Vaporcussion

Easy unscrew the pearl , get a cartridge and drill the top to the same threading , screw on. A flower mate pod or boundless pod may fit. I don't know the dimensions , but instead of taking the pearl off maybe see if it fits the chamber and just drop the pod in.
You guys are modifying it already, lol

Here's a video showing the size comparison to the Pax 2, beyond that not much :)

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Easy unscrew the pearl , get a cartridge and drill the top to the same threading , screw on. A flower mate pod or boundless pod may fit. I don't know the dimensions , but instead of taking the pearl off maybe see if it fits the chamber and just drop the pod in.

I think the original DaVinci oil cans fit in the IQ oven, although they probably don't give a great concentrate experience. I really like that DaVinci didn't want to include any feature in the IQ that didn't function well, and concentrates fell into that category. Personally, I am never satisfied by concentrate hits from an oil can in a conduction oven.

Justpassedu

I think the original DaVinci oil cans fit in the IQ oven, although they probably don't give a great concentrate experience. I really like that DaVinci didn't want to include any feature in the IQ that didn't function well, and concentrates fell into that category. Personally, I am never satisfied by concentrate hits from an oil can in a conduction oven.
I agree , have tried a few concentrate sessions in a oil can and was never satisfied , I am interested in hearing how the Pax 3 does with there newly designed can for oil. I was really trying to answer the posters question in how they they can adapt it. Personally i like a concentrate sandwich in a conduction vape. It really amps up the session and adds great flavor. The Iq is looking great so far.

SiDankies

I think im sold. The size is great. Removal battery is great. I like the idea of the app and smart paths.

My biggest question is using small amounts. I like to start the day using as little as possible and then adding more each time I vape.

Also I typically Vape with my girl and with my Air ill do 6-10 mins then she'll do 6-10 and I have never had an issue with over heating. I hope this Vape can handle similar usage.

Edit: vape critic has said the "pearl" is not effective. He said the threads on the bottom aren't strong enough to effectively hold the pearl in place. He said it only adjusts a few millimeters so it really doesn't aid in using smaller loads. This is worrisome.

Davinci,

I know it's late jn the game but this is the problem you guys had with the ascent. People had to use full loads to get nice results until you guys effectively made the spacers. I think you should change the pearl function somehow. Maybe don't make the prong flexible but make it sturdy with more precise threading. Also maybe make the prong longer so people can adjust the pearl further. Smaller loads that give similar results to a full load is a good thing!!

Last edited:

nacho257

Do we know if there will be more accessories? Just looked, the only ones I'd want would be 14mm WPA ($10), Keychain tool ($6), and carrying case ($15), which brings a total of $31. None of those besides the WPA are too important IMO, I feel like I'd rather have a lesser discount ($30-$40 off) on the unit itself

Baron23

I think im sold. The size is great. Removal battery is great. I like the idea of the app and smart paths.

My biggest question is using small amounts. I like to start the day using as little as possible and then adding more each time I vape.

Also I typically Vape with my girl and with my Air ill do 6-10 mins then she'll do 6-10 and I have never had an issue with over heating. I hope this Vape can handle similar usage.

Edit: vape critic has said the "pearl" is not effective. He said the threads on the bottom aren't strong enough to effectively hold the pearl in place. He said it only adjusts a few millimeters so it really doesn't aid in using smaller loads. This is worrisome.

Davinci,

I know it's late jn the game but this is the problem you guys had with the ascent. People had to use full loads to get nice results until you guys effectively made the spacers. I think you should change the pearl function somehow. Maybe don't make the prong flexible but make it sturdy with more precise threading. Also maybe make the prong longer so people can adjust the pearl further. Smaller loads that give similar results to a full load is a good thing!!
I fully agree with this...would be a VERY beneficial modification by DaVinci.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yeah the pearl is adjustable, but not by much. imo, the intent was to either use it with the pearl or without, in which case it would work a lot like the glass beads I was using with the Ascent. I'm not gonna start thinking mods are needed based on just one person's review, especially when no one here has used it yet.

SiDankies

Yeah the pearl is adjustable, but not by much. imo, the intent was to either use it with the pearl or without, in which case it would work a lot like the glass beads I was using with the Ascent. I'm not gonna start thinking mods are needed based on just one person's review, especially when no one here has used it yet.
Id say he's a credible source to base opinions off of. Also the pearl should be fixed onto the prong and just snap into different levels. The fact that it's removeable but doesn't actually have a variety of adjustments is sad. They have to fix this before it releases and people label it a flaw, which they will.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's screwed on, so it is infinitely adjustable within its range, which ain't huge.

