The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

lwien

the electrician said:
........ and will best the most efficient vaporiser going.
Umm............now that's debatable. Why would you think that it would be more efficient than a PD or a Zap?

lwien,

the electrician

lwien said:
the electrician said:
........ and will best the most efficient vaporiser going.
Umm............now that's debatable. Why would you think that it would be more efficient than a PD or a Zap?
im using something very similar right now. those vaporisers blast straight through the bowl in one or two fell swoops, with the extreme you create just a small cylinder of fully vaporised weed in a bowl of the same size. then you can stir the bowl up and hit it over and over again. using this method ive had hits thicker than anything ive seen on this forum, and have made bowls last much longer than any stem. the hits are bigger and i get many more of them, id say thats more efficient

the camera just got cleaned out so sooner or later ill video it

the electrician,

lwien

Looking forward to the vid. Can you get more than 3 or 4 nice hits with visible vapor on exhale from 0.025g at around 375 degrees f.? Reason I'm asking is that that is what I typically get out of the PD.

lwien,

FEAR420

the electrician said:
heres a new one for you whip fiends: why not treat yourself to one of these
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/8763/geniusur.jpg
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=42656166&ref=cat2_gallery_7 , set a little screen in the tube and then insert into a whip. that bowl is gonna be tiny and will best the most efficient vaporiser going. best $20 odd youll spend in a long time
OMFG!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! I just grabbed his last enlarging adapter which Ive been looking for for months!!! :o:D:o

FEAR420,

goonsquad

For anyone who has this and a Buddha/Silver surfer, how is the efficiency on this with the elbow pack compared to them? I know the dbv/ss give better whip hits than the E, but do they eat through more bud to do so (assuming you pack an equal amount in each one)?

goonsquad,

Manatee420

just got my Q and i love it. best i have felt in a couple years.

only 3 things i could think of to improve it.

1. Remote pager/beeper button on the vaporizer.

2. make the outside rim of the q heat resistant with a rail to act as a caddy for your glass pieces.

3. holder for stir tool

any one know how long the bag will stay effective? i have read some where 8 hours just wondering if that is accurate.

Manatee420,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Manatee420 said:
any one know how long the bag will stay effective? i have read some where 8 hours just wondering if that is accurate.
From personal experience, at least 1 hour. Longer than that I can not say.

Tom

tdavie,

buckweat420

Hello everyone, my first post here on FC =). I received my Extreme-Q a few days ago and I must say I am very happy with my purchase! One slight problem tho, I had it for a few days before trying out the bag system. I tried 3 or 4 times with little vapor ever making it to the bag. After checking over the hose for leaks I noticed a flaw in at the joint on the elbow piece. Do you thing Steve at customer service could help me get this replaced since its obviously a manufacture defect?\

Here is a PIC

buckweat420,

hereatlast

Definitely! Send him an email, maybe even attach that picture and I'm sure he'd be willing to replace it.

hereatlast,

ganjaia

Anyone done a DIY removable top screen for the potpourri bowl? I find whenever I am using it for aromatherapy little pieces of herbs will fly out of the bowl with the fan on. Things get messy pretty quickly.

ganjaia,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I am sure that not only will they replace it, but will probably also send you some additional goodies with the new elbow for your trouble.

DeepFried,

GetHighLikePlanes

I had the extreme q for awhile and I don't think it's worked right since day one. It just never gets hot enough. I want to be able to really brown my weed, but it won't do it even maxed out at 500F. I sent the unit back to Arizer, they found no problems, but sent me a replacement unit after I expressed that it would be no use to me if they sent back my original. I received the new one and it's doing the exact same thing. I tried packing the elbow and stirring it, but all I get is light vapor and lightly browned bud. I want to be able to crank this bitch up and get some serious vapor. I even tried pussyfooting around with it and letting the weed heat up, but that did nothing. I'm wondering if they just sent my original unit back.. :/

GetHighLikePlanes,

saeton

Hi all. I have never vaporized before, in fact, I never even got high before until like 2 weeks ago. I tried smoking in college and ended up gagging on smoke and hated it, didn't feel anything but like I was going to vomit.

Anyway, bought the Q, mostly loving it but need some advice. The first two times I got (in my mind) pretty high although it was all pretty new. Then I tried once and it didn't work so well (was using more bud, seemed like too much?). Then tried another time with another person and got feeling good but not super high, it was almost like the other person was heating it up somehow, tasted more like vapor although still in the 175 to 200 range. Last night, didn't really get high, but felt a tiny bit good.

I'm gonna try to pack the elbow later tonight when I have a chance to try it. Do you still put in the empty cyclone bowl and then the packed elbow into the black part on top, or is there another way to do this? Any suggestions for preheating for the elbow? I know the temp number is what the heating element is, not the actual herb, but I really would like to avoid smoke or carcinogens if possible.

Any other hints or suggestions? I saw that 19 mm slide adapter, is that an alternative to the elbow/cyclone bowl? How would I get a screen to pack it in there?

Thanks guys

saeton,

max

Out to lunch
GetHighLikePlanes said:
I had the extreme q for awhile and I don't think it's worked right since day one. It just never gets hot enough.
What's your previous vaporizing experience? Is the Q your first buy?

max,

GetHighLikePlanes

I own a vaporite 6th element digital forced air vaporizer. It's a chinese made whip system I bought off ebay which died in 3 months, but since replaced. I am able to get thick vapor at 401F and turn the weed to a nice chocolate color. I understand I might be combusting at that point, but I'd rather have that option than not. I cranked the extreme q all the way up to 500F and the weed is still a light brown greenish color with barely visible vapor. I can take weed I vaped and put it in the vaporite and still get a hit off it. I also notice the vapor the extreme q produces doesn't make me cough whereas if I hit the vaporite long it chokes the shit out of me. Are you guys able to get thick vapor and get your weed to turn dark brown using the extreme q? Thanks!

GetHighLikePlanes,

vape4life

Banned for life
oh hell yeah! Are you drawing slow and deep? Right now I have about 1/2g in the bowl on 220C, and it's giving me HUGE CLOUDS. It's important for everything to be HOT.

GetHighLikePlanes said:
I own a vaporite 6th element digital forced air vaporizer. It's a chinese made whip system I bought off ebay which died in 3 months, but since replaced. I am able to get thick vapor at 401F and turn the weed to a nice chocolate color. I understand I might be combusting at that point, but I'd rather have that option than not. I cranked the extreme q all the way up to 500F and the weed is still a light brown greenish color with barely visible vapor. I can take weed I vaped and put it in the vaporite and still get a hit off it. I also notice the vapor the extreme q produces doesn't make me cough whereas if I hit the vaporite long it chokes the shit out of me. Are you guys able to get thick vapor and get your weed to turn dark brown using the extreme q? Thanks!

vape4life,

GetHighLikePlanes

vape4life said:
oh hell yeah! Are you drawing slow and deep? Right now I have about 1/2g in the bowl on 220C, and it's giving me HUGE CLOUDS. It's important for everything to be HOT.
Yes, I'm drawing slow and deep. 1/2g is a lot for me to use in one session. I realize this is what they want you to do, but I'm not about to waste weed. I've been using .1 - .2 grams. I even tried filling up the bag on speed 1 and it barely clouds up at 500F. Just to give you an idea of how light the vapor is... When I exhale there is no visible vapor unless I blow it towards a light source and then you can see it that way. I wouldn't complain if I was getting high, but I don't get nearly as high as I would using my other vaporizer. I think they just sent my original unit back because this is bullshit. For $300 the extreme Q falls short of expectations. I don't understand how you guys are getting thick vapor clouds. Also, are you able to turn the weed a dark brown color?

GetHighLikePlanes,

Grassachusetts

Love my Q

Finally packed the elbow, wow def a difference.

Also did a small piece of pressed kief, not bad at all. Hit me quite quickly.

For next month, (now don't judge/tell me I'm stupid because I know this is wasteful/unintelligent) I MAY try to set up a grav bong vape using the Q.

Would this be even easier because of the fan, or maybe should i Just use the bags they gave me and try to seal/keep top above water (use as a water lung)? any ideas

also, what do you guys use for bag stoppers or valves. can i go to home depot and just pick up a certain tip fo the glass that has an "blocking" switch (like the kind of certain funnels). I know some would still escape, but any help/tips are much appreciated.

All my friends love it, such a clean high. So different, def saving me a lung.

Grassachusetts,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Grassachusetts - I use the plastic cap off a pack of blunt wraps to cap my bags , you could also try finding a cap from a pen to fit as well.

GetHighLikePlanes - its all about air to product ratio , your gonna get shitty bag with .1g , with small amounts in the Q use the elbow pack method or even better find a piece of glass that will fit the heater and put a small screen in the shaft , check this out.
I do this as well and belive me , tasty thick hits at 180c

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2487

Samsquanch,

spikeystud88

What is the tube sizing for the extreme-q? I went to Home Depot and got 1/4" ID x 3/8" OD tubing (as suggested here and on grasscity). Got home and it's too small :(. So what's the actual size??

spikeystud88,

max

Out to lunch
Put the connection end of your tubing in very hot to boiling water for 5-10 sec. and it should fit. The heat makes it much more flexible. 3/8" OD is the standard tubing size and unless Arizer has changed, it's what they use.

max,

spikeystud88

Well the tube is noticeably smaller than the tubing that came with my Q :/. I'll try what you said and post back later.

spikeystud88,

saeton

I think I'm getting the hang of packing the elbow, but it seems like i'm getting a fair amount of smoke at 190 or higher, should you pack it lightly but so it sticks? or any other input like that...

if it feels like smoke it is, right? just only the light white on exhale is the vapor

saeton,
Top Bottom