The Boil That Oil Thread!

DirtMcGurt

P3270046.jpg

DirtMcGurt,

Yukon Cornelius

Nice piece there Dirt.

Anybody have any 90 degree curves they're willing to part with, perhaps?

Yukon Cornelius,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Is that all reclaim on the back of the tube???? That second dot is pretty high. Lol

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Yup... Tube works too well for oils, that curve now belongs to Yukon now ;)

picked up a new dome, need to grab a mini tube.. Also grabbed another bub/curve, pics later!

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
hahahah man you are movin through glass. so you got another lil b comin?? or is it someone else? i cant wait to see either way. and try mine :cool:

minnesnowta,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
i love the oil stencils he does on them. there so tight. and i love the colors. i cant wait. i wanna see what you managed to pick up in the process as well. has to be sick to let this go

minnesnowta,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
This section on FC I wanted to make for oil rigs and oil rigs only!... Gotta love the Rigs! Post your vids and pics of your current rig here!... My oil rig hasnt been shipped yet or it would be up here trust me!:(

cogz756,

420Downunder

Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted here, I didn't even realize there was any oil vapers here :lol:.

Here's my current units;

629397292_UtXUM-X3.jpg

629384160_GqqdV-X3.jpg

629396756_7tVxk-X3.jpg

816426130_JQLz9-X3.jpg

816426129_H3TVC-X3.jpg

816426063_DMh5P-X3.jpg

816425988_Nk8mx-X3.jpg

789609508_NNbH9-X3.jpg

The tube it's on :)
789606002_4ihE8-X3.jpg

And here's a new one about to be wrapped by HMK before he sends it my way :brow:

Pics by HMK;

840526177_itGdR-X3.jpg

840525882_FzsZv-X3.jpg

840525959_beJoF-X3.jpg

840526078_KPyUj-X3.jpg

420Downunder,

stinkmeaner

aznfknpride said:
420DU, killing it, as usual! The coilpot unit is SICK, I bet you're stoked!
That Dosa oiler crushes the HMK any day of the week, if things were reversed and the HMK's were easy to get and the Dosa's had the exclusivity then people would be drooling over Dosa's or any other glass blowers work instead. I laugh to myself every time I visit Toke City and read his thread and see people drooling over a plain little bubbler with a simple one color design or just a little frit like it is the best work they ever seen, I am not saying they are ugly but most have little to no work at all. I can't believe people worry about names so much. Sorry for my rant but someone's has to think the same as me.

stinkmeaner,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
That's your unit 420?!?! Hmk showed me a picture of that one and I was drooling. That dosa is probaly the nicest one around right now too.

And for the record. Hmks glass is blown by his sister for the most part, he's just starting to blow himself. He wraps everything up. He is the originator of the the curve and his units have alot of refinements to them that others don't. I can't attest to this myself but most people that have both say the same.

I do think dosa has alot cleaner work and his wait time is better but it's still atleast a month. If I could I'd own both. Just to have options.

minnesnowta,

420Downunder

Yep, I'm aware that GGirl makes all the ones with a non recessed joint, if it's got a recessed joint it's made 100% by HMK.
Comparing my other GGirl one to my Dosa unit both hit well but the HMK/GGirl unit definitely hits just that bit better, everything is perfect. You're right about the Dosa units though, he does awesome worked sections and the waiting list is a lot less + you can easily request a custom one where with HMK you get given a choice between several units if your lucky, I'm just lucky that both times I ended up with one I really like lol.

420Downunder,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Yup, minnesnowta nailed it on the head... and 420 confirmed it. I've yet to hit a kut unit, but I have hit a kut curve and the dosa curve is a bit air-ier, if that's a word. Last I heard Dosa's waitlist is about 2 months, he's still backed up from AGE.

I want a ggirl/kut unit bad... real bad. Got a couple kutcurves on the way though, should hold me over :)

aznfknpride,

420Downunder

One other big thing I noticed, the Dosa rig doesn't hold the oil residue in the curve very well, 90% seems to end up going through the water where with the GGirl/HMK rig 90% seems to collect in the curve allowing you to reclaim it cleanly and easily. I'm pretty sure the GGirl/HMK waiting list is a lot shorter than it used to be though, I think I only waited about 2-3 months this time (it could have been more but I don't think so, it's one of those get on the list and forget it deals ;) ), last time was a year lol.

420Downunder,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Are you running a screen in any of them 420?? Hmk said that helps with reclaim forming sooner which is always a good thing so you can reuse it. I wonder if you got a dosa unit with a screen if it would help at all. My lil b seems to be the same nature in that it goes through the water instead of getting caught in the curve.

So dosa is up to two months huh. I'm having thoughts of selling my dome and nail and getting on the list for a dosa unit. Then flip mine when that gets here. Sooo many choices. I know I'm gonna have an oiler at all times. They just feel soo right.

Edit: close up rip. I'm workin on gettin a better camera....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBSeTvSHnTc

minnesnowta,

420Downunder

minnesnowta said:
Are you running a screen in any of them 420?? Hmk said that helps with reclaim forming sooner which is always a good thing so you can reuse it. I wonder if you got a dosa unit with a screen if it would help at all. My lil b seems to be the same nature in that it goes through the water instead of getting caught in the curve.

So dosa is up to two months huh. I'm having thoughts of selling my dome and nail and getting on the list for a dosa unit. Then flip mine when that gets here. Sooo many choices. I know I'm gonna have an oiler at all times. They just feel soo right.

Edit: close up rip. I'm workin on gettin a better camera....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBSeTvSHnTc
Yep, both have a screen in place.

420Downunder,
Top Bottom