beryllium30

Hey just wanted to ask. Should I order it from the Site? or wait until Vapeshop.eu has it? I would love to get it before Christmas and vapeshop.EU just says late dec :(

mdma69

I'm actually planning on buying two units in Holland when I arrive there for vacation in about 2 months.

The things is - its really discouraging to see one post saying how good it is and the next one after is having heating problems and battery problems.

The price of buying early I guess?

The other thing is - if I have a defective unit - who says I could even get in touch with Davinci, as you can read in previous posts, takes its time to answer and provide customer support. :(

I had a hair-line thin fracture in my Arizer Solo and support answered me within 24 hours - and sent me a brand new one (didnt even have to send the old one)

The other thing is - if I have a defective unit - who says I could even get in touch with Davinci, as you can read in previous posts, takes its time to answer and provide customer support. :(

I had a hair-line thin fracture in my Arizer Solo and support answered me within 24 hours - and sent me a brand new one (didnt even have to send the old one)

This is actually spot on, Arizer does have some of the best customer service I have come across so far. About two years ago I had an AIR that had some sort of issue getting up to temp and with just an email saying what happened they also sent me a new one, with no "claim to submit" no hoops or debates. They overnight shipped it and never asked for the old one back. Granted it was like a dead unit but still most companies make you fight with rma's and wait times etc. They are an example of how CS should be run at this price point.

kamut

Okay, so I ordered one of these a week ago, in blue, got it yesterday (I got lucky on that wait time). I read this thread and the online reviews before I pulled the trigger. My vaporizer experience is limited to the original vapir no2 and the old vapor brothers wooden box with the whip thing (so I ain't shit compared to this crowd), but I do have a lot of experience with many different facets of ganja. I was paranoid about the quality control concerns expressed here, but I was way too caught up in the hype to be patient.

The blue is silvery blue. Really nice IMO. I think the web photos make this blue a little weirder and less attractive/expensive looking than what it in real life.

No comment on the app. Have not tried that at all.

In my experience, this thing this does everything it is purported to do. It has all the positive qualities people are talking about, and this unit has none of the negative qualities. No issues with its function, everything fits together, flavor chamber was in there, etc.

It does get hot, but it was not something where I needed a glove. I was holding it in my bare hand, but maybe somewhat more loosely. I think if I were to make a fist around this thing, with my fingers together for maximum heat retention, it would be uncomfortable. But this is after 2 back to back sessions on smartpaths 3 and 4. I think less lengthy, lower temp use does not get it as hot. There's a way of holding things where you kind of make less contact, but still hold them safely. When it's hot, I kind of cradle it in my fingers, maybe with the fingers more spread, and put my little finger under the bottom, so it doesn't slip down. It works for me. Pain is subjective, so somebody with the same unit might find this unacceptable. I have no conclusion about the heat phenomena of the iq, and no means of accurately measuring these temps. I think if it was 105F outside, I would like my vape to be freezing cold, but people in hell want ice water. I can suffer for my "art." Seriously, I don't think the heat is a big deal. I think the people with the super heat probably have defective units.

The favor is the best flavor I've experienced in my life with my limited vape experience, and experience with good glass paraphernalia, and lots of joint rolling in RAW and pure hemp papers. Stuff in my stash that I thought was flavorless now has flavor. I do think these strains were less flavorful overall, and the ig manifested what was there-like the prince awakening Sleeping Beauty.

The thing that brought me here was portability. I wanted something I could take into the community, to the occasional music show, and to be able to use it discreetly when my daughter is home. She knows I am a legal medical user, but does not want me to blow huge bong hits in her face because she is not into it. Fine with me. Basically the NO2 is only good inside the walls of your home. You need 4th amendment protection to even fire up the NO2. I smoked off of somebody's small $170 portable unit-name is escaping me-and I wanted one too. I started researching small vapes, was trying to go cheap to get my feet wet. There's some decent small stuff out there for $60 with very short warranties. But then I was thinking "I'm gonna be smokin this shit until the day I day, and will probably be buried with the means to get baked several more times. This $60 is gonna be gone and I'm going to buy something better. Better to bite the bullet now." So then I just searched as if money was no object and ended up with the iq, better reviews than Pax 3, and better warranty and more portability than Stors and Bickel products. I wanted something small, palmable, good vapor, doesn't look like paraphernalia. I think this is it. My wife loves it. I'm getting her her own copper one, even if I have to donate plasma several times.

I just feel like, the smaller it is, the easier it is to integrate into my lifestyle. The automation is like that too, because you can take it in and out of your pocket without having to look at it much or work too many controls.

Okay, here is where I can contribute something new to the iq literature: I put fresh chocolate mint from my wife's plant in the vapor chamber! It worked. I was using a strain with a lot of Blueberry genetics in it, tastes and smells like fake blueberry. Put a little mint in there with it. It tasted like blueberry/nice reefer with mint. This may be like my bong with ice notches where I put ice in it exactly 2 times per year, but hey, it was cool.

I think I could just be happy with the smart paths and the boost function. All four paths are useful and will get you high. Boost is useful. I have this one session, where I'm in the bed, looking at my tablet in the dark before sleep and it's always the same session. I thought I would try to program a smart path for that, starting lower and ending higher, maybe 365 to 410 or something, but I'm really satisfied with what I'm getting from these temp ranges.

My pearl seemed to be a little more "in motion/movable" than what people describe, but I'm just leaving it because I'm okay with the larger bowl size. I have adjusted the pearl up and down a little to clean under it. My wife and I can get really baked with one bowl. I think we could get a third person in there too if we stayed a little more focused.

If this thing dies and I get questionable customer service, I'm going to be singing a somewhat different tune, obviously. Still, 10 years is a long time.

This thing has lived up to the hype IMO. Most internet hype releases have backlashes that are partly in proportion to the hype and partly related to the quality of the product. In terms of its function, I cannot imagine what complaint I might have. I don't think I will end up wishing I had gone with another product, because I think this is the king of portability with quality.

I would give this thing a 95 out of 100. If this was school, I would give it an A, not an A-, not an A+, but a solid A. I see da vinci as having been successful in realizing their vision and having made something really useful to people who vape bud. This is very useful to me as a heavy cannabis using professional.

Sorry if this is a little long. I hope somebody got something out of it that they can use.

jay87

When do the 10mm-14mm adapters come out?

:tup: I'm gonna need a legit 14mm zirconia mouthpiece and a zirconia spacer ASAP. Then the IQ will be perfect.

@Davinci_vaporizer

pIGu8Jt.png

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Heh if you knew how long we waited for the Ascent spacers... the product was already EOL when they arrived! :rolleyes:
True words... x2 in my particular case. :(
Switched to Arizer back then, all good.

I'd love to come back one day. Adjustable max boost and bowl reduction stuff and dinga-ling-dong, that's me on their doorstep. :wave:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Okay, so I ordered one of these a week ago, in blue, got it yesterday (I got lucky on that wait time). I read this thread and the online reviews before I pulled the trigger. My vaporizer experience is limited to the original vapir no2 and the old vapor brothers wooden box with the whip thing (so I ain't shit compared to this crowd), but I do have a lot of experience with many different facets of ganja. I was paranoid about the quality control concerns expressed here, but I was way too caught up in the hype to be patient.

The blue is silvery blue. Really nice IMO. I think the web photos make this blue a little weirder and less attractive/expensive looking than what it in real life.

No comment on the app. Have not tried that at all.

In my experience, this thing this does everything it is purported to do. It has all the positive qualities people are talking about, and this unit has none of the negative qualities. No issues with its function, everything fits together, flavor chamber was in there, etc.

It does get hot, but it was not something where I needed a glove. I was holding it in my bare hand, but maybe somewhat more loosely. I think if I were to make a fist around this thing, with my fingers together for maximum heat retention, it would be uncomfortable. But this is after 2 back to back sessions on smartpaths 3 and 4. I think less lengthy, lower temp use does not get it as hot. There's a way of holding things where you kind of make less contact, but still hold them safely. When it's hot, I kind of cradle it in my fingers, maybe with the fingers more spread, and put my little finger under the bottom, so it doesn't slip down. It works for me. Pain is subjective, so somebody with the same unit might find this unacceptable. I have no conclusion about the heat phenomena of the iq, and no means of accurately measuring these temps. I think if it was 105F outside, I would like my vape to be freezing cold, but people in hell want ice water. I can suffer for my "art." Seriously, I don't think the heat is a big deal. I think the people with the super heat probably have defective units.

The favor is the best flavor I've experienced in my life with my limited vape experience, and experience with good glass paraphernalia, and lots of joint rolling in RAW and pure hemp papers. Stuff in my stash that I thought was flavorless now has flavor. I do think these strains were less flavorful overall, and the ig manifested what was there-like the prince awakening Sleeping Beauty.

The thing that brought me here was portability. I wanted something I could take into the community, to the occasional music show, and to be able to use it discreetly when my daughter is home. She knows I am a legal medical user, but does not want me to blow huge bong hits in her face because she is not into it. Fine with me. Basically the NO2 is only good inside the walls of your home. You need 4th amendment protection to even fire up the NO2. I smoked off of somebody's small $170 portable unit-name is escaping me-and I wanted one too. I started researching small vapes, was trying to go cheap to get my feet wet. There's some decent small stuff out there for $60 with very short warranties. But then I was thinking "I'm gonna be smokin this shit until the day I day, and will probably be buried with the means to get baked several more times. This $60 is gonna be gone and I'm going to buy something better. Better to bite the bullet now." So then I just searched as if money was no object and ended up with the iq, better reviews than Pax 3, and better warranty and more portability than Stors and Bickel products. I wanted something small, palmable, good vapor, doesn't look like paraphernalia. I think this is it. My wife loves it. I'm getting her her own copper one, even if I have to donate plasma several times.

I just feel like, the smaller it is, the easier it is to integrate into my lifestyle. The automation is like that too, because you can take it in and out of your pocket without having to look at it much or work too many controls.

Okay, here is where I can contribute something new to the iq literature: I put fresh chocolate mint from my wife's plant in the vapor chamber! It worked. I was using a strain with a lot of Blueberry genetics in it, tastes and smells like fake blueberry. Put a little mint in there with it. It tasted like blueberry/nice reefer with mint. This may be like my bong with ice notches where I put ice in it exactly 2 times per year, but hey, it was cool.

I think I could just be happy with the smart paths and the boost function. All four paths are useful and will get you high. Boost is useful. I have this one session, where I'm in the bed, looking at my tablet in the dark before sleep and it's always the same session. I thought I would try to program a smart path for that, starting lower and ending higher, maybe 365 to 410 or something, but I'm really satisfied with what I'm getting from these temp ranges.

My pearl seemed to be a little more "in motion/movable" than what people describe, but I'm just leaving it because I'm okay with the larger bowl size. I have adjusted the pearl up and down a little to clean under it. My wife and I can get really baked with one bowl. I think we could get a third person in there too if we stayed a little more focused.

If this thing dies and I get questionable customer service, I'm going to be singing a somewhat different tune, obviously. Still, 10 years is a long time.

This thing has lived up to the hype IMO. Most internet hype releases have backlashes that are partly in proportion to the hype and partly related to the quality of the product. In terms of its function, I cannot imagine what complaint I might have. I don't think I will end up wishing I had gone with another product, because I think this is the king of portability with quality.

I would give this thing a 95 out of 100. If this was school, I would give it an A, not an A-, not an A+, but a solid A. I see da vinci as having been successful in realizing their vision and having made something really useful to people who vape bud. This is very useful to me as a heavy cannabis using professional.

Sorry if this is a little long. I hope somebody got something out of it that they can use.

Great write up! I'm sure your fellow vapors enjoy and appreciate it!

When do the 10mm-14mm adapters come out?

We already have them! You can find them here! http://www.davincivaporizer.com/10mm-to-14mm-water-adapter/

Spacers MUST be coming. Nearly every other post in this thread has been about bowl size and spacers. It must be coming. If Davinci has any ears at all, it's being made as we speak.

We hear you! Working on multiple options now looking for the best and most practical option for daily use! We are always listening to your feedback it is absolutely the feedback that we took from the Ascent to help craft and design the IQ.

Heh if you knew how long we waited for the Ascent spacers... the product was already EOL when they arrived! :rolleyes:

The pearl is ment to be a built in spacer for the IQ. When you twist it on it's post you will notice it reduces the bowl about 30%. We heard all of your feedback and lists of improvements on the Ascent and we tried to incorporate them into the IQ as best we could!

My IQ gets too hot to touch after about 10 minutes of being on. Anyone else have this issue?

What temperatures are you vaping at? The IQ can get warm when vaping at higher temps and also can get warm when it is left sitting and not being handled by anyone.

I just got my iq and when i try to connect it to the app the app loses connection and the lights on the device go blank and it just heats up until i take the battery out. the device works fine without the app but i cant set smart paths any suggestions ?

Are you using Android or Apple? Also what version of each are you running? ie. iOS 10, Lolipop? Please let me know?

Vaporcussion

Working on multiple options now looking for the best and most practical option for daily use!

Thank you; even with the pearl extended I'm using twice as much material as I want to. As a suggestion, maybe a spacer that you could fish out with the poker, similar to the flavor chamber shape/style? (Please imagine someone outdoors, trying to dump/reload in public :)

On my third day with the iQ, will do a comparison with the Ascent soon....

Sbrew

I am at my wit's end! I ordered my IQ on October 21st. I received it on Nov. 17th. The battery wrap was torn and the battery door would not open wide enough for it to slide out. It came on briefly but did not stay on. Checked the battery on an external charger and it was charged. So I sent it back via an email from Andrew Sevilla. I sent it back at my expense, insured and tracked. It was received at the Front Desk/Reception on November 23rd at 12:30. I have never heard from Davinci since. Friday I held on their support line for one hour, no one ever answered. When I punched zero to leave a message, I got a busy signal. Today I tried again to call and when you punch one, it rings twice and then nothing. I want to PM the Davinci guy that comes on this forum but do not know how to do that. I have never seen such poor customer service anywhere ever! I have paid for this back in October and I still do not have a working unit. Can anyone help? And if I am in the wrong forum, I apologize. I rarely post so am not really sure what to do. I just know I have never been as frustrated as I am now!!!!

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
(Please imagine someone outdoors, trying to dump/reload in public :)

That's exactly what we are imagining and trying to find the best and most practical spacer options for those types of situations.

I want to PM the Davinci guy that comes on this forum but do not know how to do that. I have never seen such poor customer service anywhere ever! I have paid for this back in October and I still do not have a working unit. Can anyone help?

I'll send you a PM right now brother.

Are you using Android or Apple? Also what version of each are you running? ie. iOS 10, Lolipop? Please let me know?

I'm using apple iOS 10 the device works fine i only have the issue when i try to connect to the app

Try resetting the vaporizer before you connect with the app and see if that helps. Also close your app completely and open again before using.

Last edited by a moderator:

b0

Cloudy...
The only thing holding me back to order one of these as soon as they're available at @VapeFiend.com is stories about bad CS.

Is the reputation of DaVinci good or bad guys? Would appreciate to hear from people with possitive experiences :)

KidKush91

That's exactly what we are imagining and trying to find the best and most practical spacer options for those types of situations.

I'll send you a PM right now brother.

I'm using apple iOS 10 the device works fine i only have the issue when i try to connect to the app

Try resetting the vaporizer before you connect with the app and see if that helps. Also close your app completely and open again before using.[/QUOTE]

yeah i did both still the same both still the same result. i hope my device is not defective that would really be a bummer because it work fine without the app but i would love to set my smart paths.

Top Bottom