It just shows the temperature. From smart path mode, press the power button once (which will display the current temp), and then press the up or down button to change the temp. Then it will stay at the selected temp until you change it. That is precision mode.

Thank you for that functional explanation. I also would like to know what the led's look like after
you press the button. On mine it shows the temperature for awhile and then go back to showing the smart-path led pattern even though now it is in precision mode (I assume). So I am not sure how I can tell what mode I am in without pressing the up and down button to see if I get temperature or smart path display.

I guess I am wondering is there a default temperature for precision mode or do always need to press the up or down buttons to achieve results.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Reggie Watts

Thank you for that functional explanation. I also would like to know what the led's look like after
you press the button. On mine it shows the temperature for awhile and then go back to showing the smart-path led pattern even though now it is in precision mode (I assume). So I am not sure how I can tell what mode I am in without pressing the up and down button to see if I get temperature or smart path display.

I guess I am wondering is there a default temperature for precision mode or do always need to press the up or down buttons to achieve results.
If it goes back to smart path mode, you didn't activate precision mode. Sometimes you have to press up/down twice (or hold it for a second) to get precision mode to activate. When in precision mode, the current temp stays on the display until you press power again, which sends it back to smart path mode.

If it goes back to smart path mode, you didn't activate precision mode. Sometimes you have to press up/down twice (or hold it for a second) to get precision mode to activate. When in precision mode, the current temp stays on the display until you press power again, which sends it back to smart path mode.

That seems like a bug to me. I wonder if u can download firmware in this vape. I Ithink that is,where the fix should be.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Reggie Watts

That seems like a bug to me. I wonder if u can download firmware in this vape. I Ithink that is,where the fix should be.
Idk, it could be intentional. They want you to confirm that you want precision mode so you don't accidentally activate it. The cool thing is, if you activate precision mode and leave it there, the vape will remember that and boot up to precision mode the next time.

Mixio

TheVaporOne
Ah that means vaposhop also wont get it in dec like they are saying :( @MyNameAintMine sad day :(
Should I order it from the US?

stay away from vapeworld! I purchased November 22 and have sent on December 3 ... full amount declared and paid 100 usd at customs ... they told me that for delay give me free shipping but I am still waiting for a refund ... (I asked ups and have used fedex) I'm disgusted !!! the vaporizer is great but it cost me almost 500 usd !!!!

beryllium30

stay away from vapeworld! I purchased November 22 and have sent on December 3 ... full amount declared and paid 100 usd at customs ... they told me that for delay give me free shipping but I am still waiting for a refund ... (I asked ups and have used fedex) I'm disgusted !!! the vaporizer is great but it cost me almost 500 usd !!!!
Yeah I would order it directly from Davinci :D Even though they also occasionally have problems with Tax.

Adobewan

@Vaporcussion
Hey man, about to splurge on an IQ for myself, and was wondering if you could answer a quick question I had about how smelly the unit is. Now, assuming it was kept very clean, say cleaned after every session, does the unit itself produce an odor when loaded? Like can I load it up, put it in my pocket, and walk around all day without anyone smelling anything? What If I used it once, emptied it, then put it back in my pocket?
Thanks bro :leaf:

The first scenario, where you walk out with a loaded bowl, maybe. But after the session, even with emptying, brushing out, it will still smell. They all do. The flavor chamber probably doesn't help, as it collects resin. Probably the least smelly portable vape imo is the FF2, but it has it's own set of challenges, and as with any vape, you should carry it in a smell proof case like RYOT or Vatra. Problem solved...

People actually did comment on the smell from the IQ as I vaped outside, and after letting them try it (Don't drop it!"), they all commented on how fantastic the flavor is. And it really is! I actually prefer the end of a session with my IQ to the beginning of a session with the Pax 2. @Davinci - there's a quote for your site ;)

Ask, and ye shall receive...

davinci_case.png

It is a soft case that is big enough to fit the Ascent. There are two mesh pockets on either side with an elastic top. The IQ will fit on either side (one loosely, the other snuggly). I doubt you can fit both the Ascent and the IQ and be able to close the device.

On the larger pocket side, it is actually divided into TWO pockets -- the big one, and a very narrow one (Like for a pencil or something. The DaVinci keychain tool will fit in there, although in the picture, it is NEXT to it, not IN it.)

On the smaller pocket side (the side with the DaVinci logo on the outside), there is the mesh pocket that fits the IQ perfectly, and a full width zippered pocket, that you can see the metallic lining in the photo. I presume this to be smell proof.

On the non-logo exterior side there is a sewn pocket big enough to hold a few credit cards.

Let me know if this doesn't address all of your questions!

Cheers! :cheers:
Can't believe I neglected to mention my love for the case. It holds quite a bit for it's size, and after use, the unit, docked in the snug pocket as in nigel's picture, doesn't smell through the case.
@nigel the narrow pocket is perfect for a tool, the Atman Hatchi spoon(best part of that whole package) is the perfect width for the IQ, both for scooping, tamping with the rear end, and it fits in that narrow pocket like a glove. The little Da Vinci container(precision made, sweet!) fits into the metal lined pouch to the side of the IQ leaving room for an extra battery in the opposing mesh pocket, although, as I think about it, it might be smarter to hook the container onto the loop attached to the exterior zipper to make further room in the case. I'd like to see peoples configurations of tools within the bag.
Who will come up with the ultimate IQ travel configuration?!

Prima mesh pad works for a temp spacer
Picked up some of these(thanks @hitmeman ), perfect fit, and although they do restrict draw, they work great!

Regarding overheating, those units may have issues, my unit has run back to back chambers and has been quite manageable, haven't heard a complaint yet.

Regarding CS, I can only say I've had nothing but stellar relations with Cort and Shauntel at DV since the Ascent. There are many vapes that are teased for a long time, to then only come out and go though frustrating growing pains. The IQ hit the ground running so I imagine that CS neglect may be due to the overwhelming response to the unit.
Not to diminish anyone's frustration with a new, high priced vape that isn't working properly, that is feeling ignored, that truly sucks, but DV has been with us since the original Da Vinci(love the finish on that puppy!), I can't believe they'd release their best unit yet, only to lose customers due to service. I have faith you guys will all be taken care of quickly.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Has anyone managed to change the smart paths yet?

Tried on several attempts no joy. I can change the name of them. However the smartpaths temps seem to keep going back to default. Also it seems to put a limit on my max temp well below where it should be. No way of changing the graph to celcius permanently.

Tried reinstalling the app. All very buggy and anoying. Crashes a lot.

Great on presicion mode though.

On andriod, note 4, mashmellow.

Glass004

Consumer Advocate
For those using the app with an iPhone, double clicking on the front phone button will bring up a spread of recently opened apps. If you see the DaVinci page, swipe it up and away to terminate the previous blue tooth connection and allow the app to reconnect via BT once you open it again. This is quicker than a phone restart to resolve app connection issues.

Regarding CS, DaVinci has always honored its warranties. The Ascent's reliability and durability have improved making the Ascent the best portable sold. I have used the Ascent for chronic medication administration, going through 7 units in 3 years. Faulty units have always been replaced under warranty, no questions or delay. This decline in CS did take me back. I am reassured by the responses of the DaVinci rep on this forum. I wish DaVinci would restore verbal communication with its customers so the return process doesn't take weeks.

The IQ is so well designed, many ideas came from the Ascent forum's feedback. I think the IQ will pay for itself in savings due to its efficiencies. Every function is an impressive innovation and advance in portable technology. I can't wait for my replacement IQ and the restoration of CS via the phone.

Ghii

Davinci responded and they're sending me out a new unit. I'm happy with the response time and hoping the new unit is better.

I wouldn't have minded the heat if it was 10min in. But 2-3 min in,I'm passing it back and forth like a hot potato lol

Hmm, I emailed them with this problem and the problem of the battery not fully charging and I 'might' be getting another battery (waiting to hear back). I don't think the battery was the cause of my heat issue because when ours got too hot to touch I dumped the battery and the battery was only warm, no where near the temp of the unit.

Vaporcussion

Ask, and ye shall receive...
Thank you! Ok, so this is definitely a RYOT Pack Ratz (small)

They've come up with several little variations on the inside, and it looks like yours (with that little pocket) might have been made for Davinci. I had one for my Ascent, they work great. That "foil lined pouch is sometimes included as a velcro insert (The "freshness pack") and is meant to store herbs. Yours has it built in. I'll def go with the Davinci version ($2 cheaper than the RYOT version as well) so a no brainer.

The one thing I didn't see in your pic was the smell proof covering over the zipper? When you close it up, you should not be able to see the threads of the zipper. Can you confirm that it has this? Thanks

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Thank you! Ok, so this is definitely a RYOT Pack Ratz (small)

They've come up with several little variations on the inside, and it looks like yours (with that little pocket) might have been made for Davinci. I had one for my Ascent, they work great. That "foil lined pouch is sometimes included as a velcro insert (The "freshness pack") and is meant to store herbs. Yours has it built in. I'll def go with the Davinci version ($2 cheaper than the RYOT version as well) so a no brainer.

The one thing I didn't see in your pic was the smell proof covering over the zipper? When you close it up, you should not be able to see the threads of the zipper. Can you confirm that it has this? Thanks
Does not have that. Regular zipper.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
@nigel the narrow pocket is perfect for a tool, the Atman Hatchi spoon(best part of that whole package) is the perfect width for the IQ, both for scooping, tamping with the rear end, and it fits in that narrow pocket like a glove. The little Da Vinci container(precision made, sweet!) fits into the metal lined pouch to the side of the IQ leaving room for an extra battery in the opposing mesh pocket, although, as I think about it, it might be smarter to hook the container onto the loop attached to the exterior zipper to make further room in the case. I'd like to see peoples configurations of tools within the bag.
Who will come up with the ultimate IQ travel configuration?!

Good recommendation on that tool. I'll check it out!

Just don't put that battery in the "smell proof" pouch... no idea if that "metallic looking" coating is conductive (too lazy to go grab a voltmeter right now). Mesh pocket is much better.

But challenge accepted on configuration of case! I actually just tossed items in my case for the photo, but I had customized an Ascent case (non-ryot, semi-rigid sides), including cutting out the foam to hold spare straws. Will give this one a thought!

For those using the app with an iPhone,

Good reminder about quitting the App (vs reboot). There are a few instances where the App will get caught up. DV is aware and hopefully we'll see an app update soon with fixes and easier escapes.

Regarding CS, DaVinci has always honored its warranties. The Ascent's reliability and durability have improved making the Ascent the best portable sold. I have used the Ascent for chronic medication administration, ....
The IQ is so well designed, many ideas came from the Ascent forum's feedback. I think the IQ will pay for itself in savings due to its efficiencies. Every function is an impressive innovation and advance in portable technology. I can't wait for my replacement IQ and the restoration of CS via the phone.

Good points here. Nice to hear a well thought position.

Thank you! Ok, so this is definitely a RYOT Pack Ratz (small) I'll def go with the Davinci version ($2 cheaper than the RYOT version as well) so a no brainer.

FWIW, DV did sell/bundled RYOT cases, and I have several. It wouldn't surprise me if they commissioned a special one, but I don't know for certain.

The quality of the case sure is nice, and I really like mine. (The only "complaint" I have is that I would have liked it to be smaller. I know... I know... nice to have the extra space to carry things.)

I don't have my Ryot cases right here to ensure I compare properly, but I think it does not. It does however have an interior other lip on both sides, so essentially that makes the zipped edges "double-walled".

{EDIT: Okay. Got off my lazy ass and hunted down one of my Ryot cases. Surprising, it is much smaller (and the zipper only zips on two sides, so can't butterfly open it), but I see the "weatherizing" coating on the zipper, and the new case doesn't have it. BUT, that being said, I have as of yet to notice a strong smell from the case, so maybe it isn't really necessary. Just keep the fresh product in an air tight container (like the super cool free on with the IQ), and generally keep you IQ clean. Shouldn't be an issue!}

Great advice @nigel you are always a great influence in this community.

Thanks for the kind words.

I have learned so much from the wonderful people here (unlike any other forum I can think if, the people here are unusual in their high (no pun) level of knowledge and helpfulness.) I don't know FC created an island on the internet that has so much positivity and so few trolls, but that makes it absolutely unique in my mind.

So, I feel, if I can even return 10% of the knowledge and helpfulness that just pours throughout the threads here, that at least starts to pays back for what I have reaped here....

Cheers
:cheers:

Vaporcussion

Strange; that's part of the smell proof properties of the case (along with the charcoal) It helps with discretion (imagine putting a warm IQ back in a pouch and walking indoors to meet people)

It does however have an interior other lip on both sides, so essentially that makes the zipped edges "double-walled".

Aha!

{EDIT: Okay. Got off my lazy ass and hunted down one of my Ryot cases. Surprising, it is much smaller (and the zipper only zips on two sides, so can't butterfly open it), but I see the "weatherizing" coating on the zipper, and the new case doesn't have it. BUT, that being said, I have as of yet to notice a strong smell from the case, so maybe it isn't really necessary. Just keep the fresh product in an air tight container (like the super cool free on with the IQ), and generally keep you IQ clean. Shouldn't be an issue!}

Thanks for going the extra mile : )

Last edited:
Vaporcussion,
Idk, it could be intentional. They want you to confirm that you want precision mode so you don't accidentally activate it. The cool thing is, if you activate precision mode and leave it there, the vape will remember that and boot up to precision mode the next time.
You are documenting wonderfully this not so obvious feature. The manual says push the button but does not tell you much else. It baffled me i just did not realize that i was not getting in that mode.

Is there anything more you can tell us about how precision mode works.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Randy Lahey

I was surprised to see the Davinci IQ included in the Vapeworld Holidaze Sale going on from now until Dec 25 since it's so new. I imagine they have limited stock and may run out fast though

I also got a shot skiing with the IQ skiing, it handled the single digit Fahrenheit temps no problem
15306800_1624286184540826_8953622183423246336_n.jpg

The Vapeworld sale lists the price as 274 USD or 379 CAD. That seems to me the standard price. How is that a sale? What am I missing?

Randy Lahey,

ohmygodimsohigh

When my IQ is hot, the flavor chamber sticks out a bit and prevents the battery door from opening all the way. Not knowing this, I forced the battery out last night and tore up its protective jacket.

Does anyone else have this issue with the battery door? Advice on how to re-wrap battery?

IQ buyers, Make sure to redeem your reward points! .

I am saving mine until they release spacers or stock extra pearls. The oven size is killing me. I'm running through almost twice as much flower as I was before with previous vapes. The air only used a small portion of what this thing takes. I have tried the puck method but the results are hit or miss. Really want to buy like 5 more of those little pearls and just drop one in there on top of some flower.

Mr. Me2

When my IQ is hot, the flavor chamber sticks out a bit and prevents the battery door from opening all the way. Not knowing this, I forced the battery out last night and tore up its protective jacket.

Does anyone else have this issue with the battery door? Advice on how to re-wrap battery?
You may want to pm DaVinci about that. There's lots of talk on FC about battery safety. For me, I wouldn't risk it and just replace it. Others may point you to shrink wrap...

Be safe!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Nah it's relatively okay unless it's tearing apart near the positive terminal. This is where you have this (usually white) cardboard insulation ring which is crucial to help prevent shorts. When this part gets damaged you need to rewrap ASAP.

You need to visualize that the entire cell shell is the negative terminal (not only the bottom part but also the side walls up to the top lip) The positive terminal is the raised flat button on top. At this location there is only a few millimeters between the negative lip edge all around and the positive terminal, separated by the insulation ring and the top of the wrapping.

Top Bottom