aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
DSC03875.jpg

DSC03876.jpg

DSC03878.jpg

DSC03880.jpg

aznfknpride,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
Here are a couple of new pieces coming from Labworx:
035.jpg
014.jpg

This guy does some amazing work.. It's very reptilian

rbrown13,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So did you decided to actually bite the bullet an order one of those things, eh? (glass pad vapor swing)

Personally, I think it looks like total jank; it'll eventually break and need replacement parts, and probably half as effective as a ti pad. Let us know how it works out....

SpiralArchitect,

rbrown13

SpiralArchitect said:
So did you decided to actually bite the bullet an order one of those things, eh? (glass pad vapor swing)

Personally, I think it looks like total jank; it'll eventually break and need replacement parts, and probably half as effective as a ti pad. Let us know how it works out....
well that was your take on the glass pad and curve when I first showed them a while back I have been using the glass for about 3 weeks now day in and day out all day long and I just got a prototype quartz pad version in the mail today I'll be reporting on that later as well as a more in depth review of the boro pad but I can tell you after three weeks using this boro pad with several high grade indoor strain oils I will not at least at this point be going back to ti, the glass produces a cleaner sweeter taste and this has been confirmed by several people myself included in side by side boro/ti real world tests it simply outperforms ti and Spiral just because it's available and "none" of the blowers are using it doesn't mean it's not superior this pad isn't just a piece of boro stuck on a piece of rod there is a process in the making of this pad .

Before you condem it get one and check it out, anything that you could do to break this thing would break any other peice of glass including the bell on any curve out there you used the term janky and breakable before, the test unit at Labworx shop has been rockin in daily use tests for 7+ months Spiral you should get one and do a subjective review on it I will have mine out after I have past 30 days of testing.:)

rbrown13,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
rbrown13 said:
SpiralArchitect said:

well that was your take on the glass pad and curve when I first showed them a while back I have been using the glass for about 3 weeks now day in and day out all day long and I just got a prototype quartz pad version in the mail today I'll be reporting on that later as well as a more in depth review of the boro pad but I can tell you after three weeks using this boro pad with several high grade indoor strain oils I will not at least at this point be going back to ti, the glass produces a cleaner sweeter taste and this has been confirmed by several people myself included in side by side boro/ti real world tests it simply outperforms ti and Spiral just because it's available and "none" of the blowers are using it doesn't mean it's not superior this pad isn't just a piece of boro stuck on a piece of rod there is a process in the making of this pad .

Before you condem it get one and check it out, anything that you could do to break this thing would break any other peice of glass including the bell on any curve out there you used the term janky and breakable before, the test unit at Labworx shop has been rockin in daily use tests for 7+ months Spiral you should get one and do a subjective review on it I will have mine out after I have past 30 days of testing.:)
What do you think of the quartz pad version you got? I got a quartz pad on my one rig n I find it tastes different than all my other rigs that are rigged up with ti... I feel the quartz burns my throat n takes like crap... even the bub tastes like crap when u dry hit it after its all oiled up.. taste like that black shitty oil! not that sweeet oil taste like the others! n I no its not the rig cuz its tastes the same when I put it on a different bubb! n the damn thing was brand new! idk man tell me what you think!... I think i might switch back to all ti tho!

cogz756,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Damn it's been awhile since I've been up in this thread. Azns glass addiction hasn't changed like I see. But one question, why'd you get rid of the jagito and switch to the a/c?? That's the unobtainium will tube I'm guessing as well. Looks a bit smaller than your last one. Plus you got another dosa rig?!? I love the colors on that one

That trikky tube is I'll as well. I love the 26x4mm tubing he's using on thosel. Super small keepin it fresh.

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
Jagito put my Ti pad at an undesirable angle to heat laying down, and had to prop it up to line the pad up with my blazer. AC/jbend puts the kutpad at the perfect height, and is the perfect angle for my 45* kut.

The wil tube is a custom I ordered.. 10", 38mm bore, black lip, black pinches, red sig.
DSC03824.jpg

Traded the jagito for the dosa rig, it's going up on the chopping block as soon as my trikky rig is re-done.. Hits great but I need to thin the herd.. Still haven't bought that camera and I'm trying to get back into longboarding again.

aznfknpride,

rbrown13

cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:
SpiralArchitect said:

What do you think of the quartz pad version you got? I got a quartz pad on my one rig n I find it tastes different than all my other rigs that are rigged up with ti... I feel the quartz burns my throat n takes like crap... even the bub tastes like crap when u dry hit it after its all oiled up.. taste like that black shitty oil! not that sweeet oil taste like the others! n I no its not the rig cuz its tastes the same when I put it on a different bubb! n the damn thing was brand new! idk man tell me what you think!... I think i might switch back to all ti tho!
Only been playing with the quartz for a day or two so the jury is still out but early assessment of the quartz is I like the Boro much better the quartz seems to for lack of a better term scorch the dab and kills the taste, now this may also be due to I just haven't found the sweet spot with the heat. I will have a complete review on both soon but for now the Boro pad is the best way to truly enjoy your extracts IMO...

rbrown13,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Lol I hear ya man. I just got a stemline cuz I sold the vg and the inverted showerhead is deffinately a unique hit but I miss the airyness. I haven't had any oil in ages so I haven't even been lookin at rigs. Living with parents and hidding glass doesn't make things any easier. I wish butane was easier to find here. I have to drive 45min each way to even get it now. Some bs.

Weren't you on the hmk list as well?? I'm surprised you don't have a kut pipe yet.

Edit: wait that dosa is what your thinin out or the wil? And what trikky rig are you gettin redone???

minnesnowta,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
rbrown13 said:
cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:

Only been playing with the quartz for a day or two so the jury is still out but early assessment of the quartz is I like the Boro much better the quartz seems to for lack of a better term scorch the dab and kills the taste, now this may also be due to I just haven't found the sweet spot with the heat. I will have a complete review on both soon but for now the Boro pad is the best way to truly enjoy your extracts IMO...
I hear boro pads crack fast as does every glass that gets heated and cooled too much... approx how long do they last for you?

cogz756,

rbrown13

cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:
cogz756 said:
I hear boro pads crack fast as does every glass that gets heated and cooled too much... approx how long do they last for you?
Like I said before I have been using one for a month all day every day and the test unit at the shop has been used the same way for 7 months with the same pad no cracks no breakage if you handle these with a little care they will last for a long time, don't take my word for it get one and try it if you like to taste the full flavor of your concentrates get the glass pad that's all I'm sayin..

rbrown13,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
minnesnowta said:
Lol I hear ya man. I just got a stemline cuz I sold the vg and the inverted showerhead is deffinately a unique hit but I miss the airyness. I haven't had any oil in ages so I haven't even been lookin at rigs. Living with parents and hidding glass doesn't make things any easier. I wish butane was easier to find here. I have to drive 45min each way to even get it now. Some bs.

Weren't you on the hmk list as well?? I'm surprised you don't have a kut pipe yet.

Edit: wait that dosa is what your thinin out or the wil? And what trikky rig are you gettin redone???
I'm gonna list the dosa soon.. I ordered a trikky bub for my kutcurve+downstem, but wasn't built to the specs I asked for so it's being re-made..

I'm pretty sure I'm on the list for a kutpipe, but am just waiting patiently for my turn... If I end up not being on the list, no big deal.. I've simply got too many rigs. But dont get me wrong I will snatch it up if my name is called lol. Kinda prefer the way my mini toobs hit though, my errl'd out ciggy lungs can't handle the big dabs on the small bubs.

