Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danksta

You have been warned before that posts written to offend or attack companies are not allowed. Warning point issued.
That bad huh? I figured $88 wasnt a bad entry point, but just how often are the glass heaters having to be replaced? It hasn't been on the market that long.

Edit: nevermind, I went back and read about your experience. No need to rehash it. If they are willing to stand behind it and replace the heater due to cracking, I think they should provide a specific warranty length for the heaters. Obviously nothing will last forever but having at least a year or two warrantee that it won't crack due to normal, designed use would be nice for peace of mind. I am going to go ahead and reach out to clarify this before my order ships out.

The thread is full of cracked heaters. Not even mine.

It's a bad entry point when the kit isn't very high quality. You get what you pay for as they say.

Trifecta

Dr. Says I Need a Backiotomy

It's a bad entry point when the kit isn't very high quality. You get what you pay for as they say.

Saying this thread is "full of cracked heaters" is a bit disingenuous. There is one person who dropped a hot heater in the snow, one person who has tiny cracks that don't impact function, and your experience.

It's an interesting point to consider definitely, especially with it being so cold right now. Extra care obviously should be taken during the winter.

If switching to quartz really would solve this issue, surely it won't be long before someone offers up a solution in exchange for our hard earned money. QAS!

Last edited:

Alexis

Juat to chime in on cracking concerns- I have absolutely no reason to suspect or believe that the possible (not even confirmed as actual cracks, or scatches) on my heater I showed, were caused by the heating.

It was either- trying to remove and replace the heater with the sick clip, or:
-one time the heater did roll over and knock lightly on the bubbler base.

Second one most likely. Since I noticed the small marks, nothing more has developed. It is not in an area where I even apply heat either. Personally I have no worries at all about my heater cracking from normal usage/heating methods.

It seems to be perfectly capable of handling it. And Im not spinning it much, just turning slowly, holding it for a few seconds and turning a bit more. Just minimal rotation to avoid stress on the glass but keep it easy for myself.

I am sure that the more/faster you spin, the longer it takes to reach heat. I seem to be reaching heat faster than what I see in most videos.
@ShayWhiteGrow , watching your video, from your initial heat up, I was sure you would whitewall that bubbler hard. I heat a lot less and can get monster milky rips.

But I figure your garage may be cold. One thing about this vape though- the air flows so fast, to non Elev8r owners, your hits may look weak compared to many other vapes. But the Elev8r is very deceiving here. You can often see so little vapor in the bubbler, but still blow out very big clouds. Like the Glass Symphony.

And when it milks thick and full- well, I have to stop my draw at that moment to save me over filling my lungs with vapor.

MileHighHuman

Would you feel its worth $50?

How much heat time causes cracking?

45 seconds seems to be the average heat up time for flowers.

Do users think 1 minute 30 seconds (2x heat up time) would damage/break the boro?

Note: ELEV8R use the XL ceramic favor disc if anyone has to purchase replacements. They offer multiple sizes.

MileHighHuman,

Alexis

Would you feel its worth $50?

How much heat time causes cracking?

45 seconds seems to be the average heat up time for flowers.

Do users think 1 minute 30 seconds (2x heat up time) would damage/break the boro?

Note: ELEV8R use the XL ceramic favor disc if anyone has to purchase replacements. They offer multiple sizes.
Easy see my post above bro regarding the cracking. To me this has not been established yet as a major problem.

Only 2 cracked heaters so far- @ShayWhiteGrow (?) I think it was who dropped his hot heater in the snow,
And hopefully @Danksta 's experience will prove to be an isolated case and he will have much better success with the new one.

In both cases 7th Floor reached out with replacement heaters.
So let's just watch and see how things hold up now, if there really is a problem heating the glass, then it will become more and more clear. (No, not the glass!)

Carl Hempel

Hi FC'ers! I've been using the ELEV8R for a little while now and I've become extremely fond of it :brow:

I'm using a Blazer Big Shot and torching for around 30-35 seconds, topping up between hits. Once you get to know your torch and the heater you can dial the temp in pretty consistently. I've yet to combust, and only really came close a couple of times early on.

The regular straight pipe assembly works great but I run most of my vapes through water at home, and the ELEV8R functions majestically with glass & a nice brisk draw. Super hard hitter, with very clear flavour.

Loading concentrates on the flavour disc above a chamber full of herb is a great experience and delivers a thick and potent vapor, you just need to torch a little longer to get the concentrate flowing. I have been totally overpowered by the strength of the combo bowls on more than one occasion:rofl:

The only issue I had really is the removal of the heater when it's hot. The 'sick clip' holds really firm and ELEV8R definitely can be shaken to stir your material, but I don't like getting it off the rig etc. also with larger fills, a shake won't stir things thoroughly enough for me.

I invested in some cheap test tube tongs (Kudos to @ohmygodimsohigh for this solution) and I can now just remove the heater and set it on silicone, while I go at the bowl with the stirrer.

Anyway, to summarise it's a great all glass convection vape, and I'd recommend it - especially with a bubbler and for concentrates / mixed concentrate & flower hits. Does very well with oil. Not for the faint-hearted!

HenQ1Dl.jpg

thedeserttortoise

Just a thought here.. I've read that it's a no-no to use two torch's at once to heat up the heater or any glass due to the two different rates of expansion (is this true)..?? So, are we sure that these double Brulee torch's have the same temperature on both flames? Out of curiosity, for those of you that have experienced cracks, what torch were you using at the time.. If we all weigh in on this we may be able to narrow down the cause.. This isn't really scientific but it might offer up a small bit of insight into the problem.. My Brulee is no longer.. My new Blazer "Big Buddy" is due in tomorrow.. Named after my avatar, a picture of the best friend I ever had, it's got to be a winner! I sure do miss that little guy..... Tortoise

Alexis

Guys and girls- what a calamity last night that could have, and SHOULD have, been so much worse!
I took the whip connector from my Herborizer XL whip to make a better seal with the wide ID hosing I bought.
The whip connector I got from Dhgate, and the one that came with my FC-UFO are too narrow, and I had to use tape to make a seal.
The Herbo whip adapter is perfect, except it points straight up, so the whip goes upwards, not sideways.
I thought this would be better, except it creates some stability issues- the whip makes the bubbler a little top heavy, wobbling around like a crane when it hangs loose.

So anyway, Im super medicated and just in middle of a bowl, UFO is resting on a chair (soft surface), Elev8r on top, and suddenly- the whip swings down, tilts the bubbler upside down, onto the floor head first! Water coming out on carpet!!:doh:

What a muppet! Luckily hemp fiber under the bowl kept water off my load, the heater seems to be COMPLETELY unharmed by the fall.
The bowl itself appears to have the faintest thinnest hairlone crack, but it doesn't look like it could possible ever be a problem unless it took some serious trauma.

However- the glass reducer is CHIPPED! Of all the parts- bowl, heater, bubbler... only the reducer dies! Phew, man I gotta be more careful!

That's it for today's news kids, on with the day.:rockon:

Danksta

@7thFloorVapes reached out Friday to make sure CS had taken care of my issue. They also made me aware they ARE working on quartz heaters. That makes me very very happy. :tup:

I want to thank @7thFloorVapes and their CS reps for reaching out and getting me fixed up. I really DO see lots of potential in this design. It's a joy to use.

I got my replacement heater and have been taking very very good care of it. Being very mindful of what not to do.

Has anyone figured out a SAFE way to remove a hot heater? The downside to this unit is the cool down time. It really is not suited for a group session unless you have multiple bowls and heaters. I fear removing a hot boro heater would risk shattering. Curious if anyone has come up with a solution to having to wait 10min between bowls.

biohacker

Has anyone figured out a SAFE way to remove a hot heater? The downside to this unit is the cool down time. It really is not suited for a group session unless you have multiple bowls and heaters. I fear removing a hot boro heater would risk shattering. Curious if anyone has come up with a solution to having to wait 10min between bowls.

What about Ove gloves or a dish towel?

Alexis

@7thFloorVapes reached out Friday to make sure CS had taken care of my issue. They also made me aware they ARE working on quartz heaters. That makes me very very happy. :tup:

I want to thank @7thFloorVapes and their CS reps for reaching out and getting me fixed up. I really DO see lots of potential in this design. It's a joy to use.

I got my replacement heater and have been taking very very good care of it. Being very mindful of what not to do.

Easy man. I am able to remove the heater immediately after a hit by sort of hooking it and fishing it up with the sick clip, I have a silicone heat mat from eBay to put it on.

Then I just hook it up again by using the nipple, with the wider ring on the Sick clip under the nipple, keeping the heater and clip at an angle to replace it. It is a very loose hold, but easy enough. I also have ordered test tube tongs, which are the perfect solution.

I don't think the heater being hot makes it that prone to damage for this purpose, I mean look what happened last night- the whole thing fell heater first onto the floor, while hot, and sustained no damage!:hmm:
To remove:

To replace:

Anyway bro real glad 7th Floor hooked you up with their usual charming style and you are feeling much happier about the purchase now.:tup:

thedeserttortoise

Hey there Danksta... I got a really nice test tube holder from Amazon for $5.. Been solo vaping and haven't used it yet but its nicely built.. I have a link to it in a post back a few pages. Hope this helps out... Tortoise

Quick edit/add.. Hey @Alexis.. My Blazer Big Buddy torch was just delivered.. It's the one.. It uses about a 1/2 can of butane but oh wow..... that's one hot torch, I'll tell you. About a 12 to 15 second heat up and its almost molten.. Note to self (excuse said self.. is baked) adjust for less heat.. Thanks @Abysmal Vapor for the torch review in this thread... Tortoise

Last edited:
Top Bottom