dredogg

It just edges the Crafty as an on-the-go portable because you can buy a bunch of batteries, charge them outside the device, and swap them out as needed. This is a major benefit for a vape you take out of the house. Then it has a much better smartphone app, but everything can be controlled onboard without the app. The smart paths make it even more convenient, as you never have to manually change temp.

To be fair, the Crafty has slightly better vapor quality, and much less draw resistance. But the IQ surpasses the Crafty in vapor quantity - it produces thicker clouds, and the sessions last longer.

The Pax2 has fallen out of my rotation. The IQ is better in every way. Even before, I would only use my Pax2 when I needed something with maximum stealth factor. The IQ is equally compact, smells less, and has two viable mouthpieces (everyone hates the Pax2 raised mouthpiece). Then when you consider the flavor chamber, the ceramic vapor pathway, the ease of loading and cleaning...it's no contest.

Great analysis, thanks for the clarification, this was really helpful. I already pre ordered NOV 1st (Gunmetal, still in "awaiting shipment purgatory) and I owned a Pax 1 a while back which I lost and I currently own a Crafty and firefly2, i like them both for different reasons but wanted another to fill the vacancy of having an on the go vape that was stealthy and not cause me to have to deal with "sipping" (firefly 2... not all the time im in the mood for stressing my lungs). Was considering a Pax 2 or Pax 3 but went with this instead. After watching the reviews I always got the sense that while good, pax2/pax3 was more geared towards if you wanna be a tad flashy/fancy in terms of its edge over other vaporizers than say pound for pound better from stictly lets say the qualities that truly matter when picking a vape. Not that it isnt good or that other vapes dont have sex appeal but i think especially the pax 3 they def take the "conversation starter" award

Forbin's Dog

Last night I shared a pack with a friend of mine, filled to about 1/8" below the black border. I put on Smart Path 2, and we lost track of how many hits we each took before ending the session(and they were all decent clouds). We both remarked at how surprised we were that it just kept hitting. It's worth noting that he is a Volcano owner, but doesn't have much experience with portables. After that experience he seemed very interested in picking up an IQ. I never stirred or anything and came back to it hours later on Smart Path 4 and got whispy hits the entire 10 minutes which was more than enough for me at that time.

I noticed something about the battery life, or maybe I'm just not interpreting the IQ signals correctly. I have a rotation of 3 batteries which is awesome. Upon using the first two I started getting the vibration and lights warning me that the battery was getting low. I decided to finish out my session, but charge them afterwards. When I put them into my charger(Xtar SV2), the both read at about 66-68% full. @Davinci_vaporizer, am I misinterpreting the warning signal, or does the IQ just play it safe with its low battery warnings? I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually had a lot more left in my batteries than I had realized. Anyone else notice this?

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
Okay - i have brought some 10mm clear glass beads - £1.60 off ebay. This is the kind used in jewellery or sowing. Tried to find something "high temp" but all i could find were baking beans. Those were more expensive and not a regular size.

To test them - i am gonna put them in my oven in my kitchen on the highest temp for 10mins. Then ill cool them down under a cold tap and see how they hold up.Once i have done my little experiment - ill let you know.

It's definitely a good idea to test how well the bead holds up at varying temps. But be very careful expecially when going from extreamly high temps to low temps with glass. That is probably when it's at its highest risk of shattering and even exploding. That's why it's never a good idea to rinse your bong in hot water and then try to cool it off with cold water.

Mario Juan,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Great analysis, thanks for the clarification, this was really helpful. I already pre ordered NOV 1st (Gunmetal, still in "awaiting shipment purgatory) and I owned a Pax 1 a while back which I lost and I currently own a Crafty and firefly2, i like them both for different reasons but wanted another to fill the vacancy of having an on the go vape that was stealthy and not cause me to have to deal with "sipping" (firefly 2... not all the time im in the mood for stressing my lungs). Was considering a Pax 2 or Pax 3 but went with this instead. After watching the reviews I always got the sense that while good, pax2/pax3 was more geared towards if you wanna be a tad flashy/fancy in terms of its edge over other vaporizers than say pound for pound better from stictly lets say the qualities that truly matter when picking a vape. Not that it isnt good or that other vapes dont have sex appeal but i think especially the pax 3 they def take the "conversation starter" award

I think the IQ and FF2 are a great pairing and they complement each other well.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Okay - i have brought some 10mm clear glass beads - £1.60 off ebay. This is the kind used in jewellery or sowing. Tried to find something "high temp" but all i could find were baking beans. Those were more expensive and not a regular size.

To test them - i am gonna put them in my oven in my kitchen on the highest temp for 10mins. Then ill cool them down under a cold tap and see how they hold up.Once i have done my little experiment - ill let you know.

@Davinci_vaporizer whats the time line for the official oven spacer? This vape is crying out for one.

Be careful when taking the beads from the oven to the cold water. That quick cool down might shock them and cause them to shatter. As far as an official oven spacer, we are always working on new products and accessories so don't be surprised to see new things. The pearl was meant to be the spacer for this IQ by cutting down the oven capacity by 30%. If there is an overwhelming demand for more spacing then you will absolutely see it made.

Last night I shared a pack with a friend of mine, filled to about 1/8" below the black border. I put on Smart Path 2, and we lost track of how many hits we each took before ending the session(and they were all decent clouds). We both remarked at how surprised we were that it just kept hitting. It's worth noting that he is a Volcano owner, but doesn't have much experience with portables. After that experience he seemed very interested in picking up an IQ. I never stirred or anything and came back to it hours later on Smart Path 4 and got whispy hits the entire 10 minutes which was more than enough for me at that time.

I noticed something about the battery life, or maybe I'm just not interpreting the IQ signals correctly. I have a rotation of 3 batteries which is awesome. Upon using the first two I started getting the vibration and lights warning me that the battery was getting low. I decided to finish out my session, but charge them afterwards. When I put them into my charger(Xtar SV2), the both read at about 66-68% full. @Davinci_vaporizer, am I misinterpreting the warning signal, or does the IQ just play it safe with its low battery warnings? I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually had a lot more left in my batteries than I had realized. Anyone else notice this?

Great recap of your experience so far. About the battery life. Are all of your batteries the same Amp and mAh rating? Depending on the mAh you might have shorter or longer run times. Also about the battery indicator. When the bowl is heating up to temperature it draws a lot of power from the battery to bring it to temp. This confuses the battery indicator sometimes thinking it is running low on power. Once the bowl is at temp the power should stabilize and read more accurately.

Will these batteries work also?
MXJO 18650 3500mAh Flat Top Battery
https://www.imrbatteries.com/mxjo-18650-3500mah-flat-top-battery/

Thank you!

Yes These will work just fine! Actually a pretty good battery.

Forbin's Dog

Great recap of your experience so far. About the battery life. Are all of your batteries the same Amp and mAh rating? Depending on the mAh you might have shorter or longer run times. Also about the battery indicator. When the bowl is heating up to temperature it draws a lot of power from the battery to bring it to temp. This confuses the battery indicator sometimes thinking it is running low on power. Once the bowl is at temp the power should stabilize and read more accurately.

I'm using an LG MJ1 3500mAh 10A, and a Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A that I picked up from IMR Batteries. I believe the battery that came with the IQ is the Sanyo, but I could be mistaken. So far it has happened on the LG and the Sanyo that I ordered. I haven't used the stock battery to that point yet. Just clarifying, this isn't a complaint, just an observation.

Forbin's Dog,
Reactions: Adobewan

Trulukkyphrank

I'm confused by the battery level feedback.
When I turn the unit on it shows the battery sign with 4 bright lights out of 5, then it heats up and immediatly vibrates and shows the battery sign with 1 blinking light out of the 5.. During the session it vibrates many times and shows the battery with 1 blinking light.

It also turned off many times after turning on. I tought the battery must be empty but when I connected to the usb port, the battery had 3bright lights and one blinking, so 3/5 of the battery is left but I couldn't heat it on.. I fully charged the battery over night but had the same issue in further sessions, it shows 4/5 battery when turning on but while vaping it always vibrates and shows the battery with 2 or 1 blinking lights.

I only used it in presicion mode, I'm really confused about this, can someone help me?

edit: I love the vapor taste from this device!

Reggie Watts

I'm confused by the battery level feedback.
When I turn the unit on it shows the battery sign with 4 bright lights out of 5, then it heats up and immediatly vibrates and shows the battery sign with 1 blinking light out of the 5.. During the session it vibrates many times and shows the battery with 1 blinking light.

It also turned off many times after turning on. I tought the battery must be empty but when I connected to the usb port, the battery had 3bright lights and one blinking, so 3/5 of the battery is left but I couldn't heat it on.. I fully charged the battery over night but had the same issue in further sessions, it shows 4/5 battery when turning on but while vaping it always vibrates and shows the battery with 2 or 1 blinking lights.

I only used it in presicion mode, I'm really confused about this, can someone help me?

edit: I love the vapor taste from this device!
I wish I could help, but I'm just as confused about the battery indicator. My external bat charger often doesn't agree with the IQ meter.

Still better than the Firefly2, though. That thing will go from "over half full" to "dead" instantly, lol.

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't be talking shit about the FF2 while using my FF2. Haha... <takes another puff>

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Excessive voltage sag on your cell is a clear sign that your load exceeds the C rating, or that the cell is weak or internally damaged. If it's a stock cell then you got a dud, otherwise you might have just bought a B-grade rewrap instead of a name brand (Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic/Sanyo, everything else is not a manufacturer just a rewrapper).

KeroZen,

Cantibliss

O.G. bliss
Excessive voltage sag on your cell is a clear sign that your load exceeds the C rating, or that the cell is weak or internally damaged. If it's a stock cell then you got a dud, otherwise you might have just bought a B-grade rewrap instead of a name brand (Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic/Sanyo, everything else is not a manufacturer just a rewrapper).

Is MXJO a good brand name?

smokeydabear

Well-Blown member
Just a heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing this. Vapelifestore.com has 20% off items this weekend and you can preorder one of these on the site. They say it should be available sometime in December so if you're willing to wait it seems like a good deal. I put one in the cart and it came out to $220 USD. I didnt buy one because my wallet isnt heavy enough but I thought people would like to know

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Is MXJO a good brand name?

Heh what part of "everything else" don't you understand? :cool:

It might be good, but it also might not. A particular batch could be... or not... If you are lucky the rewrapper doesn't buy B-grade cells, in which case you are paying usually more for the exact same cell than what you would pay if you buy directly the name brand. If not then you are both paying more AND getting a crappy cell...

https://www.facebook.com/1636157550...828.1636157550007158/1709404356015810/?type=3
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ts-just-another-rewrapped-10a-battery.737524/

Get the real deal please!

KeroZen,

Cantibliss

O.G. bliss
I appreciate your brutal honesty.

Which of the the following batteries which would work the best and are the safest for the DaVinci IQ?:
Samsung 35E 18650 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery
Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery
LG MJ1 18650 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery

Thanks Again!

Last edited:

Volteric

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing this. Vapelifestore.com has 20% off items this weekend and you can preorder one of these on the site. They say it should be available sometime in December so if you're willing to wait it seems like a good deal. I put one in the cart and it came out to $220 USD. I didnt buy one because my wallet isnt heavy enough but I thought people would like to know

Thanks man. My grand total: $236 w taxes and shipping. Gunmetal.

Cantibliss

O.G. bliss
1: Can the Davinci Iq utilize 18650 3000mAh batteries?

2:
Do you recommend any of these batteries?

a) Samsung 35E 18650 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery
b) Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery
c) LG MJ1 18650 3500mAh 10A Flat Top Battery
d) LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Battery
e) all of the above
n) other: _______________________________________

Last edited:
I don't know why you guys are flirting so close to the amp limit with these low drain batteries. It just seems like an unnecessary risk you put on yourselves. Why not go for some good quality high drain batteries from a good name brand. Like I said before any of the Samsung 25r's will work just fine, the Sony HTC 4,5's work great. The LG hg2 is a good battery. You basically just want unprotected 18650 high drain batteries from a brand you recognize. If you buy them from a good place they will be legit. I always look for trusted sellers on Amazon or use a battery outlet like http://www.batteryjunction.com The most important things are, high drain, good brand. Unprotected cells. Stock up. Grab a couple digit-chargers while you are at it and save the headache. Just buy 4-5 and you can have on demand vaping 24/7

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
Just got my stealth unit in this morning. This thing is TINY! Loving the unit so far. Beautiful presentation. Built quality seems excellent. Currently blowing consistent and satisfying clouds on smart path 1. This puppy does get very hot however (bordering uncomfortable but I don't think it will burn you although I am on a low temp) and I could do without the clicking though. Besides for those two minor complaints, I absolutely LOVE this little guy.

Edit: Hurry up with those silicone cases Da Vinci! I'm ready to cash in my credit (:
An otterbox esque case would be pretty awesome. A harder casing for protection from drops and scratches with a silicone cover/ grips to put a cool layer between the heat from the vape and your hand.

Cantibliss

O.G. bliss
This puppy does get very hot however (bordering uncomfortable but I don't think it will burn you although I am on a low temp) and I could do without the clicking though.

Is the battery getting hot? Have you tried other batteries?

Cantibliss,

b0

Cloudy...
Just got my stealth unit in this morning. This thing is TINY! Loving the unit so far. Beautiful presentation. Built quality seems excellent. Currently blowing consistent and satisfying clouds on smart path 1. This puppy does get very hot however (bordering uncomfortable but I don't think it will burn you although I am on a low temp) and I could do without the clicking though. Besides for those two minor complaints, I absolutely LOVE this little guy.

Edit: Hurry up with those silicone cases Da Vinci! I'm ready to cash in my credit (:
An otterbox esque case would be pretty awesome. A harder casing for protection from drops and scratches with a silicone cover/ grips to put a cool layer between the heat from the vape and your hand.

I'm missing a conduction vape in my rotation after selling my pax2 and now that I sold my FF2 too I have been following this post. This vape seems to have everything I would need and even a couple things that I don't even know if I would need lol.

How big is the oven? Smaller than Pax2? How easy is to clean? Pax2 was really easy to clean for me, not sure if this would be more complicated, hated cleaning the Elevape for example.

I mean, as long as it heats quicker than the pax 2, the oven isn't bigger and has good flavor I'm gonna get one. Also wondering how good the CS is, hated Firefly's one and for me a decent CS is mandatory.

Right now I'm between this and Pax 3, not sure wich one is gonna be...

Edit: forgot to ask about the flavor against Crafty and CF vaporizers if anyone has them, it seems like this vape has better flavor than those ones on the reviews I have seen.

sixtysix

Thanks for this, I couldn't resist just ordered!

Top Bottom