Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

pudgewack

I received my walnut Elite a couple days ago. It kicks ass! Heats up instantly and provides very good hits. I am stoked to finally have an all in one device that combines a badass heater with a DNA chip; all packed in a nicely finished chunk of walnut. My Splinter Z, iHeat, and Imp will not being seeing much use now that the Elite has landed.

Did anyone else from this recent batch receive the "old" face plate with the screws? Kind of surprised that mine was the "old" style, but not too concerned due to the awesome performance of the Elite.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
The way the face plate attaches to the unit has no real effect on anything. It's a bit about cosmetics, but a lot easier and more efficient to build with the shorter plate. I opted to make the change, but couldn't scrap the hours of work invested in the growing inventory. There are still a few Walnut full face cover plates left, really nice units. My DD is a Walnut unit with a full cover plate. I am also breaking in a Cherry unit with a new plate. Cherry is secretly my favorite wood. I believe Cherry, Maple and Waple are all the shorter plates only.

Speaking of Waple. the last blend was mostly Maple, with the bowl / coil chamber in the larger Maple half of the unit. I still have 3 or 4 of those left to sell (those blends are on sale at 20% off). This latest Waple creation is mostly Walnut, with the bowl and coil chamber in the larger Walnut half. The Split is 40 mm / 30 mm (same as bottom cap) and the bottom cap (on the coil side) and cover plate will also be Walnut, while the back plate (on Maple battery side) will be Maple. This is gonna be a bad ass Waple Blend, and there will be five of those for now.

For reference, below is the current *sale* Waple at 20% off. The new Waples will be flipped (Walnut and Maple) and the bottom cap, cover plate, and roasting tube will stay Walnut. The battery back plate will be Maple.
20190527-154743.jpg

Last edited:

Hagbard Celine

Got my Walnut Elite today too. Mine too is the old style faceplate with the screws. Not sure how much I care (havent even tried it out yet), but a little surprising to receive an older style while watching all the progress being made in real-time on the thread.

Mine too is missing a stem and a couple of cooling glass inserts (sending a PM Mike).

Also, can you explain whats written on the back of the battery cover - there a re a couple of numbers scrawled down...is that the serial number and then the assigned cold ohm settinsg for the unit? Thank

HerbieVonVapster

Received mine today.

New unit is smaller than my batch one and has the new front faceplate. I like this change from front view but feel the exposed screw on side just doesn't look as good compared to my original.

Air restriction is slight more and AVB is nice and even vaped. No charing or hot spot no matter how hard i draw. With my batch one I can get a slight amount of charring if i drew too fast.

Between the smaller over all size and improvement to the air intake liking the changes to design. It's nice to also have the light above fire button exposed :)

ChooChooCharlie

booth.jpg

Look at that poor guy, no stem

Dropped it off at woodworker's booth today, saw several questioning eyeballs staring

He held it and started naming wood, cocobolo buttons? Told him I had ordered a walnut stem, but he thought it should match the maple, not breaking the vertical flow. Grabbed a couple of his wood razor handles to show difference. Looked at my capsule stem and said sure, no problem to make. Said he'd take shots and a little video after making stem

Here's a shot of the battery cover. Maybe @Bravesst could decipher for us

Batt-cover.jpg

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Congratulations, @pudgewack , @Hagbard Celine , @HerbieVonVapster, @ChooChooCharlie om your new Buds! :nod::clap:

Congratulations @Bravesst for yet another batch of functional art! Amazing man! Congrats for yet again mixing or fucking up roasting tube orders ! Hahah funny but not , don't make me bust a PAM on you ;)

You know you're a stoner when...

You go visit a friend for the weekend, pack your Elite with a full battery and 1 spare battery for backup. You also bring your vapcap and torch for extra backup . All is fun then you realize (fuckin clue in) on Saturday night your Elite comes with a USB charging port !! Not that you've needed it yet , but still ... D'uh!!! :doh::lol:

worth a pic for y' all :cool:
IMG-4170.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
booth.jpg

Look at that poor guy, no stem

Dropped it off at woodworker's booth today, saw several questioning eyeballs staring

He held it and started naming wood, cocobolo buttons? Told him I had ordered a walnut stem, but he thought it should match the maple, not breaking the vertical flow. Grabbed a couple of his wood razor handles to show difference. Looked at my capsule stem and said sure, no problem to make. Said he'd take shots and a little video after making stem

Here's a shot of the battery cover. Maybe @Bravesst could decipher for us

Batt-cover.jpg
May / Waple / #05
Cold Ohms .29
TCR. 00175

All those setting are pre-set, along with the case thermals and mod resistance for the Elite. Each unit was run through extensive testing, and I have a *page* on every Elite that ships. Not sure if I'll need to do this forever, but I am keeping a close eye on the first few batches. I think it is paying off, because once again reviews are consistently good. Looks like we have a real winner here.

I've been thinking about how to get Lil' Bud exposed to a larger audience. Between the Classic and the Elite, we offer products in the $200 and $300 range. We all know how much goes into a *hand-build*, and as they say, *parts ain't cheap*. There are things I could do to drop pricing.
1. Glass roasting tubes cost under $5 vs $25 for custom wood (savings of $20)
2. Stock DNA buttons are $5 (savings of $15)
3. Take assembly short cuts to shave time
a) Just glue in a glass female 19/22 joint instead of boring the taper into the wood
b) Forget about tinning every wire stripped, making it virtually solid
c) Give up the ability to disassemble with minimal screws apparent, no adhesives used in build process
d) Not solder every connection, keeping connectivity high, resistance low
e) Drop the use of traditional woodworking joinery to create body (multiple mortises, box joint, dadoes, grooves)
f) Nix the high level wood finish (600 grit) and heat applied beeswax
Nah...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOYAL CUSTOMERS
30 orders were packed up and shipped out over the last week or so. One order fell to the bottom of the pile, one shipped to the wrong place. This has been sorted out. It also seems like there must have been some confusion about tubes. Older pre-orders were bare bones. At some point I changed the from the Elite Ala Carte to the Elite Bare Bones and Elite Complete. The Complete is one battery, one tube. Some of you paid for extra tubes or extra glass inserts, or both. If this was the case, and it was left out, please let me know, and be specific. If you could include shipping in your communication, it will help. I'll ship it to you early this week. Thankfully, I won't be dealing with orders over 30 days any longer. I will make one or two visits to the post office every month, working off of pre-assembled inventory. This will keep things rather simple. Also, best way to contact me to make sure I can easily access all information is via email to vapwood420@gmail.com. PM's are okay, but more difficult to search for info. I have information coming at me from many angles.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
What kind of screens are people using for in the roasting tube?
All kinds ! Whatever works for you , dome screen , basket screen , some even use capsules from other vapes . I use a basic flat & round pipe screen like back in combustion days for pipe or bong .. it basically becomes a dome once in the tube . Or as I've done lately I got a dowel to push the screen flat against a table then push it back in the tube to desired depth of my bowl .. that way my load is flat and even inside the tube rather then domed . Have that setup In 2 tubes and I haven't had need to clean them in a couple weeks. I'm loving it , maintenance free :) iposted a pic of few pages back

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@P.A.M. Maintenance Free is just about right. I find that if you place the screen too far back you don't dry the ABV enough, and the screen will gum up much faster. I'm going to measure my optimal distance and mark it on the stir tool, but it's about 5/16" to 3/8". Loaded, there is usually about 1/16 from product to the rim of the tube, but you basically fill the basket. For me this results in the least maintenance, and I can get a couple of weeks, easily, out of a screen before cleaning or replacing, other than dumping/scraping a bit after a load.

In my experience, @Alan's screens rock - simply a flat 12 mm basket screen. They offer just the right resistance, with a nice flat bottom for even loading and vaporization. The make it easy to create our *flower puck*.

VoidOfCourse

So much great info in here!
Y'all are dropping some serious gems, thanks guys.
Congratulations, @pudgewack , @Hagbard Celine , @HerbieVonVapster, @ChooChooCharlie om your new Buds! :nod::clap:

Congratulations @Bravesst for yet another batch of functional art! Amazing man! Congrats for yet again mixing or fucking up roasting tube orders ! Hahah funny but not , don't make me bust a PAM on you ;)

You know you're a stoner when...

You go visit a friend for the weekend, pack your Elite with a full battery and 1 spare battery for backup. You also bring your vapcap and torch for extra backup . All is fun then you realize (fuckin clue in) on Saturday night your Elite comes with a USB charging port !! Not that you've needed it yet , but still ... D'uh!!! :doh::lol:

worth a pic for y' all :cool:
IMG-4170.jpg
I like the vibes, homie!
I hope your trip was as positive as the energy your emitting.
I concur, congrats to everyone on their new Elites and to the creator for making it possible, cheers friends!
Lol, I hadn't even thought about the fact that you can charge Elites internally, man this vape is truly something special. The more I think about it the more I see how comprehensive, revolutionary and innovative in regards to dry herb vaping the Elite really is.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Looks like the new drill press has done its job, verticality! The 5/8 *first* hole forms the bowl and leads into the bottom cap, so when the bottom cap is cut out, the hole is revealed from the bottom. The hole is converted to a 20 mm hole to house the coil (drilling a hole in a hole). Normally there is some degree of *wobble* at the bottom of the hole (about 3 inch depth), causing a slightly off center (usually it was front to back) condition that I need to manage as best as possible. The wobble tolerance was probably about .5 mm or even less, very small, but our tolerances are tight, and the more vertical the better as far as centering the heat under the load. My smaller drill press just can't drill to this depth this accurately. At 8 amps it lacks the power to bore these bigger holes effortlessly. It excels at working with the x / y axis vice for all low depth stuff (along the x / y axis). This covers the plate holes, as well as all smaller holes in the unit (IE: side vents).

These 30 Elites rolling off the *assembly* line are sheer works of art. This time around I feel like I've found the Elite building groove, allowing me to work with 30 units simultaneously (maybe I'll regret this when it comes to sanding and finish work). Pretty soon all 30 will be in pre-assembly. Everything is happening together, unit body, bottom cap, back plate, cover plate are all roughed as well. This will accelerate things at pre-assembly time. I have another dozen Classics going along for the ride.
I admit, I could use a retailer, even though I'm the best designer and manufacturer I can be. I've had some awesome teachers, but doing all three, designing, building, and selling is a tough business. I ask if you have any issue to contact me directly and let me have the first shot at sorting it out. If you feel the need to post on the forum, please realize that it won't produce any different, or even faster results than a direct, hopefully courteous, email. Thank you, as I'm here to solve all of your issues as best as I can.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I like the vibes, homie!
I hope your trip was as positive as the energy your emitting.
I concur, congrats to everyone on their new Elites and to the creator for making it possible, cheers friends!
Lol, I hadn't even thought about the fact that you can charge Elites internally, man this vape is truly something special. The more I think about it the more I see how comprehensive, revolutionary and innovative in regards to dry herb vaping the Elite really is.

Thank you for the kind words & wishes ! Yes, t'was a good weekend. Glad you are loving your LB Classic! :rockon:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I apologize, my *wantwaple* coupon code (save 20%) wasn't working - all fixed. Somehow it cut out due limit reached, which actually did not happen. I removed the limit altogether and will just keep an eye on it.

This is what we're working on now, I'll call it my Top 40. They are all about to go into pre-assembly, meaning the bottom cap (or switch box with the Classic) is about to be attached to the body. Each cap is already drilled out and ready (see extra caps on the right). All back plates (bottom right) are formed and magnet holes drilled (on units as well). Cover plates are made in pairs (long narrow boards, left side of right box) to make carving out the under mounts easier. You can see the one row of Classics (8 units, 2nd row from left), but there is about 30 Elites being worked on. Next up is creating cover plates and attaching both back plate and cover plate before final sanding and finishing with beeswax.

Coupon Code # 2 / Top40 will save FC members $20 on anything in the box below, at least until the end of June
Walnut / Cherry / Waple - Classic and Elites!
20190604-171112.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Impressive organization!
Nice that you noticed, because this time around *organization* is the name of the game. Every back plate, cover plate, bottom cap, all being worked on simultaneously. Today, I start to put it all together for pre-assembly. I still need to attach the bottom caps and route the board mortise, fit the back plate, attach magnets, build 30 cover plates and fit them to the unit, final sand, finish, and PRE-assembly will be done. In pre-assembly, each unit is one hour from final assembly, and that is how most of my inventory will remain until sold.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Long day in the shop. Tapered hole bored for the first time with the new 12 amp drill press. Wow, it made short work of just about 40 holes. This is what this drill press was built for. The smaller press does all the light super accurate stuff, the large press bores the large, deep holes.

These bad boys are really starting to look like something
20190605-171742.jpg

Figured Waple
20190605-172053.jpg

A few select Koa's
20190605-171836.jpg

Of course there are plenty of Walnut, Cherry, and Maple in the mix...

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Wow that koa looks nice!

I don't like working with Koa, super dense and heavy. Once built it is pretty awesome however. I've sold and shipped one Koa Elite so far. I've got a few UNSOLD that I am selling at the Walnut price point ($299 BB & $329 Complete / >> https://vapwood.com). Don't forget the coupon code TOP40 and get another $20 off. The next batch of Koa's will probably be a bit more due the added difficulty working with Koa, IF and when I build them. I think I have 4. Bottom cap, cover plate, back plate are Walnut.

VoidOfCourse

Beautiful grain figuring contrast in the pieces on that Figured Waple.

The website is really popping on mobile, wow!
The Lil' Bud Show, yess!!:rockon:

VoidOfCourse,
Reactions: Easywider

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Not my best morning. I think I have allergies or a sinus infection. I wear breathing protection, but sometimes the shop can get pretty dusty. I think I over did. I probably should stay outta the wood shop today. All back plates are cut, magnet holes drilled, but I still have to fit and fare up all 40 back plates (usually make them a drop large) and add the magnets - very little dust, and that's what I'll work on today. Next up will be board mortises (switch hole on the Classic). After that is coil forming time.

There will be one difference in forming coils. The wood disc the coil was mounted to is 7/8 x 1/4 (nominal 3/16). My replacement laser cut discs are thinner at 1/8. I like how *round* these are, will fit more easily into my 7/8 bored hole. Theoretically, it'll place the coil a 1/16 further from the top of the unit (load), but. I'm going to play with this, and if need be increase the height at which the coil sits (make the leads 1/16 longer).

Here it is, in all its glory, the instaHeat coil, designed by @Alan, adapted to Lil' Bud mounted to a 7/8 WOOD disc
20190606-054022.jpg

Top Bottom