The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
This is going to be like my 6 or 7th extreme I think (inc. v3')... for some reason I just keep coming back to it, but i think price has a big part to do with it, and value for money since it IS an effective aromatherapy diffuser which I think i'll use it most for, especially after I get my cloud.

Yea, I'm certain that the Cloud is going to be my daily driver. But I'll still be using the Q for bags in social situations - I can't trust my Cloud in the hands of certain friends. :rolleyes:

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Yea, I'm certain that the Cloud is going to be my daily driver. But I'll still be using the Q for bags in social situations - I can't trust my Cloud in the hands of certain friends. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Hey, you just need a Solo in your collection and you're all good :)

vape4life,

gotlucy

i have an extreme, i dont think its the q, is there an easy way for me to tell? mine pretty much looks like the pic, any difference in ID? TIA

gotlucy,

oldiebutgoodie

i have an extreme, i dont think its the q, is there an easy way for me to tell? mine pretty much looks like the pic, any difference in ID? TIA

There are pics of the two here as well as comparisons, or google is your friend . . . there are 4 versions in all. Here's a pic side-by-side, the easiest way to tell is the height, the casing, and the display. There is actually more than 1 version of the Q, but the differences are small and internal, so they are all considered to be the same 4th generation "Q" vs the previous Extreme's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arizer-Glas...Tower-Vaporizers-/380413852734#ht_2359wt_1398

oldiebutgoodie,

m0j0h4nd

I can confirm that the model I received today does in fact allow you to adjust the temp by 1 degree at a time.

Now I just have to figure out how to use it. :)

m0j0h4nd,

oldiebutgoodie

I can confirm that the model I received today does in fact allow you to adjust the temp by 1 degree at a time.

I don't get the 1 degree increments - vaporizers and vaporizing is just not that precise. Maybe I'm missing something. Let us know if you find that to be a new "feature" (or not).

oldiebutgoodie,

m0j0h4nd

I don't get the 1 degree increments - vaporizers and vaporizing is just not that precise. Maybe I'm missing something. Let us know if you find that to be a new "feature" (or not).

Honestly I have nothing to compare it to and no real experience with vapor so I doubt I'll have anything good to add on whether it's a beneficial feature or not. I just thought I would confirm it since it was discussed earlier.

m0j0h4nd,

oldiebutgoodie

Honestly I have nothing to compare it to and no real experience with vapor so I doubt I'll have anything good to add on whether it's a beneficial feature or not. I just thought I would confirm it since it was discussed earlier.

Right. And, well, that does confirm that there is a 2012 "update". Thanks.

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Right. And, well, that does confirm that there is a 2012 "update". Thanks.

Huge props to KJ for the next day shipping! Mine also has the 1 degree increments, I dunno maybe looks a little darker....the temp is a pain....i keep pressing it twice thinking it's going up 10 degrees like I was used to, but obviously only goes up 2, so you have to keep pressing, or hold and overshoot lol It works perfect as it should, good deal indeed.

vape4life,

m0j0h4nd

Huge props to KJ for the next day shipping! Mine also has the 1 degree increments, I dunno maybe looks a little darker....the temp is a pain....i keep pressing it twice thinking it's going up 10 degrees like I was used to, but obviously only goes up 2, so you have to keep pressing, or hold and overshoot lol It works perfect as it should, good deal indeed.

Use the remote more. It has 10 degree increments for the 200-230 range.

m0j0h4nd,

Calad

Hey guys, so I seem to be having an issue with my Extreme Q. Earlier i had turned it on to warm it up and put it in use. Turned it on and set it to the desired temperature and everything was fine. I ran to the bathroom and came back a minute later and the Extreme Q was off (i was thinking to myself that i definitely turned this on what is going on). I touched the cyclone bowl and it was slightly hot, but the power wasn't on. The cords were all plugged and everything was set up how it normally was. Still confused, i tried powering it back on... nothing. Tried a different outlet even though the power supply LED was glowing bright green and still nothing. Anyone have an idea of whats up?

Calad,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Turned my Q on in the morning for an early vape, and my BW bubb was looking badass with the Q lights behind it....so i took a pic :)

2012-03-09061238.jpg

oldiebutgoodie

Hey guys, so I seem to be having an issue with my Extreme Q. Earlier i had turned it on to warm it up and put it in use. Turned it on and set it to the desired temperature and everything was fine. I ran to the bathroom and came back a minute later and the Extreme Q was off (i was thinking to myself that i definitely turned this on what is going on). I touched the cyclone bowl and it was slightly hot, but the power wasn't on. The cords were all plugged and everything was set up how it normally was. Still confused, i tried powering it back on... nothing. Tried a different outlet even though the power supply LED was glowing bright green and still nothing. Anyone have an idea of whats up?

Just to be clear . . . when you say "the power wasn't on", what you mean is that it wasn't heating up, right? Even though when you were out of the room it had at least started to heat up? And when you unplugged/re-connected you got *no* heat whatsoever even though the p/s light glows? What happens if you turn on the fan? And be sure you are using the controls on the face place, not the remote. And is the LED display lighting up and showing a temp; what is it?

oldiebutgoodie,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
Anyone know how long RockWise is going to have that limited time pricing on the new 2012 models on eBay? I'm looking into buying a bag vape soon and right now it's either the Q or the Herbelaire, and at less than 160 with shipping i'm definitely leaning towards the Q

TwztedVaper,

oldiebutgoodie

Anyone know how long RockWise is going to have that limited time pricing on the new 2012 models on eBay? I'm looking into buying a bag vape soon and right now it's either the Q or the Herbelaire, and at less than 160 with shipping i'm definitely leaning towards the Q

Ask him. :)

I presume you're aware of the comparisons here. Fwiw, from what I've read, the HA blows a pretty intense bag given its pump and is very efficient cooking the herb, but on the other hand some find the teflon pieces annoying and of course it's not all glass like the Q. I seriously considered the HA mostly for the pump, but the Q's glass and simpler setup and remote, and the much better whip system and flexibility, swayed me to the Q. Just my :2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

Calad

Just to be clear . . . when you say "the power wasn't on", what you mean is that it wasn't heating up, right? Even though when you were out of the room it had at least started to heat up? And when you unplugged/re-connected you got *no* heat whatsoever even though the p/s light glows? What happens if you turn on the fan? And be sure you are using the controls on the face place, not the remote. And is the LED display lighting up and showing a temp; what is it?

Before i left the room, the extreme Q was 100% fully functional (Heating Element, Face plate, lights etc). When i came back the EQ would not power on at all. I would use both the face plate and the remote and it was responsive to neither of them. Again according to the power converter thing the green LED on it is on so it should be receiving power, except it isn't.

Calad,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Don't take it as a given that the power supply works just because of the green light. You still may have a broken cord that's giving enough energy for that light and nothing else. It's worth having a proper look at the power supply for loose wires and such. Also, it's a long shot, but have you another appliance with the same power supply? Or what about a variable voltage power adaptor with multiple ends? Worth eliminating that possibility before looking at the unit imo.

J.R.R.Tokin',

oldiebutgoodie

Don't take it as a given that the power supply works just because of the green light. You still may have a broken cord that's giving enough energy for that light and nothing else. It's worth having a proper look at the power supply for loose wires and such. Also, it's a long shot, but have you another appliance with the same power supply? Or what about a variable voltage power adaptor with multiple ends? Worth eliminating that possibility before looking at the unit imo.

I agree. The first probability is the power supply. That the LED lights up only indicates that it is receiving AC. But it's transformer may have died and so it is not converting the current, or another electrical failure. You should also carefully inspect the thin cable from the p/s to the Q, if there is a break inside the shielding that will interrupt the current. You could also remove the bottom plate of the Q to inspect where the power connector attaches to the board. There are pics somewhere here of the guts; unfortunately old links don't work with this new forum software and I couldn't find the post with Search to see how the connection is mounted. That said, unless there is a plug connector dislodged it probably would be impossible to tell visually; if it's a broken solder joint it's unlikely you can see it. Or it could be a component on the board that has failed. If you don't find something wrong on the p/s itself or on the board itself, then I'd fire off an email to Kevin at Arizer. A replacement p/s isn't very expensive, and if it turned out the problem is with the unit and not the p/s, Arizer would probably take the p/s back along with you shipping the Q to them for repair.

As far as using another p/s, Arizer's is pretty standard. But be aware that if you use another p/s with a different rating you do run the risk of frying the board.

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
It's been a while since I used the EQ.... it was Solo exclusively for a while. Holy crap, I can't believe how much vapour this thing can produce and how "cool" it is, presumably due to a 3ft whip? I don't feel ANY discomfort or heat and can actually hold the vapour in longer.... if this is a sample of what the Cloud will be like oh boy! lol Solo is a great portable, but for daily driver for me personally EQ > Solo by a landslide. It's been fun playing with bags too, and I used to HATE bags.

vape4life,

oldiebutgoodie

It's been a while since I used the EQ.... it was Solo exclusively for a while. Holy crap, I can't believe how much vapour this thing can produce and how "cool" it is, presumably due to a 3ft whip? I don't feel ANY discomfort or heat and can actually hold the vapour in longer.... if this is a sample of what the Cloud will be like oh boy! lol Solo is a great portable, but for daily driver for me personally EQ > Solo by a landslide. It's been fun playing with bags too, and I used to HATE bags.

There's a reason it's one of the more popular vapes. ;)

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
There's a reason it's one of the more popular vapes. ;)

Forsure, although I still worry a little about the airpath. But after the burn in I have had no odd smells whatsoever. It has worked perfectly and has been logging some decent use.

I used to always clean the tubing with iso and hot water rinse and never ever had an issue. I have recently read that iso can leech into it and then offgas, is this correct? How do you clean it? Hot soapy water work?

vape4life,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
At about a buck a foot, replacement tubing is better than cleaning IMO. The silicone is much better than the stock vinyl, too. I wouldn't even mess with cleaning tubing, but if I did, I would not use iso.
:2c:

Stu,

vape4life

Banned for life
At about a buck a foot, replacement tubing is better than cleaning IMO. The silicone is much better than the stock vinyl, too. I wouldn't even mess with cleaning tubing, but if I did, I would not use iso.
:2c:

thanks dude, the problem is that I like really clean stuff, so replacing would mean i'd have to let it get pretty gross first.

Does the silicone have a taste or smell to it?

vape4life,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have not detected any smell from silicone, while the vinyl imo does have some taste associated with it. I buy the 25' roll on Amazon and just cut off a couple of feet at a time when needed. If you don't like the look (or taste) of your whip, just toss it and pop on a new one. It literally takes less than a minute, and only a couple bucks for each swap out.

Edit: Here is the stuff I use. http://www.amazon.com/White-Silicon...WTSY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1331344822&sr=8-6

Stu,
Top Bottom