• Hell Yeah

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • No, thank you

Votes: 12 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Glad to see you are already enjoying it so much. It really is a surprisingly good vaporizer when you can dial it in to your preferences.
I just got my Blazer Big Buddy torch yesterday, I see you have the same one.
@thedeserttortoise , you are right bro, the Big Buddy ROCKS!:rockon:
My enjoyment of using the Elev8r increased dramatically as a result of this torch. So much more enjoyable, fun and comfortable now. And I absolutely swear that the vapor was different as well- superior, smoother and better tasting.

It could have been a coincidence as a result of me being more comfortable and in tune with the heating process, but I am starting to wonder if different torches can actually result in different performance and vapour quality.

@thedeserttortoise have you made any observations to this effect?

Anyway, to all Elev8r lovers, I can strongly reccommend the Big Buddy. Fuck that shitey common double brulee torch!

Have a wicked weekend my Elev8r bros!:rockon:
I think the Elev8r benefits from different torches like the DV... infact i'm sure it does.
i'm thinking about getting a larger single since my fuel gauge broke on my double. how does it affect heat up time

Hey 7th floor...what about a silicone rectangular box the length of the heater that you can slip it on like a condom and squeeze the heater and pull off to dump and reload while hot? :shrug: Being rectangular it wouldn’t roll and you can stand up or lay down the heater in it plus easy to grab and squeeze cause of the corners.:cool:maybe @Ratchett ?:D
either that or a silicone lined ash tray! when you pull up the heater with the sik clip, the radiation heat can make it uncomfortable to hold for extended periods of time...i think what you suggested sounds much better

Alexis

I think the Elev8r benefits from different torches like the DV... infact i'm sure it does.
i'm thinking about getting a larger single since my fuel gauge broke on my double. how does it affect heat up time
Easy man. I think heat up may take a little longer than the double brulee, but I have kept the flame on minimum so far to see if that can suffice to save gas. Im sure if I turned it up more it would heat up much quicker. Did you see @thedeserttortoise 's post where he reports his first Big Buddy use? He said the heat up was way faster than the same brulee we each have (we really should form a club, we can meet up in your garage on a Sunday wearing Elev8r capes, wielding our Brulees...:lol:).

He said it was like a 15 second heat up with the Big Buddy, but I expect he has the gas turned up more.

And yes I do think you are right that diff torches alter the performance and vapor nature/quality. With this Big Buddy, the vapor has definitely been smoother and I have also avoided over darkening my loads so far too.

I have already used 3 times as much gas with the Elev8r in 3 weeks, than in 18 months of intermittent (but regular enough) vapcap usage!!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Man, it's getting hard to wait for this vape to be shipped. I think at this point I either got a fake shipping notification, or it really hasn't even moved in 7 days. The notice said it would be here today, but like I said, it doesn't seem to have actually shipped yet. Dying to get my hands on it and try twaxing with it.

brucee10

Man, it's getting hard to wait for this vape to be shipped. I think at this point I either got a fake shipping notification, or it really hasn't even moved in 7 days. The notice said it would be here today, but like I said, it doesn't seem to have actually shipped yet. Dying to get my hands on it and try twaxing with it.
Mine got lost for 2 days in USPS hell. It did arrive safe and sound though.

thedeserttortoise

Glad to see you are already enjoying it so much. It really is a surprisingly good vaporizer when you can dial it in to your preferences.
I just got my Blazer Big Buddy torch yesterday, I see you have the same one.
@thedeserttortoise , you are right bro, the Big Buddy ROCKS!:rockon:
My enjoyment of using the Elev8r increased dramatically as a result of this torch. So much more enjoyable, fun and comfortable now. And I absolutely swear that the vapor was different as well- superior, smoother and better tasting.

It could have been a coincidence as a result of me being more comfortable and in tune with the heating process, but I am starting to wonder if different torches can actually result in different performance and vapour quality.

@thedeserttortoise have you made any observations to this effect?

Anyway, to all Elev8r lovers, I can strongly reccommend the Big Buddy. Fuck that shitey common double brulee torch!

Have a wicked weekend my Elev8r bros!:rockon:

Hi Alexis... That torch does contribute to the Elev8r experience in a huge way. It just smooth's an impediment into a rather smooth road... I use it bunch's and even more than that since a wonderful (cheap Chinese) bong arrived in the mail. This thing has like three different little ponds of water for the vapor to travel through... I just love watching the cloud migrate through the tubes and glass... Much fun for sure.. I hope all is well with everyone and there is less or no pain in your lives... Take care... Tortoise

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
Hi Alexis... That torch does contribute to the Elev8r experience in a huge way. It just smooth's an impediment into a rather smooth road... I use it bunch's and even more than that since a wonderful (cheap Chinese) bong arrived in the mail. This thing has like three different little ponds of water for the vapor to travel through... I just love watching the cloud migrate through the tubes and glass... Much fun for sure.. I hope all is well with everyone and there is less or no pain in your lives... Take care... Tortoise

What water piece did you get???

