The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

TOWELIE 420

Is that an EQ elbow connected to the bowl of the bong? Do you use an adaptor, if so, what size?
Its just the elbow that came with the EQ sitting right in the downstem of the bongs joint. No adapter needed! Flotntoke has some good info in his post.

The EQ elbow is 18.8mm (sometimes called 18 or even 19). Most GONGs (glass on glass) are 18.8 or 14mm. So, if you have an 18 no adapter needed. Just put an elbow on each end and you're ready to go. If you have 14mm glass, you can get a 14>18 adapter. Or, just get a 14mm "vape adapter" (a glass end for hose). Or, depending on your tubing you can just put the tubing straight in the glass.

Coconut milk works great!! There's a whole forum about edibles with tons of info here. Check it out. But quickly, you need the fat in whatever you use for the THC (wand/elbow hash) to blend with. Cooking oil works (peanut, olive, canola, etc). Anything not fatty - like water - doesn't work well. You could do it but you want to make sure you keep and drink the oil slick. You'd have to get all the goop out of there somehow, but also nice to mix with peanut butter or nutella.

Make sure you don't heat too much (keep it under 225F IME), and be aware eating can be quite a bit different than smoking or vaping. Let us know how you do!
Will do man! I've got to go shopping before I can try this out but Im looking forward to it. I've made canna oil once with coconut oil in a crock pot, out of my abv and I've had really weird experiences with it so far. I've only had it effect me once and that was 6 hours after ingesting it... The other times i noticed the slightest buzz but nothing very noticeable and I made my oil fairly potent I thought. I actually posted in the cooking with cannabis section if you want to check out my post. http://fuckcombustion.com/posts/412934/

Last edited by a moderator:
TOWELIE 420,
Reactions: flotntoke

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I replied to your post about ABV in the thread you started. Check it out.

Wand hash (or elbow hash if you prefer), seems to work a little differently for me - at least in milk. The buzz is less trippy and smoother. And, it comes on a bit faster but doesn't last as long. I think because you're getting a good bit of THC from the gooey glass (which is drained from ABV). Have read more about it here in different threads/forums - but has been a while since I looked into it so can't remember. Look around, like pretty much everything else there's plenty of good info on FC.

Teedub

Hi all, I'm a little confused about what the latest version number is. I saw an online seller state 5.0 whilst other sellers state 4.0?

Teedub,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Hi all, I'm a little confused about what the latest version number is. I saw an online seller state 5.0 whilst other sellers state 4.0?

There is no such thing as a "version 4.0" or 5. A couple/few of years ago Arizer made some improvements to the Q and someone out there in the ether - probably a distributor - dubbed it 4.0 to distinguish the update and for obvious marketing value. But Arizer has never used a version number, and still doesn't. Last year Arizer announced "27 improvements" making the unit quieter, changing the temp setting to 1 degree increments, extending the warranty to 3 years, etc. I have a "4.0" and it's casing is chrome; a friend's, who purchased an "improved" unit about 6 months ago, has a black casing. Details at the arizer.com store.

IIRC when this was discussed here last year no one could find an actual list of all 27 improvements. IMO this was primarily a marketing move by Arizer to breath more life into a somewhat aging product in the face of a lot of new competitors. Smart on Arizer's part, and very profitable. That's not to take anything away from the "new" Q; it still is certainly a solid and versatile machine, and it remains competitively priced. IMO the greatest value in the most recent update is the longer warranty.

Detonator

I just bought a EQ , Can't wait to try it !

Your going to like it! They are a lot of fun to try different ways. I liked the bag at first but recently got into the water path still sounds too technical to me , lol

Recently my gf said "I don't know how to smoke anymore cause I can't find the thing and there is a tube in my bong and what do I do again?" I had to laugh- I show her again. She likes it too, no coughing!

My simple setup, only wish this bong had a carb hole. If it had one I would not have to pull the hose. easier imo, Anyone old enough to remember what a carb hole is? Can I make a carb hole with with butane torch I use for dabbing? Anyone know?

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . My simple setup, only wish this bong had a carb hole. If it had one I would not have to pull the hose. easier imo, Anyone old enough to remember what a carb hole is? Can I make a carb hole with with butane torch I use for dabbing? Anyone know?

Old enough??? Yea, I'd say so. :myday:

Personally, I'd be doubtful. Why not just lift the elbow at the Q? That way you would also be clearing the vapor remaining in the whip. Better yet, an inexpensive piece with a GonG joint, with your other Q elbow at the end of the whip.

As a side note, most here shorten the whip and use silicone instead of the stock pvc, helluva lot easier to work with.

EDIT: On second thought, pushing silicone thru a hole might be a pain given how flexible it is. The pvc is probably better for that. Or you could get silicone and join it to a short piece of pvc with one of the glass mouthpieces. All of these are workarounds of course; GonG is the way to go if you can.

Teedub

There is no such thing as a "version 4.0" or 5. A couple/few of years ago Arizer made some improvements to the Q and someone out there in the ether - probably a distributor - dubbed it 4.0 to distinguish the update and for obvious marketing value. But Arizer has never used a version number, and still doesn't. Last year Arizer announced "27 improvements" making the unit quieter, changing the temp setting to 1 degree increments, extending the warranty to 3 years, etc. I have a "4.0" and it's casing is chrome; a friend's, who purchased an "improved" unit about 6 months ago, has a black casing. Details at the arizer.com store.

Thanks for clearing that up. :) I had read about various upgrades and read through the arizer site but was a little confused about the timeline of said improvements. I'll just buy the 'latest' model from an authorised dealer.

Now one more day before my spending funds clear and I too will be waiting for the Q to arrive in my letter box, this is also the first plug in desktop vape for me too! Loving the Q's functions can't wait to fan pump some vapor in various ways, yeooowww!

Recently my gf said "I don't know how to smoke anymore cause I can't find the thing and there is a tube in my bong and what do I do again?" I had to laugh- I show her again. She likes it too, no coughing!

haha I love the technology, i still chuckle when i look at my pax stuck into my gong. It Once used to be a plastic bottle, garden hose and metal bowls with bic lighter!! ewwwww

My simple setup, only wish this bong had a carb hole. If it had one I would not have to pull the hose. easier imo, Anyone old enough to remember what a carb hole is? Can I make a carb hole with with butane torch I use for dabbing? Anyone know?

Is that glass or plastic , its hard to tell in those pics? Either way you could, but buying a fresh new gong is way more fun. And there are plenty of cheap options to get going with.

Teedub,

Maynard G Krebs

Sure wished i'da thought ahead enough to purchase some Silicon tubing.. the stuff that comes with this thing is crapola.. tastes horrible just sucking air thru it.. just ran a bunch of hot water thru it, now i'm gonna try to get some of the taste out by running a cycle of hot air thru it.. might make it worse.. well, if nothing else, i'll blow up one of these silly balloons.. are there any 'local' type sources i.e. pharmacies or other such places one can get some? I hate the thought of not being able to use the whip on this thing for a week or more..

mgk

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Maynard (nice name!) I looked for some locally a few years ago and couldn't find anything close. I checked better drug stores, pharm/medical supply and hardware stores to no avail.

They say the stuff that comes with it is safe and many use it, but I hear what you're saying. I had to put it out in the garage as soon as it came because of the stink and luckily had some from an another vape. I'd get some silicone ordered ASAP and do a few bags in the meantime. You will have to use a little tubing for the bag, but don't think it will be too terrible - just keep it short.

If you can, you might try putting the stock tube in the sun for a day or two. Might help it offgas quicker, but I don't know for sure. Worth a try.

Amazon probably your quickest shipping option if you're here in the states.

flotntoke,

Teedub

Auto stores have hi temp silicone tubing, don't know if it will be food safe but might be worth a check.

Teedub,

Nesta

I've had an EQ for a couple of months now & have enjoyed it ten times or so (particular thanks to oldiebutgoodie & flotntoke for their advise as I was getting started!).
However, the last 2 or 3 times I used it, I noticed that the temperature was jumping around, without me changing it. And not just a few degrees, but up to 20C. I'd reset to where I wanted, but watched as it started creeping up on it's own. I assume I have a bad unit & need to send it back in. But has anyone else seen this behavior in an EQ? Any comments?

Nesta,

TOWELIE 420

I've had an EQ for a couple of months now & have enjoyed it ten times or so (particular thanks to oldiebutgoodie & flotntoke for their advise as I was getting started!).
However, the last 2 or 3 times I used it, I noticed that the temperature was jumping around, without me changing it. And not just a few degrees, but up to 20C. I'd reset to where I wanted, but watched as it started creeping up on it's own. I assume I have a bad unit & need to send it back in. But has anyone else seen this behavior in an EQ? Any comments?
That does sound like you have a faulty unit my friend... Mine does this as well but only by one degree. Maybe two sometimes... Don't think so though. Reclaim your warranty on that sucka!
On a side note, it is a shame such a great and versatile vape like the EQ doesnt come with some nice silicone tubing. Oh well, that shall be one of my next investments.

TOWELIE 420,

francis

Vape enthusiasms
That does sound like you have a faulty unit my friend... Mine does this as well but only by one degree. Maybe two sometimes... Don't think so though. Reclaim your warranty on that sucka!
On a side note, it is a shame such a great and versatile vape like the EQ doesnt come with some nice silicone tubing. Oh well, that shall be one of my next investments.
Is the stock whip bad quality ?

francis,

Nesta

Thanks for the info. Yea, I should send it back, but it's my only vape & it's hard to part with it -even for a week or two!
You're right about the silicone tubing. I bought some & am glad I did. It's a big improvement & hopefully it's healthier as well.

chimpybits

A friend has recently pulled the trigger on a V-Tower as his first vape. I've never used it, but would like to ... um .... help him learn how to use it (dry for now). He's familiar with vape-ing via a friend's Solo and I've been vape-ing for years now with my SSV.

I've found the wiki for the Extreme Q and obviously this thread. Stickstones mentioned in the V-Tower thread that there is a sticky somewhere for general use of the Extreme Q. Can someone point me to this or other help for general use of the Extreme / V-Tower whip.

I see that the stock whip is apparently stiff and poor. Also, I see that elbow bowls are recommended later once one has a handle on the regular setup. I may recommend he pickup some pvc at the lhs, or SSV whip and/or consider silicone. Thanks fc.

- mod note: please delete my redundant post in the V-Tower thread (from Sat June 30).

chimpybits,

Nesta

A friend has recently pulled the trigger on a V-Tower as his first vape. I've never used it, but would like to ... um .... help him learn how to use it (dry for now). He's familiar with vape-ing via a friend's Solo and I've been vape-ing for years now with my SSV.

I've found the wiki for the Extreme Q and obviously this thread. Stickstones mentioned in the V-Tower thread that there is a sticky somewhere for general use of the Extreme Q. Can someone point me to this or other help for general use of the Extreme / V-Tower whip.

I see that the stock whip is apparently stiff and poor. Also, I see that elbow bowls are recommended later once one has a handle on the regular setup. I may recommend he pickup some pvc at the lhs, or SSV whip and/or consider silicone. Thanks fc.

- mod note: please delete my redundant post in the V-Tower thread (from Sat June 30).
IMO the stock whip is bad quality. I believe it's made of PVC, not the healthiest material to heat up & breathe through. And it's not very flexible. The silicone is much more flexible, making it easier to use. [Hopefully the silicone is safe to use]. It's too bad Arizer or their dealers don't offer an optional upgrade to silicone tubing.

Nesta,

Maynard G Krebs

I wouldnt necessarily say its bad quality... But its not as flexible as it should be and the smell and flavour takes a good month or two to dissipate. I think its still a medical grade tubing
I left my whip attached to the cyclone chamber and put the unit on the highest temp and turned the fan on high for 4 hours...I did this twice and have very little, if any, of the taste/smell left. I do have silicone tubing coming from a brewing supplier I use. It was $1.80 a foot, so I got 11 feet which came to just under 25$ with shipping. Hopefully, it will be here in a couple days.

mgk

Maynard G Krebs

I just got my EQ from a vendor on eBay that goes by Allstar wholesale. It was just a little over $140 and like a dummass, I opted for 'expedited' shipping. This was a ripoff as they sat on my order for 3 days before shipping... yea, that's real expeditious. I see a lot of chatter about 'authorized dealers' and warranty issues. I contacted Arizer and inquired about this matter and was told by Kevin from their support staff that as long as you had a proof of purchase i.e. an email confirmation of purchase, you would have no warranty issues. I'm only on my 2nd day of use and have to figure things out. I've found 210 - 215 to be my temp of choice. Not getting the hang of the elbow load yet. Have not tried the balloon yet, but I must say, there's not a thing about this method that's appealing to me... I will give it a try tho and see if it's just all in my head. Well, that's my 2cents worth for now.
mgk :myday:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I left my whip attached to the cyclone chamber and put the unit on the highest temp and turned the fan on high for 4 hours...I did this twice and have very little, if any, of the taste/smell left.

Great idea, Man!!! Glad that worked. And, nice of you to post so others can see it. Think you'll like the silicone better, but glad to hear you're able to use your Q.

IME elbow loading is easiest if you suck your material up into the elbow using the hose. Suck some up in there, flip, and tamp a little with the top of the stirrer or a pen cap. Stirring can be a bitch because so small, but I often just stir and let crumbs fall into the cyclone bowl.

Bags are OK. My favorite uses are for party situations (especially with inexperienced vape users) and using the portability for moving around the house. Also, nice to use after you get a good buzz on and are watching a movie or something. No need to fiddle much while lights are low. Fill a bag every 1/2 hour or so and hit at your leisure.

TOWELIE 420

I just got my EQ from a vendor on eBay that goes by Allstar wholesale. It was just a little over $140 and like a dummass, I opted for 'expedited' shipping. This was a ripoff as they sat on my order for 3 days before shipping... yea, that's real expeditious. I see a lot of chatter about 'authorized dealers' and warranty issues. I contacted Arizer and inquired about this matter and was told by Kevin from their support staff that as long as you had a proof of purchase i.e. an email confirmation of purchase, you would have no warranty issues. I'm only on my 2nd day of use and have to figure things out. I've found 210 - 215 to be my temp of choice. Not getting the hang of the elbow load yet. Have not tried the balloon yet, but I must say, there's not a thing about this method that's appealing to me... I will give it a try tho and see if it's just all in my head. Well, that's my 2cents worth for now.
mgk :myday:
I am in the same boat but have had no problems with my unit other than a high pitched frequency noise that only some people with good hearing can hear... It affects my tmj and kills my right ear sometimes but thats off topic. I bought mine from myrubberneck off ebay for 180 altogether and Arizer told me with proof of purchase I could use my warranty no problem. If you try the elbow method again man make sure not to pack too much in it. About half is good and don't pack it down too tightly. Also, with the elbow pack method you can turn down the temp a fair bit if you want those tasty terps. Depending on how dry my bud is, I start at 185 C or 190. Then after one or two hits stir that up put it ten degrees higher, toke up, bowls cashed now.

TOWELIE 420,
Top Bottom