1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Bachelor Chow Thread:

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by basement farmer, Jun 24, 2014.

1. basement farmer

basement farmer My face is melting...

For EveryDayAmnesiac...

-Toast English muffins
    -Melt cheese on one side
    -Apply layer of canned three bean salad (well drained)
    -Top with sliced ham (nuked in the mikey)
    -Form into sandwich and eat

Fulfills all the basic food groups, takes less than five minutes and most importantly, cheap.
  2. syrupy

syrupy For the homie.

Whoa isn't four ingredients a lot for a bachelor to work with?

Mon-Weds-Fri.

[​IMG]

Tues, Thurs, Sat

[​IMG]

Sunday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    sasNW, Stu, CarolKing and 3 others like this.
  3. farscaper

farscaper

ham and cheese. miracle whip, opposite cheese with ham keeping defense in between.
    on TOAST!

im married now.... 8 years.... I ask for a ham sandwich... fucking soft white bread....

they ... just ... dont understand...
    :disgust:
    HugieLewis, syrupy, CarolKing and 3 others like this.
  4. DDave

DDave Vape Wizard

Hmmmm.... I thought they had an all in one mix that specifically addresses this need... Ah yes, here it is...
    [​IMG]

Seriously though, when I was a bachelor, didn't always eat so well.... in fact I kind of went by the rule below....

[​IMG]

And paid for it! Big Time!

Switching to eating healthy really has made quite a difference!!!!
  5. cawshook

cawshook Solod out.

Lol come on guys, this isn't even food..
    Salmon
    Fennel
    Spinach with balsamic

And
    Chicken (marinated in equal parts honey, balsamic vinegar, hot sauce)
    Baked Cauliflower
    Roulette with balsamic

I have a lot of recipes that require very easy preparation and are healthy, but these are my favorite. When I want to go cheap, ya its not easy to eat something healthy, but I try not to eat from restaurants, so no money wasted there.

Edit: now I'm craving a hot dog badly. Haven't eaten one in years after hearing a million people tell me "do you know what's in a hotdog?".
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  6. EveryDayAmnesiac

EveryDayAmnesiac I have always been a storm ...

:disgust:

It's no "Bachelor's Delight," I tell you what!

But... it does feature all sorts of unnecessary Bachelor protein, so... I'm going to give it my "Seal of Approval."

All of that looks and sounds disgusting. I love it!

:lol:
  7. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

[​IMG]
    My brothers a bachelor, he said this is his fav. A greasy all American man's meal.
  8. EveryDayAmnesiac

You're drifting dangerously close to my "Cheap High-Qualitly Supermarket Frozen Pizza" thread, @CarolKing! :lol:

And in true bachelor fashion, I've already passed out, woken back up, and am starting all over again. :tup:
  9. syrupy

syrupy For the homie.

I like the blue and white label CHEDDAR & BACON POTATO SKINS - POTATO SKINS STUFFED WITH CHEDDAR CHEESE AND BACON.

"As an adjunct to hamburgers, chicken fingers, pizza, or most other meals the TGI Friday's Cheddar and Bacon Potato Skins are an exceptionally tasty and easy to make side dish or appetizer. Right out of the toaster oven these potato skins taste exactly as if they were served fresh from a TGI Friday's Restaurant."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  10. EveryDayAmnesiac

Any self-loathing bachelor should have some outrageously expired Chinese food in his fridge...

Wow. I'm REALLY entertaining myself tonight...
    basement farmer and CarolKing like this.
  11. basement farmer

You're probably right. That is an unnecessarily complex recipe. Especially when it consumes valuable time better spent on the PlayStation.

For the single guy on the go I was thinking waterdogs, but then there's the hassle of rinsing out the pot afterwards and disposing of the paper plate. So eat them right out of the wrapper. It does say "fully cooked" on the label.
    syrupy and EveryDayAmnesiac like this.
  12. clouded vision

clouded vision Well-Known Member

I didn't realize there was a difference shouldn't these 2 threads be merged :rofl:
  13. syrupy

syrupy For the homie.

Yes, the other thread should be merged into this one.

If not, I'm going to start a "Best Frozen Tater Tots For Bachelors" thread. :lol:

I think one of the greatest disappointments was discovering the vast conspiracy that puts hot dogs in packs of ten, and hot dog buns in packs of eight.

I do have a question for this thread. Inside a can of pork and beans, what is that stuff that looks like yellow cubes? Is that supposed to be the pork? Flavoring? What is that thing?
  14. VaporsVaporizer

VaporsVaporizer On the Stoop

15. HugieLewis

HugieLewis I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion

Cooking is pretty much my favorite hobby and has been for a long time. I always tell my bachelor friends to learn (at least) one dish REALLY well. It doesn't have to be fancy or have a lot of ingredients. When you finally do meet miss right, or even miss right now, you can impress her with your serious cooking talent. Even if you don't have anyone to impress at least you have a tasty dinner that you can make.
  16. syrupy

syrupy For the homie.

Does hamburger helper count?

Until you cook for her a second time, and she learns you only know one dish. Awkward. It's like wearing the same clothes to two consecutive dates.

And the tears of loneliness will drip on the mountain of dishes left afterwards.

Just kidding around, that's good advice about learning one dish well.
  17. basement farmer

Yeah, I think that you're correct. That's the token pork portion to make it pork and beans...technically. I've noticed that there's usually only one cube too.

BTW, you can turn that ramen into gourmet fare by adding P&B's. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Multiply the extra $ spent on that second pack of buns...one of the biggest food conspiracies evah
    EveryDayAmnesiac likes this.
  18. EveryDayAmnesiac

When you've decided karma is not real, and you don't want to live past the age of 40...

[​IMG]

May as well just slurp it straight out of the can... while sitting on the can! :ko:

And why not something to help wash it down?

[​IMG]

It's highly addictive!
    Puffers and clouded vision like this.
  19. EveryDayAmnesiac

Well, I had quite a few leftovers to use up, so...

I ended up mixing chili beans, saute'd cabbage & kale and spaghetti sauce and mixed it up with four eggs and extra oregano and LOTS of black / red pepper. Added some sliced tomato and mozzarella on top.

Started like this:

[​IMG]

Ended like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, if that's not bachelor chow, I don't know what is...

Tasted quite similar to lasagna, actually. :lol:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors