The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
So basically the FF 2 is having the same battery life of the FF 1, lid/sealing issue and possibly heating issues? I'm trying to figure out how bad of an issue this is before I buy. I see it's also a month roughly to get a replacement to fix these issues? Also, does FF make you pay return shipping?

vape4fun

Don't forget about silent majority smutman.....i would think following GH thread that 80-90% of them break in the first month. I don't think that's true but perception is that. FF battery has lasted me 40-60 hits for sure. No issues with a seal or anything else besides widespread issue with battery meter on app.

ToxicVape

Hey I noticed the short battery life only if I remove the battery from the device. If I leave it in until it actually dies it lasts much longer. Please someone else test this, do a bowl then remove the battery overnight. The next time you insert it and heat it up it will say its dead.

ToxicVape,

vape4fun

Hey Steama,

Is there a place to put things useful in the case like the brush, stirrer, maybe some herb? Or is it FF only? Also is it smell proof?

vape4fun,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
Got the FF2 case today and it is fantastic. The materials are very nice and the case actually makes it easier to put in and out of your pocket. I have been using a glasses case I picked up at a second hand shop but the official case is much better. The only thing I find questionable is the zipper pull with the firefly logo. The zipper pull does not look like it will stand-up over time but if it is steel and not some pot metal it may actually be sturdy.

If you are on the fence about the FF2 case it's a very nice case indeed. :nod:
When did you order?

@steama - thanks! When you called, did they give you an idea when the chargers are expected to arrive?

Last edited:
Vapenado,

malsanti

Instead of holding it like a bowl one can palm it like a juice box, when in public, correct?

My sister bought a flowermate, and I think that looks very stealthy. Not tried it yet. Other than smell, I don't see how that would be a problem.

Also, could one hit the FF2 in a bathroom, at say a movie theater and be good to go? I live next to the biggest cluster of cinemas in Europe so I like to go for midnight movies during week days when the crowd is thin, ideally I would like to be able to vape right in the cinema, and since there would not be many people at all, I think this should be possible.

I discreetly use e pens as it is, only in multiplexes, mind you, and only when there is no one in front of me, with a piece of tape over the glow. But that is more discreet, obviously. Just a real bitch getting or making e juice. And herb will always taste better, and therefore will have a better high, so will always go with that. And some e juice gives me a headache.

Getting impatient, though! I hope they send it out soon. Been over a week now.

malsanti,

Dringus

Does anybody know of any discount codes for vapefiend.uk ? I tried using 'hi5' and '420' but neither of those seem to be working. Thanks in advance :)

Dringus,

Dringus

wait, don't tell me the FF2 is available in the UK!?
Oh crap sorry to get your hopes up. I'm actually just planning on ordering a mini blue Santa Cruz Shredder -- I think it's the exact same color as the blue FF2 I pre-ordered from Namaste back in March. I've been changing my mind over and over again on whether or not to bother with the grinder since so many people recommend hand torn for the FF2. The thing is, I've been trying hand-torn for the grasshopper and am not getting much visible vapor, especially below setting 3. Anyway, I think the mini SCS will give me that perfect 'fluff' that will be perfect for the FF2 and Hopper.

But in regards to FF2 landing in the UK anytime soon, I'm still waiting to hear anything. According to Vaposhop in Amsterdam, they will most likely be the first European retailer to get it. I'm assuming this means ALL of Europe (including UK) and not just mainland but who knows. Vapefiend is saying July...

Time will tell (it always does).

Dringus,

bane310

aah, ok np - I did get my hopes up ;P

I do hope they get in the UK soon, I'm leaving in August and want to get it before I do - otherwise will have to settle for ones already available.

Vapefiend has told me July too, but Greenvapes are giving me an October date! Hopefully, someone in Europe should be able to get some sooner.

Fingers crossed.

bane310,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Instead of holding it like a bowl one can palm it like a juice box, when in public, correct?.

Not really. You cannot block the air intake slots at the front of the bowl and still use the FF properly. So however you hold it, the bowl end must be "unpalmed". You can't grip the bowl end and still get hits unless you avoid blocking the intake slots.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: steama
Got the FF2 case today and it is fantastic. The materials are very nice and the case actually makes it easier to put in and out of your pocket. I have been using a glasses case I picked up at a second hand shop but the official case is much better. The only thing I find questionable is the zipper pull with the firefly logo. The zipper pull does not look like it will stand-up over time but if it is steel and not some pot metal it may actually be sturdy.

If you are on the fence about the FF2 case it's a very nice case indeed. :nod:

Thanks for the review, I just ordered mine this morning and am stoked to get it!

As @vape4fun already asked, can you put the brush and a toothpick in it in addition to the FF2?

doomsdalicious,

JJ Cool F

Does anybody know of any discount codes for vapefiend.uk ? I tried using 'hi5' and '420' but neither of those seem to be working. Thanks in advance :)

I don't think VapeFiend offers discount codes for FC users. They run their own promotions from time to time, though. Great customers service for UK customers too.

JJ Cool F,

DarkSm0ke

Just got an email from Firefly... Buy one lid get one free! The email said this offer is available to people who purchased the FF2 early on, not sure if anyone can get it with out the email. On another note, went to site and I don't see the combo charger and power supply :huh:

Here is the link for the 2 for 1!

http://app.bronto.com/public/viewmessage/html/34827/8n2lzsi0d7pejzlujwyavc437rckf

Done and done! :tup:

Ordered the case, and one red lid and one blue lid! I originally ordered the blue lid but changed to black to ship faster. So this totally rocks! Everything was $99 and change but at check out the total price was discounted $39.95 for the promo. There was nothing on the site promoting the deal but at check out the deduction was made. So this deal might be open to anyone that buys 2 lids and checks out.

Last edited:

greenextinguisher

I jumped on the 2 for 1!

I've yet to see the end of a battery. One time I tried going a whole week and then finally caved and recharged. The battery meter was reporting 3 flashes. 1-2 bowls / day, but I can kill one in 4 LSDs w/ heavy mixing.

Two times I had the battery play dead. Taking it out and putting it back in got things back to working. The first time it happened, the battery continued to work for the next five days.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Just got an email from Firefly... Buy one lid get one free! The email said this offer is available to people who purchased the FF2 early on, not sure if anyone can get it with out the email. On another note, went to site and I don't see the combo charger and power supply :huh:

Here is the link for the 2 for 1!

http://app.bronto.com/public/viewmessage/html/34827/8n2lzsi0d7pejzlujwyavc437rckf

Done and done! :tup:

Ordered the case, and one red lid and one blue lid! I originally ordered the blue lid but changed to black to ship faster. So this totally rocks! Everything was $99 and change but at check out the total price was discounted $39.95 for the promo. There was nothing on the site promoting the deal but at check out the deduction was made. So this deal might be open to anyone that buys 2 lids and checks out.

I just tried to put two lids in my cart and it was discounted. It works.

DarkSm0ke

I am stoked they did this promo sooner than later! Now I just have to see what is up with the combo battery charger and power supply offer not on the website. I wanted to order that combo too with the case and lids. Guess I better call or email.

DarkSm0ke,

Ripstar

Really can't make my mind up, this or the GH. Battery seems to be a lot better with the firefly

Ripstar,
Hey guys so Ive been using my ff2 for a few weeks and am enjoying it quite a bit. I would say the most annoying things are the fact that I cannot connect to the app at all on my GS7 (it used to work, idk what happened), the fact that it needs to be stirred every 2 draws, and when I was able to connect to the app the battery meter has never showed anything but full, but thats a very known issue.

So one thing I am slightly concerned with is that at the bottom edges of the bowl of the unit, there is a very random looking black ring behind the glass. It is not all the way around though and is quite spotty, only going about a third of the way around and random spots around the rest of the ring. Does anyone see something like this on their unit? Sorry for the poor explanation.

turk

turk
....I get it...it can be cleaned with iso...rubbing hard..the more often you clean it...the easier it is to remove.

turk,

DarkSm0ke

I find that cleaning it right after a moderate session requires no iso because the thing is still pretty warm. I usually clean my bowl out all of the time like that.

DarkSm0ke,
Reactions: mitchgo61

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey guys so Ive been using my ff2 for a few weeks and am enjoying it quite a bit. I would say the most annoying things are the fact that I cannot connect to the app at all on my GS7 (it used to work, idk what happened), the fact that it needs to be stirred every 2 draws, and when I was able to connect to the app the battery meter has never showed anything but full, but thats a very known issue.

Try uninstalling, and then re-installing the app. See if you can reconnect after a fresh install.

So one thing I am slightly concerned with is that at the bottom edges of the bowl of the unit, there is a very random looking black ring behind the glass. It is not all the way around though and is quite spotty, only going about a third of the way around and random spots around the rest of the ring. Does anyone see something like this on their unit? Sorry for the poor explanation.

It's the o-ring under the glass (or whatever) bottom of the bowl. Yours shouldn't look broken. There's no reason for it to have any gaps, and given that it's not user-exposed, unlikely to be suffering from any usage stress. Moreover, any real gap in the ring would probably cause you noticeable issues pretty quickly, i.e. material would migrate from the bottom of the bowl into the FF itself and hit the heating element....I'm guessing you'll know if that's happening. :p All of which is to say your ring is probably unbroken and the gaps may be an optical illusion or trick of the light hitting the inside of the bowl.

More, including a pic: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-firefly-2-vaporizer.20281/page-88#post-973247. (If you can post a pic of yours, that would help.)

mitchgo61,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom