The 2016 Presidential Candidates Thread

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I heard this from someone. I am not saying it is true.
Many of the best people are saying it is true.

On the issue of the leaks that show Manafort is an agent of a foreign government (haha) he added that he had hired a crack team to go after the leakers.
He then introduced his crack team, comprised of Natasha Fatale and Boris Badenov who he had met in a Crimean brothel where he had been servicing Putin and picking up the cash payments from his Russian employers.

Natasha spoke at the news conference and said, "We are goinK to get that squirrel and his mooses if it is the last thing we do. To catch Mooses you must become mooses!"
original.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
They're both so full of shit it makes my head spin :disgust:

I'm not equivocating here;
hillary's probably not as batshit insane as drumpf :mental:

Or maybe she's just better at hiding it :ninja:

Its not just that you heard he's a Dem, he has switched parties whenever it suits him.
If switching parties is a crime don't forget how hillary was not just a young republican,
she was a "goldwater girl" until she realized that it was [what mlk said, below];

oHe3lih.png

"I wasn’t born a Democrat,"
~ Hillary on page one of her autobiography
hillary.jpg

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/hillary-worked-for-goldwater/

How our misspent youth can come back to haunt us :shit::rofl:

:myday:

Last edited:

Silat

Its not just that you heard he's a Dem, he has switched parties whenever it suits him.

Of his top 10 political contributions, 6/10 were Dems, and he was a registered Dem from 2001-2009.

And to be clear he is not a Dem now. And his so called policy and personal statements are not in the vicinity of Dem ideology.

Silat,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What Trump and Putin Have in Common: Weakness
by Nancy LeTourneau
August 15, 2016 3:50 PM

There hasn’t been this much talk about Russia during a presidential election since we were consumed with talk of the “Red Menace” in the form of the U.S.S.R. We currently have a Republican nominee who seems to be doing the bidding of President Vladimir Putin and has staff with deep ties to him and his Russian oligarchs. Beyond that, most experts believe that the hacking of the DNC server was backed by Russia in an attempt to discredit the Clinton campaign, while some people worry that the Russian military build-up along the Ukrainian borders could spell trouble prior to our election. Finally, we are witnessing what Josh Marshall calls “asymmetric – or information – warfare” with Russia’s growing number of propaganda networks in the West. It is obvious that Vladimir Putin is flexing his muscles.

All of that is why I appreciate what Marshall went on to say:

With the DNC hacking operation (which seems likely to be Russian government backed but might not be), the on-going crisis in Ukraine, Russia’s role in the Middle East, various possible ways of trying to make mischief in the US election etc etc etc, we shouldn’t lose sight of an essential point: Russia is a weak and vulnerable state with geopolitical pretensions wildly out of sync with its national wealth and power.​

Hmmm…where have we heard that before?

That was after Russia invaded Ukraine. President Obama said something similar to Steve Kroft when asked about that country’s intervention in Syria.

When I came into office, Ukraine was governed by a corrupt ruler who was a stooge of Mr. Putin. Syria was Russia’s only ally in the region. And today, rather than being able to count on their support and maintain the base they had in Syria, which they’ve had for a long time, Mr. Putin now is devoting his own troops, his own military, just to barely hold together by a thread his sole ally…

Well Steve, I got to tell you, if you think that running your economy into the ground and having to send troops in in order to prop up your only ally is leadership, then we’ve got a different definition of leadership.​

Trump and Putin are demonstrating what bullies do. They mask their weakness with bravado and attempt to intimidate people into fear. It is the mantra of all dictators.

Right now that’s not working for Donald Trump in this election and it is only further isolating Russia from the rest of the world. Let’s put it another way: if Trump and Putin were so strong, why are they having to work so hard to prove their “manly dominance” to everyone?

lwien

Thanks for that @grokit . I had no idea the she worked for Goldwater. For me, that would be a major negative if these elections were happening in the 60's or 70's. Goldwater scared me almost as much as Trump, but that was over 55 years ago but I do have to say that my basic ideals hasn't changed in over 55 years so this does give me a bit of pause, but not nearly enough to swing me into Trumps camp. Not even close.

Fucking Goldwater and the John Birch Society.

lwien,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
I get it, she was still young and hadn't figured out how to revolt against her upbringing yet :\:rant::lol:

But she was president of the young republicans while in college, so she wasn't that young. It's still safe to say that conservatism was her first instinct, as far as which political ideology inspired her to activism.

:myday:

grokit,

lwien

It's still safe to say that conservatism was her first instinct...

I think it usually happens the other way around in that young liberals many times will turn towards conservatism when they get into their 60's but it's something that kinda boggles my mind in that my core principals hasn't changed since I was a teenager. Thank God I've never grown up, eh?

Serious

Liable to snap at any moment.
Well, I've been a Democrat all my life, but so has my family. Had I ever had the slightest inclination to change parties, it would have been about as big a deal for my Democratic family as I'm sure it was for the Rodhams. I expect it took a certain amount of courage.

I think she was about 21 or 22 when she made her Wellesley commencement address which established her at a pretty early age as a voice on the left.

If we can give Bernie a break for not being a Democrat until this election cycle, maybe we can let Hillary off for not being born to Democrats.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The nuclear codes is reason enough not to allow Trump anywhere near the presidency. He's not qualified to know the codes is what Joe Biden reminded us today. I like Joe Biden.

I feel sad for him, he lost his son to cancer. I think he would have run for president if it hadn't been for his loss. He wants to be there for his grandchildren. It shows the type of man that he is. He also lost his first wife and daughter to a car accident many years ago when he was a young man. He was left to raise two boys.

He told us he is going to the Baltic countries to assure them we will continue to support them. All the negative things Trump is saying regarding U.S support is making them feel nervous.

Maybe Monday is Trump's big boy speech day. Last week he had a grown up speech on a Monday and the rest of the week was crazy stuff.

Mark Cuban says that the stock market will go into turmoil if Trump is elected.

I would like to see Bernie rallying for Hillary. Where did he go? Vacation? Second thoughts? Maybe he is being supportive but we aren't hearing about it.

Edit
Watching reruns from Stephen Colbert he has Jon Stewart on he's doing the news update. He's so funny referring to Sean Hannity as Lumpy (remember Leave It To Beaver). I miss his humor so much. We really need him now. I had seen this before, it was during the republican convention. It was worth watching it again.

Jon Stewart on Colbert: 'You don't own America' | WUSA9.com

Last edited:

Silat

I would like to see Bernie rallying for Hillary. Where did he go? Vacation? Second thoughts? Maybe he is being supportive but we aren't hearing about it.

There is plenty of time left till the voting. No need to throw Bernie out there when the polls are such as they are.

Silat,

lwien

Just an FYI. Trump and Clinton are going to begin getting intel reports tomorrow. What will be the impact of this? Beats the hell outta me, but bs far as Trump getting these reports, they might as well give these reports to Dennis Rodman. The outcome will probably be the same.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Trump's New York Surrogate Uses Racial Slur To Describe Obama — ThinkProgress
ThinkProgress › trumps-new-york-surro...
Carl Paladino speaks before a rally for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump at Griffiss ... and was described by Greene as Trump's “honorary campaign co-chair in the state of New York.” ...
Trump Co-Chair Paladino Says Khan Dishonored Son's Sacrifice, Doesn't Deserve 'Gold Star' Title | Mediaite
Mediaite › online › trump-co-chair-palad...
1 day ago - ... co-chair of the New York chapter of the Trump campaign Carl Paladino is going after Khizr Khan and ...

CarolKing,

ReggieB

Just an FYI. Trump and Clinton are going to begin getting intel reports tomorrow. What will be the impact of this? Beats the hell outta me, but bs far as Trump getting these reports, they might as well give these reports to Dennis Rodman. The outcome will probably be the same.
You mean trump is going to dye his hair and make questionable life choices?

Silat

Man these turds cannot help themselves:

"Is Drumpf sick? The Drumpf 'medical letter' shows every sign of being a fake"

Holy shit. I guess I need to lower the bar for these morons. Positive means he has a problem. LOL

"Trump tests positive for every medical ailment. All of them. Supposedly, that's what his doctor says-or at least, that's what the Trump campaign portrays him as saying."

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/is-...s-every-sign-of-being-a-fake/comments/#disqus

Silat,
Top Bottom