EDIT: Dude, you live in the continental US.. order that shit son, you can get cases of that shit for a good price right to your door. PLEASE take advantage because I'm stuck paying 5-6 bucks a can.. I'm just worried the stores near me are going to run out soon, and I'm gonna have to go looking further... :(

aznfknpride,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
rbrown13 said:
Well it looks like this glass pad thing might catch on after all (check this link http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/sgw-worked-mini-tube-with-glass-swing-arm.html) you owe it to yourselves to try the glass pad (Boro not quartz, still not sure about the quartz) I think you will be pleasantly surprised...
What are you not sure of about the quartz? I would really love to hear everyones input on quartz cuz im using it right now and I feel I have alot of problems with it... tastes like crap, too hot... so the wierdeers been on the backburner for now until some ti pads come!:lol:

I was bored so I decided to snap some photos!
DSC00733.jpg

cogz756,

rbrown13

cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:
Well it looks like this glass pad thing might catch on after all (check this link http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/sgw-worked-mini-tube-with-glass-swing-arm.html) you owe it to yourselves to try the glass pad (Boro not quartz, still not sure about the quartz) I think you will be pleasantly surprised...
What are you not sure of about the quartz? I would really love to hear everyones input on quartz cuz im using it right now and I feel I have alot of problems with it... tastes like crap, too hot... so the wierdeers been on the backburner for now until some ti pads come!:lol:

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae202/cogz756/Trikky Toob/DSC00733.jpg
I have to agree with the taste not being the same it almost has a scorched taste to it the quartz can not be approached the same way ti is you have to be more precise on how long you heat it, in doing tests between a boro pad and a quartz pad that once I found the sweet spot as far as heating time the taste improved but what a pita to have to sit there and time how long the flame is on the pad and even with getting it down to a science I still didn't achieve the taste I can get off of boro or ti so for me the quartz is a passing fad I don't really see it being a viable alternative to boro or ti and again for the record the boro pad that I have tested is hands down the best over all taste and efficiency between ti,boro and quartz, don't take my word for it try it for yourselves..

rbrown13,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
rbrown13 said:
cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:

I have to agree with the taste not being the same it almost has a scorched taste to it the quartz can not be approached the same way ti is you have to be more precise on how long you heat it, in doing tests between a boro pad and a quartz pad that once I found the sweet spot as far as heating time the taste improved but what a pita to have to sit there and time how long the flame is on the pad and even with getting it down to a science I still didn't achieve the taste I can get off of boro or ti so for me the quartz is a passing fad I don't really see it being a viable alternative to boro or ti and again for the record the boro pad that I have tested is hands down the best over all taste and efficiency between ti,boro and quartz, don't take my word for it try it for yourselves..
I will forsurely try it out!! I cant find glass pads tho:p.. well havent really looked... where do you get em from?

cogz756,

rbrown13

cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:
cogz756 said:

I will forsurely try it out!! I cant find glass pads tho:p.. well havent really looked... where do you get em from?
Well I got the Labworx all glass curve from ALT and personally I think it's awesome..

rbrown13,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
rbrown13 said:
cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:
Well I got the Labworx all glass curve from ALT and personally I think it's awesome..
yupp its all preference i bet it works great! I personally like the work on glass... thats what makes it for me! dont find alot with work and a glass pad... ill have to talk to a glass blower and see what I can get rigged up!

cogz756,

rbrown13

cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:
cogz756 said:
yupp its all preference i bet it works great! I personally like the work on glass... thats what makes it for me! dont find alot with work and a glass pad... ill have to talk to a glass blower and see what I can get rigged up!
you mean like this?
035.jpg

rbrown13,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
rbrown13 said:
cogz756 said:
rbrown13 said:
you mean like this?
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/rbrown13/035.jpg
HAHA! yes sir! that one is nice! now I need to find a left handed one:p I talked to my buddy at my local head shop n hes gunna get in some glass pads for me... dunno when really hes gotta talk to the blower,
might just talk to a blower of my own:p

cogz756,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
Recently got my ti pads! got my trikky curve wrapped!.. so I can finally use it with my toob!:)
DSC00785.jpg

cogz756,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
finaly got my hands on a dosa. it probaly looks awfully familiar :lol:. i like it alot to say the least.

indoor.jpg

side.jpg

angle-1.jpg

exhale.jpg

minnesnowta,
Top Bottom