape. Finally, as I discovered with my original silver Firefly, you need to remove the pad while it is still warm, otherwise it will be quite glued in place.

In future reports, I will chart battery usage/duration while using concentrates.

@studmuffin Thanks for the concentrate review! I hope I come across some blackberry sometime, sounds wonderful. All the things you mention are reasons I bought the FF2, I want the full experience of all the flavor, if all I wanted to get was massive clouds I can either hit the Lotus, or hit my e-juice rig. When I use marijuana I want to connoisseur it.

Tracking shows my Blue baby FF2 is on the truck for delivery today, I'll take video/pics.

Last edited:
Morimoto,

vape4fun

Hey Reggie is your FF2 getting hot by the bowl end? Do you have a cooking thermometer by chance? If so vape a couple times and when bowl gets to temp check it to see if it reads 400? My first Prima did same thing out the gate and the heater was broken. However the fact that you get slme browning is a bit odd but it could be stuck on low perhaps.....

vape4fun,

Morimoto

FedEx Ground guy just passed it to me in the driveway now, I said "Thanks!" and that was it, no fees, and on the FedEx waybill the declared value is 192.50 "aromatherapy vaporizer" Very happy about the shipping experience. (if a bill came from FedEx in the mail it would be minimal, the declared value is perfectly placed at 192.50 to avoid the worst of any potential damage. I'm ok with legitimate tax and clearance fees tho :)

I will document the process and post up some content soon!

Sh4dy15

Hey Reggie is your FF2 getting hot by the bowl end? Do you have a cooking thermometer by chance? If so vape a couple times and when bowl gets to temp check it to see if it reads 400? My first Prima did same thing out the gate and the heater was broken. However the fact that you get slme browning is a bit odd but it could be stuck on low perhaps.....

I know @MonsterWithoutBorders was saying that he is not connected to app as he doesnt have a device to run it. I am wondering if that has anything at all to do with it. @Reggie Watts are you connected to app? Wonder if thats why it is stuck at a lower temp profile. Not sure though.

Sh4dy15,

studmuffin

Greetings Firefly2 Nation,

Concentrate pad report #3: After having "busted 5 pads", I have learned a few things which I would like to pass along.

I found that with a fully charged battery, I can bust 2 pads, with some power left over.

It only takes a tiny amount of the concentrates I have to reach PFT. A blob the size of a large peppercorn is just right.

Once the unit is up to temperature, LSD's can be done with the power off about 75% of the draw.

When the session is finished, there will be a glazed coating inside your Firefly2. No big deal, gently clean it with ISO.

Remember: only remove the pad when it is hot/warm, otherwise it is really glued into the bowl.

When transitioning back to flower after concentrate use, the bowl must be thoroughly cleaned, otherwise you wind up with quite a sticky mess.

Speaking of flower vaping, if you clean your Firefly while it is still warm, it can be done with a cotton-tipped swab and a square of toilet paper, no ISO needed.

Well, I guess that just about wraps it up. In conclusion, vaping concentrates with my gold Firefly2 (it's so-o-o purdy !) is a really satisfying experience, both for ease and simplicity, flavor and effect, and ease of cleaning. You're gonna love it ! Schwennnnnnngggggggggg !

Mr. Me2

Greetings Firefly2 Nation,

Concentrate pad report #3: After having "busted 5 pads", I have learned a few things which I would like to pass along.

I found that with a fully charged battery, I can bust 2 pads, with some power left over.

It only takes a tiny amount of the concentrates I have to reach PFT. A blob the size of a large peppercorn is just right.

Once the unit is up to temperature, LSD's can be done with the power off about 75% of the draw.

When the session is finished, there will be a glazed coating inside your Firefly2. No big deal, gently clean it with ISO.

Remember: only remove the pad when it is hot/warm, otherwise it is really glued into the bowl.

When transitioning back to flower after concentrate use, the bowl must be thoroughly cleaned, otherwise you wind up with quite a sticky mess.

Speaking of flower vaping, if you clean your Firefly while it is still warm, it can be done with a cotton-tipped swab and a square of toilet paper, no ISO needed.

Well, I guess that just about wraps it up. In conclusion, vaping concentrates with my gold Firefly2 (it's so-o-o purdy !) is a really satisfying experience, both for ease and simplicity, flavor and effect, and ease of cleaning. You're gonna love it ! Schwennnnnnngggggggggg !

Thx @studmuffin! Question for you... Do you use any tool to remove the pad from the oven? Do you recommend it (like using the Crafty orange poker)? Thx again for all of your diligent work and reporting. :clap::clap::clap:

Mr. Me2,

jim-bob

@studmuffin - this might sound stupid, but I have a long history of getting PFT and, well, "deferring" maintenance until it passes. Have you had any luck reheating the pad to get it back out if you forget to pull it immediately?

jim-bob,

studmuffin

Hi Mr Me2 & jim-bob,

Concentrates are another name for "glue". Not really, but once concentrates are melted and cooled, they redefine the word "sticky". No problemmo, as long as the pad is removed while it is warm. The provided pick in the cleaning kit accomplishes this easily. If you forget to remove the pad while in a blissful state of PFT, simply re-heat the pad until the "glue" melts, and pry it out with the little plastic pick. This is not the preferred method, as having to re-heat to remove the pad is a waste of electricity.

