The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh4dy15

Bingo! THIS RIGHT HERE. I'm glad someone said it. I appreciate you making that clear. I'm honestly not sure I could have articulated that. I kept trying to think of ways to word it without insulting some folks.

Thanks man.

That's clearly whats happening here I believe. Another way you could achieve the same results would be to put an additional screen in the mouthpiece (if it fits). Not sure why you would want to do this but it would do the same thing I suspect. You are just forcing yourself to draw extremely slow and letting the vapor build up so the hits seem more dense.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
@Reggie Watts I truly believe that all you are doing is forcing your draw to be slower by closing the airway and thus creating more dense clouds. I think it is most likely working correctly without pinching but not living up to your expectations....just a guess here.

By pinching that lid down you are making that space above the little air hole smaller and increasing draw resistance.
Bingo! THIS RIGHT HERE. I'm glad someone said it. I appreciate you making that clear. I'm honestly not sure I could have articulated that. I kept trying to think of ways to word it without insulting some folks.
I tried the whole pinching thing. Seems very unnatural and I agree it restricts the draw...in my particular case anyway. Nothing I'd do.

I agree. One man's "better" is another man's (or men's :lol:) "not the way it was designed to work". Of course it's always possible that your lid is defective, but since FF didn't think so I would defer to them on this issue. It's unfortunate that you aren't happy with the performance....again I hope to get more insight into this issue later this week directly from FF.

Another thing I'm starting to notice; I think I'm more likely to combust when I put pressure on the lid. Maybe @Reggie Watts can say whether or not this is the case for him.

This is totally intuitive. Make the airpath more restricted=more draw restriction=slower movement of hot air over the same mass of material=much higher propensity to combust. To belabor the obvious, this is what I mean by not the way it was intended to work.

Even on the concentrate setting, I have never come close to combustion with flower. I bet I could come a lot closer by squeezing the lid and forcing the airflow to slow down way below the point at which it was designed to work properly.

Forum inception...had me think that..

I couldn't live without this community, but sometimes it's a fine line between "wisdom of crowds" and total noise and misleading confusion. :rofl:

Sh4dy15

@mitchgo61 Also, I would bet that FF2 gets extremely hot to the touch as well due to this reduced airflow. I notice if I pull slower it gets hotter.

Last edited:
Sh4dy15,

Reggie Watts

@Reggie Watts I truly believe that all you are doing is forcing your draw to be slower by closing the airway and thus creating more dense clouds. I think it is most likely working correctly without pinching but not living up to your expectations....just a guess here.

By pinching that lid down you are making that space above the little air hole smaller and increasing draw resistance.

That's a fair assessment. However, I normally draw slowly anyway, so the pinch doesn't affect speed of airflow much. Not only does it make more visible vapor, it also makes more flavor in my mouth.

Another thing I'm starting to notice; I think I'm more likely to combust when I put pressure on the lid. Maybe @Reggie Watts can say whether or not this is the case for him.

I have been getting (mostly) consistent results from my FF2 for a few days now (probably 5/6 bowls) I'm still not convinced that my lid is good, but I'm starting to think that it was user-error on my part. I think I'm still going to buy a new lid when they become available though.

I want to know 100% whether I'm an idiot or not...:tinfoil:

I don't think I've ever combusted herb with my FF2. What happens when you combust?

Reggie Watts,

purplenurple24

Hey, you don't need to wait for a new lid to confirm this. If you have a significant other, just ask them...
Thanks for reminding me that I'm a significant otherless loser :ugh:....

I don't think I've ever combusted herb with my FF2. What happens when you combust?

I guess it's not actually combusting, but it's definitely close. I end up with (near) black ABV in the center of the bowl and a taste very reminiscent of smoking. It's a taste that reminds me a lot of the MFLB that I never mastered.

purplenurple24,
Reactions: snamuh

Sh4dy15

I guess it's not actually combusting, but it's definitely close. I end up with (near) black ABV in the center of the bowl and a taste very reminiscent of smoking. It's a taste that reminds me a lot of the MFLB that I never mastered.

Yeah I have gotten to this point too....its CLOSE but not quite there and I noticed it happens if I am on high and keep trying to draw after its clearly spent.

Sh4dy15,

purplenurple24

Yeah I have gotten to this point too....its CLOSE but not quite there and I noticed it happens if I am on high and keep trying to draw after its clearly spent.
It seems to happen even quicker when I'm pressing on the lid. One time it was on Med/high and I could taste it after the second hit. I haven't had this issue when using it normally though. If you stir it regularly, I don't think anybody will have an issue.

purplenurple24,

raunchmonster

Now that some of you guys have had a fair amount of experience, what are your suggestions to myself and others who will be receiving their fireflys soon? Like what are the key things that we should make sure to do to ensure a pleasant and uplifting (if you know what I mean) experience?

raunchmonster,

purplenurple24

Now that some of you guys have had a fair amount of experience, what are your suggestions to myself and others who will be receiving their fireflys soon? Like what are the key things that we should make sure to do to ensure a pleasant and uplifting (if you know what I mean) experience?
Get all the lid/gasket shit out've your head. Play with it and focus on your draw speed/consistency the most. Grind isn't as important once you figure out your draw (although, you don't want a super-fine grind.)

Remember that you are not going to get huge clouds every time. This has probably been my biggest downfall. If the light's not right, you may not even see visible vapor. Focus more on the flower color. If you're getting flavor, you're getting vapor. Whether you see it or not. If you're herb is turning brown, it's working and you'll be floating shortly.

snamuh

ghost
watch vapecritics video on what to do after you buy a ff2.

After you get it down mix up some flower and kief!

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
@mitchgo61 Also, I would bet that FF2 gets extremely hot to the touch as well due to this reduced airflow. I notice if I pull slower it gets hotter.

Yup. All part of the same syndrome...slower draw, hotter temps.

In the FF1, combustion was a serious event. Flash of light, your mouth fills with white smoke, your wife notices smoke from two rooms away (mine does anyway!). Like taking a torch to a bowl.

What purple is talking about is really pyrolysis, better known as "charring". It's a pre-combustive condition that is caused by two-thirds of the holy trinity of combustion...heat, and fuel, but a scarcity of oxygen. Packing tight often causes pyrolysis because the dense pack creates a lack of oxygen and thus prevents full-blown fire, but still creates charring and burning.

carlosod

GET THE BEST BUDS POSSIBLE! :p

mine will be here tomorrow and it's been a long, brutal (firefly marketing images what the..)wait. vape critic just dropped a new ff2 usage video I'll give it a watch, always entertaining and informative with upkeep info. as far as my initial experience though, techniques etc. I'll figure that out on my own. these things are so personal anyway, seems like the wrong focal point, how do we control perception? I enjoy navigating the learning curve without preconceived leans soooo ya I'm just shopping for a power buffet of flowers to taste upon arrival. I'm confident this gg#4 will go a long way ensure my uplifting experience!

wtb some gentlemens jack!

carlosod,

Stoney Baloney

Cannabis Connoisseur
hey guys, is there any trick to first time charging this thing to ensure max health of battery? It already has some battery, can I use it or do I need to charge it first? thanks

Edit: Nevermind, Ill just treat it like any other Lithium-Ion battery.

Last edited:
Stoney Baloney,

jay87

April 23rd order date, Black FF2 shipped today at 3:30 p.m. EST, should be here tomorrow!! :rockon:

I'll put this thing through its paces on concentrate use and report back with my findings. :drool:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
No one who has actually used it would describe the draw as "very very restrictive", unless in your town the words "very" and "restrictive" mean different things than they do in my town. It's "moderately" restrictive. At worst. But maybe if you actually used it, you'd describe it differently.

You know it's not actually "made in China", right? The key components are made in the US (the restrictor plate and the heating coil). Additionally it's assembled in China under FF supervision. By Americans.

Word, darkrom. I've been stoned since the Ford administration. The FF2 gets me as high as my Mighty or Nano, without (or with if you like) lung-busting clouds.

Exactly. People keep fucking with the air flow, and pushing on the lid in weird abnormal ways during operation, and you wonder why it doesn't always work optimally? Jesus Tapdancing Christ. :bang:

Assembled / made = the same thing. The majority of the components are made in china.

Its all semantics .. i dont care either way i was just responding to the post slagging of china pens then saying they use a ff2.

VapourHaze,

raunchmonster

@raunchmonster Ordered directly from Firefly. I generally just feel better about ordering from the manufacturer than other places unless there's a crazy good deal.
I ordered from VapeWorld because I got $20 off since it was my first purchase from them. Also, they throw a free grinder in, so I figured it would be nice to give it to a grinderless friend as I already have one. But now I'm regretting not ordering directly from Firefly a little because of the extra wait.

raunchmonster,

jabba

April 23rd order date, Black FF2 shipped today at 3:30 p.m. EST, should be here tomorrow!! :rockon:

I'll put this thing through its paces on concentrate use and report back with my findings. :drool:

Diggity darn! My order was through Firefly on April 22nd.....no email for me today....I also ordered black.

jabba,

The Natty Leprechaun

Your order has been shipped!
Today at 10:30 AM

Great news!

Your recent VapeWorld order has been packed and is scheduled to be shipped.

Order #: SOXXXXXX
Shipping Method: FedEx Standard Overnight®
Tracking #: 66XXXXXXXXXXCCC
Shipping Cost: $0.00

Ship To
Carlos YAY
XXXX w XXXXX Ave
XXXXX CA 9
XXXX

Your package contains:

ITEM DESCRIPTION QTY
FF2-BLACK Firefly 2 - Black 1

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING (yay)
Thanks for the update for your order thru vape world I ordered mine thru vape world on april 17 so hopefully soon I will get my delivery conformation I can't wait to see how this King tut taste in the firefly2 and put my old school glass bowl (combustion)away hopefully for good

The Natty Leprechaun,

KoolTerrorBoss

So I just recieved an email from firefly with my shipment number and tracking number but when i try to track it it says not found. Does this mean that my firefly has shipped?

KoolTerrorBoss,

colomarijuana

So I just recieved an email from firefly with my shipment number and tracking number but when i try to track it it says not found. Does this mean that my firefly has shipped?

Usually means they just created the label and it will update when it is picked-up/dropped off at Fedex.

@darkrom Totally agree with you on high tolerance and how FF2 is definitely helping. I have not been using nearly as much materials for my insanely high tolerance lately.

Good herb/concentrates really help too :)

colomarijuana,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom