The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomarijuana

OMG! Undeniable, this thing is made for concentrates. Absolutely fantastic!! This is turning into an addiction!! Lol..
One of the best investments of my life is the FF2. It's a bloody shame that concentrates aren't more readily available. However, I have my appointment on Thursday....for my 'green' card. Pretty sure the dispensaries will have more/better options...

Dispensaries will have amazing concentrates! Rosin, shatter, wax are incredible in the FF2. Get ready to be suuuuuper medicated haha.

Maple Beaver

Vape convert and herb snob in the making
@valjean Awesome to hear! Still waiting for mine (ordered a month after you). PFT stands for Pretty F*ckin' Toasted, a state that the vast majority of FF2 owners have achieved :lol:

Can't wait to join you guys up there in the clouds...

valjean

@maplebeaver thanks for the welcome. And Ha! I guessed right! And it's true. That's how I got! :brow:

valjean,

shamanstar

That's the heat setting... If you tap the left button it blinks red to chow what heat setting are at.
If I tap the left button one time, nothing happens. I was able to make the red blinking happen by touching the left button 4 times but now it won't do it. It did it once when I tapped the left button 3 times and then the right button once. It seems very random.

shamanstar,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
If I tap the left button one time, nothing happens. I was able to make the red blinking happen by touching the left button 4 times but now it won't do it. It did it once when I tapped the left button 3 times and then the right button once. It seems very random.

Three times. Tap the left button three times and you get heat level in red. Tap the right button three times and you get the battery level in blue. One tap, or four, will not work.

Sh4dy15

How long are your batteries lasting you guys? Mine died after 3 loads at about 15 full draws per load.

With 2 batteries I'm not worried at all just curious.

Also, are you storing it on charger? Is this bad for battery life?

Sh4dy15,

Morimoto

I am getting about the same, 3x15 pulls appx give or take and storing on the charger until full then pulling it off the charger and setting aside. I'm pleased with the overall performance of the batteries, I have not even unboxed the 2nd battery yet.

Morimoto,
Reactions: Sh4dy15

snamuh

ghost
I've been keeping mine on the cradle at home. I am trying to keep one battery for home use/always on the cradle and another battery for on the go. I'll probably eventually get the external charger.

Does the external charger for the ff1 fast charge?

I dig how fast the cradle charges with 10w.

snamuh,
Reactions: Sh4dy15

Sh4dy15

I am getting about the same, 3x15 pulls appx give or take and storing on the charger until full then pulling it off the charger and setting aside. I'm pleased with the overall performance of the batteries, I have not even unboxed the 2nd battery yet.
OK cool! I mean that's totally fine with me...I feel like with the Solo a load used to take about 10- 15 mins or so and it would be pretty brown. With this the sessions have been around half hour or more.

Best part about this is I can put it down for longer between draws and know it's not cooking away.

Sh4dy15,

mitchgo61

How long are your batteries lasting you guys? Mine died after 3 loads at about 15 full draws per load.

With 2 batteries I'm not worried at all just curious.

Question....is this "45 hits within a couple hours"....or "45 hits spread out over a day with the battery left in an idle FF for several hours"? Curious because I can get nearly double that in one long session but I'm noticing some batt drainage when left in the FF idle for more than say four hours.

Does the external charger for the ff1 fast charge?.

For me it's about 2x the cradle speed....45 minutes vs 90.

mitchgo61,

Sh4dy15

Question....is this "45 hits within a couple hours"....or "45 hits spread out over a day with the battery left in an idle FF for several hours"? Curious because I can get nearly double that in one long session but I'm noticing some batt drainage when left in the FF idle for more than say four hours.

This was actually over the course of 2 days so it is sitting idle for a while.

Vakas

What are some of the best practices for battery with the new ff? Do we leave it on? Does it keep searching for a phone and waste some of it? How do you FULLY turn it off? Should I leave the battery out if im not gonna use it till the next day?

Vakas,

mitchgo61

This was actually over the course of 2 days so it is sitting idle for a while.

Yup. Thought so. If you ever get the chance to drain a batt in one long session (not that I'm recommending it! :lol:) let us know how many hits you think you got. I'm betting it's more than 45.

mitchgo61,

jay87

Should I leave the battery out if im not gonna use it till the next day?

That's a good question. I'm not sure but I'd assume the way to drain as little as possible would be to remove the battery, but i don't know how big of a difference that would make.

I wonder if Firefly will ever sell batteries with a larger capacity, 770 mAH seems a little low to me. Even a small boost to ~1000 mAH would be perfect I think.

jay87,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Maybe if I searched through this thread I'd find the answer...but I'm thinking maybe easier just to ask.
The FF website advertises an external charger but says (firefly 1). Does it work for FF2? Everything I've read indicates the batteries are interchangeable...but why would it specify it's for FF1?

Vapenado,

PeteSeattle

Maybe if I searched through this thread I'd find the answer...but I'm thinking maybe easier just to ask.
The FF website advertises an external charger but says (firefly 1). Does it work for FF2? Everything I've read indicates the batteries are interchangeable...but why would it specify it's for FF1?

Yes it will work.

Just don't forget to buy the charging cord or else you'll just get the charger ... Just like me. Now I have to order one.

Would any pin charging cord work with the battery charger (ff1) or should it be oem?

PeteSeattle,
Reactions: Vapenado

Morimoto

For me it's about 2x the cradle speed....45 minutes vs 90.

@mitchgo61 Good question! I approximated because when I'm using the FF2 for 1 hit, or 2 hits or the full bowl I place it directly on the charger after I'm stoned and ready to put it down. I leave it there until I get a solid blue, and then I remove it and place it next to the charger. If I'm done for a few hours, I will remove the battery completely and leave the unit like that until I use it again later that day or the next day.

I have the 2nd battery still in the box and I will treat it totally opposite from how I have done this one, just to compare/contrast.

So far I cooked the battery 1 time from full to empty, but it was the 2nd time on day 1 of using the FF2 so I chalk that up to user error! I was high as fuck and kept overheating the unit on concentrate setting. I think I had like.....40-50-ish puffs that time. It was funny, I was way to high and having way too much fun :)

Someone needs to make a star trek phaser OG kirk mod that contains a massive 3500 mah battery!!

herophaser.jpg

@Vakas Even if the FF2 looks for a phone when it's "awake" it will be easy on the battery :) The FF2 uses on-board Bluetooth LE or "Low energy" hardware, it was designed for the medical field specifically to conserve power and use less data packets and power than normal bluetooth, while maintaining connectivity. It also operates on different channels than standard bluetooth (2mhz instead of 1mhz). The Technical Details section of the wiki are very interesting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_low_energy I bought a Nexus 6p just because I wanted a phone that had dedicated bluetooth LE hardware so I can just use LE protocols, so my phone just runs LE and the FF2 just runs LE, I have had absolutely zero issues with the FF2 and bluetooth.

Last edited:
Morimoto,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Yes it will work.

Just don't forget to buy the charging cord or else you'll just get the charger ... Just like me. Now I have to order one.

Would any pin charging cord work with the battery charger (ff1) or should it be oem?
Thanks Pete!
Would the cable for the cradle charger work? If so, then any android charging cable should be good..

Vapenado,

PeteSeattle

Thanks Pete!
Would the cable for the cradle charger work? If so, then any android charging cable should be good..
No prob. The original cable had a pin connection and not the mini USB that goes with the FF2. Hope that helps.

PeteSeattle,

mitchgo61

Thanks Pete!

You need the original AC adaptor that comes with the FF1 in order to use the external charger.

That's why it's advertised as the "FF1 external charger". Because it's useless without the FF1 adaptor. (And yes, as has been mentioned many times the external charger works fine for FF2 batteries and shaves half the time off charging in the cradle.)

I charge my FF2 batts exclusively in the external charger. I don't even bother with the cradle anymore.

Is there any word on if there will be a ff2 water pipe attachment sometime? If not could someone post some instructions on how to DIY @Morimoto (love those vaporbong vids) :p

lazypotato,
Reactions: valjean

Morimoto

any food safe silicone hose will work, this is medical hose from a local med supply shop & a 14mm to 14mm male to male adapter from a local bong shop.

I am going to jerry-rig some apple water pipe attachments old school Tommy chong style if I can get a chance to go to the market tomorrow! I want to vape through an apple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom