The Angus Halogen Vape by YLL Vape

Mndeadhead

Fair point, although the tip of that thermometer is only a few mm away from the balls, I can't really imagine convection would make up a full 160+ degree difference. Luckily it's easy enough to test by gently (or not so gently) blowing through the air intake on the bottom.

(15 mins later)

Yeah, I was able to get it up to 351F by experimenting with the convection airflow, but that's still well shy of the advertised specs for the highest setting.

Edit: It appears that at least one unit had issues with the temperature sensor, maybe that's what's up.
/shrug
i think the first one i had was a victim of that issue. worked through vGoodiez and had a new one from the manufacturer in a little over a week. it was a painless process, with no questions asked.

popitup

That won't happen on the last sale "no returns" sale

Just to provide clarification, straight from the horse's mouth on reddit.
vgoodiez Home of the Heavies! 29 points 9 days ago

I have clarified this a few times now. I am not sure whether YLLVAPE will cover the warranty. They certainly could and they certainly should cover it but I don't know. My relationship with that vendor has deteriorated and sales of these units slowed down. I also heard rumblings of a new unit coming so I didn't think it was wise to hold on to the stock all things considered. So I put them out there at 50% off and that is the reason for no returns. That's not abnormal for merchants to do. But I just don't know what will happen with the manufacturer and the warranty which is why I am stating it as such. I hope this helps clarify.

mcuseruk

Does anybody actually have the new Angus with the 100w bulb yet?

I really don't understand what the rubies are doing (higher mass?), but that 100w bulb should create a dramatically different feel. I never take my Angus off the lowest setting, so I'm hoping the heat setting stay the same, but that 100w bulb gets it up to temp quicker and maintains the temp more. But having said that, one minute into a session (hitting it pretty heavily) you can turn it off and still get a couple good pull just from the balls.
Yes, I have one.

Changes Vs my v1.5:
100w bulb
Rubies above bulb
5 presses to turn on (instead of 3)
2 presses to change temperature (instead of 1).

To be honest in use I haven't noticed much difference, but I am not a heavy user at all. I vape maximum once a day, two sessions, but not big hits really.

I think it maybe heats up slightly quicker, and the taste was a bit different.

I think really the changes would benefit people who take big hits as the bigger bulb should enable a more stable temp, I think?

I use both my old 1.5 and new Angus on setting 3 tops, and end up with AVB that is light brown. Both devices seem to be providing similar temperature.

Hope this helps.

F1240

It depends on your level of comfort, I pulled the top plate and wood, then slipped the tube off the bulb and swapped out the glass beads for 27 3mm rubies. No soldering required, the only fiddly bit is the 4 o-rings that center the posts in the wood body.

I don’t think it’s a difficult process, but you have to evaluate based on your own comfort and mechanical inclination.

Well. Gave it a go. Broke the Angus. The two really fine wires snapped as I was putting it back together 😭😭. Right at the bottom because I didn’t have them positioned correctly.

Then in a panic I knocked the thing over and sent tiny ruby balls all over the place.

budski

cantre member
5 presses to turn on (instead of 3)
2 presses to change temperature (instead of 1).

I use both my old 1.5 and new Angus on setting 3 tops, and end up with AVB that is light brown. Both devices seem to be providing similar temperature.

Hope this helps.
I like no more accidental temp changes! I think the temp sensors have issues in both my ruby and vgoodies clearance version I have to start at 3 to get any vapor and 4-5 for decent clouds, seems like there should be another higher temp setting? I'm wonder If I can replace the bulb with a 100w version or if the newer edition has different firmware?

F1240

Does anyone know of a dosing cap filling kit for the Angus caps?

I’m in the UK and can’t find much in the way of accessories.

F1240,

budski

cantre member
Delta 3D studios can help you out. Mike redesigned the mint tin insert for AVLP caps, I'm sure he'd do a angus filler tray. I might get one too!

budski,
Reactions: F1240

F1240

Delta 3D studios can help you out. Mike redesigned the mint tin insert for AVLP caps, I'm sure he'd do an angus filler tray. I might get one too!
Thanks. I’m hoping to find something available in the UK so I don’t have to spend £20 on postage as it makes the item too expensive.

Happy to pay £20 for the item, but then paying the same for postage takes it into too expensive territory for me.

deeznutz

So I just found the Angus sale and this site, in the beginning it sounds like everyone loves it and had pretty good luck but recently seems there's been a few more issues with the sale ones. Any one that's purchased the 50% off units that's had good luck with them. I know it's really cheap but don't want to waste my time and be disappointed just cause it's a steal.

Pukka

So I just found the Angus sale and this site, in the beginning it sounds like everyone loves it and had pretty good luck but recently seems there's been a few more issues with the sale ones. Any one that's purchased the 50% off units that's had good luck with them. I know it's really cheap but don't want to waste my time and be disappointed just cause it's a steal.
I own an original Angus and just purchased one of the VGoodiEZ sale devices. Both perform exactly as expected although, imho, the newer device seems to be a bit hotter, faster (using matched Molicels from the same case). Don't trust me, though, experiment for yourself because I'm crazy 🙃 I'll admit I agree with the Mighty Killer monicker, I find myself picking the Angus over the Mighty most of the time.

edead

Ian im in the same boat as you and have reached out to see if my device is working as intended. It blows my mind people are saying they are running this on levels 1-3. I am running it on level 5 and cannot even get the AVB brown before the first 5 minute session switches the device off. I wasnt expecting much for $99 but this thing is a major dissappointment if it indeed not a lemon unit. Even the ALP leaves this thing in the dust and thats like a little toy compared to the TM2

to update on this

i had reached out and described my issue and testing i had done and was sent a new unit through the mfg. when i received and tested it a battery became stuck in the tube. with a slight readjustment of the metal plate that is no longer an issue. vapor production is considerably better on this unit so i must have gotten a lemon previously. this unit does have the 5/2 clicks and plastic sleeves in the battery tube. on a 3 it outdoes 5 on the old one

Gonchin

I
I bought one and it works great. It produces vapor at the lowest setting. It has been my goto vape since I got it.

F1240

Do any other dosing caps fit the Angus? Just trying to see if AliExpress have cheap ones.

I want to buy a few for ease of use but don’t fancy paying £5 per dosing cap.

F1240,

Maschine

Has anyone designed a 3D printable loading funnel for the Angus yet?
Not 100% what you asked for but a cheap 14 mm glass head/bowl that comes with almost any bubbler or bong fits like glove though its not that wide. I think mine came with the sidewinder bubbler from verdampftnochmal but those are china mass ware so you will find one easy anywhere else.

Edit:
iu

Last edited:

seedy53

has anyone tried to install a 100 w bulb in the angus? Please let us know.

the factory is now selling them for
Yll is selling them pre-built

Angus Halogen Vaporizer Ruby Version with 100W Halogen Bulb
for $169 from china

Last edited:

F1240

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Angus and the ruby version?

Vaping newbie here. I’m enjoying the Angus so if the ruby mod version is worth buying I’ll grab one. But don’t want to spend again if it’s essentially the same thing.

seedy53

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Angus and the ruby version?

Vaping newbie here. I’m enjoying the Angus so if the ruby mod version is worth buying I’ll grab one. But don’t want to spend again if it’s essentially the same thing.
the one i mentioned is not just a ruby mod . it also 2x as powerful halogen bulb. so if you got an og model i would wait until someone can modify and upgrade yours withe rubies and bulb. or sale that one and buy directly from yll china website for $169 plus freight.

deeznutz

Got my Angus the other day from vgoodies, I unfortunately got one that has the condensation but doesn't seem to affect performance. Really love this thing but am a little disappointed because I've heard great things about the customer service and haven't heard back, it's only been 3 days but everyone else had sad they heard back after a day or 2. Oh well, thing still perfoms like a champ, especially with the wpa...not unhappy about purchasing even with the issue.

F1240

the one i mentioned is not just a ruby mod . it also 2x as powerful halogen bulb. so if you got an og model i would wait until someone can modify and upgrade yours withe rubies and bulb. or sale that one and buy directly from yll china website for $169 plus freight.

Thanks. I don’t know anyone who could modify it and have already broken one trying myself, I won’t try again 😂.

I don’t mind paying if it’s worth it.

seedy53

to me the difference between the glass and ruby is a little faster heatup time and more sustained release. I think infra red makes the difference.
2 times more powerful bulb, like it's new 100w halogen bulb makes the biggest difference. rubies vs glass, i don't think 26pc. of 2 or 3mm balls, really matters much towards thermo-mass increase. i might be wrong though. 8-)

seedy53

i found a US site that stocks the new Ruby-100w Angus
They have a 15% off Holiday deal in Checkout auto discount free shipping. $169 - Discount

Top Bottom