The Bachelor Chow Thread:

EveryDayAmnesiac

I know what I'm eating tonight... only one ingredient, just the way you like it, @syrupy ;)

tTKQSdw.png

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: grokit

basement farmer

My face is melting...
Some new ones just to break up the frozen pizza/ pot pie cycle:

Cheap grocery store tortilla wraps (whole wheat better)
Dollar store peanut butter. I prefer chunky
Dollar store maple syrup. I like butter flavor.
Grocery store link sausage optional

Apply peanut butter to wrap. Rip of small pieces of the wrap. A little goes a long way and you're on a budget.

Dab maple syrup and enjoy. Various microwaving combinations can add to the experience.

An occassional treat. Like eating at grandma's house once in a while.

Brings back childhood memories of weekends at my cousins house. My big, scary, angry uncle would get pissed off because some of his eight kids topped flapjacks with peanut butter and syrup...and it stunk.

Recipe # two.

Well toasted (borderline combusting) cheap grocery store bagel.

Cheese, cream cheese is fine, but melting cheap cheese of any kind.

Youre choice of condiments. I like sauerkraut, decent quality mustards, pickels, hot sauce, sweet onions and anything else that can possibly pop in my head. Lately I've been going crazy over Milwaukee brand Bread and Butter slices.

As comlex as these recipes might sound, they take less time to microwave and easier to prepare than removing the cellophane cover.

grokit

well-worn member
Soak then cook a big pot of beans, with onions peppers garlic seasonings etc. Make tacos pasta stirfry spicy greens huevos rancheros whatever you want. Freeze a few jars for later, done cooking for a week easy. For me it's usually tacos with lots of cilantro, I like the raw tortillas from costco because I can cook 'em up fresh.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Alright, it's been a while, but here's my favorite recipe taught to me by an honesty to goodness boxcar riding hobo. It's called "egg burgers"

Because you are poor as shit, you buy a stick of butter and a dozen eggs. A little cheese if you got the scratch.

Put a pat of butter in your pan and fry two eggs to hard yolks, flipping to brown both sides. It's OK to break yolks. Chop up these eggs and push to side of pan.

Repeat with two more eggs. Repeat until.you have fried and chopped 10 eggs and used all the butter. You should have a pile of seriously over cooked chunks of eggs. Spread the cooked eggs across the pan and pour the last two scrambled eggs over the whole mess and cook until the whole dozen eggs is now a big frying pan shaped patty. Add cheese if you are fancy. Season with free fast food condiments.

This "egg-burger" patty feeds two guys, more if you have cans of beans or can boil rice. The crispy burnt egg creates the illusion of a meaty flavor and texture when your cannot afford meat.

xoDqtFj.jpg

SdAiJel.jpg

Last edited:

djonkoman

^that video is gold:rofl:halfway now. I'm wondering why he even tried to defrost that steak with a piece of toilet paper on the toilet though... just running it under warm tapwater inside that plastic bag it was in would work way better. also why place it on the toilet?

ok, what? is he going to use oil on a 'grill' ?

djonkoman,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Here's a simple one for you guys. It can be made in a crock pot (if any of you even own one) or on the stove top.

2 jars Pace Picante sauce
2 blocks of muenster cheese
1 whole boned chicken breast
1 large jar of white northern beans

Put everything but the cheese in a pot and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove chicken and shred. Add grated cheese and heat until melted. Stir well.

Serve with tortilla chips. It can either be a dip or chili.

Top Bottom