VC has credibility, but he's just one guy. I can't tell you how many times I've tested a vape and run to a trusted friend to confirm what I'm thinking before going public. I'm not saying it can't be better, I'm just saying I'm not going to suggest improvement to a vape manufacturer for a product none of us have tested yet. I always feel more 'secure' in my opinions of a vape after they've been confirmed or dis-confirmed by the gang here.

But this point isn't worth spending time on. Let's just get that vape in our hands!

KLo

No Ember
Since the vape critic just posted a review on his site, you may want to email him to ask for his recommendation, and how this one compares (re: cool vapor).

Ahh, VC ... Awaiting an update on the IQ. That first video was ruffled, imo. Captions, hands & vocals amok :\ Still appreciate the preview, Bud.

I didn't get to hit this thing at Champs, but I got hold one for a while and I am expecting the vapor to be very cool. Not only is the oven on the opposite end of the mouthpiece like the Pax, but they put that flavor chamber in there that will help to cool the vapor. If that wasn't enough, the mouthpiece has a diffusing disc that further cools the vapor. And that pearl is really cool...no more glass spacers!

For flowers, this thing has every feature I could think of and a couple I had never thought of before!

Indeed. Nice lovelies !

Hi folks - just read the complete thread.

In my view, conduction has gotten an undeserved bad name, it works well, it works consistently, it works without a lot of user technique or body English needed, and units made with this approach have proved to be durable and reliable (which cannot be said about all vapes, eh?), and it supports sharing/passing around.

I also agree that there is some difference in vape signature...in the experience and effect, if you will...between conduction and convection but there are differences in signature of all vapes. My Volcano is pure convection but its signature is very different from my GH.

So, to me the fact that its conduction is not a mortal sin by any means nor do I consider it a step backwards as has been previously alluded to.

I like the app because; 1) its not needed to operate and adjust the unit; 2) it facilitates future firmware upgrades; 3) it supports the profiles which, given that you can set both time and start/end temps, provides a great deal of control and is what I do manually temp stepping my Flowermate Pro for example.

Unit looks very nice. It will have to compete with units like the CFV, etc. So, the price is a bit on the steep side, I think, but we will see.

Bud, the Vape Critic, seemed to like the vapor quality and smoothness and I KNOW he is a lower temp, gentle vapor guy all the way.

But, the test is in the field with normal users and I'm looking forward to reading about that.

Looks like a very nice job, DiVinci.

Yes to all of that. IQ has me adjusting my attitude (convection whore, here).

Yes you absolutely could! In fact if you load your flavor chamber with herbs and vape a few sessions with the same herb in the flavor chamber what should happen over time is all of the resin from your vape sessions should start to deposit on your herbs in your flavor chamber. So you should in theory you would be resin charging your herbs.

Brilliant !!

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
A flower mate pod or boundless pod may fit. I don't know the dimensions , but instead of taking the pearl off maybe see if it fits the chamber and just drop the pod in.

Neither Flowermate or Boundless pods fit inside of the IQ. I'm sorry.

I read on the website shipping is free to the UK. When i press delivery estimate it says free as well. Then the prices changes to $332 dollars?

I'm not sure what is causing that problem it may be a glitch. Send me a PM and I can help place your order with the correct shipping amount.

I really like that DaVinci didn't want to include any feature in the IQ that didn't function well, and concentrates fell into that category. Personally, I am never satisfied by concentrate hits from an oil can in a conduction oven.

That Was definitely the thought process. We worked very hard to bring out the best in each feature we incorporated into the IQ. The last thing we wanted was to have mediocre functionality from an oil can. For those who remember the Ascent and Original DaVinci both featured cans and jars for concentrates and oil. Neither of them worked specatualarly well or get a lot of love from our users. Personally I don't feel that concentrates work very well in the process of conduction or at temperatures lower than 500 degrees. Again that's just my opinion.

Do we know if there will be more accessories?

Of course there will be more accessories. The accessories listed currently are the ones that will be available to ship at the time of launch. We will be releasing more and more accessories as they become available as we come up with them!

artist

livin'in vapooodia
I am confused about shipping. I read on the website shipping is free to the UK. When i press delivery estimate it says free as well. Then the prices changes to $332 dollars?

hi there, same here,
when i preordered the price was 250,49€ and the shipping was supposed to be free for luxemburg eu, but at checkout i had to pay 303 € ??? maybe the 53 € that i/we had to pay more are taxes ...???

artist,
Reactions: essie1

essie1

hi there, same here,
when i preordered the price was 250,49€ and the shipping was supposed to be free for luxemburg eu, but at checkout i had to pay 303 € ??? maybe the 53 € that i/we had to pay more are taxes ...???

Same here for an order to the Netherlands. I can order one in the UK for € 53 less. Must be a bug on the website.

essie1,
Reactions: artist

Mr. Me2

Anyone got a good smellproof case for this and probably 2 doob tubes of green? :science: (Googled Vatra products which seemed to be good still sure someone has a better one in mind! :p )
I'm a Vatra fan, but you also may want to look at RYOT cases.

Mr. Me2,

Baron23

It's screwed on, so it is infinitely adjustable within its range, which ain't huge.

VC has credibility, but he's just one guy. I can't tell you how many times I've tested a vape and run to a trusted friend to confirm what I'm thinking before going public. I'm not saying it can't be better, I'm just saying I'm not going to suggest improvement to a vape manufacturer for a product none of us have tested yet. I always feel more 'secure' in my opinions of a vape after they've been confirmed or dis-confirmed by the gang here.

But this point isn't worth spending time on. Let's just get that vape in our hands!

I repectfully don't agree that this isn't worth spending time on. A member of Vape Critic's BBS contacted DiVinci who confirmed (yeah, all second hand but) that the Pearl is not intended as a chamber size adjuster. This follows what Bud said also...there just isn't enough threads to be really considered 'adjustable' and apparently the stem isn't a very solid piece.

Earlier in this thread I defended conduction as still a very valid and desirable tech approach, if done well.

However, one really good criticism of conduction is (in general) the chambers like to be filled and tamped a bit for good performance and many/most don't work well with small partial loads. With the Pax, New Vape addressed this via after market presser lids until Pax woke the f*ck up on the Pax 3 and now directly offers accessories to reduce chamber size for smaller sessions.

DiVinci would be very well advised, IMO, to heed this and provide a way to reduce chamber size. They already have the basics for it in place.

Last edited:

nacho257

I repectfully don't agree that this isn't worth spending time on. A member of Vape Critic's BBS contact DiVinci who confirmed (yeah, all second hand but) that the Pearl is not intended as a chamber size adjuster. This follows what Bud said also...there just isn't enough threads to be really considered 'adjustable' and apparently the stem isn't a very solid piece.

Earlier in this thread I defended conduction as still a very valid and desirable tech approach, if done well.

However, one really good criticism of conduction is (in general) the chambers generally like to be filled and tamped a bit for good performance and generally don't work well with small partial loads. Wth the Pax, New Vape addressed this via after market presser lids until Pax woke the f*ck up on the Pax 3 and now directly offer accessories to reduce chamber size for smaller sessions.

DiVinci would be very well advised, IMO, to heed this and provide a way to reduce chamber size. They already have the basics for it in place.
I agree to an extent, it does seem like this oven is smaller than the pax though, roughly 0.2ish, which is only slightly bigger than the 0.15 the pax becomes with pusher. IMO, stock size is small enough where having it be adjustable isn't a deal breaker.

Baron23

I agree to an extent, it does seem like this oven is smaller than the pax though, roughly 0.2ish, which is only slightly bigger than the 0.15 the pax becomes with pusher. IMO, stock size is small enough where having it be adjustable isn't a deal breaker.
I agree, its not a deal breaker. But the potential for oven size adjustment is already built into the design with the Pearl and, if only improved for this specific purpose, an adjustable oven size would widen their addressable market IMO.

Cheers

SiDankies

I was told the intention of the pearl was to be a spacer. If the oven can be effectively used with or without it, I think we might be good. If it supposed to be always left in there, then the threads don't do much for adjustability.

Why would we want the prong in their without the pearl? It might ruin a tight pack.

It wouldn't be a hard fix to make the prong longer with more precise threading for further adjustment. The option to pack it as much as you want while still keeping a tight pack that produces good results would be huge.

SiDankies,
Reactions: Baron23

hinglemccringleberry

I like the on-demand temp boost feature where you can have the baseline temp ultra low. Seems like a great way to make your herbs last longer than they would in a normal conduction vape while still getting satisfying vapor out of your hits.
Anyone got a good smellproof case for this and probably 2 doob tubes of green? :science: (Googled Vatra products which seemed to be good still sure someone has a better one in mind! :p )
I use a smallish steel coffee thermos for that with my Alfa (vape goes in a sunglass pouch first). It's similar in size to the IQ. And my glass MP extension and a few doob tubes also fit in there and snugs everything so nothing rattles around. Thermoses and tumblers are nice and unassuming

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Chandler

i can't wait till this badboy is released. i'm dying to see some more user reviews.
Removeable batteries is like icing on top of the cake. Whats nice, is i already have two 18650's for my Airizer Air plus the battery charger!

looking like this might replace my crafty. Can't wait for the live comparisons!!

Chandler,
Reactions: steama
Top Bottom