stickstones

Vapor concierge
0.18 sounds good! how was the vapor production compared to the full load? and did you unsrew the oven ball for using 0.18g? Thank you for supporting us with great field testing :love:

I've been using it with the pearl extended almost exclusively. I'm not a fan of the super pack load as it gets restricted and the taste can turn a little quicker. For me, it's a light tamp with a full load. A small load works fine with a tight pack. I did one about a third full after packing tightly and was happy with the vapor production.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I measured a couple of packs last night.

Loosely filled and not tamped - 0.18g
Packed full and as tight as possible with a finishing grinder - 0.3g

A full pack is to the top of the ceramic and below the black silicone...no need to pack above the ceramic. I don't see how I could ever get half a gram in this thing.
Prally counting if you load the flavor chamber too .5-.7. Just got it today. Very cool and sleek. Tasty too. For those worried about microdosing another zirconia ball on top of the load would do the job nicely. I'm sure dv will be selling xtras. More to come gang...:tup:

Edit: the "2 ball load" coined...giggidy

abcdicted

hey everyone ,so I already asked this already in the Shipping thread but I think i might have more luck since this one seems more active? I order mine Nov 11th :) and awaiting Shipment, I know it is a little late to the party so I'm not expecting it any time soon, but what make me worry now is this Customs tax Fee that some people are mentioning, as someone else mention it's an already expensive vape , i live in BC, Canada anybody from here that can tell me how much is the customs fee, or if any have received the IQ here in canada ,did any of youhave to pay extra custom Taxes?@Davinci_vaporizer

thanks in advance!

abcdicted,

Southern Chef

Prally counting if you load the flavor chamber too .5-.7. Just got it today. Very cool and sleek. Tasty too. For those worried about microdosing another zirconia ball on top of the load would do the job nicely. I'm sure dv will be selling xtras. More to come gang...:tup:

Edit: the "2 ball load" coined...giggidy
2 ball load...brilliant. Brilliant I say.

cyphronix

I finally got my blue one yesterday and the thing rocks. Some minor complaints. The battery housing is just a little difficult to close but that's more due to my huge hands. The ball is too hard to get off and I'm not sure I even want to try. The unit was also a little glitchy when I first turned it on. For some reason it was going through a heating cycle and all of the displays and buttons were not lit and the 5 clicks would not shut the unit off. I had to manually pull the battery. I'm not sure if that was just a small one time thing but make sure you guys keep an eye out.

Other than that the vape works like a dream. Better vapor production than the arizer air, Pax 2, and g pen elite. I think I like the straw mouth piece better because it seemed to have better air flow and less draw resistance. The unit is smaller than expected and feels really sturdy in hand. Overall it's my favorite vape I own so far.

Last edited:

Jerel56

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is how easy this device could slip out of your hands if you're not careful...the outside casing, while very nice, is super slick and since the IQ has some decent heft to it...I could very easily see this dropping out of one's hands more than the PAX for instance as its heavier.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is how easy this device could slip out of your hands if you're not careful...the outside casing, while very nice, is super slick and since the IQ has some decent heft to it...I could very easily see this dropping out of one's hands more than the PAX for instance as its heavier.

Yeah man, don't fall asleep with it in your hands! Last night I was in bed with the IQ in one hand the iPhone in the other. When I woke up everything was right where I left it, but my pokehunter had walked about a mile!

Jerel56

Yeah man, don't fall asleep with it in your hands! Last night I was in bed with the IQ in one hand the iPhone in the other. When I woke up everything was right where I left it, but my pokehunter had walked about a mile!

Ha...can't say that's ever happened but I've definitely shot a PAX out of my hand and lost the lid while strolling and vaping out in the wild and would imagine the IQ would be much easier to do that with if you loosened your grip slightly.

Yukonman77

I'm really not trying to hate the iq, in fact just the opposite, and I'm probably wrong to compare it to the vapes that I am (crafty/evo) but I tried half pack and tamped with spacecase grind and there is such little vapor at 370-390 smartpath, like wispy as shit. And that was .3, I think I need help lol. Unless you can only get "decent" production at .5g because thats what it is looking like. I have to test it further but its eating the herb! Any insight? Also am i the only one with avb in flavor chamber after a a regular grind?

Actually getting not bad results mixing green with not to dark avb, I guess that's obvious though, I'd still rather not but it could be a quick fix to my grievance haha. This definitely might be a vape where you get more than one use out of your session though which I'm just not used to, because you can save the bowl for later, too. Definitely requires stir for evenness, I don't go above 400 though really, except I do like the boost mode. Tamp definitely, but I should have known with convection

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
@stickstones
I like my Solos, but I'm liking a lot this one. All the little things and bits.
I lost my digital scale...
Would you give a thumbs up on the IQ about delivering flavor as a Solo?
And a load/bowl of a Solo, very economical IMO, would give same results in average cloud vapor delivery placed in the IQ??
I know all the bud kind, moist and etc etc.
Only the best primo bud from WA and OR here, medical/legal/underground... no worries about quality here.
Thanks in advance and much appreciated.
VAS is coming back with a vengeance ;)
Stay vaped...

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: vapen00b

Reggie Watts

there is such little vapor at 370-390 smartpath, like wispy as shit.
One thing about conduction is that you need to give it a few minutes to "build up" vapor. The first few hits are wispy, but by the time it hits 375-380 I get nice clouds. Over 380 the clouds are huge. I haven't measured the exact weight of my herbs, but I'm pretty sure I'm using less than half a gram lightly tamped.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
@Reggie Watts
That makes totally sense.
My Solos too, level 5 is supposed to be around 390. That's where I start seeing effortless kind of choking clouds with my Solos.
If I start at level 7 from the beginning, supposed to be 410, I get real choking effortless clouds.
Looks kind of similar for conduction vapes temps.
I'm getting closer...
Stay vaped.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm probably wrong to compare it to the vapes that I am (crafty/evo)

Definitely right about the Evo, but maybe not the Crafty. When I first got mine I packed the flavor chamber before using and was unimpressed. Once I emptied it I started getting great results. Are you putting anything in the flavor chamber? Anyhow, when I had the flavor chamber packed I got the Mighty out to see if I was crazy because I wasn't happy with the IQ results. The Mighty confirmed my herb was okay, and once I removed the stuff from the flavor chamber it's been great since.

I do agree that you should try the higher temps. 390 on the Crafty might not be the same as 390 on the IQ. Just play with the IQ higher temps without regard to the temps on your other vapes and see where you land for your liking.

Would you give a thumbs up on the IQ about delivering flavor as a Solo?
And a load/bowl of a Solo, very economical IMO, would give same results in average cloud vapor delivery placed in the IQ??

Any chance you know what size load you like in the Solo? Unfortunately I have long since loaned my old Solo out and don't have it here for a direct comparison. In fact, it's been so long since I've hit one that I wouldn't want to compare taste without having it here again. But I do have some solo stems here I could pack and weigh to do some kind of comparison for you. Ideas?

I cannot seem to get the results everybody else is getting with this vape. The oven is huge I have to put at least .5 in there to get any decent production or feeling. I have tried half packing with a fine grind and packing firmly and the vapor is very light on all smart paths and there is crazy draw resistance. Even when I fully pack the oven the vapor production is nowhere near my pax2 or arizer air or my haze v3. I can only turn the AVB into a light brown color. That's after 3 10 minute sessions with the last one set to 430 for the whole one and stirring in between. My herb is high quality and works just fine in all my other vapes so I'm wondering if its user error or if my device is faulty. I have tried emailing davinci multiple times but it seems they don't like replying to emails. They sent me the wrong color unit and wouldn't get back to me on exchanging it.

Wazzu4life,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I cannot seem to get the results everybody else is getting with this vape. The oven is huge I have to put at least .5 in there to get any decent production or feeling. I have tried half packing with a fine grind and packing firmly and the vapor is very light on all smart paths and there is crazy draw resistance. Even when I fully pack the oven the vapor production is nowhere near my pax2 or arizer air or my haze v3. I can only turn the AVB into a light brown color. That's after 3 10 minute sessions with the last one set to 430 for the whole one and stirring in between. My herb is high quality and works just fine in all my other vapes so I'm wondering if its user error or if my device is faulty. I have tried emailing davinci multiple times but it seems they don't like replying to emails. They sent me the wrong color unit and wouldn't get back to me on exchanging it.

I can't speak for DaVinci, but it sounds like you've already tried everything I would tell you to try. My favorite way to pack it is loosely to the top and then tamped just enough to make room for the pearl. I'm not a fan of the super tight packs.

It sounds to me like your unit is bad. My abv comes out dark brown on 430 no matter how short it is in there, let alone for 30 minutes! I think your heater may be bad and not getting to full temp. Does your unit get pretty warm after ten minutes of use? Mine gets to be a nice hand-warmer after about six or seven minutes.

Last edited:

Yukonman77

Pretty much getting the same results, and unfortunately its not the bud either. I tried the suggestions too, I mean boost mode isn't really making vapor either and im packing full, light tamped.

Yukonman77,

Yukonman77

And you guys have nothing in your flavor chambers, right?
Correct, and I took out the chamber to try without and it was kinda better but not really, plus I wouldn't recommended it anyways because its not meant to be the vapor path. Someone pointed out that their holes in the oven are not aligned with the vapor path, and this is true on mine too, at least that when i look down the path without the chamber in i can only see one hole cleared, and the others are blocked, can anyone confirm if this is normal for all devices? otherwise perhaps mine is not aligned correctly?

Yukonman77,

Yukonman77

well for example the crafty at 390 will be hotter than this after hitting it at 430, and avb is always light after even 2 sessions I ran the same material through it. However it still has heat just not like "hand warmer" some people are getting up to

Mario Juan

Lovecombustion
People have mentioned in the shipping forum that Davinci told them the reasons orders have been taking so long to get sent out lately is partly due to a quality control issue they have been dealing with (apparently not too well). Just conjecture, but I would say you got a defective unit.

Southern Chef

well for example the crafty at 390 will be hotter than this after hitting it at 430, and avb is always light after even 2 sessions I ran the same material through it. However it still has heat just not like "hand warmer" some people are getting up to
Dude, @stickstones is right about the "hand warmer". I run mine mostly on 380 and it is a "hand warmer" after 7 or 8 minutes. It really sounds like you have a bad oven. She gets pretty warm....not uncomfortable but noticeable. This is a really nice vape and there's no doubt in my mind you got a defective one.

Southern Chef,
Top Bottom