Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
A silicone skin might be niiiiice:D

Stay tuned.....:brow:

Ha...can't say that's ever happened but I've definitely shot a PAX out of my hand and lost the lid while strolling and vaping out in the wild and would imagine the IQ would be much easier to do that with if you loosened your grip slightly.

You can be assured if you ever did drop your IQ on the go none of it's lids or parts would go very far because they are hinged to the device rather than removable lids like other vapes.

I cannot seem to get the results everybody else is getting with this vape. The oven is huge I have to put at least .5 in there to get any decent production or feeling. I have tried half packing with a fine grind and packing firmly and the vapor is very light on all smart paths and there is crazy draw resistance. Even when I fully pack the oven the vapor production is nowhere near my pax2 or arizer air or my haze v3. I can only turn the AVB into a light brown color. That's after 3 10 minute sessions with the last one set to 430 for the whole one and stirring in between. My herb is high quality and works just fine in all my other vapes so I'm wondering if its user error or if my device is faulty. I have tried emailing davinci multiple times but it seems they don't like replying to emails. They sent me the wrong color unit and wouldn't get back to me on exchanging it.

Hey man, there shouldn't be too much draw resistance. I'm wondering if you are packing too tightly. Also if your abv is not browning and turning dark especially at 430°. PM me if you think it might be the oven and we can take care of that for you!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
First of all - two sessions in and loving this vape. Seems to give consistant vapor draw after draw.

My pearl does not seem to unscrew. I dont want to force it stopped trying.

First session i filled the chamber and gave it a little shake to tamp it down. This got me too stoned for 1 person. I am a lightweight.

2nd session i just used the amount of herb i would usually use to get me where i want to be. This was a large pinch. Maybe bowel 2/3 filled untamped. This worked great. Still the same vapor production. I did unfortunatley get bits flying up and blocking the mouthpiece. Ill experiment with using the same amount and tamping it down, or a course grind.

Tried both mouthpieces - i prefer the flat one. More stealthy, and works the same as the straw one.

This has got to be the most stealthy vape i have seen. It can be totally palmed and if anyone found it with the flat mouthpiece they would have no idea what it was.

I can't speak for DaVinci, but it sounds like you've already tried everything I would tell you to try. My favorite way to pack it is loosely to the top and then tamped just enough to make room for the pearl. I'm not a fan of the super tight packs.

It sounds to me like your unit is bad. My abv comes out dark brown on 430 no matter how short it is in there, let alone for 30 minutes! I think your heater may be bad and not getting to full temp. Does your unit get pretty warm after ten minutes of use? Mine gets to be a nice hand-warmer after about six or seven minutes.

Yes my unit gets pretty warm after around 7 minutes or so but it doesn't get too hot to hold. I don't put anything in the flavor chamber. Should 5 minutes on smart path 3 and 5 minutes on smart path 4 turn the material dark brown? For me its always a mix of green and a super light brown almost yellow color. I'm starting to think the heater might be defective

aryo

What's the odor projection like after 1-2 full sessions? i.e. if I put it in my pocket, will people around me be able to notice the stank?

aryo,
Reactions: vapen00b

ChrisCana

See link to screenshot in previous message. "large amounts of units not passing QC" Direct from Davinci support. Seems confirmed enough for me.

ChrisCana,

ChrisCana

Copy and paste link into web browser. Not sure why url wont link from message. Trying to insert image here from twitter post

Cxl0PaSXEAAcIpN.jpg

Alarming that the QC testing is not being done at the factory? I assumed DaVinci had people over there, it's a brand new product

DaVinci also owns the factory. SO there's no reason QC shouldn't be completed before they get over here. Additionally, that adds more room for QC failure as now the DaVinci shipping area may be 'contaminated' with non-functioning or inferior parts which would accidentally be shipped out.
Also interesting... Apparently Andrew is the only person responding to e-mails, so it may be that he is the only person they have responding to anything. Making customer service horrible.

srfnflmngo3390

DaVinci also owns the factory. SO there's no reason QC shouldn't be completed before they get over here. Additionally, that adds more room for QC failure as now the DaVinci shipping area may be 'contaminated' with non-functioning or inferior parts which would accidentally be shipped out.
Also interesting... Apparently Andrew is the only person responding to e-mails, so it may be that he is the only person they have responding to anything. Making customer service horrible.

I'm starting to think 'Andrew' is their only employee...same guy who answers phone too. No answers for me still (Oct 20th Gunmetal)

Sbrew

I received my blue IQ Thursday after ordering on Oct. 21st. Charged it overnight. Went to turn on and no matter how many times I clicked it 5 times, it would not turn on. Opened the battery door and the battery door would not open wide enough for the battery to just slip out. Looked and saw part of the covering of the battery was torn. So finally got it out, put it on an external charger and it showed battery was charged. Put it back into the vape and started trying to click it on. Finally came on but would not turn off. Had to pull out the battery. I'm at a total loss. Cannot believe I would get a battery with a torn covering. I took photos to show this is how it was received. Have already sent an email and will call Monday.
Very disappointed.

Sbrew,

ld

I'm starting to think 'Andrew' is their only employee...same guy who answers phone too. No answers for me still (Oct 20th Gunmetal)
I feel so sorry for the issues many of you are having. I guess I'm lucky, ordered Nov 2nd and received 14th. The 11th was veteran's day, no mail. Ive called a number of times since I wasn't very impressed with the user manual and also had a problem with the app loading. Andrew has answered the phone very quickly and helped me out everytime with my problems/questions. Ive since ordered another one as a gift. Obviously this one will take a little/or lot longer because of QC issues, and I understand. Im sure you all have another vape to use in the meantime. I guarantee (not money back) that when you get one without problems you will be as thrilled as me. Have a great weekend all.

icedtea

I feel so sorry for the issues many of you are having. I guess I'm lucky, ordered Nov 2nd and received 14th. The 11th was veteran's day, no mail. Ive called a number of times since I wasn't very impressed with the user manual and also had a problem with the app loading. Andrew has answered the phone very quickly and helped me out everytime with my problems/questions. Ive since ordered another one as a gift. Obviously this one will take a little/or lot longer because of QC issues, and I understand. Im sure you all have another vape to use in the meantime. I guarantee (not money back) that when you get one without problems you will be as thrilled as me. Have a great weekend all.

Just out of curiosity, what color did you order? I ordered on Nov 2nd as well, but have yet to receive anything. I'm still waiting patiently because I know there are many that ordered before me and haven't received theirs either.

tdr

Just received my IQ and I am slightly worried I have one of the defective ones people seem to be talking about. My device gets so hot to the touch you almost can't hold it, and I haven't even used it to smoke yet, that was just while setting smart paths. Is this something most people are experiencing? I can't get myself to try to deal with their customer service again...

Reggie Watts

Just received my IQ and I am slightly worried I have one of the defective ones people seem to be talking about. My device gets so hot to the touch you almost can't hold it, and I haven't even used it to smoke yet, that was just while setting smart paths. Is this something most people are experiencing? I can't get myself to try to deal with their customer service again...
Mine gets hot to the touch, but it works great!

Reggie Watts,

jay87

How's the cleaning procedure on the IQ?

Is it possible to clean both sides of the IQ oven? As in if you remove the flavor chamber can you get to the oven holes entering from the top?

I just ordered an IQ today so we'll see when it ends up getting shipped. :drool:

Top Bottom