1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The FireBox

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Chad Townsend, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Chad Townsend

Chad Townsend New Member

DIY Arduino based temperature controlled desktop vaporizer

Using a 16x2 LCD display, K-Type thermister, Arduino, a relay, and some buttons, the project was completed. The chamber used to heat the herbs is from a broken puffit vaporizer.

[​IMG]

This is all temperature controlled.

[​IMG]

The final product has a very small form factor with minimal odor and looks great on the desk.

Here is a picture of the insides. The components ended up being a tight fit.

[​IMG]

If you have any questions or a wiring schematic or the code I created please message, I would be happy to respond although I will not be able to answer every question because I am not an electrical engineer.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    PPN, Yoosh, Nilsson and 11 others like this.
  2. nondarb

nondarb .

Video!

Very cool and interesting setup, outside of my own wheelhouse however. I've made a few diy torch vapes and several down the 510 route but nothing as involved as this, definitely looking forward to seeing more.

3. °k

°k The sound of vapor

Now that's a very cool vape indeed! So if I understand correctly the heater is from the puffit too, right?

4. PPN

PPN Fleurs&Vapeur

Hi, I never noticed this thread, your vape looks very nice @Chad Townsend , could you elaborate please?

Is it conduction or convection? heating time?
    A video or some more pics of the chamber, abv and clouds would be great too!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors