The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsinart

Well I have had the firefly 2 for about a week now. Pretty happy with my purchase. I spent the last year or so strickly doing edibles. But considering I am in a state where nothing is legal yet I had a hard time finding what I needed on a regular basis. So far this thing is great. Gets me high which is the only thing that matters, I could care less about the vapor production. I find taking some small draws while it heats up then ripping on it once the light is solid works best for me. Also slowly raising the temp as I take more hits. Pack it in the morning and I am set straight for the entire day. Also love that I can hit it and just set it down and come back when ever I want.

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
Power tuning allows you to adjust the temperature on the app by decreasing or increasing the base value. So medium is equal to 380°F I believe and the power tuning would allow you adjust the temperature up and down from there. I find the higher power tuning also helps speed up the heat up time. So on medium-low, it takes 3 seconds of "pre-heating" before I start me draw.

Randy Lahey

Power tuning allows you to adjust the temperature on the app by decreasing or increasing the base value. So medium is equal to 380°F I believe and the power tuning would allow you adjust the temperature up and down from there. I find the higher power tuning also helps speed up the heat up time. So on medium-low, it takes 3 seconds of "pre-heating" before I start me draw.
Got it thanks for the explanation!

jay87

The FF2 is so smooth with concentrates it's ridiculous. Be sure and collect the honey before cleaning :nod:

GA4VA54.jpg

DZT6Tk8.jpg

paco FF2

hi can anyone tell me if its possible to put hash in the ff2 ? i know concentrate but what about a good piece of hash from moroc??

paco FF2,

Achebe

Some makers, like Davinci, list authorized resellers on their home website. Does anyone know whether TheVapeWorld.com is an authorized reseller of the Firefly 2?

Achebe,
Reactions: jules172

Randy Lahey

The FF2 is so smooth with concentrates it's ridiculous. Be sure and collect the honey before cleaning :nod:

GA4VA54.jpg

DZT6Tk8.jpg
just so Im clear, you run the razor along the glass of the unit and the underside of the lid to get that???? Dayum!

Randy Lahey,

jay87

just so Im clear, you run the razor along the glass of the unit and the underside of the lid to get that???? Dayum!

Yeah it's very quick and easy to do, just make sure not to touch the lid's seal with the razor or you might damage it.

The condensed vapor actually starts out being clear and is a light amber color when you scrape it up. This is why I love concentrates with this device because it's so efficient, nothing is wasted!

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
This forum helped me a lot in making the great decision to buy a firefly 2 so I feel I need to give back by sharing my experience with this vape. First of all I am completely new to vaping meaning I have never vaped before I recently got back to smoking after a 20 year hiatus and have become a weed weekend warrior. I quit smoking cigarettes two years ago and this was the main reason I wanted to get into vaping. For weeks I obsessively searched for everything I could find on vaping, I Looked at the pax 3 then was obsessed with the IQ and then came to the conclusion that the FF2 was the one that best fit my needs. I read a lot of negative feedback about it but there were also a lot of very happy owners and even though there was some doubt in my mind I went with my gut and bit the bullet.

I received my FF2 about three weeks and out of the box it just worked it got my high as shit and I was getting very tasty vapor the bowl would just last and last. But inside I knew it could be better so I started messing with the packing, the stirring, working on my pull but I didn't mess too much with the heating profiles. It wasn't until this past sunday that I hit the magic button on this thing, I had a session with two of my friends and we just went at it. We were getting huge clouds right away so we just kept going lower and lower on the heat profiles every time we went down the taste just got better and the clouds were dense and huge.

The way to use this vape it to start on low and slowly got up the heating profiles it feels like you're smoking your bud in layers. We got to the point were we felt that all was gone, it still had more to give but since you get spoiled by the magical flavor on the lower settings you just want to get back to that. This thing just fucking rocks I feel sorry for those who bought it and were let down I don't know if the people at firefly changed something but mine is working like a dream.

Agree totally ..Have had mine for about 4 months and couldn't be happier except that they ran out of white lids at $19.99 before I could get my hands on one

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: sag

Randy Lahey

if you could pick out the round or hit that is the single best one in a session, which one would it be? The 2nd?

Randy Lahey,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Wow. I'm shocked at all the love as I just hate this thing.

1. Flavor way inferior to Crafty.

2. Tends to scorch in the middle. Need to constantly mix your bowl.

3. Restrictive draw. Ok but not a plus.

4. Flimsy. Doesn't seem like something that should cost near 400. These parts are cheapie.

Only advantage is on demand vapor. Overall I give it a 3/5 and that is generous.

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
Damn. I literally just pulled the trigger on the jet black. Come on to post about my purchase to read that... ^ bummer lol

I'm not really bummed. I'm excited to get my hands on it, and figure it all out!

Last edited:

Randy Lahey

Damn. I literally just pulled the trigger on the jet black. Come on to post about my purchase to read that... ^ bummer lol

I'm not really bummed. I'm excited to get my hands on it, and figure it all out!
Be excited. Im not sure comparing it to the crafty is fair. I mean its close (judging from what Ive read), but the mighty and crafty seem to be the gold standards. I find that I have to stir it once or twice during a session. I wish I didnt have to, but its not a huge deal to me. The restrictive draw I am starting to love. There is a technique Im using where I breathe in through my nose and suck with my mouth as well. It draws out a ton of vape. As you use this thing, as others have said, you will start to understand how to maximize it. I few pages back I said I didnt understand why everyone had such a learning curve but it turns out I am still learning lol. Its getting better and better. I dont agree on the flimsy part. Love the feel of this in my hand. I think with most vapes, they arent 100% how we all want them. I find the FF2 to be entirely acceptable and even great to use.

Splorgle

Actively Dismembered
Right on. I have never used any storz and bickle (sp??) products, so I have no experience with them to go off of. I had the original pax when it first came out, and recently bought one of the new "high end" portables that really works well. My experience with their CS team left me confused, and turned me off to the company. I am gifting my girlfriend that vape, and getting the FF2 for myself.
On my down time, I like to play the xbox, so I feel this vape will be much better suited for that situation, as I can quickly take a draw or two, and set it down for later.
I'm excited to get to know the quirks, and master getting the best hits possible!
I'll post some pics of the jet black when it comes in!

Randy Lahey

Right on. I have never used any storz and bickle (sp??) products, so I have no experience with them to go off of. I had the original pax when it first came out, and recently bought one of the new "high end" portables that really works well. My experience with their CS team left me confused, and turned me off to the company. I am gifting my girlfriend that vape, and getting the FF2 for myself.
On my down time, I like to play the xbox, so I feel this vape will be much better suited for that situation, as I can quickly take a draw or two, and set it down for later.
I'm excited to get to know the quirks, and master getting the best hits possible!
I'll post some pics of the jet black when it comes in!
You hit the nail on the head for gamers! Im deep into BF1 lol and I keep this guy right beside me. Between rounds you can get some quick pick me ups! Its great for that, so good call! I have used S&B products - I sold my volcano digit to buy this FF2. The volcano was just too big and bulky. Like you said, the portability of this unit offers a whole new convenience of use. Let us know how you make out.

jay87

Wow. I'm shocked at all the love as I just hate this thing.

1. Flavor way inferior to Crafty.

2. Tends to scorch in the middle. Need to constantly mix your bowl.

3. Restrictive draw. Ok but not a plus.

4. Flimsy. Doesn't seem like something that should cost near 400. These parts are cheapie.

Only advantage is on demand vapor. Overall I give it a 3/5 and that is generous.

You're forgetting my favorite advantages!

Pure convection
Easiest to clean vaporizer
Removable batteries
Extreme versatility to do concentrates or dry herb or both

While flavor can be subjective I'd suggest to you to mess with temperatures if you aren't getting great flavor, it might be you're setting the heat too hot and drawing too hard.

Also I'd adjust your packing method, personally I do ground material on the bottom and I top it with hand torn buds, I stir maybe 2 times per load and get great extraction and potency.

If you just hate it and it's just not for you that's fine too, it's a pretty easy device to sell as far as I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom