Hwy420

A few more questions about the Air if you guys don't mind.
  1. Is it easy to load on the go?
  2. Some reviewers noted that it's a bit hard to draw — is it a problem?
  3. Odour? we know that vaping is not smell-free, but not all vaporizers are made equal: reviewers wrote that some vapes are smellier than others. How does the Air rank here?
  4. How "fast" is it? some vapes get you blazed faster than others. How does the Air do here?
  5. How many sessions per load (or loads per session) do you have with the Air? of course it depends a lot on a few things like your tolerance and herb quality, but how does it compare with other vapes you tried?

Hwy420,

Episode666

One small investment I have made is a silicone ashtray to tap out my Air stems. I broke 2 stems & a GonG tapping them on my glass ABV jar rim.

Silicone-ashtray.jpg

I need to find one with a thicker rim but for $2-3 it is a small investment considering it cost me $50 to replace the stems.

http://www.tapdatashtray.com/

Check this one out!

builtin.png

Episode666,
Reactions: Stevenski

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
You can use the straw method draw technique to load your stem. If on the go I would load up a couple stems a head of time and use a cap. I have a grinder and I just scoop my cannabis with the mouthpiece. I use a very loose load of product in the oven, no packing.

The draw is similar to a milkshake depending how thick your milkshake is. Going without a screen could help with that. Some folks think the draw isn't an issue for them, it might not be an issue for you.

Far as smell goes - it's not that bad comparing to other vaporizers. Keeping your mouthpiece clean will help with that.

How medicated you get is dependent on your tolerance. I think the AA hold its own in - it gets you pretty wrecked category. A desk top will get you more medicated usually than a portable. I shouldn't say more medicated, it just takes a little longer.

How many sessions to get medicated could be 3 draws or 30 depending on you and your quality of product you are using to medicate with. Also again dependent on your tolerance.

I didn't like the MFLB because I didn't want to put in the battery every time I wanted a draw. I gave mine away to a friend. He loves it. I like to sit back and enjoy my session. I don't want to fiddle with a battery. The difference is the AA is a session vape the MFLB is a one hitter. I personally like a session vape.

We are all different, what one person likes doesn't mean someone else will like it too. When we buy a vaporizer that we haven't been able to try out, it is a gamble.

We are all looking for the best vaporizer we can find. The best vaporizer hasn't been invented yet.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

That was the one I was going to purchase but I could not justify it after doing a cursory ebay search for silicone ashtray.

There is something immensely satisfying about a good session on the Air. I can't put my finger on it but sipping away over a 10 minute session does what I need 60% of the time, everytime.

HomeFree

The only reason I even change my screens in my air is when that dry brown stuff collects under them, between the metal and glass screen that is in the stem along with keeping the air holes open. Otherwise I am sure I could go many months without changing the screen. Just get in the habit of cleaning once a week. Only takes about 15 minutes, I let mine soak overnight so it is easier to deal with the next day.

One of these days I need to get some TSP or PBW and try that out. Iso works but it is probably not ideal. Hot water flowing through will generally melt the last bit off after soaking and using a q-tip with Iso though, then I let them dry.

I never really thought a perfectly clean stem made too much difference, but it is like night and day. The little holes can get clogged up with resin too, causing more draw restriction and a even slightly dirty stem leads to less flavor, less pronounced flavors, more restriction, and less vapor. vapor likes to condense and stick on the sticky resin that collects.

If you don't like it, you can always put it up in the trading area, and get almost as much as you paid for it! Just be sure to treat it right.

HomeFree,

narrowsparrow

MeditativeMind -- Did you mean to hold down the "start" button for a long time? I tried doing that, but gave up in about 10 seconds. Wasn't sure if I was doing damage. I do miss the beep, tho.:(

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
MeditativeMind -- Did you mean to hold down the "start" button for a long time? I tried doing that, but gave up in about 10 seconds. Wasn't sure if I was doing damage. I do miss the beep, tho.:(

The "up" arrow button. When it's already on.

Hold the raise temp button for 5 seconds & you will hear a beep. Hold it again to turn it off.

What they said. While the unit is on, hold the raise temp button (up arrow) for about 5 seconds and the beep will come back on.

MeditativeMind,

CarolKing

You can also clean the screen by using a lighter to burn everything off.
I will hold the screen with tweezers then use a lighter to burn off any resin and cannabis accumulation.
It takes like 4 seconds.
Then after it cools, I clean with ISO because it will leave a burnt aftertaste.
It works really well. I learned that tidbit of vaporizing household hints from @OF.

Hwy420

Thank you guys for sharing your experience, your help is amazing.

More questions:

1) Is it difficult to tell the difference between the White and Orange LEDs? I'm not colour blind but when I look at pictures it's really hard to distinguish.

2) Did you ever feel that five temperature settings is not enough and you wished the Air had more of them (the Solo has seven)?

I think I'm going to buy that little son of a bitch :8

CarolKing

I think that's the AAs drawback, I wish it had more temps. The orange light overshadows the white. I find the lower temps more flavorful. I can hit the higher temps with the Vortex stem from Planetvape it's an extended mouthpiece. It's not very stealth.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon

More questions:

1) Is it difficult to tell the difference between the White and Orange LEDs? I'm not colour blind but when I look at pictures it's really hard to distinguish.

2) Did you ever feel that five temperature settings is not enough and you wished the Air had more of them (the Solo has seven)?

