The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Radio

stay true to yourselves
anyone know where I can get replacement rubber feet? I am missing a couple Thanks
As @DDave said, hardware stores, or in the meantime just use bluetac :) and if you would like it to be able to slide around a bit (not sure why) but you could use those little felt feet that you get from $2 stores to put on the bottom of chair-legs. That'd atleast give it some elevation so that the fan still works. Rubber will be best though

@Deja Vu - Hows the replacement whip? whats it made out of? It looks like the PVC pipe that comes with the arizer? I didnt like that one because its not as flexible like a slicon whip. My issue with the silicone is it gets smelly. like i put it in a plastic bag when storing it lol even if run iso through it and let it sit, it still smells
If you are referring to the photo I posted a few pages ago, I'm not 100% sure if I had the standard Arizer whip in the photo or if I photographed the SSV tube but regardless, they look the same apart for a few small differences. The SSV one is not rigid whatsoever. If the Arizer whip is a 1/10 in flexibility, the SSV one is a 10/10. Doesn't drag or pull and will never snap back to its origional shape and go flying around your desk. It's soft, smells like nothing at all and generally feels good. It's easier to store as well, because you can wrap it in a circle and then weave it through itself to get it into a very small shape.

Fuck it; ill post a photo comparison for you. if you are going to buy it, get the LARGEST size from their store. It's cheaper that way, and then you can cut off lengths yourself as you require them and save on shipping cost later on when you need more whip.

Here is a pic of the two next to eachother. (SSV whip on the left, Arizer on the right)
xlmouh.jpg

Closeup, sexy whip. These are just webcam photos. If you want a comparison of the two whips with my digital microscope or a better quality camera just let me know, but take my word for it; well worth buying! Get some other stuff at the SSV store while you are at it so that you aren't just paying postage for a few lengths of tube though! The SSV elbow joints are top quality also as mentioned in this thread by a lot of people :)
8y514y.jpg

shawn0223

As @DDave said, hardware stores, or in the meantime just use bluetac :) and if you would like it to be able to slide around a bit (not sure why) but you could use those little felt feet that you get from $2 stores to put on the bottom of chair-legs. That'd atleast give it some elevation so that the fan still works. Rubber will be best though

If you are referring to the photo I posted a few pages ago, I'm not 100% sure if I had the standard Arizer whip in the photo or if I photographed the SSV tube but regardless, they look the same apart for a few small differences. The SSV one is not rigid whatsoever. If the Arizer whip is a 1/10 in flexibility, the SSV one is a 10/10. Doesn't drag or pull and will never snap back to its origional shape and go flying around your desk. It's soft, smells like nothing at all and generally feels good. It's easier to store as well, because you can wrap it in a circle and then weave it through itself to get it into a very small shape.

Fuck it; ill post a photo comparison for you. if you are going to buy it, get the LARGEST size from their store. It's cheaper that way, and then you can cut off lengths yourself as you require them and save on shipping cost later on when you need more whip.

Here is a pic of the two next to eachother. (SSV whip on the left, Arizer on the right)
Closeup, sexy whip. These are just webcam photos. If you want a comparison of the two whips with my digital microscope or a better quality camera just let me know, but take my word for it; well worth buying! Get some other stuff at the SSV store while you are at it so that you aren't just paying postage for a few lengths of tube though! The SSV elbow joints are top quality also as mentioned in this thread by a lot of people :)

see that was my issue with the pipe that came with my EQ, the was stiff and alway tried to curl back into its original shape. the silicon one is perfectly flexible and doesnt move unless you move it. just starts to wreak of weed after a while. lol. i think im gonna try this one out and see how it does

shawn0223,
Reactions: Radio

Radio

stay true to yourselves
see that was my issue with the pipe that came with my EQ, the was stiff and alway tried to curl back into its original shape. the silicon one is perfectly flexible and doesnt move unless you move it. just starts to wreak of weed after a while. lol. i think im gonna try this one out and see how it does
You won't be disapointed! I can't speak on the matter of how much it does/does not retain the stank of weed, but I know that the oils of lavendar collect more in the elbow than they do in the tube, and I'm not seeing any discolouring of the tube after a week of using it every night :)

Radio,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I usually leave it turned on at somewhere between 160-200C. And I use the elbow pack so I just leave my Ddave adaptor on to stay warm and put on the elbow when I want a hit and take it off when I'm done. Just avoids having to wait for all the glass to heat up. Can't say for sure of it is bad long term. But ive been doing it that way for almost a year and have had no issues.
Modnote: Edited to fix quote tags

I read somewhere else on FC (I think in Herbalizer thread) that a vape was left on for 7 years straight? At first I was a bit shocked but I guess it makes sense that these things can continuously run. Afterall.. They only do the ONE thing. You can leave TVs, Amplifiers, lights and computers on 24/7 so the vape should be no different. It is designed to withstand and maintain heat so it's not as if long term exposure to it's own heat would impact its performance.
It's good to know that we can rely on them! Just watch the power bill :lol:

@Deja Vu where did you get that I want it!!
I finally found something on ebay and secretvape!

This one is huge.. A lot of unnecessary space in there, so it's not ideal for someone that would want to ONLY carry their vape. Nice none the less.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw=VAPECASE Custom Hard Case fits Arizer Extreme Q Herbal Vaporizer or V Tower Vape

One for the ladies:
http://www.secretvape.com/index.php/custom-vaporizer-case-arizer-extreme-q-vaporizer-lady-bag.html

and the piece de la resistance:
http://www.secretvape.com/index.php/arizer-extreme-q-vaporizer-hard-case.html
Rice.gif

Radio,

Hitnrun182

Does anyone have any codes for SSV online website?

Does anyone have any experience with the priority shipping? How fast is it?

Hitnrun182,

Moogly

alright so i've been using the SSV wand + DDave adapter for a few days now, and i think i may be doing something wrong. as i understand it, puting the herb in the wand and then the elbow screen in after is the best way of doing things. i ground up .15, (same amount i use for an elbow pack) sucked it into the wand without packing it in, put the elbow screen in there, and set the Q to 406 F. i heard this was supposed to give better vapor than just the elbow+DDave adapter, but it actually milked my D020-D much less than when i use it with the elbow screen. if i use the elbow pack method and hte ssv wand, it milks my bubbler alright, but i kind of feel like the stock elbow joint works better... am i doing something wrong? tempurature wise, bowl size wise, etc? also, DDave, thanks for convincing me to get the SSV wand. it is WAY nicer and heavier than my friends DBV wand. quality, you were right about that.

Moogly,
Reactions: DDave
this was my first vape and it just broke.
it was ok. went for about three years.
whip didn't really do it for me so i ended up only using bags.
trying to figure out what to move on to... think i might just go for the volcano and be done with it.

samsung888,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
this was my first vape and it just broke.
it was ok. went for about three years.
whip didn't really do it for me so i ended up only using bags.
trying to figure out what to move on to... think i might just go for the volcano and be done with it.
If you are a strictly bag-vaper then I think you've got your choice cut out for you. (if you have the cash! :) )

Radio,

Moogly

alright so i've been using the SSV wand + DDave adapter for a few days now, and i think i may be doing something wrong. as i understand it, puting the herb in the wand and then the elbow screen in after is the best way of doing things. i ground up .15, (same amount i use for an elbow pack) sucked it into the wand without packing it in, put the elbow screen in there, and set the Q to 406 F. i heard this was supposed to give better vapor than just the elbow+DDave adapter, but it actually milked my D020-D much less than when i use it with the elbow screen. if i use the elbow pack method and hte ssv wand, it milks my bubbler alright, but i kind of feel like the stock elbow joint works better... am i doing something wrong? tempurature wise, bowl size wise, etc?

i'm not trying to be annoying but it's been like 5 days and i still haven't heard any feedback on this. any ideas?

Moogly,
Reactions: Radio

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
any ideas?

IMO, yes the elbow pack will generate thicker vapor with such small amounts. The issue is, the vapor is shorter lived and the herb on the outer ring of the elbow is untouched and there is no way to stir.

With the SSV wand, you can pack more than the elbow for longer sessions. And with more product comes thicker vapor.

If you want to use smaller amounts, you are going to need to shorten the SSV wand bowl with a screen or find a thinner ID SSV type wand.

Good luck.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
IMO, yes the elbow pack will generate thicker vapor with such small amounts. The issue is, the vapor is shorter lived and the herb on the outer ring of the elbow is untouched and there is no way to stir.

With the SSV wand, you can pack more than the elbow for longer sessions. And with more product comes thicker vapor.

If you want to use smaller amounts, you are going to need to shorten the SSV wand bowl with a screen or find a thinner ID SSV type wand.

Good luck.
I never really figured that the SSV wand would increase session-time due to more room to pack product. Thanks for that! Nobody had specifically said it like that before so now I know :D

shawn0223

Finally got my d020.And ssh whip in. What's a good recommended length to keep the whip. Going from the ssv to the bubbler

shawn0223,

hoptimum

Finally got my d020.And ssh whip in. What's a good recommended length to keep the whip. Going from the ssv to the bubbler

I like to keep it short, like 2 feet. The tubing seems to want to curl, so I sort of let it wrap itself around the bubbler. So if the ssv is on the left it will come into the bubbler from the right

Last edited:
hoptimum,
Reactions: jojo0420

Daddy Bear

Guys I got an SSV wand, DDave adapter and some silicone hosing so Im almost set

One thing tho:

The silicone hosing (& the original PVC tube) doesnt fit tightly to the top of the SSV wand, It's a little lose

Anything I can do to make a tight seal so the vapor doesnt escape when i take a draw?

Hopefully DDave or Newcastle can chime in and let me know how to solve this

Cheers :)

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Anything I can do to make a tight seal so the vapor doesnt escape when i take a draw?
:)

Roll the silicone tubing back onto itself, effectively doubling the OD. Or you could stretch the silicone tubing overtop of the wand, like so:

B3VIfKzl.jpg

Don't forget to wet the tube slightly before inserting into wand, makes it much eaiser.

Daddy Bear

Roll the silicone tubing back onto itself, effectively doubling the OD. Or you could stretch the silicone tubing overtop of the wand, like so:

B3VIfKzl.jpg

Don't forget to wet the tube slightly before inserting into wand, makes it much eaiser.

Thanks for the reply Tweak

I was able to roll the tubing over itself but how the hell did you manage to stretch it over the top of the wand? :)

I just cant manage to do it and id much prefer to do it this way

Daddy Bear,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

I was able to roll the tubing over itself but how the hell did you manage to stretch it over the top of the wand? :)

If I had to guess, a boiling water dip first would allow an easier time of getting the tubing to stretch a bit. But I defer to the expertise of @Tweak :nod:

hoptimum

Whats the inner diameter of your tubing

hoptimum,
Reactions: Tweak

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

Your not trying both are you, rolling it and then stretching it, :p? You are trying with the Silicone hose correct? The stock 7th floor tubing will not stretch like silicone.

Rolling it will make it tight inserting into the SSV wand. To fit it over the wand, it should stretch out pretty good. In the photo I'm using the stock EQ size hose of 5/16" ID X 7/16" OD. What size did you get?

Tweak,
Top Bottom