The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
What is the the difference between don't, can't, do not, could not, couldn't, didn't ??? Nothing...

"Clinton told the FBI she "could not recall any briefing or training by State related to the retention of federal records or handling classified information," according to the bureau's notes of their interview with Clinton. The documents indicate Clinton told investigators she either does not "recall" or "remember" at least 39 times — often in response to questions about process, potential training or the content of specific emails."
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/02/politics/hillary-clinton-fbi-interview-notes/

http://www.mediaite.com/election-20...-told-the-fbi-she-couldnt-remember-something/

All of the below quotes are taken verbatim from the FBI notes of their interview of Hillary Clinton released this Friday:

“Clinton could not recall when she first received her security clearance and if she carried it with her to State via reciprocity from her time in the Senate.”

“Clinton could not recall any briefing or training by State related to the retention of federal records or handling of classified information.”

“Clinton was aware she was an Original Classification Authority (OCA) at State. Clinton could not recall how often she used this authority or any training or guidance provided by State.”

“Clinton recalled being briefed on special access program (SAP) information but could not recall any specific briefing on how to handle information associated with SAP’s.”

“Clinton was certain she signed an agreement memorializing her access to SAP material, but she could not recall specific detail.”

“Clinton could not recall a specific process for nominating a target for a drone strike and recalled much debate pertaining to the concurrence process.”

“When Clinton’s BlackBerry malfunctioned, her aides would assist in obtaining a new BlackBerry. After moving to the new device, her old SIM card was disposed of by her aides. Clinton did not recall how any data stored on the device was destroyed.”

“While on international travel, Clinton never suspected her BlackBerry was tampered with, nor did she ever lose a BlackBerry while traveling. There were a few occasions where Clinton staff was provided with the secure cell phone, the Clinton did not recall the circumstances or frequency with which this event occurred.”

“Clinton requested a secure BlackBerry while at State, but could not recall why they were unable to provide one.”

“Clinton did not recall receiving any emails she thought should not be on an unclassified system.”

“Clinton did not recall her specific conversations regarding the creation of the clintonemail.com domain, but around January 2009, directed aides to create the email account.”

“Clinton did not recall receiving guidance from State regarding email policies outlined in the Foreign Affairs Manual.”

“Some aides had access to Clinton’s BlackBerry and email accounts, but she could not recall specifically who had access.”

14, 15.

“Additionally Clinton did not recall any specific routine for deleting emails from her account while Secretary of State, nor did she recall ever receiving any messages indicating her account was reaching a storage limit.

Huma Abedin also had an account on clintonemail.combecause she frequently assisted client in with personal matters. Clinton did not recall any other individuals being offered an account on clintonemail.com.”

“After reviewing an email dated June 4, 2011 with the subject line ‘RE: Google email hacking and woeful state of civilian technology,’ Clinton stated she did not recall the compromise of State employees’ Gmail accounts.”

18, 19.

“After reviewing a State communication dated June 28, 2011 with the subject line ‘Securing Personal Email Accounts,’ Clinton stated all cables of a certain policy nature went out under her name and she did not recall the specific cable. Additionally, Clinton did not recall this cable correlating with Brian Pagliano upgrading theclintonemail.com server.”

“When Clinton had technical issues with her server, she contacted [Justin Cooper]. She could not recall ever contacting Pagliano for technical support.”

“She did not recall using an iPad mini until after her tenure as Secretary of State and has never used a MacBook or other computer to access her email.”

“After reviewing an email dated October 13, 2012 with the subject line ‘This am Green on Blue,’ Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“After reviewing an email dated [REDACTED] with subject line [REDACTED], Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

[Editor’s note: that exact phrase appears several time on this list. Each time is a separate instance.]

“After reviewing an email dated [REDACTED] with subject line [REDACTED], Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“Clinton did not recall [Jacob Sullivan] using his Google email account for official business and could not say why it was used in this instance.”

“Clinton did not recall a State policy on confirming classified information and media reports.”

“After reviewing an email dated August 25, 2010, with subject line ‘FW: New York Times article on Salehi,’ Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“After reviewing email dated [REDACTED] with subject line [REDACTED], Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“After reviewing an email dated December 27, 2011, with the subject line ‘FW: SBU,’ Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“After receiving an email dated [REDACTED] with subject line [REDACTED] Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“After reviewing an email dated June 17, 2011, subject line [REDACTED], Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“Clinton had no recollection of actually receiving a ‘non-paper’ or a secure fax and this instance.”

“[REDACTED] talking points are typically classified, but Clinton did not recall in this instance.”

“After reviewing an email dated April 9, 2012, with subject line ‘Call to President Banda,’ Clinton stated she did not remember the email specifically.”

“In December of 2012, Clinton suffered a concussion and then around the New Year had a blood clot. Based on her doctor’s advice, she could only work at State for a few hours a day and could not recall every briefing she received.”

“After reviewing an email dated December 11, 2012 with the subject line ‘FW: Significant FOIA Request,’ Clinton stated she did not recall the specific request and was not aware of receiving any FOIA requests for information related to her email during her tenure as Secretary of State.”

“Clinton did not recall being read-out of her clearance or any SAP’s by State personnel.”

“Clinton’s email address was publicly disclosed in March 2013 when Sydney Blumenthal‘s email account was compromised. As a result Clinton was advised to change her email address and did so, but she did not recall specifically who made this recommendation.”

“Clinton believed [REDACTED] was her primary BlackBerry phone number and she did not recall using a flip phone during her tenure at State, only during her service in the Senate.”

Opps, 40, my bad...
Numbers 1 through 5 strain credulity, IMO, more-so than the others. Special security clearances are proudly accepted and sworn to as a badge of honor of sorts, albeit somewhat humbling in weight and scope of responsibility. The significance of events in our lives are a direct function contributing to our memories of them i.e., the more significant the event the more enduring the memory is likely to be. Would HRC be telling us that events of such importance were just nits to be shooed away without a second thought, not worth remembering with any specificity or detail whatsoever? ...So busy in the thousand & one things she tends to in a day that classified communiques don't even register a blip on her high-alert radar? I'm really having a hard time reconciling her depth of responsibility with her apparent cavalier nonchalance.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
some of those really are a stretch.
Agreed... and somewhat vague and ambiguous insofar as they can appear to be the "gotcha" type questions. But I recognize this line of questioning to be a courtroom interrogative ploy wherein a plethora of "gotcha" questions are thrown out there with all the others to throw one off balance and help conceal the true aim of their searchlight. I also can't believe that HRC goes into any interrogation without fully considering beforehand every possible angle the light will shine from and what is the precise goal of its aim, ready to duck. "I don't recall" in courtroom parlance means "I'm off the hook". Of Course Hillary knows this all-too-well. Dumb like a fox.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I certainly had no intention of coming into this thread last year to beat up on Clinton. See my first post in this thread..

I admit after digging and checking and re-checking so much info in this thread, that I have turned against Hillary and now the DNC, FBI, State Dept and the fucking media are on my shit list.

They are all guilty here. Every last mutherfucking one of them. :p

As of last night, I have lost all faith in our political system. For that I am both sorry and relieved.

Edit: Thanks @CarolKing :rofl: It's been fun.

PS, I don't care who any of you vote for anymore. All of you should feel good about voting for whomever you like, just vote and make sure it counts, if you can?

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I certainly had no intention of coming into this thread last year to beat up on Clinton. See my first post in this thread..

I admit after digging and checking and re-checking so much info in this thread, that I have turned against Hillary and now the DNC, FBI, State Dept and the fucking media are on my shit list.

They are all guilty here. Every last mutherfucking one of them. :p

As of last night, I have lost all faith in our political system. For that I am both sorry and relieved.
You are entitled, fully justified, and definitely NOT alone. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Tally Ho!

MinnBobber

Hillary reminds me of those old timey mobsters like Joey Batters pleading the 5th. Only difference is Hillary is far more likely to have you "accidented" & Accardo had personal integrity.
But Hillary can blame it on the concussion ;)
And Bill didn't inhale and on and on and on.

gangababa

The Daily Show sent Jordan Klepper out to listen to the rational thoughts of Trump supporters.
Go to the link to hear all, but here is One.
obama911_zps2f28vglt.gif

Kind of reminds me of Hillary killeries

HighSeasSailor

Numbers 1 through 5 strain credulity, IMO, more-so than the others. Special security clearances are proudly accepted and sworn to as a badge of honor of sorts, albeit somewhat humbling in weight and scope of responsibility. The significance of events in our lives are a direct function contributing to our memories of them i.e., the more significant the event the more enduring the memory is likely to be. Would HRC be telling us that events of such importance were just nits to be shooed away without a second thought, not worth remembering with any specificity or detail whatsoever? ...So busy in the thousand & one things she tends to in a day that classified communiques don't even register a blip on her high-alert radar? I'm really having a hard time reconciling her depth of responsibility with her apparent cavalier nonchalance.

Even beyond stretching credulity, let's say we took her at her word, and all of this at face value.

Does this sound like a competent human being? Does this sound like someone who should be entrusted to be dog catcher? She can't recall pivotal moments in her career, crucial training for the office she held, has no idea who she ever spoke to, is just utterly clueless about not only the goings-on around her, but her very own deeds, all a complete and inexplicable mystery to her.

That's the problem with Hillary's lies: the cover story is usually that she's a fucking idiot. Remember when her excuse for not using a secure server for email was that she's more comfortable with her Blackberry and couldn't learn how to use a desktop PC to do this? That's something you tolerate when it's your grandma getting on facebook, not something you want to put up with out of the leader the global superpower.

It's a perfectly sound strategy for deception, incidentally. Self-depreciating lies are always more believable to others than self-aggrandizing ones, but she goes through them so often that it's difficult for her to come across as remotely competent in the face of "not knowing" so much about her own doings.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hillary Clinton has her flaws but I would much rather have her keeping the seat warm, even if it was only for 4 years. I can't contemplate Mr. Trump at the wheel as commander and chief. Remember the Supreme Court.

That would give folks time to get some choices for the next election - people that would be more desirable and exceptable for the average voter. Someone that would cause excitement and get young and old, black, brown or whites involved. Like Obama. Hillary is no Obama when it comes to enthusiasm and getting people motivated.

With Trump being such a sad version of a candidate Hillary should be way ahead. With all the baggage and BS plus all the I can't recall stuff, not to mention how the DNC acted and were caught stepping over the line in favoritism regarding Hillary. I hope she can win. If I thought Johnson was viable, I guess he might do as a seat warmer. I seriously don't think he has a chance, it's too bad. Again anyone but Trump. He is way too dangerous. He would piss off the wrong person or people.

Any reasonable real estate in Canada or Mexico?

Last edited:

Msek

Msek said:
In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.

I'm pulling the lever for Trump, because fuck you.

ClearBlueLou said:
Yeah, fuck all of us. Thanks SO MUCH....

Msek said:
I still hope for a return to a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

ClearBlueLou said:
really, I don't believe this - though you might: choosing to allow as much bad to happen as possible because you're pissed is not a vote of confidence in either the people or the very idea of self-government...nor really much of an advertisement for yourself

As stated in my post from which you grabbed a couple lines, I'm in Washington state. I could vote for the man in the moon and it would not make a lick of difference as WA will go for Hillary. Super delegates are an effective tool to help insure the DNC's anointed pick will prevail. = DNC primaries are a sham. Bernie should have made every one of the super delegate Senators, Reps, Governors whose constituents voted for Bernie stand up at the national convention and vote for Hillary, telling their constituents to bugger off to their face.

I've followed this thread long enough to know better than post, but what the heck I'm a silly old guy an went for some exchange of ideas anyway. Thus to receive Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" 7. Tactics #5 as a reply was not totally unexpected.
http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm
7. Tactics

"Tactics are those conscious deliberate acts by which human beings live with each other and deal with the world around them. ... Here our concern is with the tactic of taking; how the Have-Nots can take power away from the Haves." p.126

Always remember the first rule of power tactics (pps.127-134):

1. "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."
5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.
It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

Peace out an enjoy yourself, it is all good.
As a newbie here I did notice quite a few folks I thought might participate do not. It also occurred to me that some of the folks that do post might be scarfing up a little extra spending money, if so good on ya toke up.
BUSTED: Pro-Clinton Super PAC Caught Spending $1 Million on Social Media Trolls
http://usuncut.com/politics/clinton-super-pac-busted/

Did notice this article came out today.
REPORT: Clinton Lackey David Brock Caught ‘Money Laundering’
http://heatst.com/politics/david-brock-money-laundering/

ReggieB

How much can y'all remember about stuff that happened 8 years ago? what about 6 years ago? How many of you can recall specific details on every email you've received? What about for every meeting you've had in that time? All of a sudden everyone is a didactic when they're talking about what someone else should remember or recall.

TeeJay1952

On the "I can't recall"
How many of you can remember letter 17 of the Zion thread. You were on the distro list and you read it.
OK no pressure how about letter 1120 of the Picture thread. You said you liked it. What did you like?
I could go on and on (as if I haven't already).
HRC was S of S and read probably (here is where I pull a number out my ass as I have no way of even estimating) several hundred every day. I got to agree with you, she is no Marilu Henner ( from Taxi) with the "unforgettable" memory. I just know I talk to you guys and have a hard time keeping who is who straight in my head. HRC talks to the world. Public life, staff, charities, Grandma and wife. A long time, A lot of emails and texts and phone calls.

Everyone takes this so personally. Relax, we are peasants talking about the King. I don't agree with allot but that is OK.

The Sun will rise. Tempus Fugit. Time flies.

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
I may not be able to recall every email I have ever received, but I can remember every email I have opened, read and replied to. I remember every bit of training I have ever received.

If you show me the pic from post 1120 in the pic thread (they showed her the emails), I will remember it and why i liked it. Just saying.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would have a hard time remembering emails and correspondence from years back. I understand some of that. I would remember if I had trainings though. It's true she had a head injury.

Hillary Clinton is just a better candidate than Trump. She is well qualified and we live in dangerous times.

Trump is like a bull in a china shop. He is a loose cannon. I've heard Hillary say that but it's true.

The country eventually will be ready and equipped for s third party. They just need a large majority to support it. Maybe someday the Republican Party could go away? If they continue what's been going on that could happen.

Last edited:

BD9

How much can y'all remember about stuff that happened 8 years ago? what about 6 years ago? How many of you can recall specific details on every email you've received? What about for every meeting you've had in that time? All of a sudden everyone is a didactic when they're talking about what someone else should remember or recall.

@ReggieB I see your point and 'some what' agree with you. But, I can remember emails, conversations and especially training from several years back when reminded of certain facts in those conversations emails, etc,.... Word for word? No. But I can remember the basics. And I'm an idiot
It seems that for whatever reason she was trying to hide something(s) and the whole thing comes makes her look dishonest.

After much thought and many conversations, I have decided that I will vote for president and I will vote Hillary. Because trump is one scary SOB.

YaFreekin Right

I just dug through all of my sent* 2009 emails and there are no surprises or unfamiliar emails, anywhere... Lol

Try it.

Edit, Could I remember them without seeing them??? Absolutely not.

Fixed*

Also how many emails do you get a day vs. a secretary of state?

If you don't recall exact details safer/more truthful to say 'I don't recall' that than state something in error.

ReggieB

I'm pleased for you all, really I am but it doesn't alter the fact that people are different and not everyone remembers everything, even with prompting, I certainly don't and I wonder how much of that decreases with age?

I also wonder about the workload that she had in comparison to your good selves? For instance, she got a concussion, advised not to be at work but still went to work and still expected to remember details of every briefing she had during that time period...

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
Better yet, lets put this into a business context. If a company had done this and then underwent a federal investigation for impropriety and not following SEC guidelines, the phrase, "I do not recall" would get them thrown in the slammer.

Or lets look at it from the perspective of a standard FBI agent who was sending/receiving case related information. If he deleted files pertaining to a case, he'd be fired. Even if it was accidental.

The double standard for those in the political class is extremely dangerous and will only further this kind of lunacy. Unless we actually follow the laws and procedures and hold everyone, private and public, to the same standards, our system will continue its decline.

HighSeasSailor

If you spent millions to get elected to office, greased the right palms to get your cabinet appointment, and generally dedicated your life to this task, and that task involved handling classified documents, do you think you'd put more effort into remembering your daily dealings than, say, a cable guy or a pizza chef does?

And have you ever been involved in so many professional lapses of such seriousness? I sure haven't, but if I had, I don't think I would have asked to be promoted to CEO of the company in the immediate aftermath. I mean, maybe if I felt like being a smartass, but I wouldn't actually submit a resume for the position, ya know?

The actual fact is that "I don't recall" is parlance for "Fifth Amendment/no comment" and you'll find this is pretty common lawyer advice for anything where any remote detail could incriminate you. Nobody with any sense really believes Hillary got this far by being unable to wipe her own ass, it's just another stonewall of silence from someone with a decades long saga of hiding the facts even when it's to her own detriment to do so.

Fair to say that I hold the highest office of the land to a higher standard than random cannabis users who use an internet forum. I can remember my past dealings with considerable clarity, but even if I couldn't, I'm not asking people to give me permission to make world-changing decisions or being entrusted with information sensitive to the future of our nation. You and I are also not called upon to disclose our medical histories, tax returns, or other things which are fair to ask of a presidential candidate.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Accessory Maker
Also how many emails do you get a day vs. a secretary of state?

If you don't recall exact details safer/more truthful to say 'I don't recall' that than state something in error.
Not many compared to her I'd guess. Lol.. I agree with you on the safer part.

And if she admitted that she remembered them, she would have gotten in trouble.

It was her only move in that chess game. I don't blame her for that. I expected it.

gangababa

REPORT: Clinton Lackey David Brock Caught ‘Money Laundering’
I decided to follow the enclosed link to check the source for this article.

thecitizensaudit.com says their mission is "...to prove that regular Americans have the power to hold their Government accountable. Through unapologetic use of our First Amendment Right to a Free Press, we will fulfill this mission by producing original research and insightful reporting on the critical issues of our time.

A look at their home page shows NO articles about Trump's monetary impropriety.
Could there be bias that thus brings into question honesty?

Entering Trump into the "search this site" function on the page on the page brings up NO articles.
Could there be bias that thus brings into question this site's honesty?

Last edited:
Top Bottom