One final note: while using the concentrate heat profile, I found that I could diminish the initial warm-up time before the first LSD by pre-heating my gold Firefly in the front pants pocket of my jeans. It's all about getting the "most bang for your buck" as far as battery power goes. Vape on ! WooHoo ! !

And one more final note: When you transition back to flower from concentrates, DO NOT forget to modify the heating profile setting, lest you start a grass fire right in front of your nose. Not good.

Last edited:

Morimoto

round 1 of testing done! initial impressions:

I love this little device already, I bought this for exactly what it does ,it sips, and was not expecting massive clouds, rather I expect a device that can help me keep my stash/weed longer. I got what I expected; cool, smooth, low key vapor, efficiency over time i.e. lots of draws per packing, and most of all, it will lower my tolerance over time and stretch my weed out. I also bought this device because I am a college student that needs vapor on the go, I do not need to see clouds, I see the AVB, I know when it's toasted, If I wanna see vapor I will use my Lotus vapor bong at home lol!

The Blue is sexy as fuck

I understand why some folks were upset with their purchase, they wanted a Ripper not a sipper! the Lotus/Grasshopper/cloudEVO type device would have been much better for those folks expecting big rips, I know because I have been vaping a Lotus WPA for over 16 months as a daily driver and I go through tonnes of weed when I'm 24/7 vapor bong with the lotus and it kicks ass!!! Now I can Hit that and sip on my Firefly2 and go through much less weed overall.

AVB shots, small pile is on High with the pad placed on top. The bigger pile is the first 4 bowls I did on each temp, starting on low, each temp toasted the herb perfectly and in my opinion each are perfect for specific users, I would give granny Low and let her go bananas with some 25-30% THC content strains, THIS is where the FF2 excels in my opinion, the medical application to old farts and people like ME who don't want a ripper, don't want an oven Pax2, we just want to touch button, inhale, get medicated. My arthritis is too bad at 4am to fuck around with lighters and cords and blahblahblah, this device allows me to medicate in ANY physical state. again, granny does NOT need her face blown off by a vapor bong, this gives her nice medication and flavor

So far, I'm Happy. 9/10 medication level from what you see below and it's a different high, very very very clean, much cleaner than the Lotus vapor bong, but that's like getting hit by a MAC truck, this is more like, falling off a building and landing on a extremely soft bed of pillows and relaxing with a woman.

ORaNLgA.jpg

qUSj5Gf.jpg

Last edited:

Kasish

round 1 of testing done! initial impressions:

I love this little device already, I bought this for exactly what it does ,it sips, and was not expecting massive clouds, rather I expect a device that can help me keep my stash/weed longer. I got what I expected; cool, smooth, low key vapor, efficiency over time i.e. lots of draws per packing, and most of all, it will lower my tolerance over time and stretch my weed out. I also bought this device because I am a college student that needs vapor on the go, I do not need to see clouds, I see the AVB, I know when it's toasted, If I wanna see vapor I will use my Lotus vapor bong at home lol!

The Blue is sexy as fuck

I understand why some folks were upset with their purchase, they wanted a Ripper not a sipper! the Lotus/Grasshopper/cloudEVO type device would have been much better for those folks expecting big rips, I know because I have been vaping a Lotus WPA for over 16 months as a daily driver and I go through tonnes of weed when I'm 24/7 vapor bong with the lotus and it kicks ass!!! Now I can Hit that and sip on my Firefly2 and go through much less weed overall.

AVB shots, small piles are on High with the pad placed on top. The bigger pile is the first 4 bowls I did on each temp, starting on low, each temp toasted the herb perfectly and in my opinion each are perfect for specific users, I would give granny Low and let her go bananas with some 25-30% THC content strains, THIS is where the FF2 excels in my opinion, the medical application to old farts and people like ME who don't want a ripper, don't want an oven Pax2, we just want to touch button, inhale, get medicated. My arthritis is too bad at 4am to fuck around with lighters and cords and blahblahblah, this device allows me to medicate in ANY physical state. again, granny does NOT need her face blown off by a vapor bong, this gives her nice medication and flavor

So far, I'm Happy. 9/10 medication level from what you see below and it's a different high, very very very clean, much cleaner than the Lotus vapor bong, but that's like getting hit by a MAC truck, this is more like, falling off a building and landing on a extremely soft bed of pillows and relaxing with a woman.

ORaNLgA.jpg

qUSj5Gf.jpg
If u put the pad on the herb ur pretty much making this awesome convection vape into an average conduction vape by the looks of the avb...

Kasish,

purplenurple24

You, Sir, are doing God's work.

Thanks for the thorough review.

purplenurple24,

Morimoto

If u put the pad on the herb ur pretty much making this awesome convection vape into an average conduction vape by the looks of the avb...

The lighter material is actually touching the pad, the darker is from the bottom of the bowl, in this image the extraction came from the bottom upward and you can see a bit of color on the pad collecting the goo of the gods. I'm not getting any particulate movement in the airway and no cleaning yet, this is Stock with no cleaning done.

93D328Q.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom