The Firefly 2 vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabaRobDass

U want a certain amount of resistance,
So the air you pull in, slowly circulates and has time to warm up.
Thus the talk of taking LSD i.e. Long slow draws.
Wink.
But anyhoo.

We pack past top and tamp lightly after grinding in a SCS,

Set your phasers to stun y'all -
Low or medium low.
360° ish.

Just inhale, like you're doing yoga.
Long inhale.
20 seconds.

Boom.

Now your medicated.

You've always been here.
Welcome home, my son.

Wuh?:leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::rofl::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf::leaf:

Last edited:
BabaRobDass,

nanafy

I've had my FF2 for about a month now and here's some of my personal thoughts:

• The learning curve gripe is blown wayyyyy out of proportion. Saying there's a technique to it is a bit misleading, with the FF2 all you need to do is learn how hard and how long you need to draw. I got great results from my first try and I'd say it took me maybe a day to get my draw down perfectly. When I use it now there's no technique at all really, it's just second nature.

• Cleaning this device is incredible. You can go from sticky and dirty to completely clean like new in 30 seconds. This is one of the best parts of the FF2.

• The vapor is great. Great taste, great potency, great quality. Everyone should know this but I think it's definitely worth mentioning again, no other portable device has this kind of taste.

• The efficiency is as good as it gets. I'm generally using concentrates and there's nothing wasted here at all, you can even reclaim straight off the flat glass lid.

I can't speak extensively about dry herb, but If you use concentrates this is the best portable concentrate vaporizer period.

The FF2 does have flaws just like any other vape, here are my thoughts on those:

• Battery meter doesn't work at all. Hopefully this gets fixed rather quickly.

• Bottom cover is thin and gets dirty easily. Not a fan of the bottom it's super thin and likes to have stuff stick to it.

• Must be held horizontally for best results. I would not recommend holding this device vertically I got noticeably worse performance when doing so.

• It can get dirty and sticky. This is unavoidable especially with concentrates. The thing about this though is that you can easily reclaim and clean it in ~30 seconds so this negative is really a non issue. I'd say I clean it every 3-5 sessions because it's so easy and I like to keep it clean which I think will be beneficial in the long term.

• Battery Life leaves something to be desired. I want to first say that I use the FF2 in a way that probably drains the battery like crazy. I routinely take 45-60 second draws while resetting the heater halfway through while using concentrates to get huge clouds. By doing this I get about 3-4 dabs completely vaporized before I run out of battery. With the 2nd battery this is plenty but it's still has room for improvement.

Overall the FF2 is amazing. Its strengths outweigh its weaknesses by far and it seems like it is built to last a long time. With the huge potential for software updates and with new accessories coming out the FF2 will only get better which is pretty scary because it's already great.

I can only speak for myself but for $350 I definitely think I got my money's worth and then some. :2c:

I totally agree with all your points. Battery meter does not work at all. It just dies in you randomly and you are left with zero warning.

The Microparticulate filter is also supereasy to lose.

My only complaint with this thing is that I get the red light telling me it's too hot to use so fast with concentrates. I can't use this vape to sesh with friends with concentrates before getting rudely interrupted by the flashing red light. Also this vape gets super hot compared to the air for example. Any one else have this ?

Last edited:
nanafy,

turk

turk
...hey everyone...another guy with FF2 for about three weeks now...my experiences coincide with all that's been articulated here...battery indicator malfunction..unit a little "grouchy" after non-use..but all in all I love it...I have mighty and crafty and they are great...but this thing is a lot easier to clean and maintain..Im old...so stealth isn't a issue for me...:p...this is a device that I'm pleased to have in my aresenal...

FreshAir

My firefly is being replaced however they told
Me this Morning it should take up to a month!!!!
How long have you been without your firefly so far ? This is exactly the reason I am so bothered by the way they handle warranty

FreshAir,

nanafy

Does anyone else have an issue with the device getting too hot with concentrates? I would like to know if anyone else agrees that the red light turns on way too quickly thus making this a solo device only. Also I think in their firmware they should have an always on mode where the heater just stays on continously if you want to use a bong or have a big sesh.

nanafy,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Does anyone else have an issue with the device getting too hot with concentrates? I would like to know if anyone else agrees that the red light turns on way too quickly thus making this a solo device only. Also I think in their firmware they should have an always on mode where the heater just stays on continously if you want to use a bong or have a big sesh.

If you think the red light comes on easily now....imagine if the heater stayed on for more than 30 seconds, let alone indefinitely.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I think you want a conduction based session Vaporizer, my friend.

Last edited:

Mustang_52

Quick update on my warranty repair. They are deeming my unit defective and replacing it. So maybe there is a bad batch after all.

Mustang_52,
Reactions: murf2010

nanafy

I think you want a conduction based session Vaporizer, my friend.

No I understand how to use this thing it's just a MLFB with a controlled Heater. It's a great device it's especially designed for the way I vape. In rapid on demand succession. I was just thinking for future attachments its annoying to have to hold the buttons down to use it with a bong or whatever. Also I still don't think that the device getting too hot has anything with it being convection or conduction. My arizer air gets to 400 F and I don't feel anything where I hold it . Whereas this vape has the issue of getting warm where you need to hold the buttons. Couldn't they have moved the buttons closer to the mouth piece or even on top of the device ? I mean come on .. they just put the on switch right where the heater is. It's capacitive you can move those sensors anywhere and link them with any conductive material. I would have liked to see those buttons in a place where the device isn't being primarily heated other than that this thing produces amazing clouds with great taste all the way through. And to the people complaining that you don't get big and good hits , it's your fault it takes time to learn how to use it.

nanafy,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
No I understand how to use this thing it's just a MLFB with a controlled Heater. It's a great device it's especially designed for the way I vape. In rapid on demand succession. I was just thinking for future attachments its annoying to have to hold the buttons down to use it with a bong or whatever. Also I still don't think that the device getting too hot has anything with it being convection or conduction. My arizer air gets to 400 F and I don't feel anything where I hold it . Whereas this vape has the issue of getting warm where you need to hold the buttons. Couldn't they have moved the buttons closer to the mouth piece or even on top of the device ? I mean come on .. they just put the on switch right where the heater is. It's capacitive you can move those sensors anywhere and link them with any conductive material. I would have liked to see those buttons in a place where the device isn't being primarily heated other than that this thing produces amazing clouds with great taste all the way through. And to the people complaining that you don't get big and good hits , it's your fault it takes time to learn how to use it.
I never said you didnt know how to use it.
Your Arizer Air gets to 400F in minutes rather than seconds. Different heater tech. To me it sounds like you wanted a session Vape.."heater on all the time"
This Vape wasn't truly designed for "Bong rips" which is why it's not easily achievable.

Slow Draw McGraw,

nanafy

I never said you didnt know how to use it.
Your Arizer Air gets to 400F in minutes rather than seconds. Different heater tech. To me it sounds like you wanted a session Vape.."heater on all the time"
This Vape wasn't truly designed for "Bong rips" which is why it's not easily achievable.

Yea I guess your right. I guess I was just so used to my arizer air. I tried to do whatever I was doing with that. This vape seems to have really cool vapor as well so it doesn't need to be cooledthrough a water system. I still stand on the fact that the vape gets too hot. They could have had better heat isolation so it doesn't burn your hands after using it with concentrates. It's something I'd expect after paying so much money. I am loving it so far even if I sound negative. It's just little things I would make sure to do for my customers after paying almost 500 dollars (CAD)

nanafy,

jdent3

I tried the ff2 without the mouthpiece screen today and found that removing it slightly reduces draw resistance and I was able to get bigger clouds without it. If you remove the mouthpiece from the unit and try inhaling with and without the screen you can tell there is some draw resistance from the screen. I felt much less out of breath after a session without the screen. As long as you use a medium grind and tamp your load slightly there shouldn't be any pieces of weed getting sucked into the mouthpiece.

jdent3,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Yea I guess your right. I guess I was just so used to my arizer air. I tried to do whatever I was doing with that. This vape seems to have really cool vapor as well so it doesn't need to be cooledthrough a water system. I still stand on the fact that the vape gets too hot. They could have had better heat isolation so it doesn't burn your hands after using it with concentrates. It's something I'd expect after paying so much money. I am loving it so far even if I sound negative. It's just little things I would make sure to do for my customers after paying almost 500 dollars (CAD)

As others have mentioned, it's not really designed for long session-y heating...mine can get pretty hot if I'm pushing it hit after hit with really long hits. If I just wait like a minute between hits, it avoids getting particularly hot.

One obvious but helpful tip: just set it on a glass table top when it gets too hot. The heat drains out of it in seconds.

jay87

I totally agree with all your points. Battery meter does not work at all. It just dies in you randomly and you are left with zero warning.

The Microparticulate filter is also supereasy to lose.

My only complaint with this thing is that I get the red light telling me it's too hot to use so fast with concentrates. I can't use this vape to sesh with friends with concentrates before getting rudely interrupted by the flashing red light. Also this vape gets super hot compared to the air for example. Any one else have this ?

I've noticed the red light a few times but I've been using it solo. I think it could be an issue in groups but solo I very rarely run into this issue. I'd say if it's getting that hot you could repack it and use that time to let the FF2 cool down. If your FF2 gets to the point of overheating and you haven't used up the dab you might be loading too much concentrate at a time.
The FF2 is not the best group device, the clear solution is to get all of your friends to buy their own FF2 :lol:

So I've been tinkering with hooking up the FF2 to a water attachment and I made a discovery.

This has nothing to do with water filtration which to be honest I've had no real need for on the FF2 and I've also not had huge amounts of success with either.

I'm using a silicone tube as an adapter between my FF2 mouthpiece and the water attachment. The silicone tube has to be rather long so I can allow my FF2 to remain horizontal while connecting it to the water attachment.

What I've noticed is this: I can get extremely large clouds when I take hits from the FF2 using the long silicone tube attached to the mouthpiece without any water attachment.

I think using the longer tube as a mouthpiece does 2 things:

1. Drawing slowly and consistently is easier over a longer path.
2. The tube is clear so I can watch the vapor become thicker or thinner as I adjust my draw.

I think the combination of those 2 things allows me to easily get much bigger rips out of my FF2. I'm using concentrates so the clouds were plenty big already.

This is something I'm going to continue experimenting with.

I think if Firefly or Ed cough cough were to release some custom FF2 mouthpieces it could drastically change many people's experiences with this vaporizer. I think a 90 degree glass(or wood) 18mm/14mm FF2 mouthpiece attachment would be to die for. :drool:

jay87,

Vapenado

..you can put your weed in it
I've noticed the red light a few times but I've been using it solo. I think it could be an issue in groups but solo I very rarely run into this issue. I'd say if it's getting that hot you could repack it and use that time to let the FF2 cool down. If your FF2 gets to the point of overheating and you haven't used up the dab you might be loading too much concentrate at a time.
The FF2 is not the best group device, the clear solution is to get all of your friends to buy their own FF2 :lol:

So I've been tinkering with hooking up the FF2 to a water attachment and I made a discovery.

This has nothing to do with water filtration which to be honest I've had no real need for on the FF2 and I've also not had huge amounts of success with either.

I'm using a silicone tube as an adapter between my FF2 mouthpiece and the water attachment. The silicone tube has to be rather long so I can allow my FF2 to remain horizontal while connecting it to the water attachment.

What I've noticed is this: I can get extremely large clouds when I take hits from the FF2 using the long silicone tube attached to the mouthpiece without any water attachment.

I think using the longer tube as a mouthpiece does 2 things:

1. Drawing slowly and consistently is easier over a longer path.
2. The tube is clear so I can watch the vapor become thicker or thinner as I adjust my draw.

I think the combination of those 2 things allows me to easily get much bigger rips out of my FF2. I'm using concentrates so the clouds were plenty big already.

This is something I'm going to continue experimenting with.

I think if Firefly or Ed cough cough were to release some custom FF2 mouthpieces it could drastically change many people's experiences with this vaporizer. I think a 90 degree glass(or wood) 18mm/14mm FF2 mouthpiece attachment would be to die for. :drool:
What's the ID of the tubing you're using?

Vapenado,

The Natty Leprechaun

How many hours and bowls of use can one get on a single charge?
When I called customer service they said the ff2 should get 45 minutes of continuous use or 6-8 sessions( bowls) per battery
I was only getting 1 1/2 to 2 bowls roughly 6-9 hits per bowl depending if I start on med or high and would go thru multiple batteries a day so I sent mine in to be checked out and possibly replaced

The Natty Leprechaun,
Reactions: malsanti

b0

Cloudy...
When I called customer service they said the ff2 should get 45 minutes of continuous use or 6-8 sessions( bowls) per battery
I was only getting 1 1/2 to 2 bowls roughly 6-9 hits per bowl depending if I start on med or high and would go thru multiple batteries a day so I sent mine in to be checked out and possibly replaced

I'm having exactly the same issue with mine, there is no way I can get more than 1 or 1 1/2 if I'm lucky. Thought that the problem was in the battery, will have to try the second one...

So is this a known issue with FF2?

b0,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom