The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I have noticed less (or sometimes no) 'wake up' needed with the new firmware. before the 'double tap to wake' before actually starting the session was required, now it seems I can pick it up and just go for it.

Bug. Fixed.

mitchgo61,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Question for you guys-

I don't see a way to post on the Classifieds ("(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)"), can anyone advise?
You can view our Classified rules here.

Specifically:
You must be an actively contributing member with at least 60 days membership, 50 posts, and 25 "likes" received to create a thread in the Classifieds.

:peace:

Stu,

chaosst33l

Is it normal for the battery to stop charging halfway?
The blue light turns off and I have to move it to a different power source to get it to charge again.

chaosst33l,

mitchgo61

Is it normal for the battery to stop charging halfway?
The blue light turns off and I have to move it to a different power source to get it to charge again.

I have noticed this with certain USB blocks. Usually resolves with a different block. If you have an iPad block, try that....has the added benefit of charging faster.

mitchgo61,

Vaporcussion

I've been getting messages on my macbook pro to "unplug the device using too much power" I unplug/replug and the message goes away

Vaporcussion,

chaosst33l

I went through a charge on my macbook pro straight through with no problems with my second battery. Ill run my first one down and then see if that one has problems with my laptop and if that works try it on my iphone adapters to see if its that. Could it perhaps be a defective battery?

chaosst33l,

Vaporcussion

I went through a charge on my macbook pro straight through with no problems with my second battery. Ill run my first one down and then see if that one has problems with my laptop and if that works try it on my iphone adapters to see if its that. Could it perhaps be a defective battery?
perhaps; I don't remember it happening when I first got the unit. I'll keep an eye on it....

Vaporcussion,

Reggie Watts

I've heard that vapor quality is even better than in Mighty. Does somebody has any experiences regarding Mighty and Firefly 2? Which one better suits your needs?
FF2 has slightly better vapor quality, but the Mighty produces a much greater volume of vapor (while still being very tasty). I use the FF2 when I'm alone and the Mighty when vaping with a partner or group.

chaosst33l

For me that's way slower than a block directly into AC. I would try that method and see if it alleviates the problem.

I encountered the issue when using the dock plugged into my iphone adapter. Having it charged by my laptop did not result in the blue light turning off, for both of my batteries.

Is this a unit defect, a battery defect, or just a general issue?

chaosst33l,

mitchgo61

I encountered the issue when using the dock plugged into my iphone adapter. Having it charged by my laptop did not result in the blue light turning off, for both of my batteries.

Is this a unit defect, a battery defect, or just a general issue?

I think it's the dock. My dock is a little inconsistent. I use the old external charger, so I haven't used the dock in months but I remember it being weird. There have been other users reporting similar behavior to yours.

The docks seem to act inconsistently with certain USB blocks which may explain your iphone adaptor issue. (Again if you swapped it with a different block you might not have the problem....but it sounds like you've fixed it via your laptop.)

Last edited:
mitchgo61,
Reactions: kcmochris

ElleB

It was tested extensively for nearly two months prior to release. There shouldn't be any showstopper bugs and in general I wouldn't warn folks to be particularly skittish of this update (I've used multiple versions of the build myself with no problems)....but it'll be interesting to hear what FF says about your problem. I wonder if something entirely coincidental (but clearly catastrophic) occurred.

For it to have crashed your device, it would have at least needed to connect to it once....so did you "connect device" after updating the app, and then it crashed? Or was it dead after loading the new app onto your phone? (In which case, not the app, but something else....)

I downloaded the update, connected to the device, updated the device and then it (the FF2) crashed. Switched out to the spare battery and the FF2 still wouldn't activate or charge -- so no. Not the phone. Still waiting to hear from Firefly. Will keep you updated.

ElleB,

chaosst33l

I think it's the dock. My dock is a little inconsistent. I use the old external charger, so I haven't used the dock in months but I remember it being weird. There have been other users reporting similar behavior to yours.

The docks seem to act inconsistently with certain USB blocks which may explain your iphone adaptor issue. (Again if you swapped it with a different block you might not have the problem....but it sounds like you've fixed it via your laptop.)
Alright cool. I've put it on the dock, through my laptop and through my iphone adapter and havent had any recent problems. So this is a semi common issue with the docks and not really my unit?

chaosst33l,

mitchgo61

Alright cool. I've put it on the dock, through my laptop and through my iphone adapter and havent had any recent problems. So this is a semi common issue with the docks and not really my unit?

I don't know how common it is...it's been mentioned by maybe a handful of people here, I've experienced it myself (on two different docks) and someone at FF did tell me months ago there were some dock issues floating around. But it's definitely not just you...it's a known issue, and luckily easy to work around (once I found a block that worked flawlessly with my dock that was the end of it).

Whenever they get their external charger back in stock it's worth considering. Much faster charging, under thirty minutes for me, and none of these odd dock behaviors. :2c:

chaosst33l

I don't know how common it is...it's been mentioned by maybe a handful of people here, I've experienced it myself (on two different docks) and someone at FF did tell me months ago there were some dock issues floating around. But it's definitely not just you...it's a known issue, and luckily easy to work around (once I found a block that worked flawlessly with my dock that was the end of it).

Whenever they get their external charger back in stock it's worth considering. Much faster charging, under thirty minutes for me, and none of these odd dock behaviors. :2c:
I suppose that's good to know, that its an issue with my dock and not the Firefly 2 itself.
Did Firefly support do anything for you like replace the dock or did they just kinda say its a problem?

chaosst33l,

kcmochris

^^^ Had similar problems with the dock but just with the Apple cube or any other 1A and under USB cube. Honestly, it worked 9/10 times but took almost two hours to charge 0-100%. Pain in the ass as this was my only vape at the time (thus, charging time would cut into session time at some point during a casual day). Bought the ever-so-loved FF1 external charger--no longer an issue on my end.

As far as I know, @chaosst33l, there was one person here who might have sent in what he thought was a problematic dock. Other than that, people have just been getting away from the iPhone white cubes (read: slow charge, also not always successful for folks, myself included). Just as you and many others did, I switched to using my Macbook for the time being. Then, I purchased the FF1 external charger.

https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-2-quickcharge-wall-adapter-u-s-canada.html
^Consider this if you're concerned further and want to keep using the dock. Item description speaks for itself and it's proprietary AKA it betta' work ;) I know you probably don't want to hear spending money will solve the issue. As per others, there are numerous options for charging.

Last edited:

chaosst33l

^^^ Had similar problems with the dock but just with the Apple cube or any other 1A and under USB cube. Honestly, it worked 9/10 times but took almost two hours to charge 0-100%. Pain in the ass as this was my only vape at the time (thus, charging time would cut into session time at some point a casual day). Bought the ever-so-loved FF1 external charger--no longer an issue on my end.

As far as I know, @chaosst33l, there was one person here who might have sent what he thought was a problematic dock in. Other than that, people have just been getting away from the iPhone white cubes (read: slow charge, also not always successful for folks, myself included). Just as you and many others did, I switched to using my Macbook for the time being. Then, I purchased the FF1 external charger.

https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-2-quickcharge-wall-adapter-u-s-canada.html
^This is what you should be if you're really concerned and want to keep using the dock. Item description speaks for itself and it's proprietary AKA it betta' work ;) I know you probably don't to hear spending money will solve the issue. As per others, there are numerous options for charging.
Thanks man! That's a lot of good information. I'll probably just try to find out which method I already own works best. It isn't a huge problem for me, just as long as I didn't get a defective unit. $330 is a lot for a product, especially with this many issues. I'm probably not gonna spend more money on it, cause its not a life or death issue, I'd rather move power sources than spend more money on it.

In hindsight I should have researched more about this vaporizer as well as the issues people were having cause I probably wouldn't have made the purchase, but my unit seems to not be defective(started getting pretty good vapor after learning my technique, learning how to hit this is like learning how to hit a pipe for your first time, maybe a bit more tricky) and it gives me the results I need; medicated and with minimal odor.

kcmochris

Just curious, why would you not have made the purchase? I totally understand not liking how the unit charges, but how's the performance adding up--does it "justify" the price tag? As someone who did a double-take on the price I feel it's been worth it in the long run.

Ripstar

Love my FF2 but it was on the charger and the battery now doesn't hold a charge. It will be blue but the minute you pick it up from the charger, it's dead. Fuck.

Ripstar,

turk

turk
...my experience has been to keep dock plugged into power strip...absolutely no problems...although I also have MacBook Pro..never plugged ff2 to it....cheers

turk,
Reactions: Ripstar

Ripstar

Ok, I have had the power supply directly to the wall. Is it not ok to leave docked for days?

Ripstar,

turk

turk
...I leave it docked...all the time...never experienced a problem that couldn't be solved...by simply taking the battery out...and putting back in...and haven't had to do that...recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom