The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
While becoming familiar with the FF2, I dislike the recommended volume of flower required to load the unit. It seems the FF2 is double the chamber volume of the Solo. My FF2 battery was drained after LESS THAN 2 bowls. The first bowl was superb I yearned for more. The second load didn't completely vaporize as great as the first one. I got only 2 to 3 dense vapes. Although, I may have been too excited to inhale and drew too quickly to allow the chamber to heat.
Battery life is...sporadic. And a little baffling at times. I just roll with it. :lol: As for draw, yeah, draw slow, and long. Make sure your hits are at least ten seconds long, or longer.
Lastly, it irks me that I cannot get a satisfactory hit unless I am using the FF app..
Not really following you here. Once you set your desired temp, you should be able to vape happily away without going back to the app. Or am I missing something? (Do you just mean using the app at all, even once to set the temp?)

Randy Lahey

I know this isnt a session vape but yeah batt life is sporadic. Was sharing a nice bowl of concentrates with a buddy yesterday. It didnt take long to overheat the unit and drain the battery at all. Oh well, we were still feelin good!

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
I know this isnt a session vape but yeah batt life is sporadic. Was sharing a nice bowl of concentrates with a buddy yesterday. It didnt take long to overheat the unit and drain the battery at all. Oh well, we were still feelin good!

To help prevent over heating on the concentrate setting, taking a hit without having the heater activated has helped me, and waiting about 45-60 seconds between draws minimum helped as well. I will generally take the full 30 second draw with the firefly 2, and if I go directly for back to back to back hits, it will always over heat on the next draw.

FancyMan5000

Not really following you here. Once you set your desired temp, you should be able to vape happily away without going back to the app. Or am I missing something? (Do you just mean using the app at all, even once to set the temp?)

I was referring to default stettings. Medium high/power tuning 100%. Couldn't get vapes from them. I'm into day 3 and this is not a problem anymore.

I wanted to share this righteous piece with my homies. Now I understand why some YouTube guys said, "This isn't a session vaporizer." It was irritating coaching others how to use FF2. And, one bowl is only good for 2 people at most.

FF2 $330. Chong's Choice Herbalizer $399. :shrug:

You can probably score one on eBay for $250.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frosty Trees

I have my brand shining new external charger charging one of my batteries over there as I'm at the computer vaping away.. :razz: Finally, finally! Why oh why wasn't this included in the original package instead of the damn charging dock???

The charger looks really cool and sturdy, it has sort of rubbery underside so it stays nice and put.

paco FF2

has anyone have problems with charging the FF2 ? whenever i finish with session and try to put on charger the blue light blinks very fast and then stays on even if i take it of the charger #secondunitsameproblem

Is this the external charger that was released originally for the Firefly 1 or is this a new FF2 model??? :D
its the external for the FF2 that was released and already available @VaporShop @firefly all sold out

paco FF2,

Randy Lahey

has anyone have problems with charging the FF2 ? whenever i finish with session and try to put on charger the blue light blinks very fast and then stays on even if i take it of the charger #secondunitsameproblem
I have one battery that when charging never stops blinking...

Randy Lahey,
Reactions: paco FF2

paco FF2

I have one battery that when charging never stops blinking...
i have that problem on both batterys and my second unit ... im guessing the unit could be to hot to put on the charger and must be cooled of before putting to charge i have also the external charger no problems with that

i just send my unit back and may choose another one... its my second jet black unit of FF2 that was defect so no more FF2 up in this house.. im stuck on the pax 3 or the crafty any suggestion plz?? or any other vapor is welcome im a heavy user

paco FF2,

Baron23

i just send my unit back and may choose another one... its my second jet black unit of FF2 that was defect so no more FF2 up in this house.. im stuck on the pax 3 or the crafty any suggestion plz?? or any other vapor is welcome im a heavy user
For a heavy user, the Mighty vice the Crafty. Double the battery power and much better reported reliability plus it extracts like nobody's business.

If stealth isn't at the top of your list (and I don't view FF2 as particularly stealthy), then go with the Mighty IMO.

paco FF2

For a heavy user, the Mighty vice the Crafty. Double the battery power and much better reported reliability plus it extracts like nobody's business.

If stealth isn't at the top of your list (and I don't view FF2 as particularly stealthy), then go with the Mighty IMO.

thats a bit a problem over here in its not legal so stealth is at the top
so i would like to go for the crafty
now i was looking at the reviews of crafty and mighty whats up with that auto off after 1 min isnt that a problem? and also what a bit on the downside is the time of the warmup
thats why the pax 3 was looking great but than again its a conduction
having a problem to choose...

paco FF2,

Baron23

thats a bit a problem over here in its not legal so stealth is at the top
so i would like to go for the crafty
now i was looking at the reviews of crafty and mighty whats up with that auto off after 1 min isnt that a problem? and also what a bit on the downside is the time of the warmup
thats why the pax 3 was looking great but than again its a conduction
having a problem to choose...
We are on the FF2 thread and should not hijack it, yeah?

But real fast, lastest Mighty ( I got a new on on Black Friday) they have extended the auto-shut off to 2 minutes and it has a draw sensor (that seems to work better than they did) to sense if you are using. The two minutes are "after the last press of a but-ton or the last application."

Check out the Crafty thread for more discussion on this.

Back to the FF2.

paco FF2

thanks for the reply sorry didnt know how it works here but im updated
FF2 sucks no need to talk about that...overpriced crap!! can't wait for the ivape to come out
will check it out for the crafty
stay lifted!!

paco FF2,

paco FF2

no offence frosty but i had 2 units that i send back for the same reason and the last one even baked all my chamber 3 times it was realy burned and the devise was smelling
and temp. was default and power tuning 104... dont get me wrong i loved that devise but when u pay for top notch u expect it to work top!

Spartan300

Hello again. Been absolutely loving my new FF2 these past two weeks. Both herb and concentrate. Unimaginably good.

That said, I now seem to have a problem. After a few days of using only hash and an amber my unit now produces the same heat -- flavor -- but absolutely ZERO PLUMES. Nada. Nothing. Thought I had conquered this baby...

Sometimes the air restriction is tight but still got major clouds that way last week -- now no clouds. The pathway is clear -- mouthpiece clear of debris. Sometimes there is just total resistance -- I really have to play around with the lid to get it to ease up on the suction.

Could the hash oil have clogged the holes in the heating unit? It's been cleaned...

Many thanks for all wisdom, experience, advice.
S300

Last edited:

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
Mine will occasionally have funky draws, requiring small adjustments to the lid. It has been a quick easy fix thus far, hopefully it doesn't progress to being a nuisance!
I had one combustion with herb after using concentrate setting for about a week. I did not have it on the concentrate setting. It hasn't done it since then. I really love this vape! I got it because I play a lot of video games, it is great for taking a quick hit here and there and not wasting all the herb.

Randy Lahey

I find that if I dont get a very good tight seal, I dont get plumes. But when I get that perfect draw - it has lots of resistance. I get the lid on then I push it tightly upwards. Once its up as far as it should be, I start nudging it side to side while i take small draws. You can feel it tightening up. Once its tight, its alright!!
This thing has a learning curve and it really does take a while.

Spartan300

The frustrating thing is that I'd conquered the learning curve. I was getting massive clouds - not terrible resistance -- nice vapor. Now there are absolutely no clouds. Zero. And the resistance (depending on where the lid is situated) is either too loose or completely obstructed. When the lid is finally finessed so that there is an air flow, there are no clouds at all. Another thing with this unit is that when you tap the side buttons to see the battery life, etc. nothing happens -- no blinking lights. Nothing. They light up when you are heating the chamber and it goes red when too hot and blinks appropriately while charging. That's about it. It looks like it's working - heats like it's working -- but it's not working.

Spartan300,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The frustrating thing is that I'd conquered the learning curve. I was getting massive clouds - not terrible resistance -- nice vapor. Now there are absolutely no clouds. Zero. And the resistance (depending on where the lid is situated) is either too loose or completely obstructed. When the lid is finally finessed so that there is an air flow, there are no clouds at all. Another thing with this unit is that when you tap the side buttons to see the battery life, etc. nothing happens -- no blinking lights. Nothing. They light up when you are heating the chamber and it goes red when too hot and blinks appropriately while charging. That's about it. It looks like it's working - heats like it's working -- but it's not working.

If you're getting heat, then the issue is airflow, somehow. Either the lid isn't seated right (but it sounds like it is), the mouthpiece is clogged, or you somehow clogged up the restrictor plate holes. (But you put the hash on top of the concentrate pad, right? You wouldn't put it directly on the plate and allow it to potentially melt into the plate holes, right? Because if you did....that may be your issue right there. Never put anything other than flower directly on the plate.)

As for the battery indicator light, that's a little strange. Make sure you are tapping directly on the contacts, at least three times in quick succession.

sag

If you're getting heat, then the issue is airflow, somehow. Either the lid isn't seated right (but it sounds like it is), the mouthpiece is clogged, or you somehow clogged up the restrictor plate holes. (But you put the hash on top of the concentrate pad, right? You wouldn't put it directly on the plate and allow it to potentially melt into the plate holes, right? Because if you did....that may be your issue right there. Never put anything other than flower directly on the plate.)

As for the battery indicator light, that's a little strange. Make sure you are tapping directly on the contacts, at least three times in quick succession.

You're a saint. Keep up the good work.

sag,

Spartan300

Everything done by the book. Very possible about leakage but the pad was indeed used. I didn't clean the unit myself, but the restrictor plate holes look clear... any way to clean them better just in case?

Thanks again for input!

Spartan300,

paco FF2

Everything done by the book. Very possible about leakage but the pad was indeed used. I didn't clean the unit myself, but the restrictor plate holes look clear... any way to clean them better just in case?

Thanks again for input!
look in the dark on the side where there is a bit of space when u open the lid
if u see the green light its ok but if u see the oven light its a leakage,also check the sealing on the lid
had mine change in one month usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom