The Ember by prrl labs

bassguy

Hi all, I've got one coming in used, no mod.
What are the inner/outer diameter of the glass bit? has anyone tried using the ember on anything besides the wooden pipe? perhaps a glass stem?
Also I'm curious how peeps with the Ember feel about the stock mod vs others, for a first time buyer.
Thanks!

bassguy,

snamuh

ghost
@Black_Prrl sorry I haven't taken the time to research, but what is the heating element?

I like the concept! It seems like it could be a game changer.

Personally I'm timid of 510 flower vapes. I feel like a lot of them stress the batteries and coils too much. But tbh I don't know the cience behind that stuff so..

snamuh,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
@Black_Prrl sorry I haven't taken the time to research, but what is the heating element?

I like the concept! It seems like it could be a game changer.

Personally I'm timid of 510 flower vapes. I feel like a lot of them stress the batteries and coils too much. But tbh I don't know the cience behind that stuff so..

Hey, @snamuh! I think it's good to be wary about stressing batteries, though most reputable mods and batteries these days can handle the high current drains.

It's also good to watch out for what folks are using as a heating element. We use a special, super alloy that is highly oxidation resistant, meaning that it won't degrade over time. We looked into many different options and chose one that was specifically designed for high temperature and thermal cycling conditions, such as in a rocket engine.

Pls, DM or let me know if you have any additional questions!

-Mark

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Hey, all! We've been getting great feedback on the Ember and are making some improvements and pivots based on what we've heard.

After putting considerable time into our own battery design and manufacturing, we've decided that that approach will take longer than we want. Many folks have asked for just the atomizer so that they can attach it to they own mods. Rather than stick with wood, which (while beautiful) has it's own manufacturing issues as well as imparting a slight wood taste, we're going full ceramic and quartz.

Here's a draft rendering of the Neo--the atomizer-only design. https://imgur.com/a/JJnDWJo

It'll come in both vertical and horizontal models so that folks have a choice as to how they will attach it to their own mod. I prefer horizontal, but Josh prefers vertical. So, we thought that we'd let the market decide since we can't. :-)

Our first test prototypes should be ready by next week. We'll try to be better at keeping y'all updated! In the meantime, we'd love to hear your thoughts...

-Mark

chuloquiles

I have two quartz and wood units and I love it. I keep them next to my reading chair and I love taking casual tokes while I read and rock. The new design is looking really great can’t wait to grab one!

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Have you seen the Smoke Honest "Path Pipe"
https://www.smokehonest.com/collect...cts/discreet-hand-pipe?variant=23059089227834

Would love a pipe like that fit for the Ember. The Path Pipe has amazing cooling for smoke, if it was fit for the Ember it might be the endgame. Would look amazing with your "Neo" design.

Sweet looking pipe! Reminds me of the Genius Pipe... Good news is that the Neo will come with a clear(ish) silicone adapter that fits over the chimney and will allow it to form a seal with almost any pipe, slide, etc. :cool:

Black_Prrl,
Reactions: IAmKrazy2

floribud

Sweet looking pipe! Reminds me of the Genius Pipe... Good news is that the Neo will come with a clear(ish) silicone adapter that fits over the chimney and will allow it to form a seal with almost any pipe, slide, etc. :cool:

Wow this sounds great, so the Neo will basically work as a lighter replacement for many pipes.

Do you have a pic/rendering of the Horizontal Neo prototype?

Neo in horizontal mode hooked up to my PathPipe (or a Genius Pipe)... when can I pre-order!

Last edited:
floribud,

david8613

I saw a video of someone using an ember with a sticky brick, I just brought a sticky brick, and might be interested in using the ember vs a torch, anyone here use it this way?

david8613,

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
the Neo will basically work as a lighter replacement for many pipes

Yep... it also works great for low-temp dabbing and we have a SS316 concentrate pad that fits in our pipes. And, we are working on a special glass slide so you can easily use the Neo/Ember with your rig.

Black_Prrl,
Reactions: snamuh

david8613

hey guys I have a sticky brick runt coming my way, and I saw a video of someone using this device instead of a torch to heat the runt and getting good results. anyone here on this thread using this with there sticky brick?

david8613,

kendomeister

Hi all, I saw one of these and was very interested. I have a NewVape flowerpot and love the concept of applying the heat source over the top :).

So I decided to order one... it came today in black... =)

So impressed!.. I’m covering the bowl and firing it up for 5 seconds before taking a drag, I’m getting massive rips, no combustion and it’s really satisfying using the pipe. I was expecting the vape to be a lot hotter or harsher given the length of the pipe, but it’s not at all. The pipe works great and the vapour is really satisfying.

Well done guys at Prrl Labs this is a great product.
:peace:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Any pics of the heater and air path? Like the idea very much.

Hey! Sorry for not seeing this before. You can check out some pics at PrrlLabs.com and on Instagram @Prrl_Labs. Also, I just started a new thread which has a lot more info.

Jason Mendoza

Hey y'all, I'm going to be looking for a Prrl neo used. What should I know about updates and versions? I've researched with no luck. Time to ask the audience. Thoughts? If there is a newer v older, how would i know?
Thanks much.

Jason Mendoza,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey y'all, I'm going to be looking for a Prrl neo used. What should I know about updates and versions? I've researched with no luck. Time to ask the audience. Thoughts? If there is a newer v older, how would i know?
Thanks much.

Hey man, this product is discontinued I think, but you're asking about the Neo, so you should go below, it has all the latest :tup:

Top Bottom