1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The FireBox

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Chad Townsend, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Chad Townsend

Chad Townsend New Member

DIY Arduino based temperature controlled desktop vaporizer

Using a 16x2 LCD display, K-Type thermister, Arduino, a relay, and some buttons, the project was completed. The chamber used to heat the herbs is from a broken puffit vaporizer.

[​IMG]

This is all temperature controlled.

[​IMG]

The final product has a very small form factor with minimal odor and looks great on the desk.

Here is a picture of the insides. The components ended up being a tight fit.

[​IMG]

If you have any questions or a wiring schematic or the code I created please message, I would be happy to respond although I will not be able to answer every question because I am not an electrical engineer.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  2. nondarb

nondarb .

Video!

Very cool and interesting setup, outside of my own wheelhouse however. I've made a few diy torch vapes and several down the 510 route but nothing as involved as this, definitely looking forward to seeing more.

3. °k

°k The sound of vapor

Now that's a very cool vape indeed! So if I understand correctly the heater is from the puffit too, right?

4. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Hi, I never noticed this thread, your vape looks very nice @Chad Townsend , could you elaborate please?

Is it conduction or convection? heating time?
    A video or some more pics of the chamber, abv and clouds would be great too!

boon likes this.
  5. whammy_time

whammy_time Member

Just joined this site after looking around for DIY ideas/projects. Super cool! I'm an avid arduino tinkerer and plan to make a pwm controlled vaporizer in the very near future. After a lot of reading about the 510 Bulli here (nichrome or titanium), I stumbled on someone mentioning halogen bulbs! My plan is to see if I can pwm them with simple 12v LED supply and an arduino/mosfet.

Anyway, just wanted to say it looks awesome and nice work! Having made some wood enclosured things myself I know how hella long that all must have taken! Do you have some pics of the chamber and working bits themselves? I don't follow how it's heating and whatnot...

Abysmal Vapor, seaofgreens and muunch like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors