The CORRECT way to store your bud?

Raskolnikov

I have some strains stored over 1.5 years, taste good to me…
Agree with that completely. If I find a Strain I particularly like I buy lb and store it correctly and the bud comes out better every time. I've done a few year cures and it's beautiful tasting.

I love it when people say taste. People talking of terps annoy the shit out of me. People are trying to be like wine snobs and talking about nose and terps. Just say bloody taste and smell. Even more stupid imo are the cocaine snobs, Talking about their bump like its a £1000 bottle of wine. Idiots.

I'm off to shake my fist at a cloud now.

Raskolnikov

meh... I no longer store long term. Unless flush with cash, I'd rather not lock up my funds in a mason jar for a year... I'd rather my money be working and getting some sort of ROI.
Completely understand your point of view my friend. Im retired and I spent my whole life looking for the best ROI I could get. My wife has a terminal illness so we intend to enjoy what we have worked for our entire life. Bulk is less expensive in the long run if you are a heavy user.

On a side note. If anyone is ever feeling generous, please consider a small donation to the UK CF trust or the butterfly trust. They do wonders for CF patients in Britain. It's a horrible illness. My wife and I were flying home from Jamaica in December last year and her lung collapsed. The pilot wanted to divert to the Azores as we were mid Atlantic at the time but they eventually found enough oxygen so we got to Manchester and had to spend a month in Wythenshaw hospital in Manchester. These charities were willing to put me up in a hotel for the duration but I stayed in the room with her the whole time. I do fund raising events for them and any amount is welcome. As I said they do wonderful work for CF patients and their families who are in need.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
And when I want to decrease the humidity I place an open jar with granular diatomaceous earth (Autozone Floor Dry) pre dried in the microwave.

Not sure I’d use “granular diatomaceous earth”, just a quick google search, here is one SAFTY DATA SHEET:

“Chemical Family = Silica
Dust may cause abrasive irritation to eyes. Prolonged skin contact may cause dryness. Dust may cause nose, throat and upper respiratory tract irritation. Prolonged inhalation of high concentration of dust may cause lung effects.”

DrJynx86

There is food grade diatomaceous earth, that's not toxic at all, only keep it away from your eyes/basic care.

Also, I'm assuming (again) he means the diat. earth is on the same container than the weed but not touching that, is just an absorber like having some silica gel there.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’ve been enjoying the Ongrok jars I got off Amazon. Wish they had a size in between these two, with Boveda packs the small ones struggle to get 1/4 in; and I don’t like to buy any smaller than that. The “large” ones here are one size up (at least that I could find on Amazon) and they easily hold an oz. with room to spare.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
These look pretty nice for shorter term, many sizes to choose from,

MIRON VIOLET GLASS (BIOPHOTONIC) STORAGE JARS
four-miron-glasses.png

zeusjames

Also, I'm assuming (again) he means the diat. earth is on the same container than the weed but not touching that, is just an absorber like having some silica gel there.
First I wash the DE which removes most of the dust. Then place it in a small glass jar and then heat it on low in the microwave until it's dry. Then place a sealing lid on the jar. When I want to use it I remove the lid and place the jar with the DE into the weed container. If I want to add moisture I place a small jar filled with water in the weed container.

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
I have no V.A.S. , have a Qaroma and a now a Devine Tribe V5, and couldnt be happier(apart for small irrational yearning for a D.T. Sic Quest too, concentrates and box mods are still a novelty for me), and no current G.A.S. either, but looking at my jars covered in black electrical tape to keep the light out....
....I feel a bout of Storage Tub Aquisition Syndrome High, or S.T.A.S.H. - from looking at nice storge containers on this post whilst very well medicated.

There is food grade diatomaceous earth, that's not toxic at all, only keep it away from your eyes/basic care.
You can eat it but You dont really want to breath it, it is somewhat abrasive. .Maybe cover open containers with it in with filter paper of the right micron size and a rubber band to hold it in place, just incase of draughts when its in with your Bud. A giant dessicant bag.

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I use one without any engraving as a salt pig. It's not airtight at all. This one might be more snug however, sounds like more friction than mine when it swivels open. Without a gasket though I'd bet it's not very airtight.
I have one that I use for AVB. Not airtight enough for storing fresh bud, but the magnet closure helps with spills while transporting and does help keep smell down between empties if I remember to close it.

Dankvinci

It’s been debated many times in this very thread. No scientific proof, just personal observations. Bovida packs don’t seem to bother cigar connoisseurs, some cigars cost as much as an ounce of weed. Experiment, and decide for yourself, the only opinion that matters…
Right on!! I use the C-vaults that use boxed packets, the packets live in the lid, and don't touch the bud. its a great system.

Zander

I keep my bud in a dark, airtight container called herb guard. They're very heavy duty glass I believe with smell proof lids and they're like dark purple to keep light out. I've always read that bóveda packs steal terps but I've never seen any evidence for this. Can anyone speak to the rationale behind them degrading terps?
I also use herb guard jars. I’ve been using herb guard jars for over 3 years now, and I still have some weed from 3 years ago that I had transferred into a 2 ounce herb guard jar as soon as I got it and honestly it’s pretty much the exact same as it was 3 years ago. it’s possible that it has lost a bit of potency and smell/taste, but that’s because I hadn‘t closed the lid tight enough without knowing for many months, and some of the thc and the terpenes have inevitably evaporated. if you do everything right, I think herb guard can keeps goods fresh for many, many years. I love my herb guard stuff.

Top Bottom