The Eighteen Millimeter Killer by Good Vibes Boro

Radwin Bodnic

Forgot it. early morning😅

The heater on the Terpcicle is closer to the herb chamber than EMK. Not sure how much convection/conduction is spread but it does go faster with the Terpcicle heat up.
Yeah the gap is huge and imo not adequate.

If you look at this post, you'll see that the capsule is a lot closer to the balls. The taper of the stem fits deeper inside the 18mmK.

Your unit is probably out of specs, you should ask @GoodVibesBoro about it...

Edit : it looks like the taper of your stem might be shorter than the one @Duba has.

Last edited:
Radwin Bodnic,
Reactions: BigJr48

Tji89

The link you gave does not show anything btw. I also believe mine is not adequate. The functionality would certainly been better if it were closer. The looks is also telling as it seems off. The one Duba has seems closer between capsule and balls/ less space in the middle.

I've sent a message to @GoodVibesBoro
Just comparing with the community ✌️

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
You actually need that gap so it doesnt transfer too much heat into the joint its sitting on potentially causing it to get stuck or crack your stem. Also some room is needed to weld the glass screen on without deforming the 18mm female joint

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
You actually need that gap so it doesnt transfer too much heat into the joint its sitting on potentially causing it to get stuck or crack your stem. Also some room is needed to weld the glass screen on without deforming the 18mm female joint
Some carefully thoughts are put into these vapes. I'm still learning. Thank for taking time to answer ✌️

@coolbreeze, hope yours is still whole
Of course happy to help!

GoodVibesBoro,
Reactions: BigJr48

Radwin Bodnic

Hey all,
This little vape finally has landed at home.

Actually, it landed a few weeks ago but on the first heating the top part of the ball container cleanly split apart from the taper of the device, spreading super hot balls all around. Thankfully I didn't burned myself.
According to Michael it has been damaged during shipping. I must say that he as been super responsive, he gave me a tracking number for the replacement the same day I emailed him about the incident. Then I had to wait for the shipping overseas, had to pay for the customs a second time while hoping the device would land intact. (I didn't wanted to reiterate the first experience…)

The package actually contained an extra amber stem with balls trapped inside, a basket screen and an extra leather loop from Duba, plus a few candies. Michael really goes beyond customer service. He has been super generous and fast to replace the device. Hats down @GoodVibesBoro !

First impressions :

The aesthetics of the cap killer are really nice. It makes a light ringing when you move it around and suits perfectly the Sherlock.

foto-no-exif-1.jpg

I used it with the 18mm male2male part of the basket bowl from Herborizer. It is long enough to handle the device safely and just has to be dropped into the Sherlock. I didn't used the metal clip.

This has been my setup for the evening, with the beautiful leatherwork from @Duba :

foto-no-exif.jpg

First basket filled 2/3 up. Highest setting on the big buddy. Actually the flame fader on this torch have a really short action. Most of its travel gives the same setting : high.
20s heat up
20s cool down
I've got 3 light puffs that weren't near as cloudy as what I've seen in this thread. The taste was excellent, but somewhat less bright and less analytical than with the Ti (my only desktop reference). But it is hard to gauge the temperature in order to make an accurate comparison.

Clearly that wasn't enough so I heated for 20 more seconds.
This is when I must have been a bit imprecise with the flamework and the material combusted from conduction.

:doh:

A quick iso wash, hot water rinse, torch drying and a new basket screen later…

I torched more carefully for 25 seconds, waited 20 seconds cool down and took 5 nice hits. I didn't expected those clouds considering the mellowness of the vapor. Yum ! :drool:

I could probably have 5 more hit after a reheat but I chose to "wait and see"… And it got me where I wanted to be. A few minutes later I was deeply stretching my body and doing a few yoga moves, completely relieved from the arthritic pain in my neck and back.
In the meantime the Verbena that happened to be just dry a few hours ago was infusing in hot water. Man, do I love this plant too ! It echoes admirably the sativa I was vaping just before…

I must say that the flamework required to drive this vape is not for the faint-hearted (which I think I am). It will probably take me some of time to tame this beast and master the technique.

Now that I finished my herbal tea and while the high has gone but the pain relief remains, it is time to go to sleep.

:zzz:

Radwin Bodnic

I must say that the flamework required to drive this vape is not for the faint-hearted (which I think I am). It will probably take me some of time to tame this beast and master the technique.

Sorry to bump the thread but I must say I was wrong. The second session was totally on point.
With a timer, there's no learning curve once I've acclimated to the big torch.

I've found that the device likes a little preheat on the lowest setting of the torch. It makes the next 20s blast at full power more efficient.
The taste was very detailed and complete, really close to what the Ti can achieve at 190°C when using the same preheated basket bowl.

At the end of the session, the remaining scent in the room was absolutely delicious. Definitely one of the headiest incense I know.
And the least I can say is that the device is efficient… :nod:

Considering its price point, the 18mm Killer really worth a try.

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
24mm Killer function video! .35 of a gram of bud in the bowl! I torched the cap while rotating for 30 seconds with the Big Shot Blazer then went straight to hitting it and got pretty even ABV! Will have these available on my website in a couple weeks!

Also here is a bonus video of a double 18mm Killer capsule stem prototype in action! Getting the best results with torching this one while rotating for 45 seconds also using the Big Shot Blazer! Will have some of these available soon as well!

Radwin Bodnic

I had a fun experiment with the help of @beluga808 who sent me his PID and coil and @coolbreeze who answered a lot of my questions.

Is this the electrified Killer or the Killer Ready ?

The thing works, but honestly the torch is just much more quicker.

Edit : turn the volume up !

mod note: edited to replace media link as requested

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
I had a fun experiment with the help of @beluga808 who sent me his PID and coil and @coolbreeze who answered a lot of my questions.

Awesome experiment dude! I’ve tried that myself with my 25mm E Nail coil it definitely works! As far as making an 18mm or 24mm Killer that can attach to a pid handle that has been a challenge since there is slight variation in the size of glass tubing and for fitting well with a coil the glass needs to be the exact correct diameter. I’ll keep the idea in mind though maybe there is a way to do it! Any ideas guys?

coolbreeze

Awesome experiment dude! I’ve tried that myself with my 25mm E Nail coil it definitely works! As far as making an 18mm or 24mm Killer that can attach to a pid handle that has been a challenge since there is slight variation in the size of glass tubing and for fitting well with a coil the glass needs to be the exact correct diameter. I’ll keep the idea in mind though maybe there is a way to do it! Any ideas guys?

Works pretty well! Mine is simply set into the 25mm barrel axial coil without a spacer insert, set to 450f (DC), warmed for 15 mins and is good to go. I got a great initial flavor blast and a few hits more. Lab clamp makes a great handle. Leave it sit in the coil at the ready and this is a great setup for drive-bys.

IMG-6121.jpg

I’ll keep the idea in mind though maybe there is a way to do it! Any ideas guys?
You could make the clamp easier to use by adding like a flat pill 'handle' on the side of the tube for the clamp to grab rather than having to open it all the way to fit the heater.

Last edited:

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
Works pretty well! Mine is simply set into the 25mm barrel axial coil without a spacer insert, set to 450f (DC), warmed for 15 mins and is good to go. I got a great initial flavor blast and a few hits more. Lab clamp makes a great handle. Leave it sit in the coil at the ready and this is a great setup for drive-bys.

IMG-6121.jpg

You could make the clamp easier to use by adding like a flat pill 'handle' on the side of the tube for the clamp to grab rather than having to open it all the way to fit the heater.
Very nice man cool idea I’ll keep it in mind!

coolbreeze

IMG-6121.jpg

I've bumped up the temp and 480-490f seems like a good spot for it (this PID probably has an offset). This is really an awesome idea from @Radwin Bodnic and it works very well for me. I am enjoying this as much as any of my ballvapes at the moment, partly because I love the efficiency of the basket screen.

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
I've bumped up the temp and 480-490f seems like a good spot for it (this PID probably has an offset). This is really an awesome idea from @Radwin Bodnic and it works very well for me. I am enjoying this as much as any of my ballvapes at the moment, partly because I love the efficiency of the basket screen.
Happy to hear this! 😁

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
@GoodVibesBoro , do you know when you will get some more 18mm killer? How bout 24mm killer?

Wondering if 24mm killer will fit tighter on a 25mm axial coil?
Looking like in a couple weeks! Will have 14mm Killers, 18mm Killers, and 24mm Killers available!

The 24mm Killer is a little too wide to fit in a 25mm coil unfortunately since the cap is close to 28mm in diameter. Maybe there are larger coils out there I’ll look around!

coolbreeze

Looking like in a couple weeks! Will have 14mm Killers, 18mm Killers, and 24mm Killers available!

The 24mm Killer is a little too wide to fit in a 25mm coil unfortunately since the cap is close to 28mm in diameter. Maybe there are larger coils out there I’ll look around!
DC has a 30mm axial gooseneck coil which aught to fit the 24mmK; it's currently on sale.