JCharles,

Trifecta

Dr. Says I Need a Backiotomy
Received my Elev8r today. Initial impressions are positive. This thing is immediately my favorite vape for concentrates. Not really getting consistent results with flower though and i cant see myself using this over the flowerpot / showerhead for flower at home. But the performance with concentrates is so impressive it makes this a definite keeper. :tup:

thedeserttortoise

What water piece did you get???
I'm just using the water pipe attachment that came with the Elev8r... it really works well.. I have been using it with an adapter (14mm to 18mm) on my favorite silicon bong.. But I get to use it straight into my new Chinese bong with a 14mm joint.. @JCharles .. This new bong was a cheap ($27) one I found on Amazon.. It's 12 inch's tall with a pretty cool bubbler in the ash catcher that travels into the lower main tube through a shower disk and then up a single small tube to the next chamber and out a multi pipe bubbler into the new column of water in that chamber from which it rise's up into my awaiting lungs... Was nice enough I tried to buy another for a friend.. Its no longer even listed.. It took about two months to get here from China.. I think they had some one arm dude swim it across.. This weeks like Christmas.. my new Elev8r, a new bong, and I even got a new laptop/tablet... To bad they weren't present's but necessity's I had to buy myself... Sure makes my neuropathy feel a bit better.... Makes my head feel a lot better too.. Fuck pain and depression.. Herb it all away.. Tortoise

Last edited:

Alexis

Okay, I am officially tired of watching reviews where people lose it in a rave of praise for this apparently amazing vape especially that I don't have one. I finally threw down and I am really looking forward to using this new bare bones vape. My glass is going to love this vape, it screams purity to me like no other vape has.

Time to break my Big Shot out of storage.

:myday:

It's an interesting one for sure. Not a long term daily driver for me, as it could be a bit tedious with the manual heating etc. But it offers very potent effects. The effects I get are up there with the big guns.

Is it as good as/better than the FP? No way, for all the reasons you know well, ease of use and replicated perfect hits every time right up there.

But it is a lot of fun, offering a different ritual, experience and way of getting high.
I see this vape really excelling camping out in the woods, sitting around a fire on a log.
I hope you will find a way to enjoy fitting the Elev8r into your vape routine anyhow.
I will be very interested to hear your impressions, coming from the gold-bar SH standard.

Last edited:

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
2je70cy.png

Updated the screen shot to see the rest of the text.

Last edited:

Trifecta

Im starting to learn the art of vaping herb with this but, like the lifesaber vape before it, it is prone to hotspots. I'm having more consistent results with twaxing in which i load some herb (about 0.25) and then use a ceramic disc with some concentrate on top. Seems the flavor disc helps reduce the hotspots i tend to get with herb by reducing the direct heat.

I feel I must reiterate... There truly is no better way to consume concentrate on earth. I'm really impressed. True Game-changer. Traditional "dabbing" can't touch this flavor and smoothness. E-nail? Efficient but harsh, and titanium does something to the taste. This seems like it was largely designed with concentrates in mind. It's like a dab straw on steroids without the mess, way more efficient and easily achieved results.

And with concentrates there isnt the same concern of "hotspots" like with herb because it just melts and evaporates. As always it helps to use smaller "dabs" to keep things from getting sloppy.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So many different vaporizers...so trapped in reality my cannabis gadgets budget is. So frustrating.
This is what us old timers call VAS...unfortunatley there is no cure! :rofl:

Im starting to learn the art of vaping herb with this but, like the lifesaber vape before it, it is prone to hotspots. I'm having more consistent results with twaxing in which i load some herb (about 0.25) and then use a ceramic disc with some concentrate on top. Seems the flavor disc helps reduce the hotspots i tend to get with herb by reducing the direct heat.

I feel I must reiterate... There truly is no better way to consume concentrate on earth. I'm really impressed. True Game-changer. Traditional "dabbing" can't touch this flavor and smoothness. E-nail? Efficient but harsh, and titanium does something to the taste. This seems like it was largely designed with concentrates in mind. It's like a dab straw on steroids without the mess, way more efficient and easily achieved results.

And with concentrates there isnt the same concern of "hotspots" like with herb because it just melts and evaporates. As always it helps to use smaller "dabs" to keep things from getting sloppy.
Weird. I dont get ANY hotspots while doing flowers in the ELEV8R. I think you just may be too high on the temps (didn't you say you were having trouble getting consistent results with flowers only?)

Alexis

Weird. I dont get ANY hotspots while doing flowers in the ELEV8R. I think you just may be too high on the temps (didn't you say you were having trouble getting consistent results with flowers only?)
Same here, the extraction is pretty even, UNLESS, as you suggest, temps are too high. Then it can brown on top. Not necessary to push mega high temps for huge clouds, but a tough line to draw sometimes.

I got some test tube tongs now as well- makes stirring, checking etc a breeze.

Confession- I did combust TWICE recently pushing things a bit. A big spark lit up in the bowl, but extinguished instantly as I stopped inhale. Smell wasn't too bad either time, much less noticeable and gross than when I push my vapcap too far.

Trifecta

Im learning... it's getting easier for me with flower but yeah im probably getting it too hot. It's not true combustion just uneven and harsh when i go too hot. TBH, im prob mainly just spoiled by the flowerpot's unprecedented consistent, smooth vapor.

I'm gonna try again right now :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom