The ethnobotanical thread

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Problem is absinthe in America lacks some of the chemical absinthe over seas offers. Like I have a bottle Lucid at home, but that won't do munch hence why I'm asking about wormwood. As for the tastes I guess a little sugar, or mixing with some OJ or something should fix some of that, no?

So then what should I do with the nutmeg I have at home?

lesvape,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
So, if I want to make my own sort of Absinthe, where could I get the same type of wormwood and other plants that are used in absinthe to make my own tincture? Do I still have to like heat/warm up the wormwood and other plants like I would with fresh THC(converting it to THCA) for swamp water or can I skip that step? Cause I want to make something I can either drink or even drip when I want to vape some material. Thanks.

lesvape,

lepstadder

REAL absinthe is distilled with wormwood

you can make your own absinthe style concoction by macerating herbs in alcohol

then filtering, some sites sell absinthe "kits", basically herb pouches you soak in everclear or 151 vodka

I have made it like this before and it is not bad

lepstadder,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
does it work like real absinthe(the ones you get overseas not the ones in the States)? Any legit site that carries the real kits with hallucinogenic plants and stuff? Also would having a some pomegranate soak with the absinthe, for flavor, some how weaken/less the wormwoods effects?

lesvape,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
lesvape said:
does it work like real absinthe(the ones you get overseas not the ones in the States)? Any legit site that carries the real kits with hallucinogenic plants and stuff? Also would having a some pomegranate soak with the absinthe, for flavor, some how weaken/less the wormwoods effects?
Anyone please?

lesvape,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Wormwood is not for newbies.. dude.. u can easily o.d. there are so many species of wormwood ... all with different potential .. Also it tastes nasty and it is easy to get nausea.. Wormwood is called wormwood because it helps you cleanse the internal worms... lol... So imagine what effect does it have on the stomack... in order to do that...
Absinth is not just wormwood.. and not just any wormwood... If you want the real deal search e-bay for stuff called absinth essence .. it is a mix of the essential oils of the herbs that absinth is made of.. and it is said to be dilluted in 750 ml Vodka. .. or iso.. whatever.. There is a thujone per ml limit in the commercial absinth.. 55mg/l or smth like that.. which is not nearly enough... You will rather suffer alcohol poisoning than feeling any entheogenic effets.. So to the point.. What i do is buy that essense from a polish vendor on ebay.. than dilute it in 50-100 ml vodka.. then further dilute it in 500 ml water add ice.. and enjoy that marvelous drink 200-300 ml are enough for me to trip decently :p
Don't mess with DIY wormwood if you dont know what you are doing.. There are absinth kits that are DIY and the herbs there are measured to be safe. but mostly result in puke-a-rama due to poor brewingskills of the maker..
Don't go cheap on your liver with that wormwood.. it is hepatoxic

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: snamuh

Abysmal Vapor

Guys just try damiana .. its a marvelous herb with special taste.. also aphrodisiac and a buzzer .. Very similar to mj kick.. short lasting.. Weak MAOI.. ,aromatherapy benefits.. Helps with RLS.. and enchances dreams.. It also makes huge clouds :)..

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: snamuh

Smokey

Cloud Master
Abysmal Vapor said:
Guys just try damiana .. its a marvelous herb with special taste.. also aphrodisiac and a buzzer .. Very similar to mj kick.. short lasting.. Weak MAOI.. ,aromatherapy benefits.. Helps with RLS.. and enchances dreams.. It also makes huge clouds :)..

Vaping it? Is the average thc vaping temperature fine for it? I should try ordering some along with my root bark :D

Smokey,

Abysmal Vapor

Check wiki for sure .. but i think they have similar vaping temps.. I often mix them together.. and all vapes evenly.. You won't get wrong with damiana :).. i like it so much that i order 1.5 kg from a polish vendor.. for 40 euro (delivery incl).. If you are in europe .. i can link you to that guys ebay.. he has many good quality ethnobotanicals.. and His absinth essence is the best i tried.. :p. If you are outside europe , i bet there are even cheaper offers .. but first try if you like it .. i have vaped bout 100-150 g .. for 3 months ..
Mexicans do smoke it instead of tobacco .. (although it does not contains nicotine..)

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

biojuggernaut said:
hmm I want to look into this and canna for when I run out.
I find it very pleasant to combine mini-doses of wild dagga , klip dagga, blue lotus(u need nice batch or the extract).., wormwood resin/hash (wormwood 10x), Intoxicating mint, damiana.. White sage (this one is awesome and buzzing.. and brings many warm waves .. it cures cold too.. lol .. :) ,St.john's wort is nice too.. but careful with its although weak MAOI properties .

Abysmal Vapor,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Good to know. I guess I will see what I can find on amazon and other US retailers for absinth essence.

Edit: I did a search, but could not find anything about this on Amazon. I did find it on ebay and few dedicated stores, but I am not sure if what they are selling is legit or not. Regarding the Vodka, should I be using the 100 proof kind, or would the standard 70 or 80 proof be acceptable? Thanks

lesvape,

Abysmal Vapor

You need just as little to dissolve the essences like in parfumes :). But feel free to mix it even with half a liter vodka.. But alcohol makes it kinda cloudy to me to feel the real deal..

Abysmal Vapor,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
So, where can I order some of this liquid, or real absinthe in the states from a legit site? I know its legal in British Columbia so would it be correct to assume I can get the real kind from a site from that area?

lesvape,

Abysmal Vapor

check if the absinth essence is containing various essential oils . My contains wormwood oil, Mellissa oil, Primose oil (lol), Salvia Sclarea (elemicin + mysticin ), etc..

Abysmal Vapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's not all that IMO (never had that one though) but that's the legal limit for thujone over here. Although it doesn't make much of a difference IME. It's just drink to me- I think there's a lot of modern mythology surrounding the stuff- I saw a TV doc that reckoned the reason folk were only tripping was because of the cheap adulterants that were in the old school stuff. A bit like a cup of very dodgy poitn I once got in the west of Ireland :cheers: :ko: I'm lucky I can still see

WatTyler,

lepstadder

When i was in europe my buddy and i tried a few types of absinthe from the bars and 1 of them turned our tongues green!!

lepstadder,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Did it do anything else? I just want to feel a mild-hallucinogenic effect, if possible.

lesvape,

Abysmal Vapor

WatTyler said:
lesvape said:
Which number is the legal limit for your local?
10mg/l for absinthe across the whole of Europe. You can get up to 35mg/l thujone in the bitters that abysmal mentioned.

But it does nothing for me.

edit; looking at wikipedia you can actually get the same levels in absinthe in the USA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thujone#United_States
Thats why i buy a absinth essence that is meant for 1 l and dilute it in just 0.5 l :) .

Abysmal Vapor,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
What about that 35mg/l thujone brand I posted? Is that a good brand/enough to make you trip a little? Would that be enough to get two people to trip a little?

lesvape,

Abysmal Vapor

If it is one liter liquor you rather die of alcohol poisoning before noticing any effects,,

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom