The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Gunky

-snip-
Im really freightened. This whole election will be over soon. We will have a angry crazy person as a president, plus a liar. With Hillary we get a liar.
-snip-
You keep repeating this. Trump is angry, Hillary is a liar. What specifically did she lie about that got you so upset? I mean, really! Next to Trump Hillary's lies are little, Catholic school girl lies, so one wonders why you keep calling this pale dish towel black when it's sitting there next to a kettle. And please, don't answer with a polling statistic.

And if you are really so terrified of Trump, please quit putting down the only realistic alternative.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Maher: I'd Vote For 'Dead Hillary' Over Trump
ap53735854847.jpg

BY:
AMANDA PRESTIGIACOMO
SEPTEMBER 14, 2016

On Monday, Comedian and HBO talk show host Bill Maher said he would vote for "Dead Hillary" over her rival, Republican nominee Donald Trump.

“Pneumonia? I’d vote for Dead Hillary in this race. She could be Patient Zero for Bubonic Plague, still better than #TangerineNightmare,” Maher tweeted, referring to Trump as the "Tangerine Nightmare."

Bill Maher just went there. HBO’s Real Time host spoke at the the DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C on Saturday, and made a joke that seemed to hint somebody should assassinate Donald Trump.

“I’m nervous with this election,” he said in audio recorded at the event. “I saw the headline today: ‘Race tightening, Trump ahead in Ohio and Florida.’ If this race is even the week before the election, somebody is going to have to go out there …” Maher pauses and a woman in the crowd can be heard warning, “Don’t say it…” Then Maher delivers the punchline: “Why do you think they let Hinckley out?” The joke was met by plenty of laughter and applause.

John Hinkley Jr. was released from a mental hospital Saturday after years of incarceration for attempting to assassinate President Ronald Reagan in 1981.

@Gunky I'm curious why other folks can say their opinions about Hillary but I can't? My opinion stands. I'm voting against Trump and voting for Hillary isn't that enough? I always vote democrat, that doesn't mean I agree with everything that they do. My values and ideas match up with the democrats not republican.

Edit
I agree to respectfully disagree with you @Gunky
I think it was ridiculous that the liberal press made such a big deal about her not telling everyone about her pneumonia. She should have some privacy. With everything Trump has said about her health I can see where she wouldn't have wanted the other side to know that she was sick. I felt empathy for Hilary the last few days. When she made the comment about Trump's supporters last week she was ill then.

Hillary needs to stick to the issues and not keep saying things about Trump. That's how all the republicans lost that he was running with. She can't lower herself to his level. It doesn't work.

Last edited:

Gunky

@Gunky I'm curious why other folks can say their opinion about Hillary but I can't? My opinion stands.
This has got to be about the oldest internet fallacy. You give your opinion and when somebody disagrees with it and criticizes it, we hear yelps about free speech. Free speech entitles you to say what you wish. It does not make your opinion immune from criticism. You are perfectly free to state your opinion. I am also perfectly free to hold you to account, and ask you to specify what lies you are talking about when you call Hillary Clinton a liar. By calling her a liar but no specifics, you become a mouthpiece for Trump and Fox news. You hurt the only candidate that can save us from Trump. Hence my criticism of your post. This is a person who has actually done a lot of good in her life and paid a huge price for it. Maybe stop pigeon-holing a complex personality into the narrow space of "liar".

Gunky,

gangababa

Regarding the extraordinary claims that have been made against Hillery Clinton, I still await some extraordinary proofs.
Based on the decades of angry, lying spin against Clinton, I refuse to see the Clinton hate as anything but emotion and illogic.

When the Clinton contract killer of Vince Foster steps forward in confession, then I will accept the extraordinary evidence.

Meanwhile some of USA , having been trolled by Trump's king-of-the-hill claims and passionate promises, are taking the hook of hell bound hate.
I especially indict self professed Christians, clearly getting cozy in Ceasar's closet.

The idea that running a government is analogous to running a business is deplorably faulty reasoning.
The two have extraordinarily different purposes; the means available and the ends desired are not similar.

The day a family can print money, is the day that the 'budget government like family' argument will get my attention.
The day businesses eschew debt 100%, is when I will accept the deficit/debt is bad argument.

Can a real person, not a corporate fiction, live and prosper and pay off debts over centuries like nations can?
Vote the future not your feelings!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I really don't think that reinforcing/repeating the same sentiment or refrain about one candidate or the other, confined to posting on this FC thread, is going to make a tiddly wink's worth of difference in the voting mindset of anyone here or the outside world... and doing so here while in our own shared microscopically small FC membership hasn't a snowball's chance in hell of bolstering the Trump side one iota, so where's the harm in getting it off one's chest yet again. On this 284 page thread thus far, Drumph's ass has been dragged through his own same ol same ol pool o' mud dozens of times, and I'd wager that hasn't swayed anyone's mind decidedly charmed already by the devil himself. Re-stating one's unchanged opinion here should be well-tolerated so long as it serves to further the discussion into as yet uncharted thread talk... hence the foregoing.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The economy in Russia is in the toilet. He is high in the polls because the polls are manipulated by the government. Folks don't live a free life in Russis because it's run by a dictator not a president. We experience freedom here - basically we can say or do what we want as long as it's not against the law. We also have a constitution that allows freedom of speech.

It is all relative Carol. Is the average Russian better or worse off in 2016 or 1986 when it comes to standard of living & general life satisfaction. Do you feel you have more or less freedom from government dominion over your life in 2016 than in 1986? Russia is as free as America really & in both countries money buys power & immunity from accountability. Putin & his thugs just make no secret of what will happen if you cause trouble for them. America will hide behind a veil of bullshit & have you killed anyway.

I think Putin is far & away the most dangerous man on the plant yet I can't help but admire his ability to tell everyone to get fucked & do what he wants.

North Korea is a real threat to my side of the U.S. I hope people realize the stakes in this election. It's not just the Supreme Court at risk.

How many missiles has NK launched that are capable of hitting the west coast without being identified & intercepted? How many terrorist attacks on US soil has NK been responsible for? How many times has NK used nuclear weapons on another state? How many times has any country used nuclear weapons in a offensive capability to slaughter civilians wantonly & indiscriminately?

Vape a stem or two & do the maths Carol. It ain't gonna happen anytime soon :2c: :peace:

Stevenski,
Reactions: grokit

Gunky

False equivalence:

Trump is angry = Clinton lies

I will continue to call it out.

Truth:

Trump is bat-shit crazy and a demonstrable pathological liar; Clinton has been caught telling a micro-fib or two.

This is the difference between that birthday cake candle burned a hole in your sweater and the fucking house-sitter burned the place down with a blow-torch and gasoline and somehow young girls in scanty costume were involved. It's not close and they should not be placed on the same plane of reference, as in

'What's a mutha to do we have (1)an angry guy and (2) a liar?'

This is to place the quality and quantity of these people's sins on the same level. They aren't. But every time somebody says that they are repeating this years media trope: "these are two of the most 'unpopular' candidates..." This does violence to the truth. It turns peculiarities of current polling technology into facts on the ground and levels vast, real differences between the candidates in their knowledge preparation, experience, record, character, yadda yadda... ignores all that and reports on today's opinion poll horse race. To do that is to run our election by Trump standards, as a 'reality' show. Ratings are everything. Never mind if anything he says is actually true or the disgraceful appeals to white christian tribalism.

Last edited:

CarolKing

"Micro fib". I like that. Ha ha ha. Really? I guess I have blind faith towards Obama. I give him a free pass all the time. He does very little wrong in my book.

I will agree with all the names everyone calls Trump. You are singing to the choir.

Gunky

"Micro fib". I like that. Ha ha ha. Really? I guess I have blind faith towards Obama. I give him a free pass all the time. He does very little wrong in my book.

I will agree with all the names everyone calls Trump. You are singing to the choir.
You admit up above that there is no comparison between the two. Why do you then lump them together as two bad choices, Grumpy and Lumpy? That says they are comparable, even equivalent, hence all your hand-wringing. The sad truth is you are repeating asinine tropes from tv and the moronic diatribes of House Repubs on their Benghazi witch hunt.

And if you give Obama a free pass, how come you discount everything he says about Hillary?

Last edited:
Gunky,

MinnBobber

Hillary is a liar. What specifically did she lie about that got you so upset?
Independent voter here, no respect for either candidate but to answer your question:

The classic Hillary, best of Hillary is when questioned about the emails/ devices she has had in her possession, she can't remember (drum roll).... because of her concussion.
If you buy that supreme BS, then your bias is showing.

Gunky

Independent voter here, no respect for either candidate but to answer your question:

The classic Hillary, best of Hillary is when questioned about the emails/ devices she has had in her possession, she can't remember (drum roll).... because of her concussion.
If you buy that supreme BS, then your bias is showing.
Wait (drum roll....), that's the BIG LIE? That's what you've got? Can you find a single pol who hasn't dodged somehow? I'm flabbergasted that we are putting Hillary in the same category of hell as Trump - he's angry and she's a blasted liar - because wait for it, she years later couldn't remember something about which phones she had at one time? Now that is is some serious prevarication! You or I would never stoop to such perfidy. And this is the sort of gotcha that turns Hillary into: "LIAR!!!" Oh boy. Next they are going to get her for complimenting ugly people on how nice they look! I rest my case.

Last edited:
Gunky,

CarolKing

I really don't consider Hillary and Trump in the same category. I'm not happy with Hillary but I think Trump would be disastrous for the U.S. For Crists sakes I have a Hillary sign that I paid for in my yard and I donated $50 to her campaign.

Yes she has been caught conveniently forgetting some very important things but I'm still voting for her. There is nobody else to vote for. Third party candidates are filling the void and taking some votes from Hillary unfortunately. I'm not willing to do that.

I've gotten worried over the last week because Trump seems to be doing better. He's not tweeting like he was, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Looking for real issues and not those fake issues about Hillary?
Here is just one of many that Drumpf has.

olivianewtonjohn

Seems relevant to this thread:

Shes a big fan of Henry Kissinger and Saudi's....

https://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clintons-embrace-of-kissinger-is-inexcusable/

To me thats where I stop needing to know more about this lady. But theres so much more, as of last year she was still for arming and training Syrian rebels (who knows what she believes today, yesterday, or last week). Libya (dont think I need to say more on that one :doh:).

Heres an article by Michele Alexander (author of The New Jim Crow), goes into alot of depth on Bill (and Hillary supported) policies that have torn apart communities:
https://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

The list just goes on and on. As a progressive I will never support or vote for her period. IMO shes a sociopath like trump and many other politicians.

Last edited:
saw this on twitter tonight and I had to laugh. I didn't vet this guys account, so if he's a literal hitler don't get mad at me lol.

11593276.jpg

I also watched Bernie Sanders on the Seth Myers show tonight at a friend's house. Although I have friends that really like him, to be honest this was the first time that I've sat down and watched Bernie speak for more than a couple of minutes. I have to say that I agreed with the bulk of what he was saying, or at least sympathized with it. Certainly not everything, but most of it. I was aware of many of his positions prior to this, but it was the first time watching him speak. He seems very genuine in his concerns. I'm really disappointed that he capitulated so quickly and thoroughly to Hillary. From what I heard, I thought he would keep on fighting. I don't share his optimism about Hillary and the Democrats fighting for most of the causes that are near and dear to him. I feel for his supporters that got left in the lurch.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Bernie has a character trait neither candidate does @wunderkind, compassion. It pains me to see a country so advanced & prosperous allowing so many of its people to be so poorly off. There is something very wrong with a country as rich as America not providing a minimum level of housing, food, education & healthcare to their own people. Bernie did not have all the solutions but his ideals would have been a big step in the right direction from a conscience perspective for America.

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Setting the candidates aside for one second, I see no one has mentioned the New DNC leak dump from Guccifer 2.0, from 4 days ago? The Media is just not talking much about it I guess either.... LOL.

• Selling ambassador seats to big donors.
  • Rigging the NC primary
  • Possible Insider trading
  • Possible securities fraud
  • "Pay to play" column on their donor spreadsheets.
  • Staged protests.
Drip

Drip

Drip

Edit: "The DNC hack was likely an inside job" Oliver Stone @ 6:00 min mark.
http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...ur-oliver-stone.cnn/video/playlists/amanpour/

Any guesses on his next movie project?

Last edited:

gangababa

Whether one buys or rejects supreme BS, one shows their bias!

Choose your bias; is it for non-negatable reality or for provably false delusion?

That there are those who say Clinton always lies; negatable by one spoken truth.
There are those who say Trump can fix everything; proved false if he has left anything broken (bankruptcies anyone?)

Ignoring the chosen faces of the two parties, which party actually has history of serving Americans; which party has a history of serving corporations?
Let us compare the two parties on one issue only; who has the right to vote?
Republican voter suppression is supported by provably false delusions about fake fraud.

Claiming equivalency of Republican to Democratic philosophy is like stating that 6 ounces of apple pie is fundamentally the same as 6 ounces of a steaming pile of shit.

Top Bottom