Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yogurtsauce

@LabPong I had checked the settings on page 1 of the manual but it was getting a little too technical beyond that. However, your post made me take a further look, whereupon I found this little gem on page 3...

“For the 15.8 mm coil and nail that we offer, PSL should be set to 1.28 (the standard setting is 1.00) if you want the display to show the nail temperature”

I thought that would be the solution but unfortunately not. I set the coil to 600 and it rose quickly to 515 and then held steady but it wouldn’t go any further. I then increased the setting to 671 to see if anything had changed from my last attempt (it hadn’t) but it did give me an opportunity to take a photo of the glowing coil...

C6-CCD7-BF-725-C-4251-9-CD5-E511-D1-D765-B7.jpg

@yogurtsauce the video you posted instructs the viewer on how to perform an auto tune. This isn’t necessary (or possible?) on the Auber RDK300 so far as I’m aware :peace:
Okay you hold the button for 5 seconds until the lock comes on.

Then you put 155 up, and press.

Psl should display and now you want to change it to 1.28, and press.

You can keep the max temp at 900 if you want. (HL) MAKE SURE THIS IS HIGH.

if it’s still not working, you need to calculate your own PSL. You need a thermometer (not a single point infrared).

PSL=x/y

x= the temperature on the pid
Y= the actual temperature of the coil you take with a thermometer.

Last edited:
yogurtsauce,

Terpenetime

@LabPong you’ve misunderstood me. I had followed that procedure but it didn’t make any difference.

Anyway, I’ve tried again this evening. Set the target temp to 600, watched it rise to circa 517 then hold. In an attempt to get it up to 600 I increased the target to 671 and watched it rise until 570 but then it again held steady, whilst the coils are also by now glowing red.

I decided to hit it anyway in order to judge it by results and was immediately right on the edge of combustion. It was clearly too hot. I turned the target temp back down to 600 and hit it again twice whilst the actual temp dropped down towards 517.

I think the problem may be that the target temp and coil temps are aligned but the actual temp reading is lower than it should be.

If I turn the lights out I can see the glow of the middle two rows of the coil whilst it’s set at target 600 / actual 517. When I’m ready to take another hit I’ll try it at these settings and see what happens.

I’ll report back tomorrow :wave:

Terpenetime,

Terpenetime

Judging by results, target 600F / actual 517F was still clearly too hot so I went down to target 530 / actual 517, which gave a very full extraction but very little flavour, even on the first hit.

I therefore decided to lower the temperature even further to target 500, which gave an actual reading of 440. The first hit was terpy but still produced plenty of vapour and subsequent hits were cloudy too but this wasn’t quite hot enough to extract absolutely everything out of the material. Consequently I think it might be possible to start off even lower, although any extraction at those temps shouldn’t in theory be possible.

My conclusion is that the coil is clearly working but the ‘actual’ temperature on the display is less than the temperature the coil is reaching, meaning that it is running way hotter than it should be.

Terpenetime,

yogurtsauce

Judging by results, target 600F / actual 517F was still clearly too hot so I went down to target 530 / actual 517, which gave a very full extraction but very little flavour, even on the first hit.

I therefore decided to lower the temperature even further to target 500, which gave an actual reading of 440. The first hit was terpy but still produced plenty of vapour and subsequent hits were cloudy too but this wasn’t quite hot enough to extract absolutely everything out of the material. Consequently I think it might be possible to start off even lower, although any extraction at those temps shouldn’t in theory be possible.

My conclusion is that the coil is clearly working but the ‘actual’ temperature on the display is less than the temperature the coil is reaching, meaning that it is running way hotter than it should be.
You need to calculator your PSL and enter it on your pid.
Psl=temp on pid/actual temp. Then you enter that ratio into your pid

yogurtsauce,

GoldenBud

Will have to re-purchase this beast after covid 19 epidemic, got refunded, no usps shipping to my country now :x

GoldenBud,

Choices

I have a Sneaky Pete Globe with the 14mm joints. Would those of you using this with a torch feel this is a sufficient size water piece to pair with it or is this too small, i.e. tipsy? I’ve never used a water piece with any of my vapes and in fact forgot I had actually bought it, planning to use it with one of my other vapes. But with the Elev8r Rig Kit available for under $50 I thought I’d check with the experts before I buy one to pair with my globe...

Choices,

GoldenBud

I have a Sneaky Pete Globe with the 14mm joints. Would those of you using this with a torch feel this is a sufficient size water piece to pair with it or is this too small, i.e. tipsy? I’ve never used a water piece with any of my vapes and in fact forgot I had actually bought it, planning to use it with one of my other vapes. But with the Elev8r Rig Kit available for under $50 I thought I’d check with the experts before I buy one to pair with my globe...
it's perfect. many people use D020 with their ELEV8R, The Globe has almost the same volume I think.

GoldenBud,

Choices

this bubbler:
Capture.jpg
Ahhh... Yeah that looks a bit more stable than a flat bottomed globe. Maybe I’ll figure out a way make it more stable and less top heavy with some sort of base. I’m just paranoid about that heated tip flopping over and scorching me or part of my home.

Oogendoogan

About to join the club!!

Thanks to the amazing service from @VGOODIEZ An Elev8r with Auber coil is heading my way!
Fantastic 420 sale that I could not miss!

Guess I have some reading up to do and hopefully there will be some videos!!
Your gonna love it. Reminds me of the GS but smaller and easier to use. Still prefer my SH and SV3 for one hit extraction but the elev8r with a coil and heater full of beads has become my top pic for flavor and smooth clouds. The clouds are huge too. Like thicker clouds and more of them than the FP or Supreme. That’s one thing that always has and always will throw me off about vapes, why some are stronger with less vapor or weaker with more and thicker vapor. For example the grasshopper has some of the thickest vapor of any vape I’ve use and it produces a ton of it for how much you put it. It hits hard too, but not nearly as hard as my FP or SV3 or elv8r.. wouldn’t you think that thickest vapor = strongest vape? Anyways the elev8r gives me thicker hits than my other heavies with a smoother and tastier hit. It does not hit quite as hard tho. With your collection it will fit right in. Im exited to hear what you think cuz I know your a flavor guy and I think this thing is top notch for flavor. Always fun sharing a vape/thread with ya man. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I have been.

GoldenBud

Ahhh... Yeah that looks a bit more stable than a flat bottomed globe. Maybe I’ll figure out a way make it more stable and less top heavy with some sort of base. I’m just paranoid about that heated tip flopping over and scorching me or part of my home.
yeah some pad like this? a silicone pad I think?
Capture.jpg

Choices

Just ordered the rig kit version of this from @VGOODIEZ for only $44 using the sale code. I can always grab the wand later during a sale at Elev8 for under $30 should I need it. I’m excited to compare and contrast it with other vapes, but from the entries I’ve already read, it appears comparisons won’t likely be done at the same sitting.

LabPong

Just ordered the rig kit version of this from @VGOODIEZ for only $44 using the sale code. I can always grab the wand later during a sale at Elev8 for under $30 should I need it. I’m excited to compare and contrast it with other vapes, but from the entries I’ve already read, it appears comparisons won’t likely be done at the same sitting.

Not sure why size sneaky pete globe you have....the mega globe would be the one I would go with there..but get a medium sized or larger glass rig for the Elev8r. There are also many variants of the D020 rigs....some are much bigger than the others.

You picked the best tasting and one of the most powerful vape on the market now!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Your gonna love it. Reminds me of the GS but smaller and easier to use. Still prefer my SH and SV3 for one hit extraction but the elev8r with a coil and heater full of beads has become my top pic for flavor and smooth clouds. The clouds are huge too. Like thicker clouds and more of them than the FP or Supreme. That’s one thing that always has and always will throw me off about vapes, why some are stronger with less vapor or weaker with more and thicker vapor. For example the grasshopper has some of the thickest vapor of any vape I’ve use and it produces a ton of it for how much you put it. It hits hard too, but not nearly as hard as my FP or SV3 or elv8r.. wouldn’t you think that thickest vapor = strongest vape? Anyways the elev8r gives me thicker hits than my other heavies with a smoother and tastier hit. It does not hit quite as hard tho. With your collection it will fit right in. Im exited to hear what you think cuz I know your a flavor guy and I think this thing is top notch for flavor. Always fun sharing a vape/thread with ya man. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I have been.

I am really looking forward to it!
You say you fill it with beads?
Do you have any more info on this as to size of beads. I have a jar full of 3mm beads...:science:

Talking about vapor density, I notice with some vapes that produce dense vapor, what I blow out is very whispy. Whilst others that are dense come out just as dense. Confuses me!

Very happy to hear that with a few mods, who does not love modding stuff. that this will be a cloud machine! And provide the flavor! This I want to experience!!

Great seeing you here bro and good to know you really like this setup!
Think I will be in good hands!

Will take some vids when it arrives!

virtualpurple

Does anyone know if the coils for an auber are the same pin configuration as what is used by hi-five? @lazylathe i believe you have owned both, can you set me straight?

if so, I will likely be throwing money at @VGOODIEZ. 4/20 may be over but that dude is just great to do business with.

LabPong

Do you have any more info on this as to size of beads. I have a jar full of 3mm beads...:science:

Talking about vapor density, I notice with some vapes that produce dense vapor, what I blow out is very whispy. Whilst others that are dense come out just as dense. Confuses me!

Very happy to hear that with a few mods, who does not love modding stuff. that this will be a cloud machine! And provide the flavor! This I want to experience!!

If I were you.....dont even mess with putting stuff in the heater piece...use native...totally the best way.

I like to remove stuff that is not needed...and on the Elev8r heater piece...I take out the screen at the bottom. So I get free flowing clean vapor with no limits on purity except the SS screen in the bowl.

The trade off for longer heat retention....is not worth the little you get and also the restriction sux to me and my lungs...lol The best thing about hitting the Elev8r...is the free draw!

Oogendoogan

I just use 3mm glass “slingshot” beads from eBay. same beads I use in my DBV and tons of cooling stems too. It does add a bit of restriction air wise but just enough to make it effortless and thoughtless to get the perfect draw. I see a couple members here saying the balls add too much resistance but they let me run my controller like 30-50 degrees lower and get much fuller extraction with better flavor. I mean better flavor for a larger hit.

I’m sure without beads at all the flavor could be as good or better, but to get the same clouds would mean cranking it higher and I don’t think that would result in better flavor. Obviously it’s a preference overall but if you have 3mm balls it’s def worth giving them a go.

And yeah man I totally get that same thing with a few vapes. My FP really does that where I get a huge milky hit but sometimes what I blow out is like nothing. It’s weird and it confuses me lol. The elv8r is nice because for the strength of the vapor the thickness makes sense. It’s a very satisfying vape to use and watch.

The clouds are thick on inhale and exhale and so smooth and tasty. This adds up to a pretty top notch experience and IMO this vape can keep up with most of the heavies and forsure at least matches most flavor wise.

Gonna be on the lookout for those videos. I love seeing that giant roor vapor bubbler you have milk up with vapor. You still have that I hope? Anyways hope all is well with you. Enjoy the elev8r when all parts land. I look forward to hearing your opinion about this one.

Top Bottom