I have found no issue determining between the two as white is more of a pinky colour on my model. If you ask @OF he would have a significantly different opinion I expect as he is colourblind. I would prefer more variable temperatures like the Solo has but I pretty much vape on green when running dry & red when running water so it is all I need although orange comes in handy with my Ed's stem as that needs a higher temp.

The Air or Solo is one of those vapes that every vaporist should have at some stage in their vaping career. Even if you upgrade to XYZ vape in the future there are few better back up vapes than the Air/Solo IMO.

Hwy420

I can hit the higher temps with the Vortex stem from Planetvape it's an extended mouthpiece.
I think it'll be the next item on my to-do list :)

The Air or Solo is one of those vapes that every vaporist should have at some stage in their vaping career. Even if you upgrade to XYZ vape in the future there are few better back up vapes than the Air/Solo IMO.
Do you work in sales, by any chance? if not, think about a career in sales :lol:

Different online and offline stores offer various bonuses if you buy their Air. Which bonus would you choose? [all prices in Canadian dollars, the vape itself costs C$199]

(A) Friendly Stranger:
  1. Free 2 Part Grinder
  2. $5 Off - Extra Battery +$13.95 (reg. $18.95)
  3. $2 Off - Extra Mouth Piece +$7.95 (reg. $9.95)
(B) Toronto Vaporizer
  1. ZEUS Bolt Grinder - FREE
(C) vaped.ca
  1. 2-Piece Aluminum Grinder FREE (reg. $19.99)
  2. Steezy Kicker 4-Piece Aluminum Grinder $14.99 (reg. $39.99)
(D) vaporizers.ca
  1. 4 Piece Premium Grinder, 4 Screens, 2 Cleaning Sticks
  2. Extra Glass Tube, 4 Screens, 4 Cleaning Sticks, 1 Brush

Also, have you heard anything about the sellers? I guess it's a question to Canadians.

By the way, it is 60 (!) bucks more expensive on Arizer's web site — WTF??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hwy420,

MeditativeMind

Do you work in sales, by any chance? if not, think about a career in sales :lol:

Different online and offline stores offer various bonuses if you buy their Air. Which bonus would you choose? [all prices in Canadian dollars, the vape itself costs C$199]

(A) Friendly Stranger:
  1. Free 2 Part Grinder
(B) Toronto Vaporizer
(C) vaped.ca
(D) vaporizers.ca

Also, have you heard anything about the sellers? I guess it's a question to Canadians.

I usually shop at Toronto Hemp Company but I went with TorontoVaporizer for my first Arizer Air. The Zeus Bolt is surprisingly well made, catches a lot of kief, and grinds almost perfectly.

I still prefer my 2pc Santa Cruz Shredder over it but it's awesome for a free bonus.

MeditativeMind,
Reactions: Hwy420

GetLeft

...there are few better back up vapes than the Air/Solo IMO.

Funny notion, the Air as my backup.

When the vaping thing finally clicked in for me around a year ago, the Air was (after a real tough Solo/Air decision-making process, thanks to the wonderful folks at FC) my one and only. It was stealthy inside (little to no odor if used intelligently) and outside (fairly easily concealed while in use); it was good for a quick hit or two after a brief 1-2 minute warm up; or it was good for a relaxed, longer session.

Eventually, I succumbed to the attraction of a desk top, and if someone were to ask me, 'which vape do you prefer to use?' I'd say 'My desktop.'

However, if someone were to ask me (and please don't) 'If you could only keep one, which would it be?,' ...

With my need for stealth, it would be the Air.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Having a quality desktop compliments the Air in all the right ways. Enjoying some one hitters out of the UD today I remarked that I love all my vapes but if I had to pick one it would be the Air. My brother thought I was joking but I can assure you I was not.

sickmanfraud

(A) Friendly Stranger:
  1. Free 2 Part Grinder
(B) Toronto Vaporizer
(C) vaped.ca
(D) vaporizers.ca

Planetvape.ca They are a sponsor. Their deal is Arizer Air, Extra Battery, expedited shipping for $199 Canadian (with the code found in Planetvape's signature.) just under $150 USA.

MeditativeMind

@Hwy420 By the way, both Toronto Hemp Company and TorontoVaporizer are authorized dealers (confirmed by Arizer).

And everyone knows PlanetVape is authorized.

THC doesn't offer any gift/bonus so go with TorontoVaporizer if you need a grinder or PlanetVape if you'd prefer the battery. Shipping charges might be different as well.

EDIT: PlanetVape offers free shipping. If I had to buy my first AA again I'd go with PV. An extra battery is a huge benefit plus saving a few bucks on shipping doesn't hurt. The grinder from TorontoVaporizer is good but if you have a Santa Cruz Shredder or even a SpaceCase then you wouldn't want it.

Spocks_Katra

More questions:

orange glows brighter than the white and its a reddish orange color. the white is a light pink. I dont think it will be any trouble in real life compared to pictures.

I find that the temp settings are more than enough, as I start on green and end on orange. When concentrates are involved, I start on orange and End on red. I have never used blue or white

it is a great vape that I feel would fit right in to anyones lineup. It is reliable, consistent, and extremely low maintenance. It is not difficult to use if you have medical problems like nerve pain or arthritis. It really is the perfect portable

also Id like to note Ive never used a screen and nver really thought it necessary. I use a medium grind like the santa cruz shredder produces and pack it loose and then pack just a tiny bit more and lightly tamp it. the holes in the stem are small enough to block a grind of this size, and you dont have to worry about the airflow like a screen because the holes stay rather clean and unclogged if you unload it while hot/warm

Top Bottom