The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

AcADIeN

Sylvain
I found one at work and this is what the ingredient is

Ingredient Isopropyl Alcohol Water Nitrogen Propellant 3

I would stay away because of propellant, while I know people look for this chemical to "huffing" I'm not sure if it leave residue when it's gone.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Read the ingredient, should be only alcohol and water, if there is something else, stay away.

I've never even seen aerosol ISO, but I'd stay away from it anyways. It's not particularly expensive for a big bottle here, and it'll last you forever if you reuse it.

It's not possible for those to be the only ingredients in an aerosol, there needs to be a propellant. It is also possible depending on origin that not all ingredients would be listed. I agree, stay away from aerosol, use the bottle.

EDIT; Just saw AcADIeN's post. Yep, a propellant. Nix on that.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: kingofnull

Kommyknocker

Thanks guys. Does a great job of cleaning that's for sure, don't worry I rinse the shit out of cleaned pieces and give them a nice burn off too. It doesn't have ingredients, doesn't look dodgy though. Still I'll order some normal bottled iso tonight. Thanks again.

Kommyknocker,
It's not possible for those to be the only ingredients in an aerosol, there needs to be a propellant. It is also possible depending on origin that not all ingredients would be listed. I agree, stay away from aerosol, use the bottle.

EDIT; Just saw AcADIeN's post. Yep, a propellant. Nix on that.

Unless it's an old fashioned squirt bottle and not an aerosol can.

kingofnull,

oldiebutgoodie

I had posted earlier re using a Cloud HT atop the Q with a female/male adapter along with a Cloud ELB inserted into the male end of the adapter, i.e., as it fits into the Cloud joint. The intent was to get a nice GonG piece working with the Q w/o need of a whip or using the Q inverted.

Unfortunately, so far the theory is much better than the result. The problem is with the air ratio - just way too much air. Clearly I am getting at least some of the intended turbulence in the ELB. But the vapor is very light. I haven't been able to figure out a good way to throttle it. I suppose I could try blocking part of the grill at the bottom, but I'm doubtful that will work. I'm open to suggestions.

oldiebutgoodie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OBG, could you use the Cyclone bowl along with one of these?
1zz5jcx.jpg

:peace:

Stu,

dannkk

Thanks guys. Does a great job of cleaning that's for sure, don't worry I rinse the shit out of cleaned pieces and give them a nice burn off too. It doesn't have ingredients, doesn't look dodgy though. Still I'll order some normal bottled iso tonight. Thanks again.

You should be able to get ISO at any drug store. Same alcohol people use to clean cuts and stuff. Only issue you might have is finding 99%. Most of them only stock 91% and/or 70%.

dannkk,

oldiebutgoodie

OBG, could you use the Cyclone bowl along with one of these?

Thx, Stu. That was my first attempt. I tried using a Q elbow pack but there was a lot of drag, just like with the usual elbow pack, and one of my objectives was to reduce that. When I tried the ELB inverted in the adapter, too much air which was why I tried the single female/male config. I'm going to give the cyclone/adapter combination another try though.

As an aside, the ELB fits perfectly into the ALT male/male adapter, but is very difficult with the ALT male/female adapter. I guess that in typical use it doesn't matter that the ID's are not precise, but that sure was a frustrating discovery.

oldiebutgoodie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, I've noticed that the IDs for a lot of these adapters vary quite a bit (as do dimensions for length).

Keep us posted on your results.:tup:

:peace:

Stu,

oldiebutgoodie

Keep us posted on your results . . .

