The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Still on my T-break. Using more tea like extractions with my EQ and starting to really appreciate the lower end of temperature range of this unit.
Just what kind of T-break did you think I meant? :lol: And why are your pupils so dialated?
Made a mix with Tazo's Calm chamomile, lemon grass and some lemon balm from the co-op and got some stress relief. :chill: Used my SCS to break up the mix to make it finer.
150c and the 18mm tall glass works well for this. But I preheated the glass at 230c and let it drop to 155c before adding my blend.

So I actually used the EQ for what the literature intended. ;) But my FC knowledge and the additional 'limited 18mm F/F' that comes with the Full mod kit on Ebay did the trick.
Just buy the full mod kit. If you plan on going wide and modular like I do. :science: The stock cyclone bowl would not have been as effective as the more open throat setup with DDave's Tall glass and improved screen. Since I am branching out to aromatherapy/alternative medicine extraction, this setup was the perfect fit.
Here is the description I copied from the ebay listing for the 'Cyclone DDave clone'.

The DDave Mod V2 & NEW DDave Mini Mod for Arizer EQ and VTower Vaporizers For a limited time, kit also includes: <------The additional 18mm being the one I am referring to
  • Two additional DDave Adapters - both 18mm & 14mm. (Tall, comparable to OEM Cyclone Bowl, for lighter sessions).

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Still on my T-break. Using more tea like extractions with my EQ and starting to really appreciate the lower end of temperature range of this unit.
Just what kind of T-break did you think I meant? :lol:
Made a mix with Tazo's Calm chamomile, lemon grass and some lemon balm from the co-op and got some stress relief. :chill: Used my SCS to break up the mix to make it finer.
150c and the 18mm tall glass works well for this. But I preheated the glass at 230c and let it drop to 155c before adding my blend.

So I actually used the EQ for what the literature intended. ;) But my FC knowledge and the additional 'limited 18mm F/F' that comes with the Full mod kit on Ebay did the trick.
Just buy the full mod kit. If you plan on going wide and modular like I do. :science: The stock cyclone bowl would not have been as effective as the more open throat setup with DDave's Tall glass and improved screen. Since I am branching out to aromatherapy/alternative medicine extraction, this setup was the perfect fit.
Here is the description I copied from the ebay listing for the 'Cyclone DDave clone'.

The DDave Mod V2 & NEW DDave Mini Mod for Arizer EQ and VTower VaporizersFor a limited time, kit also includes: <------The additional one I am referring to
  • Two additional DDave Adapters - both 18mm & 14mm. (Tall, comparable to OEM Cyclone Bowl, for lighter sessions).
T Brake?
Is that a religious cult?

I just had a load of OG in my Q setup and Ddave kit!

The flavor is unreal!

I'm in the last chapter of a Book I'm reading By Christopher Hitchens.
WEIRD? Cannabis makes me fast?

CuckFumbustion

Just what kind of T-break did you think I meant? :lol: And why are your pupils so dilated?
Whoop Whoop. I'm sorry sir, But I'm going to have to ask you to empty your pockets. :rofl:
Naw, it is dry for me where I'm at. :ugh: So I'm devoting myself to all the other underrated special herbs. With a few positive effects.
So yes @ataxian it is a religious calling until my Obi-man comes through.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Just wanted to say thanks to Ddave for the mod, works like a boss in the EQ with the SSV whip kit. Honestly a must have for this vaporizer in my humble opinion.

Last couple of days did some vape bong sessions, hot damn so amazingly sweet! Using the fan to assist drawing through a bong is pure bliss.

While I'm on the soap box, anyone have a successful solution to removing the smell out of the whip tube? I tried Orange Chronic which is amazing on glass but did nothing for the whip tube.

snackmaster

T Brake?
Is that a religious cult?

NyGCQ9k.jpg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
If it's medical grade silicone I find that pure ISO and a rinse works well!

I find this works for me too. If you really are over sensative and can still smell it then maybe you just buy a roll of medical grade silicone and jus keep changing it. It's not exactly expensive and mine takes a while to scum up.
On a side note am i the only person who doesn't really mind the stinky whip smell. Maybe iv not let mine get bad enough yet.

CuckFumbustion

ISO works as an all purpose cleaner. Evaporates well and some use it to re-purpose the extract. ISO and sea salt for hard jobs like screens. I do rinse the hoses with water afterward.
Q-tips and coffee filters are handy for parts with tight areas or require a little scrubbing.

Other method, DDave uses a rolling pin to squeeze out the excess from the whip tubes. Some would use the brown 'honey' extract as re-purpose.
Always trying to take DDave's ideas one step further, I'm thinking about figuring out a way to use my EQ to extract oils from herbs and make a small amount of essential oils.
It can go as low as 50c with a fan running. Gosh.The EQ is so versatile to a geek like me. :science:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just wanted to say thanks to Ddave for the mod, works like a boss in the EQ with the SSV whip kit. Honestly a must have for this vaporizer in my humble opinion.

Last couple of days did some vape bong sessions, hot damn so amazingly sweet! Using the fan to assist drawing through a bong is pure bliss.

While I'm on the soap box, anyone have a successful solution to removing the smell out of the whip tube? I tried Orange Chronic which is amazing on glass but did nothing for the whip tube.
Thanks for the feedback, @Creeper! Glad you're seeing the benefits!

Unsure on the whip tube that comes with the SSV Kit.

I did just take one for the team and took a good whiff of the one I include with the kits I offer, didn't smell anything. Went further and cut a piece off and gave it a chew. No taste. (Though I assume during shipping it may inherit some "box smell" temporarily.

I have to defer to others who may have experience with the SSV tubing. (My stock arizer EQ tubing had a smell all its own, but was replaced by standard "used whip smell" soon after receipt).

Thank you! Just had an awesome laugh on this one!!!! :lmao:

Good advice from @biohacker & @CuckFumbustion on getting rid of the smell!

Dammit everyone is enjoying the ddave kit except me. I ordered on the 17th and I'm still waiting. No disrespect to ddave its not his fault. Living so far away from the action sucks.
(It hurt to "Like" this posting!) I am sorry to hear of the delay!

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It's ok ddave I know it's my own fault for living in uk. I feel bad for posting it now anyway. Don't want to discourage anyone in uk from ordering the kit. I want my shitty country to catch on with times and until it does, these vaping toys/tools will not be readily available to me. Come on uk people stop setting light to your stash. Once there is demand, supply will follow.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
It's ok ddave I know it's my own fault for living in uk. I feel bad for posting it now anyway. Don't want to discourage anyone in uk from ordering the kit. I want my shitty country to catch on with times and until it does, these vaping toys/tools will not be readily available to me. Come on uk people stop setting light to your stash. Once there is demand, supply will follow.
No sweat! Always looking for "real" feedback... nothing padded...

I've shipped successfully many to UK, so do not understand why the snag with your order. I just checked tracking and the kit has gone from UK to Italy? :shrug:

Can you PM me your shipping address so I can look into this?

Maybe USPS or Customs has :spliff: too much and made an error?

CuckFumbustion

Sorry about your troubles. @kellya86 and @DDave. I would confer with both USPS's and your UK site with the tracking number and perhaps even Italy's site and compare. Italy might be an actual hub for Europe, but really IDK. Just a hunch. Sometimes even the tracking info is meaningless in the US alone.:bang: I'm jealous when a package gets to see more of world than I do. Then there is customs limbo. :zombie:

I've noticed that the older Extreme-q used 1/4" ID, 3/8" tubing? Any advantage of going this size instead of the current 5/16" ID, 7/16" OD? Just wondering if I need to pick up both sizes for science! lol

YES. @biohacker. the inside diameter makes all the difference. Also the length of the hose. Cheapest upgrade for me was to cut the stock pvc hose in half. Less pinching, especially if you are upgrading to a silicone hose. I try to match the inner I.D with the inner I.D of the glass 'throat'. Making it less restrictive. I have posted in this forum on that subject often. Some recommend a narrower I.D if you are going for extraction. I also cut off a few inches for silicone adapters. It is multipurpose IMO. So you might end up using it for another project. Here's to science.:science:

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

@DDave did put a lot of care and thought into how he has packaged everything. If you got the full kit, like I did. Then the wooden stand and the tubing should absorb enough of the shock during shipment. Sorry for your overseas delay. I had a similar stress situation sending my EQ back to Canada for an RMA. It had to go back to the retailer, then to Arizer. Even though I overpaid for shipping, I still came out ahead. $150 + return shipping $30. And a new model direct from Arizer. Normally goes for $250 in the US. Still stressed hard in the meantime.:cry:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ke
Yes it seems my ddave package is having quite the adventure. I just hope all these new excursions are not detrimental to health of my kit. Fragile means fuck all to delivery drivers. Imagine after all this, it comes broke.
Think I may actually go ape shit.
@kellya86 I sure the Q works out of the box?
With the @DDave kit it has become my driver!

Since cannabis is so cheap now I just load it up and enjoy!
The cool thing is if your in a hurry you can use a small pitch as well.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I only went for the 30 quid kit so no wooden block. I'm sure it will be fine.
I know its just one of them things that can happen ordering anything from anywhere. I know its not ddave fault and this seems to be the first time he has had any issues. It's not even an issue anyway. Just a little delay.
When it arrives, I will use it, and as long as I like it (which I'm sure I will), I will order another kit and see how long that one takes.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
The main tubing I'm using is the stock PVC tubing from Arizer. Would isopropyl alcohol be okay in that?

I will say that soft tubing in the SSV whip kit isn't the best as it kinks easily out of the wand as it heats up so I don't really use it. I have some silicone tubing enroute to try out hopefully soon.

I'm also super excited to make some cannabutter out of my ABV herb, just nervous as I had a bad experience years ago with edibles (way too strong for me).

CuckFumbustion

The main tubing I'm using is the stock PVC tubing from Arizer. Would isopropyl alcohol be okay in that?
ISO works as an all purpose cleaner. Evaporates well and some use it to re-purpose the extract. ISO and sea salt for hard jobs like screens. I do rinse the hoses with water afterward.
Q-tips and coffee filters are handy for parts with tight areas or require a little scrubbing.

Other method, DDave uses a rolling pin to squeeze out the excess from the whip tubes. Some would use the brown 'honey' extract as re-purpose.
Always trying to take DDave's ideas one step further, I'm thinking about figuring out a way to use my EQ to extract oils from herbs and make a small amount of essential oils.
It can go as low as 50c with a fan running. Gosh.The EQ is so versatile to a geek like me. :science:

I would thinks so with PVC or silicone. But if you are concerned. Put a small amount in your PVC hose, plug both ends, and give it some shaking action. then rinse with warm water.
Some have left their parts on a bag in ISO and sea salt overnight. I've used it on glass for years. Have never heard anything negative about using it. I supposed there is a trace amount of impurity. But I believe 91% ISO is 9% distilled water. I buy medical grade from a pharmacy. 99% is out there. But I use so much of it as a cleaning product normally and for cuts it would be more of a cost factor. Some make things like ISO hash. But I know next to nothing on that. Sure there is info on the forums regarding that.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

I will say that soft tubing in the SSV whip kit isn't the best as it kinks easily out of the wand as it heats up so I don't really use it. I have some silicone tubing enroute to try out hopefully soon.

I'm also super excited to make some cannabutter out of my ABV herb, just nervous as I had a bad experience years ago with edibles (way too strong for me).
I've read ISO alcohol would degrade the Arizer PVC. Never tried it, but do advise you to cut a tiny piece off the end of the tubing and soak it in ISO as a test.

I wouldn't risk it. I know some have said certain types of whips were ok to soak or quickly rinse out, but in general, if it's not glass, I don't use ISO on it.

Top Bottom