The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

biohacker

Hey DDave, just curious.... I noticed that Arizer's cyclone bowl has been referred to as a "bad design" which i'm trying to comprehend. How does your shorter F2F 18mm improve this design? Is it due to using the glass tube and basket screen? Or does it really make a massive difference being a bit closer to the heat? Also, why is "airflow" even a factor when the stock design already allows more than ample airflow?

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey DDave, just curious.... I noticed that Arizer's cyclone bowl has been referred to as a "bad design" which i'm trying to comprehend. How does your shorter F2F 18mm improve this design? Is it due to using the glass tube and basket screen? Or does it really make a massive difference being a bit closer to the heat? Also, why is "airflow" even a factor when the stock design already allows more than ample airflow?

@biohacker The cyclone bowl isn't a bad design, just really limits what the vape can do. The distance from heater of the vape to screen where the product is loaded is too great, not allowing for extraction rate many were seeking. The screen ledge ring within the adapter on which the screen rests was restrictive of airflow. And the screen was loose by design, so any draw too strong could result in product dropping down past the screen directly onto the heater during a session. If the session continued, this caused a pretty bad taste.

The shorter F/F adapter has a shorter distance from heater to product and a wide open airpath. Also has a fixed screen. All of this resulted in a much better "vape signature" or extraction characteristics.

Sounds simplistic, but when I started out with the cyclone bowl, I found I was left "wanting more". Upon discovery of the right F/F, that feeling was gone.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Screen drives me mad. I'm very ocd and I hate it when bits get through and onto heater. I also hate it when I'm having a cyclone session and I can see all the material around outside of the bowl not being vapourized as it sits on the ledges and out of air path. I give it a flic when drawing to knock it into path. Ddave is having ddaveday on Wednesday if you want even extra value for money. He is giving away an extra random piece In his kits.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks @DDave! I'm looking forward to purchasing an EQ once again, and will definitely be gracing it with the DDave Mod! Sounds like it is a must-have for me! I can't stand the loose screen in the cyclone bowl.
Excellent! I enjoy reading your posts across FC and look forward to seeing them in the EQ thread as well.

Note, in the kits I offer, I do include a cyclone bowl replacement as well. A tall f/f adapter with a fixed screen.

The full kit offers 4 different adapters offering 4 different experiences (vape signatures).

:rockon:

biohacker

Rock on bro, I will soon have all 4 adapters for 4 different vape signatures! Can't wait, but unfortunately I have to take a little "break" first. Looking forward to coming back to this thread and sharing more Extreme-q love! Thanks again for inventing it! I'm sure you have other ideas tucked under your sleeve!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Screen drives me mad. I'm very ocd and I hate it when bits get through and onto heater. I also hate it when I'm having a cyclone session and I can see all the material around outside of the bowl not being vapourized as it sits on the ledges and out of air path. I give it a flic when drawing to knock it into path. Ddave is having ddaveday on Wednesday if you want even extra value for money. He is giving away an extra random piece In his kits.

I hate the crumbs that used to slip through as well. If you notice, after a bit they blacken and can be tasted...gross! Some have reported staining of that top heater screen or the ceramic heating element as well.

I was OCD-Maxed-Out, so I lifted the cyclone... as I've always had the test tube clamps I include in my kits laying around and blow off any crumbs with compressed air (what a waste of time on what should have been an unnecessary task!)... so never experienced lingering burnt crumb taste.

For Humor: I think I just invented a new EQ term.... Floppy Screen Lingering Burnt Crumb Taste! hahaha :lmao:

Rock on bro, I will soon have all 4 adapters for 4 different vape signatures! Can't wait, but unfortunately I have to take a little "break" first. Looking forward to coming back to this thread and sharing more Extreme-q love! Thanks again for inventing it! I'm sure you have other ideas tucked under your sleeve!
Am sorry to hear about the break! For a few common views on the dreaded TBreak, please seen a certain thread created by FC thread legend lwein... a few of us are on said breaks currently and were venting openly yesterday evening on just the topic.

Once you're back, get ready to :rockon:

KimDracula

The fixed screen alone makes this mod worth it, imo. The only way to stabilize the screen seemed to be to let some AVB accumulate underneath it to cushion it, which, as DDave noted, ruins the flavor of the bud. If my EQ comes back from the bench it's getting one of these for sure.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Not created by Lwein....can you point me to it? Not this one I assume?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/quitting-weed-for-a-while.18883/page-3
It starts here with a sad story.... :cry: Kidding, but a great place to vent about the dreaded TBreak!

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/fuck-you.10554/page-160#post-853840

The fixed screen alone makes this mod worth it, imo. The only way to stabilize the screen seemed to be to let some AVB accumulate underneath it to cushion it, which, as DDave noted, ruins the flavor of the bud. If my EQ comes back from the bench it's getting one of these for sure.
An EQ on the sidelines? What can be done to bring it back into the game? :sherlock:

Kidding on this as well. When you're ready to change rotations, I know your EQ won't have any problem rejoining the team! :)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Has anybody put a smoke bomb through the arizer fan at bottom and seen what happens to it in the cyclone. I have a feeling the air hits the cylone rim and converges into a point that concentrates a hotspot onto the elbow pack. I think it would be very interesting to see exactly what happens to the air in the eq. Not sure if I'd want to put a smoke bomb through my eq. Or be the one toking on it for that matter.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Has anybody put a smoke bomb through the arizer fan at bottom and seen what happens to it in the cyclone. I have a feeling the air hits the cylone rim and converges into a point that concentrates a hotspot onto the elbow pack. I think it would be very interesting to see exactly what happens to the air in the eq. Not sure if I'd want to put a smoke bomb through my eq. Or be the one toking on it for that matter.
Good stuff! Quite a smart thought!

I put smoke through many adapters and the cyclone when I tested, which allowed me to find the adapter with the best airpath... but not though them while connected to the EQ. (I wasn't going to contaminate it. It was just easier to clean the adapters by themselves.)

(Got the idea from the aerodynamic testing done on cars... and I am a car fanatic!)

If anyone has a defunked EQ that no longer functions, I'd be happy to take as a tester for just this purpose. :rockon:

bella

So, last night i preheatedfor a couple of hours (no fan) and...wow! Vapor from 165c. It was amazing!

Then my screen fell from the elbow attachment into the cyclone bowl and i had to pull everything apart and reassemble :(. By the time i finished everything was cold again and i got minimal vapor between 190c and 210 because i couldn't be bothered pre-heating again. From 210+ everything was good :). Previously i had been pre-heating for about 10 mins, increasing that time made a huge difference to my whole experience.

My vaping is getting better all the time... but i really need to work on my lack of coordination, lol.

Btw, my cyclone bowl screen fits perfectly in my Q (no movement at all) but my elbow attachment screen is pretty loose and needs to be checked regularly to avoid last night's occurrence.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
So, last night i preheatedfor a couple of hours (no fan) and...wow! Vapor from 165c. It was amazing!

Then my screen fell from the elbow attachment into the cyclone bowl and i had to pull everything apart and reassemble :(. By the time i finished everything was cold again and i got minimal vapor between 190c and 210 because i couldn't be bothered pre-heating again. From 210+ everything was good :). Previously i had been pre-heating for about 10 mins, increasing that time made a huge difference to my whole experience.

My vaping is getting better all the time... but i really need to work on my lack of coordination, lol.

Btw, my cyclone bowl screen fits perfectly in my Q (no movement at all) but my elbow attachment screen is pretty loose and needs to be checked regularly to avoid last night's occurrence.

Bella, the arizer elbow screen is an easy fix. Put it between your thumb and pointer finger, so one finger is against the rim or the screen and the other on the bottom of the basket. Squeeze slightly and the screen will widen. Repeat till you get a tight fitting screen.

If you're holding the screen correctly, doing this will leave a circle imprint on one finger.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
(Got the idea from the aerodynamic testing done on cars... and I am a car fanatic!)

Glad to here it. Fuck combustion, but not in my car.
I too am on the lookout for a half dead eq willing to sacrifice itself for the greater good of science.
I think I would also need someone to draw on it to get accurate results. Or maybe a vacuum pump.

@bella , 2 hour warm up seems excessive. I feel after 15 mins on fan 1 at 220 there is not much gain.

bella

@kellya86, i turned my EQ on and then completely forgot about it, lol. I use my dbv for the first half of the evening and then retire to my bedroom where i keep the EQ. I turned both my vapes on at the same time so i wouldn't have to remember to trek upstairs and turn on the EQ. I am very bad at remembering to do stuff when i am stoned :hmm:.

Thanks for the screen tip @DDave :tup:. I had read about squeezing the screen but couldn't work out exactly how to do it. You've described it perfectly, especially for a spatially-challenged soul like myself...

biohacker

One thing I love about the EQ, is that it can basically be left on for as long as you like.....like all day! And then in the evening that programmable shutoff timer is awesome! Or even if you don't turn it off, i'm pretty sure there is no harm in leaving it idle....as long as it's under maybe 220c?

Also, for those with the EQ and HA, what are your thoughts? The HA is another i've been thinking about recently...not for bags, but direct to water tool. There is still something about that piece of silicone I don't like from EQ to water tool. I think it's just the maintenance/smell of the whip that bothers me, although I much prefer the high temp silicone over Arizer stock PVC.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@biohacher my Q heats up real fast?

This morning Wake & Vake with GSC

What more does one need?

I love the build in fan on the Q.

I find the Q to be low on Consumption?

Stuck on F?
440f a little hot however it work well.

Oh, the @DDave kit works well!

I look forward to using the Q all day long.

Ever seen the movie: Looking for Mr.Good bar starring Diane Keaton? (1970's)

biohacker

You're right @ataxian the eq does heat up pretty quick! The built in fan is amazing! So versatile!

What vapes are you rockin these days? I'm on a t-break now (fuck my life!) but when I return I think my line up will be the EQ and Solo, and I am still testing the VripTech but pretty sure it's a keeper.

I think the EQ is the best bang for buck out there!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You're right @ataxian the eq does heat up pretty quick! The built in fan is amazing! So versatile!

What vapes are you rockin these days? I'm on a t-break now (fuck my life!) but when I return I think my line up will be the EQ and Solo, and I am still testing the VripTech but pretty sure it's a keeper.

I think the EQ is the best bang for buck out there!
I'm a simple guy!

Remember Eisenstein? E=MC2
He did not wear socks?

I had a VripTech and it tasted great however I'm a medical user and found it too much work.

The LSV was OK however too powerful for my needs.

I use the following:

Q
NANO
SOLO
VAP2
FIREFLY
LOTUS
HERB IRON
Waiting list for a HI

PERSIE, OMNICRON, TI NAIL (domeless), BENDER

LOts of GLASS

Cannabis is cheap and will get even cheaper!
WAX, SHATTER, OIL is every cheap!

I retired 5 years ago so I just need function.

biohacker

I had a VripTech and it tasted great however I'm a medical user and found it too much work.

Too much work holding the wand on to the bowl? Or do you mean too much work keeping it from breaking? :lol: You're right, the taste is great, but so is the EQ! I don't think the whip tarnishes flavour at all, but many will disagree.

The LSV was OK however too powerful for my needs.

TOO powerful? No such thing! :D How is it more powerful than the EQ?

Cannabis is cheap and will get even cheaper!

Maybe for you! I'm not complaining, I pay about $5-$6/g here in Canada and it's all awesome product, but at 2g/day (will go down hopefully) i'm looking at nearly $400/m! My wife tells me it should only be $100/m! Furthermore, it's getting MORE expensive now! More like $8-12/g now through "Licensed Producers".

WAX, SHATTER, OIL is every cheap!

This costs about $50-90cdn/gram in Canada. Expensive dude!

I retired 5 years ago so I just need function.

Must be nice! I'm planning an early retirement myself! :rockon:

EDIT - Almost forgot bro, not sure if you're interested in a HI a bit sooner than your waitlist? There is another member here who is looking to sell his and it's mint brand new just wasn't for him (or me lol).... definitely blows the Nano away, but super sensitive so technique is huge.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Too much work holding the wand on to the bowl? Or do you mean too much work keeping it from breaking? :lol: You're right, the taste is great, but so is the EQ! I don't think the whip tarnishes flavour at all, but many will disagree.

TOO powerful? No such thing! :D How is it more powerful than the EQ?

Maybe for you! I'm not complaining, I pay about $5-$6/g here in Canada and it's all awesome product, but at 2g/day (will go down hopefully) i'm looking at nearly $400/m! My wife tells me it should only be $100/m! Furthermore, it's getting MORE expensive now! More like $8-12/g now through "Licensed Producers".

This costs about $50-90cdn/gram in Canada. Expensive dude!

Must be nice! I'm planning an early retirement myself! :rockon:
I find the Q is be just right!

Cannabis will be $40=28grS

$100=4grs of wax now

When it's legal federally watch everyone jump in?

52 is a good age to retire!

Top Bottom