Well I gave another go at the cyclone/male adapter config. With ~.15 load in the ELB, temp at 200C, and a hefty pull, I can get a cloud. But I'm ambivalent about the result. :science: To some extent that's the fault of the Cloud; I've gotten spoiled with it and so I'm probably sub-consciously comparing. If someone already has an HT, probably worth giving it a try; maybe even if that means springing for the adapter. But no way is it worth buying an HT for, not with the setups I've tried anyway.

oldiebutgoodie,

Kommyknocker

Would stacking a fuck load of screens somewhere aid in lowering the amount of air whilst still allowing a lot of heat to be brought with whatever air does make it? I sure would love you to figure a way around it since you cant get clouds here in the UK yet :(

Kommyknocker,

oldiebutgoodie

Would stacking a fuck load of screens somewhere aid in lowering the amount of air whilst still allowing a lot of heat to be brought with whatever air does make it? I sure would love you to figure a way around it since you cant get clouds here in the UK yet :(

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll noodle on that but offhand I don't see how that would make a difference. The Q's air intake is wide open, the path only narrows at the heater enclosure which is ~13mm in diameter. The air ratio changes inside the cyclone due to the elbow/screen which creates back pressure; this is what creates the "cyclone effect" turbulence. So when the Q is hit, or if using the fan, the elbow/screen is in effect throttling. With the HT/ELB config I compensated for the higher air ratio by raising the temp, sufficient to vaporize but still not at all dense. If you use a Q elbow-pack in the adapter instead of the ELB, as I did in my first attempt, you can get the density just as you would ordinarily with the Q - but then, there is also that same extra drag, so the only added-value you are getting is the HT GonG connection in lieu of connecting to a glass piece via whip. IMO not worth the $ unless you already have the pieces.

It appears that to really get the benefits designed into the ELB/HT you need the Cloud's heat chamber, or as described on the Cloud website: "the sophisticated heat reflector improves the thermal mass allowing the user to inhale as softly or strongly as desired wihout affecting the vapor density". Even if we could overcome the air ratio problem, we would still not get this result, i.e., density would still just be a function of how hard a pull.

Sorry. :ugh:

oldiebutgoodie,

Kommyknocker

Back to the drawing board I guess Obg. My eq is most likely taking a backseat soon enough as I just ordered a solo. Should be here monday I hope.

Edit: Obg what would the effect be if you were to get some washers sitting atop the lip inside the cyclone, enough to narrow the profile the air can past. I have no clue as to how exchange or retention of heat would be effected. I dont know.. just trying to think a little out if the box I guess.

oldiebutgoodie

Back to the drawing board I guess Obg. My eq is most likely taking a backseat soon enough as I just ordered a solo. Should be here monday I hope.

Edit: Obg what would the effect be if you were to get some washers sitting atop the lip inside the cyclone, enough to narrow the profile the air can past. I have no clue as to how exchange or retention of heat would be effected. I dont know.. just trying to think a little out if the box I guess.

Thanks. The washers seem like a good idea, I'll take a look. :science:

oldiebutgoodie,

Kommyknocker

Yeah hopefully the washers turn out to act as a "sophisticated heat reflector that improves the thermal mass allowing the user to inhale as softly or strongly as desired wihout affecting the vapor density".. lol fingers crossed.

Kommyknocker,

oldiebutgoodie

Yeah hopefully the washers turn out to act as a "sophisticated heat reflector that improves the thermal mass allowing the user to inhale as softly or strongly as desired wihout affecting the vapor density".. lol fingers crossed.

I'm afraid that's hoping against hope. :ko: But if it just changes the ratio enough and adds enough heat retention to enable lowering the temp setting, it may at least make the setup acceptable. We shall see.

oldiebutgoodie,

Kommyknocker

I wait with baited breath.

Off topic: I think I just made my buddies day by informing him he is getting promoted to offical caretaker of my lovely companian the EQ whilst I exclusively try out my solo(hoping Mon/tues. I swear that dude best not try and kiss me when I hand it to him lol. I also purchased two spare elbows, a tuff bowl and four Arizer bags(best I've used)
So all in all he is set up pretty well. I will NEVER get rid if my trusty EQ as it was the turning point in my herb consumption and reminds me of first discovering this truly awesome forum.

Oh and on your recommendations I ordered 5litres of ISO. 1 litre was £10 whilst £22 got me 5 so, score!!

Kommyknocker,
Nice, I'm looking forward to doing another wash in a couple of days.

Best use for QWISO vapor-hash IME is to sandwich it between either fresh flowers or ABV. I can't believe how many hits I got off .1 g of this stuff.

kingofnull,

Kommyknocker

Cannot wait to try some reclaim hash. Just sucks i gotta wait til iso gets here and cant use the aerosol iso I've been using for cleaning. My elbows are looking like a couple of real dirtys for sure.

Edit: how much do you usually get from a wash KingofNull, also how long you go before cleaning and how much material is generally used before you think. Mmmm reclaim?

Kommyknocker,

oldiebutgoodie

Just passing this along in ref to earlier discussion re "aerosol" iso, . . . here is the MSDS sheet confirming our suspicion. In addition to propanol (an iso isomer), it contains difluoroethan. This is the refrigerant propellant gas. It's what makes the can get cold. If you (very carefully) spray into a mostly closed container, you can see the difluoroethan convert from gas to liquid, crystalize, and adhere to surfaces. This chemical is clearly a cardiac hazard.

http://www.mgchemicals.com/downloads/msds/english/824-aerosol.pdf

oldiebutgoodie,

Kommyknocker

Thank Obg.. don't mess about with my health much so.. FC has saved me from a heart attack. Can't thank you enough guys. Still safe to clean with?

Kommyknocker,

harmudge

Hi guy's first post here and doing the usual newbie thing..."HELP"...lol.

I received my Extreme Q a few days ago, and have been trying to get this vaping sussed for the past day or so...and tbh I'm not convinced...(usual newbie comment).

A little history so you can see where I'm at :-

I had owned a vapureyes vaporiser for a few years prior to getting the Q but had never really used it, bar the initial try out after purchase and once or twice...here and there.
I just felt the feeling of satisfaction wasn't there...and at that time I was smoking analogue cigs too, so was looking for that th etc.

So I stopped smoking analogue cigs a few weeks back and I am now vaping e-liquid, so I was looking for a cleaner way to consume my favourite remedies also...so out comes the Vapureyes again...I toyed with it again and did get some decent vape but the satisfaction feeling still really wasn't there for me.

I thought, maybe I need a more powerful machine ??

So I ordered an Extreme Q after reading some decent reviews of the machine.

The box arrives and I initiate the procedure described below after doing an initial 260c burn for 20mins or so to clear any residue etc -
I let it warm up above the temp I'm wanting to vape at for 10min's or so,
I grind up my herb,
I place the Cyclone Bowl on the core and allow to warm for another 5mins or so...then I either pack the elbow bowl tightly or I fairly loosely, pack the Cyclone Bowl...and then place either bowls in position and allow to warm for another 5min's or so...then I vape.

Now, I'm getting vape but it's fairly inconsistent...sometimes a decent cloud of vapour...sometimes fairly poor.
I'm starting at 190 and working up in 10's to 230 etc...but still I'm thinking...going by what I've read...there has to be more than this...I'm not expecting clouds like smoking analogues but I hope vaping get's better than this...where am I going wrong, I'm thinking.

I have to make this work...the Mrs will kill me if I shelf this thing and don't use it...lol...the cost of this, plus what I have spent on e-cigs in the past couple of weeks is un-real...so no option of shelfing.
Also, I can only afford to smoke 1 deal a week, and I keep that for my quiet time at the weekends after my kid is in bed...so I need to make what I have last and enjoy every scrap of it...lol...so it get's a little annoying not getting the satisfaction feeling you are looking for when you are on a limit.

So if anyone could direct me to anything worth reading or watching in my quest to properly use the Q it would be much appreciated.

harmudge,
Cannot wait to try some reclaim hash. Just sucks i gotta wait til iso gets here and cant use the aerosol iso I've been using for cleaning. My elbows are looking like a couple of real dirtys for sure.

Edit: how much do you usually get from a wash KingofNull, also how long you go before cleaning and how much material is generally used before you think. Mmmm reclaim?

I wait until I can't see through the elbow glass, but you could soak it at any time, you'll still get some amount after evaporation. As for an amount? Not much. I didn't weigh last time but I will next. About enough to fill an EQ elbow, I'd say.

I've started keeping my 99% iso in a glass jar. Now I just drop in the glass pieces whenever they get a little dirty. I'll save the alcohol for a larger batch of QWISO in the future.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom