• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Ember by prrl labs

Darr1

I don't think you can compare it to any of those because he said it was woody tasting because of the pipe.
Yea fair point I understand that, just seen a couple of vids and they are saying you get to taste the flower , so wondererd how good flavour was compared to something like ghost which has flavoursom first few hits .

Darr1,
Reactions: ataxian

Dabtanian

I'm really interested in these. Really hoping it could be the answer to me finally stopping combusting bongs.
Waiting to see some more detailed opinions before I purchase.

But I think the concept is perfect for any long term bong smoker like my self really struggling to stop combusting.

Things like:
Does the heater unit its self give off a woody taste when used with a glass slide or us that purely from the pipe.

Longevity of the coil with it potentially oxidising.

Also what modifications they have made to a standard cuboid to the one they include. As I already own one. I wouldn't really wana pay for a second ortho that's more a personal side note than a real concern.

Darr1

All good questions and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to answer. I do think however the pipe gives off the wood taste and not the heater. I've ordered a unit but not sure when finished units ship hopefully this month (fingers crossed) would be good if someone from prrl labs could throw some light on your questions and when they will ship ?

Vision103

Vision103
I have one of the prototypes. They are get. If you like the magic flight you'll love this. Ultra pure taste and even roast. I gave it to my neighbor who never vapes to use it and he got it right away. I could see this being a very good edc.

pongvape

Manufacturer —Designing & Manufacturing Prrl Labs
Manufacturer
I have to say this intrigued me for some reason. I think the ability to potentially hook it up to and pipe. I can see Ratchet making a Silicone Adapter of some sort. I can see converting some people who love their glass collection and the act of putting a heat source to the herb.

Anyway I preorder the Pearl. Then I saw the above post saying they purchased the EMBER using a code for $50 discount. That didn’t work for me. I figured it would be nice to play around with the EMBER before the Pearl is released. Can someone from the US confirm that coupon code?

Thanks
Were you able order the Ember? I haven't been able to stay up to date with FC. LMK. Josh

pongvape

Manufacturer
Want just say hello from Portland, OR. Quick Ember update: Nathan will be delivering the pipes and housing tomorrow, Trevor will be perfecting the fritted glass disc screen this week, and we'll be sending all the pre-orders out within two weeks.
We've sent a few out to reviewers and they all enjoy the experience and the taste. There is a sense of throwback--passing the pipe around--combined with the full flavor and effect of flower vaping.
We're really excited about getting these out to everyone that's pre-ordered. The February pre-order discount is $35 (code FEBEMBER). It'll run out when we send the first batch out.

Mike just posted a solid draw with his bong without any accessory.

And we are designing a silicone attachment that will make a great seal to just about anything. We used it on an old tobacco pipe. Someone mentioned "Ratchet" making a fitting. We'd love to contact them about collaboration. We need someone with their expertise. Little help finding them?

w: PrrlLabs.com
IG: @theprrl
FB: theprrl

Vision103

Vision103
I got this unit about a week ago. This is a very pure easy to use vape. The taste is on point. The feel in the hand is very natural The heater could be used with a lot more then the pipe too. Basically anything it fits over it will heat wich is very cool. More testing to do with concentrates but so far so good

hoyo77

I kinda want one of these badboys...hate with that VAS kicks in!! Can someone here recommend an all glass pipe that can be used with it..something similar in profile to the stock wood pipe.

Vision103

Vision103
I kinda want one of these badboys...hate with that VAS kicks in!! Can someone here recommend an all glass pipe that can be used with it..something similar in profile to the stock wood pipe.
For now I don't think they are making a glass pipe. If you get a glass stem that is cup shaped it will work

pongvape

Manufacturer
I know we've had several questions about the wire in the Ember. Mark, the brains of the operation, wrote the following response to the question, while still keeping it as IP:

We really appreciate that y’all are curious about the heating element wire, and we’re not trying to be coy, nor evasive. Finding a material that would meet our criteria for purity has been one of our primary challenges these past 18 months. We tested out most of the wires used in the e-cig community and quickly found them to be unsuitable for our application. Not only did they degrade with repeated use, online research revealed that many offgas toxic fumes under certain conditions.

We spent over a year researching industrial material applications, reverse-engineering current vaporizers, and pouring over patents before we discovered this special material. It’s a nickel-based super alloy similar to Inconel, specially designed for high temperature applications where there are repeated thermal cycles. It is highly corrosion and oxidation resistant—even in the presence of jet engine combustion gases up to 1700°F.

Having put this wire through many, many thermal cycles, we have not noticed any degradation in the wire, nor tell-tale oxidation “dust” that you see when you take apart some of the vapes out there. Nor, is there any discernible taste effects when we conducted dry-burn testing. The MSDS only mentions caution during the production of the metal, not in its use. And, it’s used in an industrial application where workers are exposed to the high temp wire, but there are no known complaints of toxicity. [not that we trust industry to disclose such reports, but hey, it's another data point]​

pongvape

Manufacturer
So what happened to the Prrl itself? The website and IG seems to have deleted all mentions of it in the last month.
It's still in the docket, in the plans, but we had to focus on the Ember. We gave it a go to start with the Prrl, but it amounted to a bigger lift than we could handle.
At the moment we are focusing on perfecting the Ember and introducing it to the market. We do have a couple of working prototypes of the Prrl that we sesh with when in need of a bit of inspiration.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
First foray into mod based vaporizer devices. Prrl Labs sent me one of their vapes for testing (*might* be working on a Co-Lab, we'll see).

It's a cool vape, heats up real fast, vapor path on the dry stems seems legit, real nice flavor on the vapor produced. Looks like it'll fit S&B Dosing Capsules as well..... Yup, just confirmed.

Running mine a bit hotter around 29watts on the mod (Cuboid Mini).

Only thing I don't like is that it's a two-handed operation, the mouthpiece doesn't affix to the vape for one-handed operation. But that's not necessarily a deal breaker to me

Baron23

First foray into mod based vaporizer devices. Prrl Labs sent me one of their vapes for testing (*might* be working on a Co-Lab, we'll see).

It's a cool vape, heats up real fast, vapor path on the dry stems seems legit, real nice flavor on the vapor produced. Looks like it'll fit S&B Dosing Capsules as well..... Yup, just confirmed.

Running mine a bit hotter around 29watts on the mod (Cuboid Mini).

Only thing I don't like is that it's a two-handed operation, the mouthpiece doesn't affix to the vape for one-handed operation. But that's not necessarily a deal breaker to me
Thanks for the feedback, Mike. Glad its working well for you. Keep us updated, please.

@ohmygodimsohigh had one out at CHAMPS but I didn't get to try it....as I was already pretty faded from @stickstones four FP rig and @Stu 's G43. I just don't have the legs for it anymore at 66! haha

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the feedback, Mike. Glad its working well for you. Keep us updated, please.

@ohmygodimsohigh had one out at CHAMPS but I didn't get to try it....as I was already pretty faded from @stickstones four FP rig and @Stu 's G43. I just don't have the legs for it anymore at 66! haha
Really wish I made it out to CHAMPS this year, I was totally planning on going. Sadly I was far too busy to take a long weekend and fly out to the show with @stickstones

I swear one of these days I'll streamline manufacturing to the point where I can take a week off and enjoy attending a show! :bang:

Trying my second sesh @23watts. Enjoying the flavor profile. Although my unit seems to be favoring a 1/4 section of my oven for heating. Stirring helps, but I'm still having concerns about distribution of heat. I'm thinking dosing capsules might help capture/distribute this heat evenly around the load. Going to do a bit more testing before I get a feel for the vape. But fuck me, this mod is completely different from the days of the Atmos RAW atomizer vapes! :lol:

Btw, Cuboid Mini batteries are terribly confusing, I'm not a big fan of the interface. And I literally had to destroy the OEM juice tank to remove it because it had been installed too tight (had to break out the hacksaw and cut into the threads to create a slot for my flathead screwdriver to slot into and twist to break the 510 connection! :o ). Then it took me another few days before I figured how to switch the battery to power mode to configure power output.

So far I'm rocking between 23 watts and 30 watts, although I think I'm going to push the power output higher because the ABV color isn't quite as dark as I like it

Baron23

Really wish I made it out to CHAMPS this year, I was totally planning on going. Sadly I was far too busy to take a long weekend and fly out to the show with @stickstones

I swear one of these days I'll streamline manufacturing to the point where I can take a week off and enjoy attending a show! :bang:

Trying my second sesh @23watts. Enjoying the flavor profile. Although my unit seems to be favoring a 1/4 section of my oven for heating. Stirring helps, but I'm still having concerns about distribution of heat. I'm thinking dosing capsules might help capture/distribute this heat evenly around the load. Going to do a bit more testing before I get a feel for the vape. But fuck me, this mod is completely different from the days of the Atmos RAW atomizer vapes! :lol:

Btw, Cuboid Mini batteries are terribly confusing, I'm not a big fan of the interface. And I literally had to destroy the OEM juice tank to remove it because it had been installed too tight (had to break out the hacksaw and cut into the threads to create a slot for my flathead screwdriver to slot into and twist to break the 510 connection! :o ). Then it took me another few days before I figured how to switch the battery to power mode to configure power output.

So far I'm rocking between 23 watts and 30 watts, although I think I'm going to push the power output higher because the ABV color isn't quite as dark as I like it
Might also want to try topping the load w a S&B liquid pad. Adds additional conduction and really smoothes out the extraction and gives very even AVB.

I do this regularly w my Mighty. Like it better than dosing caps.

You did miss a good party, my friend.

ohmygodimsohigh

Why didn't we put Stu's G43 in the 5th bong intake? It would have been 4 flowerpots and a G43 but I feel like the G43 would have held its own no prob.

Regarding the Ember... I use it different than the manufacture instructs.
Their instructions describe taking like 30 hits.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

I use a technique similar to the Firefly 2 to ramp up vapor production and pull big milky hits.
I show how this technique works around the 16:30 mark in this video

Since the Ember's custom arctic fox config uses a higher wattage for the first 5 seconds of the heatup, I cheat and restart the heating cycle a few times during the beginning of the hit in order to get more convection going.

I can finish an ember bowl in about 3 hits and I still have fun using it!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Why didn't we put Stu's G43 in the 5th bong intake? It would have been 4 flowerpots and a G43 but I feel like the G43 would have held its own no prob.
Ah....too stoned at the time to think of it??? LOL
No, too stoned to notice that I did it. :lol:

IMG-1116a.jpg

Enhance.
IMG-1116b.jpg

:peace:

Top Bottom