The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

HUMGUY1

Can anyone recommend an on-line retailer who sells medical grade tubing? I just spent 45 minutes going through the thread and using the search tool but couldn't find what I'm looking for. There are references to the tubing being 5/16" or 0.3125. Is that the inner dimension?
Thanks in advance

HUMGUY1,

VisiblyVaped

No clue, I just buy replacement parts from GV. Some helpful gentleman on here will probably answer....

VisiblyVaped,
I finally got around to washing my elbow pieces. Hopefully I'll have some decent QWISO hash tomorrow morning :D

kingofnull,
Well, when I was using a box vape I would just take a bamboo skewer and scrape it out. But since the EQ has a bent elbow instead of a straight wand, I just soaked all pieces in a Ziploc with 99% iso alcohol. Gave it a couple of shakes, then used a toothpick to pry loose any bits that didn't shake free. Poured the golden iso alcohol into a Pyrex dish. Now I have to wait till it evaporates. Then I'll just scrape up the "hash" with a razor blade.

I know some folks pour the iso through a coffee filter before evaporating but a.) I don't want to lose anything in the filter, b.) I don't think it's necessary and c.) I have no coffee filters since switching to French press/pour over coffee.

It's probably worth saving your iso in a sealed jar though and just reusing it each time to extract more from your glass... but I just couldn't wait, I've been waiting to make some QWISO since I got the EQ.

Can anyone recommend an on-line retailer who sells medical grade tubing? I just spent 45 minutes going through the thread and using the search tool but couldn't find what I'm looking for. There are references to the tubing being 5/16" or 0.3125. Is that the inner dimension?
Thanks in advance
5/16" ID 7/16" OD
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&clickid=redirect

kingofnull,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I use the same tubing as Stu posted. Note the spec. 5/16" is the ID.

oldiebutgoodie,
How do you recover the hash properly? ive heard so many ways...

Well, I just scraped my Pyrex dish and got an impressive amount of QWISO hash. I'll weigh it later, but it looks like enough for one big elbow hit, or 2-3 bowl toppings. I think I'll save it for tonight. It should put me straight to sleep.

It actually smells really great; very kush-y. I was worried that I wouldn't get anything, as the alcohol had nearly evaporated by the time I went to sleep and the dish still looked clear.

I think in future I will keep my alcohol in a glass jar and just reuse each time I clean.

kingofnull,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Here have an ABV photo after 3-min 3-hit fixed temp (205°C I choose you) session.
I've captured the whole session on bad camera (I will post the video later).
These mini sessions normally take even less time because of no camera handling.
ABV gets darker if I pull a bit slower or set 210°C temp.
And are they satisfying... :nod:
Uncooked sample for color comparison (lightly cooked ABV), scissors for size comparison:
rwnkef.jpg

I worry about alcohol residue on the hash for some reason...
I didn't notice any. Haven't vaped it yet as I just got in a new strain, but I did smoke a tiny bit of it just to try. Damn heavy stone. Definitely worth doing - I'll definitely keep a wash jar for days when I'm running low or need some more CBD/CBN

kingofnull,

Espo

Isopropyl alcohol will completely evaporate. There won't be any left as long as you give it enough time.

Yes I did this over the weekend with some shake I had and tried a second 'wash' with some bubble hash. I also used a second pyrex dish (larger than the first), filled it with boiling water and put the smaller one in it to speed the evaporation process up.
I did not know you can do this with the ABV! I was keeping my ABV to make some butter/edibles but I would rather do an ISO wash and get some sticky oil.

Today is the day guys, I am going to decide which Vape I want for home use and order by the end of the day so I can have it by the weekend. The Extreme Q is high on my list as of right now.

Espo,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
I worry about alcohol residue on the hash for some reason...

FYI : Alcohol isopropyl 99 % contain 99 % of alcohol and 1 % of water. Alcohol and water does evaporate without leaving residue.

Just make sure you get the isopropyl one

here the 2 kind of alcohol

Ethyl rubbing alcohol
-acetone, denatonium benzoate, methyl isobutyl ketone, water

Isopropyl alcohol
-water

AcADIeN,
Reactions: al bundy

AcADIeN

Sylvain
Can't Everclear be used for this purpose, too (although less efficient)?

Everclear (191 proof) is 95.6 % ethanol and 4.4% water, 151 is 75.5 ethanol and 24.5% water.

Ethanol should not leave a residue, if it is pure enough, neither water.

For those who don't know what's everclear

Everclear is the brand name of a colorless, unflavored distilled bottled at two different high strengths: 151- and 190-proof, meaning respectively 75.5% and 95% alcohol by volume.(wiki)

So it would work no problem, maybe you can try to evaporate like an oz of everyclear to see if it leave any residue on a mirror or something like that.

AcADIeN,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Very cool, Seek. I'd never thought of using my tuffbowl this way. It's like it has a foreskin that way. :lol: I've always left mine circumcised, but will definitely be trying this next time I break out the Q.:rockon:

:peace:

Stu,
Is the tuff bowl worth it? I've had mine about a month and never had an issue with the cyclone. I have carpet in the bedroom, which is the only place I vape with my EQ in the house, other than my office which is also carpeted.

kingofnull,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
kingofnull: I've bought the tuff bowl after one cyclone broke after falling half meter on hard floor. But they're durable, I've seen them survive much worse falls and rolls on concrete...

200°C is enough to make ABV very dark in 2 hits, but needs slower hitting than in the vid.
Making this bowl is very easy, needs just one domed screen. Every EQ comes with 2 spare and 2 in elbows if not only mine.
Needs to be shaped to fit the hole in the cyclone bowl perfectly:
25hztzr.png

I have nice photos of my shaped screen here.

Kommyknocker

Yeah seek, getting a little cage down beneath the usual lip is the first thing i did after testing all the stock parts only finding out later you'd done this too. Still gotta get round to filing or drilling back the lip though. Then a crappy grinder I got with it fell apart(it was a shitty thing that looked like a battery) but hey i had a cheap 4 piece anyhow which has since been turned into the titanium space case! Anyhow, the large gauze that would've collected Kief came free and is now a sitting as a variable cage beneath the lip. By variable i mean, since the screen is big enough to not allow herb to fall past its sides and its holes are pretty small as it came from a grinder, I'm able to slide it as close to the heater as I like which only serves to free up more space to basically pack a cyclone amount but giving vapor like an elbow. The fact that my cyclone isn't delipped probably helps create a little oven.

Note: most of the time conserving isn't top priority for me, this way can get though a lot of greens.

Edit: to stop herb flying up and clogging the elbow I just drop a spare elbow screen into the cyclone to cover the lipped hole.

I've also used normal screens to allow much greater loads to be used in the elbow joint by shaping them like an elbow screen and using them in place of said elbow screen. Since there isn't a metal lip I can push it further up into the elbow.
Probably similar to using the clouds elbs on the eq i guess.

^^how many elbows does one paragraph need huh? Lol^^

Last edit i promise. When reclaiming with iso does it matter if the iso comes in aresol form? It still forms a liquid when shot into a glass.. is there anything in this thats not in ISO when its liquid only? Thanks.

Kommyknocker,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
Last edit i promise. When reclaiming with iso does it matter if the iso comes in aresol form? It still forms a liquid when shot into a glass.. is there anything in this thats not in ISO when its liquid only? Thanks.

Read the ingredient, should be only alcohol and water, if there is something else, stay away.

AcADIeN,
I've never even seen aerosol ISO, but I'd stay away from it anyways. It's not particularly expensive for a big bottle here, and it'll last you forever if you reuse it.

kingofnull,
Top Bottom