• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Dr Dabber Pen

chimpybits

DD, I think the phrase "... you need to be concerned about ..." won't fly around these boards.

EDIT: oh now I see the phrase was part of Chill Dude's quote. Still the context is different in the 2 posts and myself and probably others seek info (sometimes quite technical) more than pitch.

Last edited:

JoeKickass

SAM_0234_zps068cda5e.jpg

You can see the silicone gasket for the threads in this picture, I don't see any materials issues here :2c:

What does the inside of the cone look like? Does it have a second gasket too like an Omicron stopper before the plastic tip? The Dabbler's looks like this:
DSC02435.jpg

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
SAM_0234_zps068cda5e.jpg

You can see the silicone gasket for the threads in this picture, I don't see any materials issues here :2c:

What does the inside of the cone look like? Does it have a second gasket too like an Omicron stopper before the plastic tip? The Dabbler's looks like this:
DSC02435.jpg
We had some issues at first with the gasket falling, but solved them before releasing to the public. That is actually supposed to be stuck in the end of the mouthpiece. We have also made the silicone gasket bigger so there are no issues of it falling down to where you have it pictured.

chimpybits

OK, I'm ready to pull the trigger. Just awaiting a few details from DD...

EDIT: Order placed!!

EDIT2: Is a quick 5 second burnoff recommended?

Last edited:

JoeKickass

Hahaha you and me both!

Just FYI everyone, if you're interested in trying the Dr. Dabber Ghost Pen make sure to PM Dr. Dabber and let him know how excited you are before you buy one from the site ;)

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer

EDIT2: Is a quick 5 second burnoff recommended?
Thanks for giving us a shot Chimpy and JoeKickass. as for the burnoff, No :) there is nothing to burn off with the ghost. That's actually one of the things people have been happy about.. I'd say just press it for a second to make sure the coil works. Once it is loaded we can't do much, so just test it out the first time so if there are any problems we can replace that for you with no headaches. But you will see when the coil heats that there is nothing burning off.

Dr.Dabber,

chimpybits

Thanks for giving us a shot Chimpy and JoeKickass. as for the burnoff, No :) there is nothing to burn off with the ghost. That's actually one of the things people have been happy about.. I'd say just press it for a second to make sure the coil works. Once it is loaded we can't do much, so just test it out the first time so if there are any problems we can replace that for you with no headaches. But you will see when the coil heats that there is nothing burning off.
Great.

I test it the first time, by pressing the button for a sec and seeing the coils glow? Or do I feel for it near the coils / touch them to test for heat? Thanks.

Hahaha you and me both! Just FYI everyone, if you're interested in trying the Dr. Dabber Ghost Pen make sure to PM Dr. Dabber and let him know how excited you are before you buy one from the site ;)
Yep, more specifically, $75 includes free shipping (US) free extra "shatter proof" ball and free heater.[/unwink]

Last edited by a moderator:
chimpybits,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Nice pen, Dr. Dabber. Looks identical to one i am currently sipping on, except it says The Dabbler on my cart and Lizard juice on my battery, other than that they could be brothers.
How does th Dr. Dabbler from the VB Dabbler other than the shorty battery and "deeper welled" cartridge?
VB Dabbler

Or the Vapor Dab?
All 3 seem to use the same carts pretty much, same cone and mouthpieces generally.
How is this different than grabbing an e-go 650 mah battery($15 from local ecig shop) and buying the $25 cartridge/cone/mouthpiece? I realize you get a tool and non-stick container, but really can you explain a difference how Dr. Dabber is different from these other competitors? I am sure you have tried these other ones(only makes sense since they are very similar to what you are "making", ie, when i owned a pizza shop, I knew what all my competitors pizzas tasted like).
Not to grill you, but anybody can put together a concentrate pen for about $47.50 thru the above links($25 for cart/mouthpiece/cone, 2 batts for $33($16.50/each batt, $6 for charger. Sell us on why the Dr. Dabber is the better choice, because they all seem the same(minus branding), to me.

Thanks for your time.

Also when will accessories become available, extra carts, batts, cones/mouthpieces on the website?

Silver420Surfer,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Nice pen, Dr. Dabber. Looks identical to one i am currently sipping on, except it says The Dabbler on my cart and Lizard juice on my battery, other than that they could be brothers.
How does th Dr. Dabbler from the VB Dabbler other than the shorty battery and "deeper welled" cartridge?
VB Dabbler

Or the Vapor Dab?
All 3 seem to use the same carts pretty much, same cone and mouthpieces generally.
How is this different than grabbing an e-go 650 mah battery($15 from local ecig shop) and buying the $25 cartridge/cone/mouthpiece? I realize you get a tool and non-stick container, but really can you explain a difference how Dr. Dabber is different from these other competitors? I am sure you have tried these other ones(only makes sense since they are very similar to what you are "making", ie, when i owned a pizza shop, I knew what all my competitors pizzas tasted like).
Not to grill you, but anybody can put together a concentrate pen for about $47.50 thru the above links($25 for cart/mouthpiece/cone, 2 batts for $33($16.50/each batt, $6 for charger. Sell us on why the Dr. Dabber is the better choice, because they all seem the same(minus branding), to me.

Thanks for your time.

Also when will accessories become available, extra carts, batts, cones/mouthpieces on the website?
Our pen may look the same but We've modified the atomizer in 3 different ways, one being the deepness of the well, another being the positioning of the coil.. and lastly being titanium coils. On top of that you won't find our gasket falling out into your cartridge because we've taken care of that as well. You also wont find any extra metal pieces sticking up around the circle of your Dr.Dabber atomizer, and there will be no smoke when you light up our coils. We did not cut any corners with this pen as stated before. Also on top of our excellent branding and packaging, we offer a warranty on our product and our customer service is A+++. We stand behind our product, and everyone that uses seems to do the same..

On top of that, The price point on the Dr.Dabber is cheaper then said competitor.. even after our free ball, tool, charger and package.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Our pen may look the same but We've modified the atomizer in 3 different ways, one being the deepness of the well, another being the positioning of the coil.. and lastly being titanium coils. On top of that you won't find our gasket falling out into your cartridge because we've taken care of that as well. You also wont find any extra metal pieces sticking up around the circle of your Dr.Dabber atomizer, and there will be no smoke when you light up our coils. We did not cut any corners with this pen as stated before. Also on top of our excellent branding and packaging, we offer a warranty on our product and our customer service is A+++. We stand behind our product, and everyone that uses seems to do the same..
No "smoke" from the Dabbler or Vapor Dab(my friend owns, I used but do not own) that i have ever seen. 4 carts so far from VB Dabbler haven't for me, anyway. Although i have seen that from the Cloud pens/MicroG, I don't think those are in the category of the other 2 pens i mentioned. Also the Vapor Dab, seriously has a much deeper welled cartridge than VB or Dr. Dabbler. Shown HERE.
Metal shavings haven't been an issue as far as I am aware, at all, with the VB Dabbler.

Although I fail to see any real differences than "excellent branding and packaging". I'll assume that there is no difference in how they work other than the deep welled bit.
I don't know how much of a diff titanium coils will make for the taste, I get as good or better flavor from my Dabbler as i do with a HE Ti nail. Best of luck with the Dr. Dabbler.

I'm done grilling now, my quests have been answered. Sry

Silver420Surfer,

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
No "smoke" from the Dabbler or Vapor Dab(my friend owns, I used but do not own) that i have ever seen. 4 carts so far from VB Dabbler haven't for me, anyway. Although i have seen that from the Cloud pens/MicroG, I don't think those are in the category of the other 2 pens i mentioned. Also the Vapor Dab, seriously has a much deeper welled cartridge than VB or Dr. Dabbler. Shown HERE.
Metal shavings haven't been an issue as far as I am aware, at all, with the VB Dabbler.

Although I fail to see any real differences than "excellent branding and packaging". I'll assume that there is no difference in how they work other than the deep welled bit.
I don't know how much of a diff titanium coils will make for the taste, I get as good or better flavor from my Dabbler as i do with a HE Ti nail. Best of luck with the Dr. Dabbler.

I'm done grilling now, my quests have been answered. Sry
Assume all you want. Loyalty is fine, being ignorant is not. I have explained the differences between my pen and my competitors. If you want to come in and derail the thread and pitch another product I really dont think that is called for. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has, but to come in here and bash me because your happy with your dabbler already is absurd. I was asked to come in here, I have not advertised or solicited anyone in this group. I'm sure some of the people here appreciate my assistance, and would like to continue to help.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Using the cloud pen or the gpen in comparison to this pen imo is somewhat like comparing the Persei to a pen. Especially as I decided to "gift" a gpen to my MIL.

What I find in the pen threads is that people, whether it's loyalty or not seem to come off argumentative without really having a foot to stand on.

No one is here to attack any of the competition as we, fucking vapor nerds have a similar goal. To introduce products to each other help accomadate our individual needs and wants.

I hate the fact that we have a good contender here with a solid product at a cheaper price than most. On top of the fact that the manufacturer came here being open and honest about his start up and we feel the need to "grill" him.

Lighten up folks, please.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Well, i tried to be civil and noticed no name calling in my posts. Only to now read I am "ignorant". Last I checked this was a forum for discussing different types of vapes. Your product is eerily similiar to at minimum 2 other portable wax burners, the VB Dabbler, and the Vapor Dab OG setup. I don't see any issues with my questions. We bring up many different vapes in many different threads so I don't think i'm out of line here. Maybe I'm too ignorant to contact a company in China to have my logo overlayed onto an e-go battery and mass produced carts. If you don't want to have your product compared, don't make it SO similiar to other prexisting vapes. We can question Pax bootlegs, Cloud pen knockoffs(not that Clouds are good pens), Mflb imitators, but not wax pen ones. Yes you put together a nice tool and non stick container with your kit.

Mvapes--who's talking microg/cloud? Not me, they're not even on par with the 3 products i am trying to discuss. Also this has nothing to do with loyalty to VB or anyone. I aksed how it is diff, and was told a deeper well, but I pointed out there are carts with deeper wells, sue me! I didn't attack the product, i just questioned the "different-ness" of his product(which they did not manufacture) and then get attitude in the answer. We can call MFLB knockoffs, knockoffs, i wasn't even implying that. But now i will. This seems like nothing new, I don't care how much you like it. Just cause you're in love doesn't mean questions can't be asked.

Also how many TOP vaporizer companies with top sales, haven't jumped on here at one time or another, whopee the doctor can log onto the web. Which companies out there with the "must-have" vapes don't have a profile here. Don't think there are too many.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Surfer - there's a way to approach everything. Do what you want, like what you want. Maybe you should start a vapor pen company, it seems so easy we should all make our very own vapor pens. I mean shit, what makes the dabbler any different? Because someone took a Chinese product, made it their own and got VB to put their name on it? Isn't that what they did - or like the cloud pen who couldn't even come up with their own name? I'm sure you know about that fiasco.

And by all means if you think your approach was civil than you might want to read it again.

Everyone deserves a chance to start a business. I don't see anything in this thread showing that DD was doing anything different. All I'm saying is give a fucking a company a chance.

Just like you did the dabbler. Obviously that worked out for you....

It didn't for others.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, i tried to be civil and noticed no name calling in my posts. Only to now read I am "ignorant". Last I checked this was a forum for discussing different types of vapes. Your product is eerily similiar to at minimum 2 other portable wax burners, the VB Dabbler, and the Vapor Dab OG setup. I don't see any issues with my questions. We bring up many different vapes in many different threads so I don't think i'm out of line here. Maybe I'm too ignorant to contact a company in China to have my logo overlayed onto an e-go battery and mass produced carts. If you don't want to have your product compared, don't make it SO similiar to other prexisting vapes. We can question Pax bootlegs, Cloud pen knockoffs(not that Clouds are good pens), Mflb imitators, but not wax pen ones. Yes you put together a nice tool and non stick container with your kit.

Mvapes--who's talking microg/cloud? Not me, they're not even on par with the 3 products i am trying to discuss. Also this has nothing to do with loyalty to VB or anyone. I aksed how it is diff, and was told a deeper well, but I pointed out there are carts with deeper wells, sue me! I didn't attack the product, i just questioned the "different-ness" of his product(which they did not manufacture) and then get attitude in the answer. We can call MFLB knockoffs, knockoffs, i wasn't even implying that. But now i will. This seems like nothing new, I don't care how much you like it. Just cause you're in love doesn't mean questions can't be asked.

Also how many TOP vaporizer companies with top sales, haven't jumped on here at one time or another, whopee the doctor can log onto the web. Which companies out there with the "must-have" vapes don't have a profile here. Don't think there are too many.[/quote

So now we know how you feel and where you stand on this. And it would appear you have no interest in this pen, so I think you can now move on.:cool:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
All of those reasons above are the exact reason I will be purchasing one in the future. Added with the smaller overall size compared to the dabbler...

SAM_0234_zps068cda5e.jpg

DSC02435.jpg
Whew! I thought that second pic was the dr dabber for a second. Thats the one thing i dont like about the dabbler is the messiness

Hey @Dr.Dabber is there any concern with storing it in a pocket assembled. I onow the dabbler had issues with heaters breaking/snapping off? Is there a similar concern with this?

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
All of those reasons above are the exact reason I will be purchasing one in the future. Added with the smaller overall size compared to the dabbler...

Whew! I thought that second pic was the dr dabber for a second. Thats the one thing i dont like about the dabbler is the messiness

Hey @Dr.Dabber is there any concern with storing it in a pocket assembled. I onow the dabbler had issues with heaters breaking/snapping off? Is there a similar concern with this?
As long as you use the 5 click method to turn off the pen you will have no problem storing it in your pocket!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
As long as you use the 5 click method to turn off the pen you will have no problem storing it in your pocket!
Okay, i wasnt really concerned about it turning on, more concerned with the heater and/or threads snapping off which the dabbler has had issues with. Gonna be ordering one in the next couple weeks. I wanna wait for the titanium coils to come in. Im sure you will let us know when they arrive?

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Okay, i wasnt really concerned about it turning on, more concerned with the heater and/or threads snapping off which the dabbler has had issues with. Gonna be ordering one in the next couple weeks. I wanna wait for the titanium coils to come in. Im sure you will let us know when they arrive?
Indeed. I plan on sticking around these parts :cool: I will keep you guys informed on all the upcoming announcements.

chimpybits

Oh right, current orders aren't titanium coils then? I misunderstood this phrase "Titanium in 2 weeks and here on out."

chimpybits,
Reactions: mvapes

Dr.Dabber

Manufacturer
Oh right, current orders aren't titanium coils then? I misunderstood this phrase "Titanium in 2 weeks and here on out."
We still have the nichrome coils for about another week and 1/2, For anyone who orders now and would like the upgrade to Titanium, What I can do is just let you guys know when they come in and then I would be more then happy to upgrade everyone in the forum to titanium coils for just the cost of shipping. Maybe $5

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I upped the anti today. I loaded .3 into the dabber. NOT 1 LEAK. It handled it like Tera Patrick handles 13 inches!

Here's what I've been doing to make loading super simple.

I put my oil slick ball onto a candle warmer. The balls (giggity) are rated to handle up to 450 degrees. Once my erl becomes a loose consistency I use the tool and actually spoon my liquid in. I let it settle and voila - welcome to the terror dome!

I'm shooting a new video today with actual clouds!

chimpybits

We still have the nichrome coils for about another week and 1/2, For anyone who orders now and would like the upgrade to Titanium, What I can do is just let you guys know when they come in and then I would be more then happy to upgrade everyone in the forum to titanium coils for just the cost of shipping. Maybe $5
Sweet.
I upped the anti today. I loaded .3 into the dabber. NOT 1 LEAK. It handled it like Tera Patrick handles 13 inches!

Here's what I've been doing to make loading super simple.

I put my oil slick ball onto a candle warmer. The balls (giggity) are rated to handle up to 450 degrees. Once my erl becomes a loose consistency I use the tool and actually spoon my liquid in. I let it settle and voila - welcome to the terror dome!

I'm shooting a new video today with actual clouds!
Alright, I look forward to the video. Neat idea on warming your balls mvapes.

Top Bottom