nacho257

I put herbs in the mouthpiece and taste was noticeably better, vapor QUANTITY still isn't what I'd expect with flavor chamber empty or full of herb.

I'm not blaming the IQ, as it's likely just me, however I'm going to try it with no chamber tonight just to see what that does.

tyethewolf

Haha. Yes you are correct Reggie it is the carry can!

It looks like the can is painted on the inside? Don't want to get flakes in my bud. :shrug:

Personally I am a big fan of grinding up a bunch of bud and packing it into a Doob tube for easy packing.

Been using this thing for a while now and the only 2 downsides that I can see is 1. The Pearl is slightly too small and let's herb fall out around the base getting stuck where it screws in. 2. I can't seem to get the Pearl unscrewed as it just snaps back into place. Other than that I can't find anything wrong. (makes for a great hand warmer for a night time stroll :tup:)

JamesTiberiousKirk

I thought it was the herb carry can.

Ah! And thanks Davinci for confirming this. Pretty cool surprise indeed. Much better, and useful than trying to get the Pax2 to play "Funky Town"

The included accessory I really love is the included keychain pick tool. Very handy and discreet! Handy for other vapes too.

For those that have the IQ. If you take the flavour chamber out whats the flavour chamber chamber made out of?

Zirconia flavored ceramic, just like the rest of the vapor path. Cool stuff.

On the app side of things, I use android and I cannot connect via Bluetooth anymore. Could be a defect in my unit, but I will wait for further app updates. Not a problem since almost everything can be done that needs to be done on the unit itself.

Reggie Watts

The IQ is a great outdoor companion! It accompanied me hiking last weekend and kept me and 3 others sufficiently uplifted. It's also quite efficient. Say what you will about the bowl size, but at least you get the most vapor possible from your herbs. I did a 20 minute session today and the thing was still producing clouds. I was like, "how do I make it stop?" lol

Here's my oven after 9 bowls and no ISO cleaning. I dump, brush and blow out the oven and pearl after each session berfore it cools down.

NiM8T2e.jpg
Mine looks about the same after 30+ bowls. This thing is easy to keep clean. The only problem area is the little space between the oven and flavor chamber, but it's not too bad.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Sorry poor wording on my part. The unit enters stand by after releasing the control button from Boost. Now from standy by you can press any button to exit and resume your smart path where you left it. I how that clears it up.

Please let me ask you this unanswered passage again - there's at least one additional guy interested ;) :D:

vapen00b said:
On another note, do you plan on implementing a "boost limiter" to the app software to adjust a max boost temp? I think @Shit Snacks asked something like that before. this would be a stunning feature and probably easy to do?

Vaporcussion

1) Yes, a boost limiter for sure! I would never use the top temp.

2) May I assume if you set a smart path to less than 10 min, (i.e. 6 minutes) that means it will then shut off after 6 minutes?

3) (If you aren't using a smart path), can you simply program a shut off after X number of minutes?

Southern Chef

1) Yes, a boost limiter for sure! I would never use the top temp.

2) May I assume if you set a smart path to less than 10 min, (i.e. 6 minutes) that means it will then shut off after 6 minutes?

3) (If you aren't using a smart path), can you simply program a shut off after X number of minutes?
#3 -- I don't think that you can program the device itself to do this but you can certainly use the app to make a custom smart path that, for example, will hold 380 for 6 minutes. The only limitation I see is that you can't exceed 10 minutes.

Vaporcussion

Thanks Southern Chef!
Is there anything that resembles "stand by mode" like the PAX2? If you are in precision mode, and people are just standing around talking and not taking hits, can it sense that and shut off? Or just always shut off after a certain time? (in precision mode)

Southern Chef

Thanks Southern Chef!
Is there anything that resembles "stand by mode" like the PAX2? If you are in precision mode, and people are just standing around talking and not taking hits, can it sense that and shut off? Or just always shut off after a certain time? (in precision mode)
Not an expert here but mine doesn't shut down just sitting around until the timer expires. I've read that the pax does this to conserve battery life....not so important in the IQ with a quick swap battery.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks Southern Chef!

I tried to mimic this last night. I set the unit to 220F and let it warm up. Then when I wanted a hit I pushed the boost and waited for it to climb to where I wanted to hit it. Then I would let go of boost during my hit and finish the hit while it dropped back to 220 where it would wait for my next hit. I'm not sure 220 is the best temp to settle on, but I'm gonna keep playing with that method to see how it works.

Southern Chef

I tried to mimic this last night. I set the unit to 220F and let it warm up. Then when I wanted a hit I pushed the boost and waited for it to climb to where I wanted to hit it. Then I would let go of boost during my hit and finish the hit while it dropped back to 220 where it would wait for my next hit. I'm not sure 220 is the best temp to settle on, but I'm gonna keep playing with that method to see how it works.
Very cool Sticks. Gonna try that.

mephisto

I have found the perfect cooling accessory, unfortunately W9 tech no longer carries the piece. It is the original nibbler water device. The internal bore perfectly matches the 10mm mouthpiece for water cooled goodness in a tiny package. Much as I love this vape, my convective snobbery forces me to pass it along.
No loss of love for Davinci, they make great vapes! I will try and post a pic later of the nibbler comfortably seated atop the IQ. Vape strong!

Baron23

This vape has so much versatility that I am now getting to try things I've never done before!

Btw, I like this vape a lot! I'll be posting thoughts here over time...a living review if you will. Feel free to suggest things to try and I'll see if I can give it a go!
Hi @stickstones - first, thank you for planning to have a on-going review 'diary', if you will. I'm interested to here how this device does in the wild...you know, what's it really like when its home alone, yeah?!

Suggest things to try for your review? Yes, please...minimum load size. I would love some real life feedback on the practical limits of load size and packing (i.g. fine vs not fine, tamped vs not tamped, that sort of thing).

Thanks again!

Volteric

This vape has so much versatility that I am now getting to try things I've never done before!

Btw, I like this vape a lot! I'll be posting thoughts here over time...a living review if you will. Feel free to suggest things to try and I'll see if I can give it a go!

I'd love to hear more 'in the field' experiences with that flavor chamber and if you fill it with ground herb or chunks and if it gives much more noticeable flavor than without.

Would really like to know if you have to stir it at all. If not, is it even abv all around in every way?

Does your 'pearl pusher' truly reduce your load size by 30%?

Thank you!

havock69

Anyone have an idea of what the current lead time is on these, just ordered mine no hurry just curious

havock69,

dredogg

Anyone have an idea of what the current lead time is on these, just ordered mine no hurry just curious

For me it's been 2 weeks. Ordered Nov 1st. Still hasn't shipped. However some colors are shipping faster than others. Gunmetal (what I ordered) and blue seem to be the problem child. Stealth (black) and copper seem to be shipping out faster.

Trulukkyphrank

For me it's been 2 weeks. Ordered Nov 1st. Still hasn't shipped. However some colors are shipping faster than others. Gunmetal (what I ordered) and blue seem to be the problem child. Stealth (black) and copper seem to be shipping out faster.

I ordered three stealth devices at Oct 24th, and got yesterday shipping confirmation.. I don't think the problem issue is something with the color.
link to IQ shipping problem discussion: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-davinci-iq-shipping-and-ordering-discussion.23070/page-5

and @stickstones I'm also interested in the load size in every way like @Baron23. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
Trulukkyphrank,
Reactions: vapen00b

nacho257

I'd love to hear more 'in the field' experiences with that flavor chamber and if you fill it with ground herb or chunks and if it gives much more noticeable flavor than without.

Would really like to know if you have to stir it at all. If not, is it even abv all around in every way?

Does your 'pearl pusher' truly reduce your load size by 30%?

Thank you!

I've been doing finer grind with 4pc grinder inverted, lightly tamped, loads. 4-.5.

Flavor chamber makes a noticeable improvement in flavor IMO. that being said, I tried it WITHOUT the flavor chamber last night and actually liked it a lot, absolutely no draw resistance which I'm more used to. I know this induces an air leak and doesn't keep the pure vapor path, interesting to try.

