Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sure and I am looking for those. Do you know any? I just cleaned my vapes and it was tiresome.

Pure convection tends to be much easier to clean than session conduction, glass and steel better than ceramic too, especially if chamber is removable it's usually super easy to fully clean... Oh also gotta do it without letting it build up so much if you want it to be quicker, less hassle but more often so its a trade off

hinglemccringleberry

Are there any ovens without build up?

Sure and I am looking for those. Do you know any? I just cleaned my vapes and it was tiresome.
My Alfa never gets buildup in the oven. All the buildup occurs in the vapor path which is very easy and convenient to clean. And thats a session conduction vape (Anodized aluminum oven, stainless steel vapor path)

Last edited:

essie1

It looks to me that the so called water adapter is all you need to make water filtration possible on the go. Just add some water into the glass water adapter and go. Am I correct? Or is it an adapter to connect the IQ to a bong?
I'm talking about this one: http://www.davincivaporizer.com/10mm-to-14mm-water-adapter/

And about build up in the oven: I'll guess that this also depends on the sort of flowers & temps you are using. Some strains are giving more sticky flowers than others.

Last edited:
essie1,
Reactions: steama

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Build up in the oven is not a good thing so far... Big drawback in my book.

What build up are you talking about? VC is the only person in the public with an IQ so I'm not sure what you mean.

Do we know if it has pass-through charging? (Can you use while it's charging?)

Yes the IQ will feature pass through charging. The Battery will still have to be inside the unit for it to power on and be in use while using pass-through.

It looks to me that the so called water adapter is all you need to make water filtration possible on the go. Just add some water into the glass water adapter and go. Am I correct? Or is it an adapter to connect the IQ to a bong?

It is just an adapter to connect to the IQ to a water pipe. The extended mouthpiece is also a 10mm adapter to connect to 10mm water pipes. The one you see on the website is an adapter to convert the 10mm adapter to a 14mm so you can connect to 14mm water pipes.

Anyone got a good smellproof case for this and probably 2 doob tubes of green?

We have smell proof cases on our website that fit our products! RYOT and Vatra are great options too!

Same here for an order to the Netherlands. I can order one in the UK for € 53 less. Must be a bug on the website.

It's not a bug that is causing prices to rise for EU customers. In the EU, we charge a 21% VAT, which is automatically added to your order. VAT is a tax which we must collect and turn in to the government.

Last edited by a moderator:

stinkytofus

1. how much flowers per packed session?
2. can u use it with less flowers?
3. how easy is the oven for cleaning? detachable/removable?

it'll be really cool if they can make a mouthpiece that can be filled with water and act as a glass piece for filtration purposes, that would be cool haha

stinkytofus,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
1. how much flowers per packed session?
2. can u use it with less flowers?
3. how easy is the oven for cleaning? detachable/removable?

1 - You can pack between .5-.7 grams in the oven to pack it full.
2- Yes you can pack less herbs and still vape. You can pack as little as .4 or .3g and vape nicely. The IQ also features a pearl which is adjustable and can reduce the volume of the bowl by 30% so you can vape less.
3- The oven is not removable but is very easily cleaned. The oven door opens wipe to allow you to dump out the herb. Every IQ also comes with a cleaning kit which includes a brush and 9 alcohol wipes for cleaning. Best way to clean the oven is to wrap a alcohol wipe around the brush and use that to scrub out your bowl.

Baron23

Its just a 10 mm to 14 mm glass adapter so you can put the IQ, with the 10 mm mouthpiece, directly on a 14 mm joint.

Build up in the oven is not a good thing so far... Big drawback in my book.

What build up are you talking about? VC is the only person in the public with an IQ so I'm not sure what you mean.

@Davinci_vaporizer - yeah...I was wondering what he was talking about also and even back tracked up the thread a bit to see if I had missed something about oven buildup but no, no there.

@natural farmer, you state this oven build up rather unambiguously. Please, what experience is this based on? Can you further describe?

2- Yes you can pack less herbs and still vape. You can pack as little as .4 or .3g and vape nicely. The IQ also features a pearl which is adjustable and can reduce the volume of the bowl by 30% so you can vape less.

Whoa, hold the presses. On VC's site, there is a member who contacted your customer service by email and received the following reply:

Thank you for the email, I went to my supervisor and technician with the questions that were asked. Yes that is correct it will not minimize the chamber to that little but the chamber itself is not as big as our Davinci Ascent so its really not to big to begin with. At the moment I do not believe there will be a replacible and bigger ball to minimize the bowl capacity I do apologize for that but like I said the development department did take that into consideration so they developed the IQ to not have that big of a chamber. I hope this helps with answering your questions

So which is it....is the Pearl a chamber size adjusting device or not. If it is, I would dearly hope that DiVinci would take a second look at the stiffness of the threaded prong for the Pearl and the amount of thread (and hence the amount of oven size adjustment) available on it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Baron23,
Reactions: nacho257

natural farmer

@natural farmer, you state this oven build up rather unambiguously. Please, what experience is this based on? Can you further describe?

Cheers

AkWoP16.png

QEkA2Cd.png

:rolleyes:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
My Ascent bowl also gunked up faster than other ceramic ovens and ISO+qtips were not enough to clean it. Had to (mechanically) scrape it to remove the brown/black film that developed over time.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Isn't a oven supposed to get stained if you don't clean regularly?? My mighty oven is caked up. No worries over here. I just got lazy with cleaning that part. Still works as intended

I think I'm gonna wait a bit on this one and see how the launch goes and first wave of user reviews on here. Or maybe until PUffitup stocks them cuz I have a hard time buying from anybody else these days haha. Is would make a really nice Christmas gift tho.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
So which is it....is the Pearl a chamber size adjusting device or not. If it is, I would dearly hope that DiVinci would take a second look at the stiffness of the threaded prong for the Pearl and the amount of thread (and hence the amount of oven size adjustment) available on it.

The pearl is primarily the oven seal. It keeps your herb packed in your bowl and prevents it from falling out. The pearl is also on a short threaded post what allows you to adjust the height of the pearl so that when you close it you can reduce the volume of your oven by 30%. There is currently only one size pearl.

I believe that in this persons e-mail to our customer service department they were wondering if they could vape a very small amount such as .1g and if we would have larger pearls that would accommodate that size adjustment. I'd also like to add that if the pearl was larger or if the post was longer you wouldn't actually be able to close the bottom cap.

Isn't a oven supposed to get stained if you don't clean regularly?? My mighty oven is caked up. No worries over here. I just got lazy with cleaning that part. Still works as intended

The best practice to help avoid against staining is to simply dump your bowl when your done with it. When your herbs cool and dry inside of your oven it speeds up staining and build up. The glaze that VC mentions is actually a glass glaze which is to help prevent staining but only slightly.

Baron23

The pearl is primarily the oven seal. It keeps your herb packed in your bowl and prevents it from falling out. The pearl is also on a short threaded post what allows you to adjust the height of the pearl so that when you close it you can reduce the volume of your oven by 30%. There is currently only one size pearl.

I believe that in this persons e-mail to our customer service department they were wondering if they could vape a very small amount such as .1g and if we would have larger pearls that would accommodate that size adjustment. I'd also like to add that if the pearl was larger or if the post was longer you wouldn't actually be able to close the bottom cap.

The best practice to help avoid against staining is to simply dump your bowl when your done with it. When your herbs cool and dry inside of your oven it speeds up staining and build up. The glaze that VC mentions is actually a glass glaze which is to help prevent staining but only slightly.

Thank you, DiVinici - I was getting quite confused about the Pearl and you may want to pass on to VC that the adjustment is indeed up to a 30% reduction. That's pretty significant. I think he looked at it and said something like it was fairly short and didn't seem as if it was intended to provide chamber size reduction. Up to 30% is a good reduction range IMO.

Yeah, I do get the mechanical interference issue.

Wrt to Bud...The VC....I think I can say that he and I share some fairly anal and perfectionist tendencies (LOL) where I do not think most people would object if there ceramic oven walls discolor. As for build up, I agree...take brush, clean out after use.

Cheers all

tyethewolf

Sorry I'm still confused. Does having the Pearl in place fully tightened down reduce it by 30%? If so how much more would it be reduced while fully extended?

tyethewolf,
Top Bottom