Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dubmonkey

Balls - what size balls can be added into the heater? 3mm or 4mm? And how many? Thinking of snagging some rubies or sapphire balls to drop into the heater.

How does one know if they got a glass or quartz heater? I have a non-frosted heater and the edge is non-frosted. I am thinking I got a boro one. Can someone please confirm if my understanding is correct.

I tried wrapping my heater with a 10mm Dnail coil and it worked for a bit but then my PID controller would shut off. Like there is a bad ground or something. Or it can’t read the temp and keeps fluctuating. So it trips it to,turn off. Thinking of picking up a set up from vgoodiez which is pre-wrapped with a coil. Figure let the pro do it

nonamekevin

Balls - what size balls can be added into the heater? 3mm or 4mm? And how many? Thinking of snagging some rubies or sapphire balls to drop into the heater.

How does one know if they got a glass or quartz heater? I have a non-frosted heater and the edge is non-frosted. I am thinking I got a boro one. Can someone please confirm if my understanding is correct.

I tried wrapping my heater with a 10mm Dnail coil and it worked for a bit but then my PID controller would shut off. Like there is a bad ground or something. Or it can’t read the temp and keeps fluctuating. So it trips it to,turn off. Thinking of picking up a set up from vgoodiez which is pre-wrapped with a coil. Figure let the pro do it
I've used 3mm balls in the heater, filled up as much as would fit (I didn't count, but couldn't fit a single extra ball in). I found it way too restrictive, it works fantastic without any balls added.

For the heater, I think the frosted joints are the Boro heaters while the unground joints are the quartz ones. @LabPong knows for sure.

You may have stretched the 10mm coil a bit beyond its limits, and that's why you are getting issues. Most of us have used a 16mm nail and have massaged it to make it work.
:rockon:

Vital

Does anyone know of a 16mm coil that works with the Auber RDK-300A?

Sadly, the 16mm coil The Dabbing Warehouse sells is NOT compatible with the Auber RDK-300A. :cry:

I want to add that Gary and Maria over at The Dabbing Warehouse are great people, and I would highly recommend the store to everyone. :tup:

Last edited:
Vital,

LabPong

Does anyone know of a 16mm coil that works with the Auber RDK-300A?

Sadly, the 16mm coil The Dabbing Warehouse sells is NOT compatible with the Auber RDK-300A. :cry:

I want to add that Gary and Maria over at The Dabbing Warehouse are great people, and I would highly recommend the store to everyone. :tup:

Get the 15.8mm coil direct from Auber. HERE

LabPong,

Dubmonkey

Thanks again for the confirmation and to everyone for all the info in this thread assisted me in doing

crusing st 810 and getting nice extraction. My coil might be to loose thus the high tempss. Not bad set up. I think I need a better stand and a bowl that can hold the heater with out the need for the metal clip to hold the heater and bowl together. Pretty good performance and ABV coming out to a not bad darker roast color. Near full extraction.

Gigsabits53

I have a spare Auber RDK 300 with a flat coil. Is there any way to rig this up to a flat coil?
I will probably end up getting the Elev8r regardless. I can always buy a barrel coil if needed.

Gigsabits53,

Dubmonkey

I tried with a 10mm coil and my controller was tripping off but I think I figured out it was my plug in line surge protector that was tripping. You can try with your flat coil it might work. But once you unraveled it there is not going back.

Gigsabits53

Ok thanks guys! That's what I figured.

I'm guessing people would prefer a coil setup to a torch but I'm not sure on that?
The money isn't really an issue. I will end up trying both methods anyway:D

Gigsabits53

I have an induction heater for my DynaVaps but I usually use the torch. Always nice to have options though.

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: Tweakz

nonamekevin

Elev8r + Glass Beads + Coil = baked.
I use it like a flower pot, until my 20mm coil comes
I tried it with 3mm glass beads, filled all the way up. Felt way too restrictive to me compared to no beads. I didn't have a screen in mine.

How do you like the draw restriction? What temp are you running at? :rockon:

yogurtsauce

I tried it with 3mm glass beads, filled all the way up. Felt way too restrictive to me compared to no beads. I didn't have a screen in mine.

How do you like the draw restriction? What temp are you running at? :rockon:

I haven’t noticed the draw restriction. But I prefer my water pieces to be chuggier, so that’s why. I go around 650-665°F for cashing a bowl. I’m still trying to figure out a decent starting temp. Usually around 550 I’ll get good flavor. 600 for brown.

I prefer my vapes to have high draw restriction**

nonamekevin

I haven’t noticed the draw restriction. But I prefer my water pieces to be chuggier, so that’s why. I go around 650-665°F for cashing a bowl. I’m still trying to figure out a decent starting temp. Usually around 550 I’ll get good flavor. 600 for brown.

I prefer my vapes to have high draw restriction**
The temp that you run though is much less than where I'm at, which is usually 775F to 815F. :rockon:

nonamekevin,
Top Bottom