The pearl definitely reduces bowl size. That being said, it is hard to turn as the silicon post turns with it.

I'm also getting about two longer sessions with the stock battery before it's drained.

Minor complaint would be having to press 5 times to turn it on. Maybe I just need more practice, but the button is small and I find it difficult at times in my non-dominant hand. Seems like it'd be a challenge for an older user.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Some random thoughts...

I would not recommend using it without the flavor chamber installed. That is going to gum up the inside walls with oil that will make it a bitch to install and remove the flavor chamber later.

I ran my first ten bowls with some degummed hemp fiber in the flavor chamber and thought the unit was weak. Turns out I had too much fiber in there. When I pulled it out it was nice and gummy and vaped really well, and the IQ started performing like a champ. So I recommend getting to know your IQ empty first before going for infusion.

I'm having good sessions with a full load tamped or not. I'm also leaving my pearl fully extended and taking up 30%ish of the oven space. I'm getting good results with a load tightly packed that is half full or more after packing. Less than 1/4 full after tightly packing will vaporize but the clouds get thinner. Las night I threw a whole nugget in there and loved it, but I haven't done a post inspection of the abv yet (I know, bad stickstones).

As my pictures showed, the oven doesn't stain if emptied and brushed immediately after use. One bowl of reclaim in hemp fiber stained it immediately, though. I like hitting it native, but last night I tried the nibbler and liked it. Vapor was thicker without the bubbler, obviously, and the unit does such a great job of cooling without it that I won't use that much...but it is a perfect fit!

I'll start weighing loads now and testing different packs for light loads and report back. Now that I know what it works best with I can start quantifying that.

I did do a temp test of the bowl and was impressed. I placed my temp probe in the middle of a ball of hemp fiber to simulate a full bowl. The temps lagged behind the display by 100F at first and then by about 60F at the top end. But remember I am measuring the center of the load while the IQ is sensing the outer walls. After about 30 extra seconds at 446 to soak it stabilized to 445/446, which is incredibly accurate!

The unit gets pretty warm after a long session on high temps. My wife is not a vaporist and thought the unit was hot when she touched it. I've done this test with her in the past with other vapes and she is on the sensitive side for that test. No part of the exterior gets hot enough to injure, even on the sensitive lips. So for most it will feel like a nice hand warmer, like the log vapes, and for a very few it will will feel hot. I expect no more than a few of complaints about the outer temperature...it gets warmer than the Pax, but will feel normal to most vaporist.

The IQ makes an audible clicking sound that reminds me of a geiger counter. It's very faint and only noticeable when it is within about 18 inches of your ear. It does it anytime it is heating, so it's pretty constant. It doesn't bother me, but it's unique and noticeable.

The app is easily the best I've ver seen. I hate apps that are required, and this one is not. In fact, after initial testing I don't use it at all anymore. I'll use it occasionally to mess with the smart paths, but after that I can do everything I want without it...yay! The interface is cool and effective.

I've been using it almost exclusively since the weekend and am very happy with it. With a rotation of two or three batteries it feels like a workhorse.

Baron23

@stickstones - thanks, partner. Great report and look forward to your quantitative data on load size.

Very cool about the hemp fiber and vaping it after using as a filter. Perhaps with less fiber in the flavor chamber it might not have as much of an impact on vapor production??

Cheers

Jerel56

To follow up on my earlier post about my initial combustion with my IQ....it seems to be working normally now and the smell is diminishing with each cleaning.

Couple of questions for those who have one..

1. Does anyone else have a hard time getting the silicone gasket on the two MPs to fit back in the device when switching back and forth? I find it to be ill fitting and a PITA every time so hoping there's a trick to it.

2. My pearl does not unscrew at all...it moves like it is unscrewing but I think the spike it sits on must be turning with it...anyone else have this problem?

3. The ABV is light brown no matter how long it's been used...get pulls and some clouds but very tuff to tell if it's cooked or not in general.

Top Bottom