Just want to reiterate what a nice powered vape this makes. The vapor is smooth and gentle despite the rich hits and full roast.
IMG-6239.jpg

coolbreeze

Heady 24mm Killer arrived! Be back with test results.
IMG-6445.jpg

Edit:
Testing is going well...
IMG-6453.jpg

It's open enough to run an RBR and a decent screenload gives a cool, tasty, sustained hit. This is at about 520F, the coil has 1mm gap all around; the roast was complete/deep tobacco. Great effects!

Last edited:

mixchu69

Very interesting @coolbreeze . Looks different than the standard 18mm killer I see on the GVB site (looks more like one of the custom stems for the 18mm killer but then I saw the inlet air holes at the top).

Looking forward to your feedback, as it is always highly valued in this community

I am hoping that we can find a quartz ball vape that is cordless. Something that will work with 20/25 or 30mm axial coil.

I saw @invertedisdead make one, but I really like when the balls are sealed so I don’t have to worry about the screen. His also has a small handle (not currently on the 18mm killer) but not sure how to keep the handle cool.

GoodVibesBoro

Glass Blower
Heady 24mm Killer arrived! Be back with test results.
IMG-6445.jpg

Edit:
Testing is going well...
IMG-6453.jpg

It's open enough to run an RBR and a decent screenload gives a cool, tasty, sustained hit. This is at about 520F, the coil has 1mm gap all around; the roast was complete/deep tobacco. Great effects!
Very happy to hear this man! Cheers! 🤙

coolbreeze

A few more notes:
Here's how closely the 24mmK fits a 30mm coil.
IMG-6465.jpg

I've been heating to what I guess is about 525F (DC 450F) which works pretty well on its own bowl. Which, btw, creates an awesome spectacle: the TMK has an auto-mix function where the turbulence created by your pull spins the herbs up into a roasting tornado! It's a worthy bonus, but a bit messy (it stays contained until you lift the heater. Doesn't seem to adversely affect the roast). I'm going to try hand-torn nugs next.

One other cool thing is that it will work with certain diffuser bowls. Keeping a seal is key and can be a challenge. My best options were the DFreeZ micro-diffuser and the new Vapvana Screwball bowl and in both cases it can do a sufficient job. The distance from the herbs to the heater is significant and probably requires more heat for best results, but with a good seal 520F will roast the micro bowl pretty completely and the SB half bowl done with a brief recharge & cleanup.
IMG-6461.jpg
IMG-6469.jpg

Very interesting @coolbreeze . Looks different than the standard 18mm killer I see on the GVB site (looks more like one of the custom stems for the 18mm killer but then I saw the inlet air holes at the top).
Similar, and big!
Looking forward to your feedback, as it is always highly valued in this community
Thank you.
I am hoping that we can find a quartz ball vape that is cordless. Something that will work with 20/25 or 30mm axial coil.
@mixchu69, I hadn't really pressed either this or the EMK as far as i could temp-wise, so I pushed it up to about 550 now and roasted a hand-ripped bud. This is after the first roast, two hits:
IMG-6474.jpg

I recharged and got another nice cool hit. These aren't really like a thick, full, blast with a B0, but more like a prime-temp hit with an elev8r: powerful enough to roast through weed, fill your lungs and get your head right, but with a hit that feels cooler and gentler sort of, holds flavor, etc. I think you could turn this up more and use it more aggressively.

For anyone using an axial coil for dabs, this is a no-brainer. For anyone seeking a wireless, all-glass (with one screen) electric ball vape setup, this is definitely a viable option. I've used the 18mmK at lower temps as a main driver for a week or two, it was up to the task and quite nice. I would consider how else you might use the coil setup in choosing the size, to be honest. By bowl size, this one has a broad bed close to the heater with enough room for up to .3g, optimal at .2g, and adequate at .1g, based on Dynavap tip loads. The 18mmK will do basket screen loads of any size beautifully. I haven't tried the deeper bowl to be honest. I'll try to remember to check.

Next time I'll push them both a bit and see how they handle a fuller load at a higher temps.

I saw @invertedisdead make one, but I really like when the balls are sealed so I don’t have to worry about the screen. His also has a small handle (not currently on the 18mm killer) but not sure how to keep the handle cool.
Well, to be fair his is purpose-made and well-tested, and I'd expect I'd have to hone my technique a little to have truly comparable results. But for having the option to effectively electrify your torch vape in the moment, this is probably the only game in town. More than that, it's just really nice using it, both sizes, in its own terms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom