The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Signed up just to say that I got my shipping info and CAN NOT WAIT for the vape to get here in the morning. My preorder was on the 29th at like 7PM EST for the Black model and I got my shipping e-mail today at Noon EST.

Now I just have to reconfigure my PAX2 as a time travel device to skip me a day ahead. I think it's possible.

Maybe I should note I've been lurking on this thread for information on the vape for awhile (because as a young old man I'm not super sped up on Instagram and Twitter and such). Thanks for all the updates and for the moral support while I waited. lol

And yet, ironically, despite this being your first post, you could easily end up being the first person here with a real live production FF2 in your hands. See, we are all equal in the eyes of the vape gods. And FedEx. (And there's no way my FedEx guy will be here before noon EST. So some of us are more equal than others. :p)

Hope to hear some good news and a full report from you! Welcome to FC and congrats in advance on the FF2. :)

mitchgo61,
Reactions: Derrrpp
And yet, ironically, despite this being your first post, you could easily end up being the first person here with a real live production FF2 in your hands. See, we are all equal in the eyes of the vape gods. And FedEx. (And there's no way my FedEx guy will be here before noon EST. So some of us are more equal than others. :p)

Hope to hear some good news and a full report from you! Welcome to FC and congrats in advance on the FF2. :)
Well I'll be at work until around this time tomorrow afternoon anyways so it won't get any use till the late afternoon. I'm sure a lot of people will have them broken in by then. But we'll see. Super excited to get it in my hands. I love the original Firefly and the idea of a longer battery (and I love the new look) makes me happy.

I also got an update from FedEx that my package was "Picked up" earlier today so I know it's out and not just a printed label.

Last edited:

Erixk557

Got shipping confirmation just now but my order still says blue will be here Saturday so we'll see.

Erixk557,

Morimoto

Received the e-mail about the blue being delayed just now BUT I have new info!!! My e-mail was identical to everyone else except they said "about 5 days at this point" SOOOO they dropped the 5 - 10 day estimate which is awesome!

It's going to be hard to not e-mail back and be like "send me the black..." but I suspect that the blue's will be at the warehouse next week and seeing as they would ship a black on monday... I might as well wait and get the sexy blue that I wanted (black with glowing orange does not appeal to me, blue + orange is super cool tho!). I'm more concerned with Canada Customs opening the package and fucking with my FireFly, they dented my Lotus cap last year so I do not trust them with vaporizers.

I'm So happy with the folks at FireFly^^ Excellent communication and they really do care about customer service which is hella rare these days eh?!

Received the e-mail about the blue being delayed just now BUT I have new info!!! My e-mail was identical to everyone else except they said "about 5 days at this point" SOOOO they dropped the 5 - 10 day estimate which is awesome!

It's going to be hard to not e-mail back and be like "send me the black..." but I suspect that the blue's will be at the warehouse next week and seeing as they would ship a black on monday... I might as well wait and get the sexy blue that I wanted (black with glowing orange does not appeal to me, blue + orange is super cool tho!). I'm more concerned with Canada Customs opening the package and fucking with my FireFly, they dented my Lotus cap last year so I do not trust them with vaporizers.

I'm So happy with the folks at FireFly^^ Excellent communication and they really do care about customer service which is hella rare these days eh?!
Honestly I like the black and orange but I love your dedication to Gator colors. :D I don't think 5 days is that long of a wait anyways to get the one you really want.

I'm also red/blue colorblind so that might make it look different to me.

stonesolid42,

vape4fun

Anyone with free shipping receive a shipping email yet? I assume today will be the day for the rest of us....

vape4fun,
Got my Firefly 2 about an hour ago. I just put it on the charger now I haven't used it yet but I am looking forward to it. Took the day off just to keep you all updated. Here are some pictures of my unboxing. Kind of disappointed it didn't come with a way to plug it in to a wall for charging but I guess I have enough phone chargers to go around. Also not sure how to know when it's fully charged as it didn't come with any sort of manual. Okay, found it with a quick search. Waiting for the solid blue light!

xcwRCSW.jpg
ruc2uLv.jpg
mSe3vzy.jpg
shm0wPq.jpg

Last edited:

Silveradio

After my rejection to swapping a black for my blue FF2, they assigned me a case number within minutes of my reply. Firefly support also said in the email that as soon as it ships you will receive a tracking number. These guys have never lost sight of basic communication skills and in my book that what makes these guys top notch.

Mr. Me2

Got my Firefly 2 about an hour ago. I just put it on the charger now I haven't used it yet but I am looking forward to it. Took the day off just to keep you all updated. Here are some pictures of my unboxing. Kind of disappointed it didn't come with a come with a way to plug it in to a wall for charging but I guess I have enough phone chargers to go around. Also not sure how to know when it's fully charged as it didn't come with any sort of manual. Okay, found it with a quick search. Waiting for the solid blue light!

xcwRCSW.jpg
ruc2uLv.jpg
mSe3vzy.jpg
I can't tell from the pictures...is the top a gloss or Matt finish? I found that the ff1 (in red, at least) was a gloss finish and showed every fingerprint and smudge. The gray finish was much more forgiving

Mr. Me2,
Did you do a color change or was that your original color @stonesolid42

This was my original color (black). Ordered Feb 29th at 7PM EST (5PM MST).

I can't tell from the pictures...is the top a gloss or Matt finish? I found that the ff1 (in red, at least) was a gloss finish and showed every fingerprint and smudge. The gray finish was much more forgiving

It is a flat/matte finish. No gloss. Tried to put some fingerprints on it but they don't stick. It's not just the top but the entire device is very resistant to any oil smudges or fingerprints. I actually have a picture of it on the charger that shows it well but it's stuck in the Outbox on my phone for some reason.

Fixed it and added the pic to the main post but here it is if you don't want to look back there:

shm0wPq.jpg

FLMan420

Anyone with free shipping receive a shipping email yet? I assume today will be the day for the rest of us....

I have free shipping and received my shipping email yesterday afternoon (I ordered on Feb. 29). Unfortunately, it says it will not be delivered until next Wednesday. Now I am kicking my self for being cheap and not paying for overnight shipping.

FLMan420,

vape4fun

Ha ha I know the feeling and thanks for info. I hope the March 1 people get conformations today that would make sense and arrival Thursday isn't that terrible

vape4fun,
Just tried it and while the effect is amaaaazing (I feel like Killer the dog from Half Baked right now) the vapor production and flavor isn't matching what I'm used to with the PAX2. Any tips on packing, etc that might be able to help me out? Currently I am using finely shredded dry herb (using a santa cruz 2 piece shredder) and preheating until the bowl turns red/orange (about 5-6 seconds) then taking very long draws.

Going to step it up from medium-high to high and see if that makes any difference.

Also something to note: I have to be really careful with the touch sensors when I'm packing it. I've had the LED light up a couple times while I had my finger in the bowl and I already have it on both-sensors for activation now. lol

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
Just tried it and while the effect is amaaaazing (I feel like Killer the dog from Half Baked right now) the vapor production and flavor isn't matching what I'm used to with the PAX2. Any tips on packing, etc that might be able to help me out? Currently I am using finely shredded dry herb (using a santa cruz 2 piece shredder) and preheating until the bowl turns red/orange (about 5-6 seconds) then taking very long draws.

Going to step it up from medium-high to high and see if that makes any difference.
Slow the draw? I think Vape critic mentioned that the draw tends to need to be a bit slower than some vapes.

snamuh,
Slow the draw? I think Vape critic mentioned that the draw tends to need to be a bit slower than some vapes.
Thanks. I'll try that. I thought I heard it was the opposite so I've been drawing on it like I would a pipe. I'll try to sip slowly this time.

stonesolid42,
Not supposed to break it up too fine. Even doing it by hand may be best like packing a bowl old school style!
I did see that in the manual but I figured more surface area makes more vapor even with hot air convection right? I'll try some broken up by hand in the next bowl. I also think it might just be that I can't see the vapor as well as with the PAX2 (which I mostly use on the highest temp with a NewVape water pipe adapter, it makes some crazy thick clouds). It seems more similar to the Volcano or Arizer Q at a nice temp where the vapor is mostly clear but has a great taste (I can definitely feel it in my lungs).

stonesolid42,

vape4fun

I believe it's best to have it not tight so air can flow freely throughout the bowl. Best way to put it is break up with hands put it in bowl and just lightly tap on top without "pushing" like you would with pax....

I believe it's best to have it not tight so air can flow freely throughout the bowl. Best way to put it is break up with hands put it in bowl and just lightly tap on top without "pushing" like you would with pax....
Ah okay. Cleaned it out, broke up some herb by hand, and repacked it a little looser cause yeah, I totally pressed that shredded herb down into there exactly like you thought I was. Basically it's packed now like I would my old man bowl (or gandalf if you want to call it that).

edit:
Yep. That did it. The taste is so much better now than the PAX ever was. Not sure how thick the vapor is cause I haven't exhaled. I'll see on my next draw I guess. :p

Awesome. Convection vapes are whole different animals!!

Today I found a new favorite thing.

Thanks btw for the quick tips. Helped a ton. It definitely works better with hand torn herb plus I would have kept packing it a little tighter than I should have but this seems like you just toss a pinch in and it works great, the less you think about it the better. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom