The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BR Ron

Portland availability? Didn't bring a backup for the Hammer and I would be willing to just go buy at local shop. Anybody know any retailers in Portland that have these in stock? If not, I might buy a cheap pen and do the cartridge thing. Never cared much for the taste though.

I checked a few weeks ago, and there none to be found on the shelves. Plenty of FF1 though. I ordered directly since it seemed to be the fastest route.

BR Ron,

greenextinguisher

I think you may have hit on why so many like to stir, but I haven't found it necessary to get properly medicated. Seeing a cloud is not a priority to me, though in the beginning of vaping it was. Sometimes it happens sometimes not. I can definitely see how stirring would produce a bigger cloud, but as I said, in the end, my bowl is properly browned.

Space case and SC shredder both work for me. I usually start out on low or medium low and when I'm no longer getting a buzz off that, I go to medium high or high to finish it out.

I understand the whole need to see a cloud thing though. I believe it is a very real psychological effect that is difficult to extinguish at first. This is classic conditioning for those of you who have had pretty basic psychology courses.

A person has spent years seeing clouds and pairs this with being medicated. Then finally a product comes out that delivers the same buzz but the cloud feedback is not always there and so the brain tells the user that in fact it is not "high".

I think it's just a matter of re-training the brain.

For me it was the novelty of using a new vape after 8 years on the Volcano. I'm constantly trying new things with my FF2 to see the results. I think I need to spend some time only thinking about the effects while tweaking conditions. Cloud chasing has been plenty fun, though!

With the Volcano, I never paid much mind to how cloudy a particular strain or temp got the bag. I knew I was going to get blasted and just switched to auto pilot. It's a testament to that device. Different strokes on the FF2, but it's also an awesome device.

Sh4dy15

So I have had this device for about 3-4 months at this point and have been using it pretty exclusively and have loved the results, ease of use, and design.

Last week I decided to give my Solo a workout and I was completely obliterated after 4 hits on Level 4.

I don't know if I was simply higher or just a different kind of high but it was totally different than the Firefly 2 experience.

Does anyone else have a Solo and see similar results? I know the Solo is known to be one of the most efficient vapes of all time but is it possible that it really is that much more efficient than the Firefly or am I just experiencing two different types of highs?

Please don't read this like I am hating on the Firefly 2. I am not at all, I love it. It is an awesome device and definitely gets the job done but having stepped away from the Solo for a few months and going back it was pretty incredible.

Edit: If anyone is curious where I am getting that efficiency claim from, check this out. Interesting read: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26784441

Last edited:

turk

turk
...this is why many of us have multiple units of different variety ...happens to me all the time...which is why I rotate their use .

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
...this is why many of us have multiple units of different variety ...happens to me all the time...which is why I rotate their use .

Absolutely. The only way I manage tolerance issues....rotate strains, and rotate devices. Different vapes have different "signatures" that define the effect they produce. You can build up a tolerance to a device as quickly as you can for a specific strain.

I honestly don't know how anyone can survive with only one vape! :lol:

greenextinguisher

True grit, @mitchgo61, true grit is how we survive. Honestly, I would have never ended up here, if I hadn't gone on a search for a portable and would not have known I was basically seconds away from death only having the Volcano. :brow:

btw... the other day, your icon set my gym soundtrack as I noted one of your posts before walking out the door: Second Stage Turbine Blade.

greenextinguisher,
Reactions: mitchgo61

Sh4dy15

Absolutely. The only way I manage tolerance issues....rotate strains, and rotate devices. Different vapes have different "signatures" that define the effect they produce. You can build up a tolerance to a device as quickly as you can for a specific strain.

I absolutely believe this now but wouldnt have before. There was a very noticeable difference almost immediately.

Maybe I should use my Solo for a bit and go back and see if same thing happens.

I dont have a complaint about either of these devices so I am happy with my choices. Theyre also very different. I am not going to really take my solo and walk around with it but would do that with the Firefly.

mitchgo61

btw... the other day, your icon set my gym soundtrack as I noted one of your posts before walking out the door: Second Stage Turbine Blade.

Oh, don't get me started on Coheed. :love:

Maybe FF will make a Coheed-branded version one day called the Dragonfly. :p

mitchgo61,

b0

Cloudy...

And that's exactly why I love to have different vapes, strains and concentrates. At the begining it was weird because all we know is about tolerance and T-breaks but when you use vapes is as easy as changing vape or strain.... And don't abuse concentrates!! Those are tolerance killers :mental:

b0,

rrnarewatt1

So I'm back after the weekend trying the 2nd battery and has the same issues as the first one.

24 draws and 20 hours of battery, much less than what people is enjoying here. So now time to wait until ff get in contact with me and see what they want to do. Will love if they can send a tested working battery to see if it works or not, but I think that they will want me to send everything to test.

For the good news, I can't understand why people is having so much problems using this unit. My gf is totally new to the vaporizers world and only tried my EVO and Omnivap until this weekend. She had no problems having proper hist from the ff2 and tried the pax2 too, after testing all of my portables her favourite is the ff2. She loved the flavour and the clouds, and learned to get proper hits in 2 hits. This vape os a beast, can't wait to fix my problems with it...

Hope they answer back soon!
Have you heard back at all? I'm trying to get into.contact with them. My battery issues are still ongoing /:

rrnarewatt1,

mitchgo61

My battery issues are still ongoing /:

This reminds me....I recently had a run with one of my batteries that kind of astounded me. I had used it on a single charge for like three days...maybe three or four bowls total. Then I didn't touch it for like four days when I was out of town. When I got back, I fired it up, thinking "this battery will throw a red any second now" since it was a classic set-up for that problem....a partially-used charge left in the device idle for days.

The thing ran for another three days. I kept waiting for the red...finally late on day three (or day six total) it went dead. I'm sure I got 80-plus hits from it, most of them pretty long.

On the one hand, amazing performance. OTOH, I'm even more puzzled about some of the behavior I've seen from both of my batteries....:hmm:

smoking2long

I checked a few weeks ago, and there none to be found on the shelves. Plenty of FF1 though. I ordered directly since it seemed to be the fastest route.
Found one at Tony's in Beaverton. They just got 6 or 7 of them in. It's charging now and I'm reading owners manual and downloading app.

smoking2long,
Reactions: sag

colomarijuana

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but Firefly has some firmware and software updates in testing that lets you tune the power up or down on each of the heat settings. They've also fixed the battery sensor issue in the app.

I've been testing the updates for the last 3 days. Great changes that I think a lot of users will really like. You can produce vapor easier on higher settings. I can't want for someone to make a water pipe attachment.

MOAR POWER! :rockon:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIoSfFKjS1c/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIoUbltD3ky/

Last edited:

Sh4dy15

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already, but Firefly has some firmware and software updates in testing that lets you tune the power up or down on each of the heat settings. They've also fixed the battery sensor issue in the app.

I've been testing the updates for the last 3 days. Great changes that I think a lot of users will really like. You can produce vapor easier on higher settings. I can't want for someone to make a water pipe attachment.

So is this increasing the heat level of each setting without getting to the heat level of the next one?

For example if you go to 111% on Medium-High setting its not the same as just putting it on High?

mitchgo61

So is this increasing the heat level of each setting without getting to the heat level of the next one?

For example if you go to 111% on Medium-High setting its not the same as just putting it on High?

That's correct, although there is obviously some overlap. Lower High by 10% and you may overlap with Med/High when it's raised by 10%.

I have mostly played with the "raise" function. It most definitely adds power to every setting, without seeming to bump it up to the set point of the temp above it.

colomarijuana

That's correct, although there is obviously some overlap. Lower High by 10% and you may overlap with Med/High when it's raised by 10%.

I have mostly played with the "raise" function. It most definitely adds power to every setting, without seeming to bump it up to the set point of the temp above it.

Agreed, there is definitely some overlap. I haven't received the complete details on how the power tuning feature works or the full release notes, but after testing a ton of settings (and vaping way too much this weekend :p) I think I know how it functions.

FF2 uses close to full strength of the heater when you first hit the button to help it get up to temp quickly, then powers down to maintain the temperature of your heat settings as it doesn't require as much power to maintain the temperature as initial heat up. The heater will read sensors and adjust to keep your device vaping at the defined temperatures making it nearly impossible to combust material.

What I believe this setting does is help you tune the heater to higher power which keeps it from going into the "maintain temp mode" that it normally goes in after it reaches your temperature setting. Obviously the upside is true dynamic power that allows each user to vape to their personal preferences for draw speed, temp, vapor production, etc. The downside is you can combust if you tune it all the way up and there isn't a perfect way of knowing what temperature that tuning is vaping your material at. There is plenty of power in this device no doubt.

The other thing I'm waiting for confirmation on is whether or not they made changes to the previous default settings. Is medium-high still the same as medium-high at 100% or have they made any minor adjustments from the first software/firmware?

More to come i'm sure!

Last edited:

malsanti

Just got my FF2, excited to give it a shot. But how do you use it? Hold the two buttons the side until you get a solid light? Just one of the buttons? I didn't really get a manual.

colomarijuana

Just got my FF2, excited to give it a shot. But how do you use it? Hold the two buttons the side until you get a solid light? Just one of the buttons? I didn't really get a manual.

Yep you've got it. Hold down both until green solid light then do a long draw to build up vapor. Stir the bowl every 4 hits or so. Download the app and you can adjust temperature settings to your preference. You can also change which buttons you want to activate the FF2.

Enjoy!! :)

colomarijuana,
Reactions: malsanti

malsanti

ts certainly a nice piece of kit. But I am not really getting much vapor at all. Seems to be a lot of airflow when I draw? Like not much restriction at all.

malsanti,

tylerj55

ts certainly a nice piece of kit. But I am not really getting much vapor at all. Seems to be a lot of airflow when I draw? Like not much restriction at all.

I just got this device a few days ago and it seems everybody is right, the clouds aren't there unless you go up to the higher settings, but the high is definitely still there!

tylerj55,

colomarijuana

Check the mouthpiece, check the seal for debris to make sure you are getting the lid set right. You should be getting vapor with long steady draws. High is my favorite setting.

colomarijuana,

Pears

Its been a couple months now and still haven't heard from FF about the external charger I ordered... Last I asked they said they have no idea about an estimate.

Pears,

Reggie Watts

That's badass. How will we get the data onto the device? Just by syncing with the app?

Reggie Watts,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom