The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

sharkvszombie299

Just got my extreme q today. Definitly stoked that my migrant triple disc is 18mm and the bag slide fits perfect. I'll have to post some pictures tomorrow.

sharkvszombie299,

greasewizard

Greeting all.

I'm a bit new to these forums here, only recently discovering them through an undisclosed source of information. I've been into vaporizers for a while now as I used to dream of having a really great unit, I would build homemade vaporizers using a facial sauna. Well my first real unit was a vaporite hyper. It was alright...I just can't believe it lived 4 years. The heat sensor broke and the pre-temp was stuck on 343C sometimes. Plus the internal component were shotty chinese makes, what with the air flow passing into electrical parts. Also I've had for sometime now the vapor genie for portable use.

Anyways. My female companion bought me on my date of birth...an extreme q vape. I am so unbelievably stoned.

greasewizard,

vape4life

Banned for life
I use a 400w inverter and it works great, as long as the car is running. My old v-tower classic (without fan) would run fine even if the car wasn't running. Maybe I need a better inverter.

AcADIeN said:
anyone used this vap with a car adapter ?

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
It is quiet...mine was defective and I had it replaced and now this one is perfect, quiet as a mouse. Been using it for a week without issue.

I do notice that it doesn't hold its temp very well, but i'm being anal...like by a degree. I mean if I set it to like 200, it will show 199 most of the time. I guess the thermostat is very sensitive.

vaporizer_man said:
Vape4Life -

I've read elsewhere in this thread that the Q was very quiet and that was a big advantage. Yours is not?

vape4life said:
thanks pakalolo! regardless, since it wasn't in this thread then now is a good time to bring it up, since essentially the Extreme is a different (now obsolete) vaporizer.

My last Q did this a bit so i'm not overly concerned. But this one squeels like a pig! It's very intermittent, and if I apply pressure with the bowl, or push slightly to one side, the high pitch goes away. I'm just curious if this is something I could fix, or if I need to send it in for repair?

This Q is anything but Quiet!!! It's actually quite annoying, and for a brand new one out of the box, and have had this problem before, it's kind of disappointing.

Also when increasing the temperature, why does it dip momentarily by several degrees? My last Q did that too, but the Extreme didn't. Guess it has to do with those 3 temp sensors, although IMO increasing the temp should only make the temp go one way -- up, right away.

vape4life,

Canarka

^ You're being far too anal.

I set mine to 200C, and it goes to 201C, drops back to 200, and back to 201..etc).

"I do notice that it doesn't hold its temp very well" is quite the harsh statement.

Canarka,

heyfromhell

Hi everyone, I just ordered an Extreme Q after reading up on this thread. I have never vaped before and can't wait until I get my Extreme Q in the mail. You guys helped me make up my mind while reading through this thread, though I'm currently on page 37; I still have plenty of time to read while waiting for it to arrive :).

I have a few questions about smoking hash with the Extreme Q. I read in this thread that you can smoke hash mixed with weed in the elbow pack method with the hash being in middle like a sandwich. Is this the only way to smoke hash with the Extreme Q? Can you smoke hash by itself? Does it clog up the screens?

I'm so stoked to get my vape in the mail so I'm going to go back to reading the rest of the thread while waiting(its only day 2 of order confirmed lol), and maybe I'll find the answers to my questions.

Thanks for the great community here, you guys are the best and really helped me find a good vaporizer for many countless vape sessions that are waiting to come :p

heyfromhell,

vape4life

Banned for life
You're right, I should have worded that differently as the Q holds its temperature very well. It's just with past Q's i've owned it would stay bang on the temp, with the very odd fluctuation by a degree on either side of the set temp. With my new Q it seems to be the rule rather than exception to "hold on" to the set temp exactly.

It's not a big deal, same as I don't understand how I can up the temp from 200 to say 215 or 220, and the lcd readout drops to like 190 and starts climbing from there?

Canarka said:
^ You're being far too anal.

I set mine to 200C, and it goes to 201C, drops back to 200, and back to 201..etc).

"I do notice that it doesn't hold its temp very well" is quite the harsh statement.

vape4life,

Canarka

vape4life said:
It's not a big deal, same as I don't understand how I can up the temp from 200 to say 215 or 220, and the lcd readout drops to like 190 and starts climbing from there?

I can't say I experience this at all. If I'm at 200C, and up to 220C, it goes from 200C and heats to 220. Never does it dip under the original 200C.

Canarka,

Shiz

Canarka said:
I can't say I experience this at all. If I'm at 200C, and up to 220C, it goes from 200C and heats to 220. Never does it dip under the original 200C.
Same here. No temp issues at all.

Shiz,

Canarka

Pappy said:
Vapor bonging elbows I rarely go above 200 these days.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong (And please do correct me if I am) but I have a lot of trouble producing nice clouds of vapor using a bong (Packing elbows at 190-210C) compared to the wand method where I to get huge rips.

It seems to me like I have to do a whole lot more pulling to get about 50% less vapor then just using the wand directly. I've tried pulling quickly, pulling slowly. Pulling slowly worked far better for me but it seems like I had to do one giant slow lung-full of "Brewing" to fill the bong, then exhale air, then inhale the vapor. Feels like a lot more work then the direct wand to mouth injection.

The bong I use is about 36" tall, dual tree perculated. I know I don't have an air leak anywhere either.

Am I missing something?

Canarka,

Canarka

Shiz said:
I hate to do it but wtf... this might actually help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geH6pod0Ds

That was 220c but close enough. I was using the cyclone bowl and not the elbow. How does that compare to what you're getting?

I'm definitely getting less vapor. I'm using a much bigger bong however. Your hits seem to be thicker even though you're using a cyclone bowl; I've heard that elbow hits are supposed to be thicker.

I'll get a video of my vape + bong going later tonight.

Canarka,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nice vid, Shiz. Gotta love Dave Chappelle in the background :lol:

I think we need to take into consideration the temp differences here. There is quite a difference between say 190 and 220 and the vapor produced will reflect that. If you were at 200 or 190 you wouldn't get the same amount of vapor imho. Maybe you should do some more "research"?? :brow:

Stu,

Canarka

Stu said:
I think we need to take into consideration the temp differences here. There is quite a difference between say 190 and 220 and the vapor produced will reflect that. If you were at 200 or 190 you wouldn't get the same amount of vapor imho. Maybe you should do some more "research"?? :brow:

As soon as my shift at work is done me and my friend "Hempstar" are going to do a bit more research ;)

Canarka,

Shiz

Canarka said:
I'm definitely getting less vapor. I'm using a much bigger bong however. Your hits seem to be thicker even though you're using a cyclone bowl; I've heard that elbow hits are supposed to be thicker.

I'll get a video of my vape + bong going later tonight.
Holy shit I didn't see the 36" part. That mini beaker is 4 times smaller at only 8.5".

I tried it for a while but I don't like using the elbow much for 2 reasons. Both of which are viewed as positives for some people. It constricts the airflow too much for me causing me to use more lung power. I actually clear the elbow halfway through my sessions to keep the airflow unclogged. I also like the cyclone bowl because I can easily pick it up and shake it as my stir method every few rips. This is the most enjoyable method for me and as you can see I get pretty good rips.

Shiz,

Canarka

Shiz said:
I tried it for a while but I don't like using the elbow much for 2 reasons. Both of which are viewed as positives for some people. It constricts the airflow too much for me causing me to use more lung power. I actually clear the elbow halfway through my sessions to keep the airflow unclogged. I also like the cyclone bowl because I can easily pick it up and shake it as my stir method every few rips. This is the most enjoyable method for me and as you can see I get pretty good rips.

Hmmm you do bring up a good point. So tonight I have a few tests to do.

1. Elbow pack method + Bong
i) 200C
ii) 220C

2. Cyclone bowl method + Bong
i) 190C
ii) 200C
iii) 210C

I dont think that the cyclone bowl needs to be turned up as high as the material sits closer to the heater element. I'll give all of these methods a try. Heck, I'll even go as far as weighing the material to see if there is any difference in efficiency.

Should be a good night of research. :D

Canarka,

Shiz

Stu said:
Nice vid, Shiz. Gotta love Dave Chappelle in the background :lol:

Thanks. I love Chappelle.

You're right. You definitely get more vapor the higher you go. I usually start at 190 and work my way up as the hits start to decrease but hey...I've only been doing this for a short 3 months and I'm still learning every single day. I'm gettin in some more "research" right now bro. :science:

Shiz,

AcADIeN

Sylvain
vape4life said:
I use a 400w inverter and it works great, as long as the car is running. My old v-tower classic (without fan) would run fine even if the car wasn't running. Maybe I need a better inverter.

AcADIeN said:
anyone used this vap with a car adapter ?

so you're telling me that I need at least 400w ? I'm wondering how much w it use, I saw that it use 19 volt, but nothing about watt.

AcADIeN,
Top Bottom